Roll Call
1 members (razsolo), 35 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
List of Titans killed since Dan Didio came to DC
#141421 10/28/08 07:55 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Everyone feel free to correct me:

I believe Didio came in around Graduation Day, so we can begin there. Even though many of these heroes were introduced during his run, I still find it appalling that so many teenage super-heroes have been murdered by DC Comics.
  • Lilith / Omen
  • Troia - since revived
  • Pantha
  • Wildebeast
  • Bushido
  • Superboy Kon-El
  • Kid Flash Bart Allen
  • Son of Frankenstein
  • Power Boy
  • Lil' Barda?
  • Bombshell - since revived
  • Marvin
  • Molecule

Not to mention those that have really suffered brutally: Wendy, Risk (losing both arms--c'mon!), all of the Titans East group that were disgustingly almost killed, and who knows how many I left out.

WTF? When did killing teenage super-heroes become more than an occassional, perhaps even moving, occurrence and become a run of the mill part of the DCU? Which editor has some kind of sick fantasy that gets off on this? Because I can't see any other explanation.

Re: List of Titans killed since Dan Didio came to DC
#141422 10/28/08 09:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Also dead -

• Joker's Daughter
  • Terra
  • Osiris
  • Inertia? Does he count?

Suffering -

• Bumblebee - shrunk down permanently
  • Mal Duncan - given hideous name Vox and now can't speak
  • Tempest - powerless with white hair, his family missing
  • Supergirl (Matrix) - fate unknown
  • Atom - ex-wife becomes murderer and Eclipso, he goes into Limbo
  • Captain Marvel Junior - majorly screwed up by Winnick
  • Jericho - hero, villain, hero, villain

#141423 10/28/08 11:45 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It seems fairly obvious to me that Didio is no Titans fan.

In fact, I'm a little disturbed by all of the almost casual deaths in the DC Universe nowadays. I'm kinda worried that Legion of 3 Worlds is going to see deaths in every issue.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#141424 10/28/08 01:36 PM
Active
Active
When did Tempest lose his powers and go all platinum blonde?

#141425 10/28/08 01:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Somewhere in the last Aquaman series?!?

From Wikipedia -

One year later, the solicitation for Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #51 reveals that Tempest will "[try] to help Arthur recover the Trident of Poseidon". Tempest was found by Cal Durham and the people of Sub Diego in issue #50, amnesiac and unable to process water into oxygen, with a post-hypnotic suggestion warning Arthur and Orin on the upcoming fight with their nemesis, Issitoq the Narwal. For the time being, he seems to have lost the ability to process water and any mystical abilities. He has been portrayed in other DC comics (besides Aquaman) as having regained his abilities. (Whether this is a story that hasn't been told yet, or just editorial sloppiness, has yet to be determined). During the events of issues 51-57, Garth encounters Black Manta, who belittles him yet spares his life as a nod to the "cripple" he has become. As Manta attempts to murder Arthur and Cal Durham, Garth destroys the Mantamen's ion cannon and thwarts Manta's plans. Deeply depressed about his physical condition and fearing the fates of Dolphin and Cerdian, Garth is introduced to a sorceress named Leah who leads him to a spacecraft she'd used to transport herself from a mystical city where the young mage might find the answer to his troubles. In issue 56, he boards the ship and leaves in search of his family.
[Linked Image]

#141426 10/28/08 02:15 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Also dead -

• Joker's Daughter
  • Terra
  • Osiris
  • Inertia? Does he count?

Suffering -

• Bumblebee - shrunk down permanently
  • Mal Duncan - given hideous name Vox and now can't speak
  • Tempest - powerless with white hair, his family missing
  • Supergirl (Matrix) - fate unknown
  • Atom - ex-wife becomes murderer and Eclipso, he goes into Limbo
  • Captain Marvel Junior - majorly screwed up by Winnick
  • Jericho - hero, villain, hero, villain

:cringe:

I knew I must have missed some but forgot just how many! Its just disgraceful.

How did Terra die? I can't remember if I missed it or if I just don't care enough about DC anymore to remember.

What I hate the most is the casual introduction of *SO* many Titans during the missing year during 52--and then the casual continous killing of so many of them! Its just...its just disgusting! Its like a Rob Liefield comic circa 1994, where he'd introduce a character, said character appeared over four issues during (2) years and then the character had a bloody death! Except Liefield was pretty honest about what you were getting of course.

Its to the point where I like the character Argent, so I'm just praying I don't see her name in solicits until this current DC regime is gone. Don't use characters I like, because I have so little faith in what will be done to them.

#141427 10/28/08 02:23 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh hey, they just killed some teen hero named 'Fever' that had been shown before as a captive of the Dark Side club, in Terror Titans 1 (along with Molecule, who has the distinction of possibly being the first hero actually killed by the Persuader's Atomic Axe, about 30 years after it started being swung at superheroes...).

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid: How did Terra die? I can't remember if I missed it or if I just don't care enough about DC anymore to remember.
I think she was one of the people whom Black Adam punched to death.

Its to the point where I like the character Argent, so I'm just praying I don't see her name in solicits until this current DC regime is gone. Don't use characters I like, because I have so little faith in what will be done to them.
Same here. I cringe when I see names of two-bit characters I like, because I dread that they will be pointlessly slaughtered to establish the badassitude of some villain I've never heard of and will never see again when the mega-event is over.

I kinda felt the same way in the last few seasons of Buffy, thanks to the degradation and 'deconstruction' of all of the characters on that show. "Please don't use Anya this episode! I don't hate her yet!"

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#141428 10/28/08 02:50 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
From Wikipedia:

" 52
Terra is a member of the Teen Titans group, led by Beast Boy, who fight Black Adam during the World War III storyline. In their second encounter with the crazed Marvel, Terra catches Black Adam off guard by crushing him between two massive boulders. Although this maneuver hurts Adam, it fails to disable him, and in a fit of anger he punches through Terra's chest, killing her instantly. Instead of pursuing Black Adam, the Titans stay behind to bury their fallen comrade."

#141429 10/28/08 04:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I hate to break it to you Cobie, Set...Argent is among the heroes appearing in TERROR TITANS .

I always wanted her to be a Legionnaire. So you know I'm not happy about her appearing there either.

[Linked Image]

#141430 10/28/08 04:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You should see what they've done to the Legion kids in 'Dream Wars'!

They're using the original version of the LSH and the bad/good guys actually laugh about how easy the kids are to kill!

The TT were fairing a little better in that special series ~ nobody had been killed yet, anyway.

But, DC isn't any different from the rest of the world of 'entertainment', though.
How many young people have died on 'Heroes' since it started?

But, DC is kind of the hardest to take.
Heroes that didn't kill and stories that didn't depend on blood baths used to be what DC was all about.
frown

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#141431 10/29/08 08:06 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I'm taking DC's disgraceful ways more personally than I would other companies. They should have a better internal standard to adhere to.

I'm so disgusted with the company right now. I just read the latest interview with Dan Didio and for the first time in my entire life--because even at the peak of the 90's craziness I still loved the majority of DC--I actually have no interest in what is happenig to DC. A sad part of me hopes the majority of their titles are cancelled, sales plummet for the company, most the editors are fired and somehow in 4-5 years a new group takes over and fixes the company from the ground-up.

#141432 10/29/08 08:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Risk has lost BOTH arms? You have gotta be kidding....! (or did I know that and block it out...?)

Oh geez-- I love the names of some of those characters above sight unseen (like TNTeena)... I haven't gotten TERROR TITANS yet... I better not get too excited...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#141433 10/29/08 08:58 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Yeah, I'm taking DC's disgraceful ways more personally than I would other companies. They should have a better internal standard to adhere to.

I'm so disgusted with the company right now. I just read the latest interview with Dan Didio and for the first time in my entire life--because even at the peak of the 90's craziness I still loved the majority of DC--I actually have no interest in what is happenig to DC. A sad part of me hopes the majority of their titles are cancelled, sales plummet for the company, most the editors are fired and somehow in 4-5 years a new group takes over and fixes the company from the ground-up.
Well, Marvel sold very close to twice as many comics as DC in September. Seriously (Marvel 50.92% vs. DC 28.47%).

Oh, and a nice little quote from Brian Hibbs:
Let me tell you a little story about my audience: I was, for the LONGEST time there, the prototypical "DC store" -- DC comics ALWAYS sold better than Marvels for us. This has ABSOLUTELY changed in the wake of "One Year Later" and COUNTDOWN. New DC series are largely non-starters for us, with anything that isn't "A-List" having the lowest rack sales I've ever seen, including my first month of business 19 years ago! Things like RANN/THANAGAR WAR or DC DECISIONS are having rack sales of ONE OR TWO copies for us. I could stop racking 80% of the DC line today, and I don't think it would have a significant negative impact on my sales. That's really painfully ugly.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#141434 10/30/08 07:18 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I'm glad Marvel is beating them so badly. Marvel is no saint--and we both have our pet peives about things we don't like about what they've done--but lately Marvel is actually producing a wide range of quality comic books that are allowed to stand on their own. I'm impressed with Marvel's general output, at least 75% of what they're doing.

DC is the opposite. A small sliver of their material is still excellent, most of it is dreadful and declinging farther. Titans being the most dominant example.

I'm glad to see the company suffer in response for putting the fans through this.

#141435 10/31/08 12:53 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh no, that list of soon-to-be-dead heroes includes Sapphire, from the Power Company!

My word, are even abandoned non-entity hero teams not safe any more? (I loved that book, and I was complacent in the assumption that they were out of sight and out of mind, riding out this whole 'kill-anything-under-20' and 'ressurect-all-the-old-dead-heroes' nonsense.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#141436 10/31/08 04:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Is DC owned like the Blazers?
Or what?
If whomever, decides to sell the franchise (or whatever) maybe we, the fans could buy the company, like the co-opted Packers?

Wouldn't THAT be interesting!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#141437 11/01/08 01:35 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Time Warner owns them, via. Warner Bros.

Given how much Superman mechandise they sell a year, they would probably rather close down the comic division and just keep that cash than sell it.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#141438 11/01/08 08:56 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Yeah. And if this keeps up, don't think that option isn't already on the table somewhere, by some junior exec with little interest in comics.

Or they'd just sell everything but Batman and Superman.

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Crusader
The Crusader
LMBP Outpost
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star