Roll Call
0 members (), 124 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: DC's TT: Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?
#141124 03/30/04 05:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
P.S. Mal's ret-conned identity was 'The Herald'. Quite a cool name, and *much* better than Hornblower but the Mal I prefer is always going to be the one who ran around in that orange/brown jump-suit outfit as drawn by the supreme Nick Cardy. That look was tough and practical and totally suited him. Mal is a cool character just by being himself. He doesn't need a costume or identity and I hope when Geoff brings him back he realises that.

Speaking of Mal's costumes - does anyone remember that fan-created costume he wore for about 2 pages back in the 70s? shudder shudder shudder Hideous! ... (But gloriously camp at the same time!) DoctorMayavale

#141125 03/30/04 05:51 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Heh...to me the Titans are the costumeless 60s period with Lilith, Mal and Gnaark. Probably because it was a couple of decades before I read any other Titans series.

So I guess I'm more accepting of this (and the Jurgens title) as a Titans series than most since its doubtful I'll ever see "my" Titans again.

#141126 04/03/04 08:33 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
[b]Ummm... Is that a black Guardian I see up there? confused
That's Mal Duncan, who joined the team in their late 60s/early 70s original run during the brief period they ditched their costumes and did super-heroics in street clothes.

He was brought back in issue 44 (first issue of the mid-70s revival) but wasn't deemed worthy by Dr. Light to kidnap when he kidnapped Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash and Wonder Girl.

So Mal donned that exoskeleton and costume of the Guardian on display in Titans HQ and proceeded to track Dr. Light down and give him the what-for.

Unfortunately, that guise only lasted 1 issue. The next issue, Mal was back in his street clothes.

Soon after, he won a magical horn after beating the Angel of Death in a wrestling match (I'm not making this up!) and donned the unfortunate guise of The Hornblower.

MAN, those were the days. The Titans were HQ'ed in a DISCO, man! Good times...! [/b]
Whoa... Thanks for the flashback - errr - info. wink

Wayne@OZ
#141127 04/10/04 08:35 PM
Active
Active
I've enjoyed most of the Wolfman-Perez Titans through back issues, and have grown to appreciate the freshness that they brought to comics. But I was mostly interested in the new Titans - Raven, Changeling (a grown man should NOT be going around calling himself Beast Boy!), Cyborg, and Starfire. Those were the ones I want to see more of. I always felt that Dick and Donna were constantly "stealing the show". I felt the same about Superboy in the Legion as well.

So I have some interest in this new series. I want to see that generation of Titans take center stage and NOT just serve as a supporting cast to Young Justice. I don't mind the young kids as long as they learn their place in the pecking order (something they haven't done yet). I'm holding out that Johns will still deliver a good New Titans style comic.

Actually, I'll be happy if Johns just writes good stories. And with all of these opinions on what everyone wants from a Titans book, there's no way he could please everyone unless he just writes good tales. He's fully capable of doing it (see Hawman, JSA, and Flash) but it's been almost a year now, and I still haven't quite been impressed. I'm still buying so things aren't completely bad, but every month seems like a wait-and-see.

#141128 07/13/04 02:39 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Wha wha WHA?? future era grown up versions of OUR current era Teen Titans confronting their younger teen selves after the forthcoming Legion special is done? eek

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#141129 07/27/04 10:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Robinette-bashers,

I heard sales of ROBIN increased an unheard of 50-100% once Stephanie took over!

DC was so flabbergasted, they allegedly fell all over themselves to lengthen her run as Robin.

How ya like her now? wink

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#141130 07/28/04 06:33 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I have been liking it. Although the last issue looks like the last for Stephanie as Robin (story wise)

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#141131 07/28/04 07:16 AM
Vee Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
It's been okay but I find the cartoonish artwork detracting from my enjoyment of the story.

SPOILER
\
\

\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

But it looks like Bats has taken a page from The Donald by ending the current issue by saying to Stephanie... "YOU'RE FIRED!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#141132 07/28/04 01:17 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm interested in seeing where she goes now (I've always liked her, but not as Robin).

I definatley don't want her to die in the upcoming Bat-crossover though, which seems par for the course in comics in general these days...

#141133 11/24/04 01:41 PM
Vee Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm interested in seeing where she goes now (I've always liked her, but not as Robin).

I definatley don't want her to die in the upcoming Bat-crossover though, which seems par for the course in comics in general these days...
Looks like your worst fears have been realized.

Stupid story to estatblish a new bad guy. There was no need for this or his fathers's death in Identity Crisis other than (I believe) to make Tim a darker personality. Which is exactly the wrong thisng to do IMO. Tim is a great counterpoint to Bruce's darkness.

Then again, they've really screwed up Nightwing too! frown

#141134 11/24/04 01:42 PM
Vee Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
But, I loved the last page of the latest Teen Titans!

"We're the Titans East!" Yeah! laugh

#141135 11/24/04 11:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Incidentally, if Tim is the reason the Titans became so dark, doesn't it stand to reason that Tim isn't really going to go in this direction? Yes, he's got every reason to do so, but maybe he'll be the one to break the Bat Curse.

Dan
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,975
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tymann
Tymann
Riverside, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star