Roll Call
0 members (), 53 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 11:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cartoon Network - Teen Titans
#141062 10/01/05 10:27 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
decided to have this thread set up to talk about the Teen Titans cartoon show... did anyone catch tonight's episode?

All I wanted to comment - Whoa!!! Madame Rouge....Monsieur Mallah....but there was one surprise that threw me off guard - the appearance of General Immortus! I saw Phobia near the end of the show....and Jericho, Kole and they went too fast...I wish they show one more time! Looks like Deathstroke may work for the Brain....alongside Mad Mod, Plasmus, Johnny Rancid(? that name right?), Mother Fairy (can't remember her name - the one who put the Teen Titans in a giant pie to be cooked...), Jinx, Mammoth, Gizmo (I am still waiting for Shimmer to appear!!), and many villains I cannot name because it went too fast too! Anyone caught any unusual villains or heroes? I thought I saw Bushido but was not sure of it.

Re: Cartoon Network - Teen Titans
#141063 10/01/05 10:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lemme get this straight - Mallah was the ape, General Immortus was the guy who survives inside his own brain and is virtually immortal (hence the name) - or was that Vandal Savage?

#141064 10/01/05 10:42 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
hmmm originally the Brotherhood of Evil consisted only three of the villains - the Brain, Monsieur Mallah, and Madame Rouge, with "occasional team up" with Dr. Mog (? can't remember his name - controlled a giant red robot), General Immortus, and Garguax - made the first appearance in "the Greatest Adventure" starring the Doom Patrol (again consisted only of four members - the Chief, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man, and Robotman).

approximately 20 years later, the Brotherhood of Evil made a "new" appearance in the new Teen Titans (#13), where Changeling (Beast Boy) was searching for Robotman...the membership for Brotherhood consisted of: Monsieur Mallah, the Brain, Houngan, Phobia, Plasmus, Warp....later on added Trinity and Jinx (from Fearsome Five)....we have not seen the latest current incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil yet.

so, to answer your question, Vandal Savage never had any connections to any of them at all. The Brain was always nameless, he was (If I believe correctly - corrections are welcomed) the doctor who removed the human brain from somebody and put it in the Ape's body...hence Monsieur Mallah gaining high IQ....General Immortus is an old man who is the Chief's main adversary and always in chasing him because he believed that the Chief has a formula that will make General an immortal one. So he is not immortal YET. As for right now, we still dont know what happened to him.

#141065 10/02/05 01:08 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It looked to me like the Titans are going to face their own version of the Villians United saga that's going on in the JLU. There were lots of guys I didn't recognize in that big group shot of the bad guys but there were also just about every villian the Titans have faced in their series so far.
We could be looking forward to a seriously action packed season for this band of teens we've come to like.

I was surprised how little time the Teen Titans actually got in this episode. Most of the time was dedicated to Beast Boy and Mento on their quest to rescue the Doom Patrol. Robin and the gang jumped in at the last minute to save the day and team up with Gar's family and kicked the bad guy booty.

I thought it was a pretty cool "coming of age" story for the green kid. Nice ending to where the kids find out that his real name is Garfield Logan.

Is that he first time that one of their civilian names is actually used in the series? (not counting Nosyerg of course)

#141066 10/02/05 01:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
hmmm originally the Brotherhood of Evil consisted only three of the villains - the Brain, Monsieur Mallah, and Madame Rouge, with "occasional team up" with Dr. Mog (? can't remember his name - controlled a giant red robot), General Immortus, and Garguax - made the first appearance in "the Greatest Adventure" starring the Doom Patrol (again consisted only of four members - the Chief, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man, and Robotman).

approximately 20 years later, the Brotherhood of Evil made a "new" appearance in the new Teen Titans (#13), where Changeling (Beast Boy) was searching for Robotman...the membership for Brotherhood consisted of: Monsieur Mallah, the Brain, Houngan, Phobia, Plasmus, Warp....later on added Trinity and Jinx (from Fearsome Five)....we have not seen the latest current incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil yet.

so, to answer your question, Vandal Savage never had any connections to any of them at all. The Brain was always nameless, he was (If I believe correctly - corrections are welcomed) the doctor who removed the human brain from somebody and put it in the Ape's body...hence Monsieur Mallah gaining high IQ....General Immortus is an old man who is the Chief's main adversary and always in chasing him because he believed that the Chief has a formula that will make General an immortal one. So he is not immortal YET. As for right now, we still dont know what happened to him.
Much obliged for your info, dude - if this Immortus is an old guy chances are he must be an even older old guy or else wormfood. I didnt remember the original line-up of the BOM, but i do remember a story from MY GREATEST ADVENTURE/DOOM PATROL which had the nasty Madam Rouge going solo and impersonating each Doom Patroller in turn to confuse the heck out of the others - does this ring a bell?

#141067 10/02/05 01:58 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Yellow Kid - nope I don't think that Beast Boy was the first one to use the real name....I remember hearing Cyborg's "last name" Stone used for infiltrating HIVE....and Starfire's name being called by her sister and royal family - I think.

LAM - General Immortus looks like Spider Man's foe the Vulture dressed in Blue Soldier from Civil War.

hmm about Rouges impersonating - I will need to check the Doom Patrol archive #1...don't remember...

#141068 10/02/05 02:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
It looked to me like the Titans are going to face their own version of the Villians United saga that's going on in the JLU.
Interesting thing about the Legion of Doom over in JLU -- I noticed in one of the screen grabs I saw online that one of the Legion of Doom is actually *Control Freak* of all villains! Could be the first real crossover into that universe. I don't know if there were any others (I would've expected Dr. Light out of any Titan villains, thought lord knows Deathstroke (or "Slade") would've been awesome).

#141069 10/02/05 06:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
LAM - General Immortus looks like Spider Man's foe the Vulture dressed in Blue Soldier from Civil War.

hmm about Rouges impersonating - I will need to check the Doom Patrol archive #1...don't remember...
Thanks for the recap, mate... It gives me a clearer picture of Immortus - and just how spectacular Bruno Premiani was/is as an artist (is this guy still alive)?

#141070 10/02/05 06:29 PM
Leader
Leader
I don't mean to get on your case but the Teen Titans Go thread is the main Teen Titans toon discussion thread and has been for awhile, hence why I kept on bumping it and keeping it going.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#141071 10/02/05 06:48 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Here

I missed the ad for the next episode at the end. (was there one?) Any information on what's up next week for the kids?

#141072 10/02/05 09:21 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Next week - as I believe - focus on the beginning of the Brain's operation to kidnap many young heroes such as Hotspot and Wildebeest and Robin has to do something to rescue them?

ActorLad - that thread has gone down the slippery slope and off the point. so I thought that it would be appropriate to start the thread where we can actually talk about the cartoon clearly, instead of me having to find which one to put...I often thought that "Teen Titans Go" is based on the comics book hence there a confusion.

#141073 10/02/05 09:25 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ah...found the sources that details each episode: here it is:

Homecoming Part 1: When Beast Boy's former team THE DOOM PATROL is in trouble, the Titans must embark on a daring mission to save them. Beast Boy explains that this can only mean one thing: the Doom Patrol's greatest foes are back. THE BROTHERHOOD OF EVIL has returned.

Homecoming Part 2: The Doom Patrol has been saved, but the sinister Brotherhood of Evil is still on the loose. It's just like old times for Beast Boy when he finds himself back on the team for one last mission - to stop the Brotherhood once and for all... no matter what the cost.

Trust: The Brotherhood of Evil has begun its master plan to eliminate all of the young superheroes around the globe, starting with honorary Titans Wildebeest and Hotspot. This new threat brings Robin to Morocco. But with an unknown enemy, how can anyone know who to trust?

For Real: Control Freak returns to Titan Tower with “The Ultimate Titans Challenge”, a series of events designed specifically to challenge the Teen Titans. But what happens to Control Freak’s big plan when he finds himself facing not the “real” Titans – but the Titans East?

Snowblind: While battling a mysterious creature in the wilds of Siberia, Starfire is lost in a blinding snowstorm. A reclusive young soldier named Red Star comes to her aid and the two become fast friends. When Robin and the rest of the Titans arrive, they discover Red Star hides not only a tragic past, but a destructive secret.

Kole: While in the Arctic Circle, the Teen Titans once again take on Dr. Light. And when an accident sends the Titans through the ice, they discover a new exotic Underworld --and two new superheroes, Kole and her caveman sidekick Gnarrk.

Hide & Seek: With the other Teen Titans off fighting exciting battles with the Brotherhood of Evil, Raven is left with the worst task of all -- transporting three rambunctious future superheroes to safety. But this simple task turns into an adventure in babysitting as Raven and her young charges are chased through the Alps by the Brotherhood of Evil's Msr. Mallah.

Lightspeed: With Titans dispatched across the globe, members of the Hive Five figure they have it made. Unfortunately their city-wide crime spree is cut short when a new hero in town spoils the fun. Handing him over to the Brotherhood of Evil may score the Hive Five points, but actually catching this lightning-fast do-gooder is much harder than it seems.

Revved Up: Robin's most prized possession is stolen by the hip hot-rodder DING DONG DADDY, and to get it back they're going to have to beat him in a cross-country ROAD RACE. But with Ding Dong Daddy making the rules and a few unexpected rivals joining in the competition, it's anyone's guess who will cross the finish line first!

Go: How did ROBIN meet STARFIRE? What was BEAST BOY's first joke? Why did CYBORG build his Sonic Cannon? When did RAVEN first call the Titans her friends? Return to the very beginning and see how it all started – from the word "GO!"

Calling All Titans: The final game has begun. While the Titans are spread out throughout the globe on one last mission, Brotherhood mastermind the Brain makes his move. Robin has a strategy of his own, but as all the villains begin taking down all the superheroes all at once, will it be enough to save his friends?

Titans Together: All seems lost for young heroes across the globe: they have been spread far and wide, their lines of communication have been severed, and one by one, the Brotherhood of Evil takes them down. But as The Brain claims his victory is assured, one brave hero manages to slip thorough the Brotherhood of Evil's grasp.

Things Change: After months of fighting the Brotherhood of Evil around the globe, the Teen Titans are finally back home. But a walk through the city reveals that things are no longer as they remembered. And while Beast Boy wants everything to be just like it was in the past, he has to face the fact that in life things change.

#141074 10/02/05 11:32 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by ActorLad:
I don't mean to get on your case but the Teen Titans Go thread is the main Teen Titans toon discussion thread and has been for awhile, hence why I kept on bumping it and keeping it going.
so. maybe this is a new thread.

#141075 10/02/05 11:33 PM
Active
Active
new season.

#141076 10/02/05 11:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kole...AND Gnarrk appear in the new season? Can Lilith be that far behind - or Troia?

#141077 10/03/05 12:12 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
according to the Titans' website, Wonder Girl "unofficially" made an appearance last episode near the end. WE missed her!!

#141078 10/03/05 12:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I really hate those "blink and you miss them" type of cameos... frown

#141079 10/08/05 12:32 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Don't forget !!!! Madame Rouge, Hotspot, and Wildebeast will be the guest-starring in the new episode tonight!!! Madame Rouge is shown hunting down Hotspot and Hotspot is on the run. Robin comes to the rescue!!

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,367
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Paul Newell
Paul Newell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star