Roll Call
0 members (), 66 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: TITANS EAST! leading by.....
#141807 09/12/07 08:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yes, it's much better to form a team built on tragedy than on family and friendship smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#141808 09/12/07 09:53 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Because you're planning on killing all the youngsters in the special to add pathos to the series... wink
Yeah, they're worried about falling behind the New X-Men in the 'teen hero-killing' sweepstakes.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#141809 09/12/07 10:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm exciting about the lineup, but I really can't say I'm excited to have Winnick writing it. I've tried a few of his series now, and I can't say that I've really enjoyed any of them.

I guess it can't be any worse than the Grayson/Faerber era (knock wood).

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#141810 11/14/07 06:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]

Why in the world do you produce a Titans East one shot with Cyborg leading a new team of youngsters and then start a Titans East series with only Cyborg carrying over?
Because you're planning on killing all the youngsters in the special to add pathos to the series... wink [/b]
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D
Y
O
U

H
A
V
E

B
E
E
N

W
A
R
N
E
D
!

WTF! I should have known better than to buy this when I realized that it says on the cover "Who Will Die!"

Guess what no one dies....they ALL do! Power Boy gets impaled by a tree limb through the chest. Little Barda, Lagoon Boy, Son of Vulcan, Hawk, Dove and Anima all get shot through the torso with what appears to be red bolts of energy. Cyborg gets an blown to bits and ends up in pieces in a crater.

mad

I am so f*cking tired of having to read dreck written by hacks who apparently can't come up with a single creative idea and must resort to slaughtering kids in order to sell a story!

Yes you heard me...save your money. They all die!!! Except Cyborg who seemingly gets blown to bits but I'm sure he gets rebuilt like he has a dozen times in the past.

mad

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#141811 11/14/07 07:17 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
I really don't need DC yanking my chain again. I'll sit this one out.

(Thanks, Vee!)

:tizzlesintheoven:

#141812 11/14/07 11:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You have got to be kidding.

Vee, thanks for the warning... I'm glad I read the spoilers.

i will NOT be picking this up.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#141813 11/15/07 02:09 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I knew PB was going to bite it, for no other reason than he claims to be a New God and things aren't going well for them right about now in DC land. The rest of the ending was dreck. Pure Winick dreck.

Enough with the death of the Titans already. We get it... maybe leave one or two so they can be killed during Final Crisis? :rolleyes:

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#141814 11/15/07 10:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Can no one think of a better reason for the original Titans to regroup than by slaughtering a bunch of other heroes? I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed.

#141815 11/15/07 11:00 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Glad I read the spoilers.

Fucking ridiculous. Really...just outrageous. I won't get this either.

You know what? I'm beginning to loathe DC Comics. Not quite all the way there yet...but I'm starting to.

Outrageous. I can go on and on (Hawk & Dove just created! Etc., etc.). The worst part is it doesn't even hit me where it should--I'm not upset for the characters, I'm annoyed at Dan Didio, Judd Winick and real life people. Considering we've already seen this from DC...oh, 50 different times in the last five years?

DC Comics today reminds me of Marvel of 1989 and Image Comics of 1992. Maybe worse?

#141816 11/15/07 11:12 AM
Leader
Leader
Didn't Winnick also write Graduation Day? If so then he's just carrying on his fine tradition of writing rubbish stories that are apparently just done to kill off Titans.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#141817 11/15/07 12:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Now kids, lets calm down a bit.

Yeah, Power Boy bit it big time. But are we really sure that Hawk and Dove, Lagoon Boy, Lil Barda, Son of Vulcan, and Anima REALLY ARE DEAD? Yes, they did get shot with some sort of energy beam, but that doesn't mean they are dead. Lets see what happens.

#141818 11/15/07 12:18 PM
strange but not a stranger
A realted question. Where did Lil Barda come from?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#141819 11/15/07 12:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Exactly, Quis. They were off hand characters, no one was using them. I think both Marvel and DC are too populated right now, so some culling is fine by me.

Just spouting off.
#141820 11/15/07 12:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Now kids, lets calm down a bit.
But... but... I've already sharpened my pitchfork and dug out my lucky torch laugh

#141821 11/15/07 12:55 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Books by Winick: If it's not BARRY WEEN, forget about buying it! wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#141822 11/15/07 01:12 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Exactly, Quis. They were off hand characters, no one was using them. I think both Marvel and DC are too populated right now, so some culling is fine by me.
I'm sorry CJ. But, I don't think I'll ever comprehend this train of thought.

#141823 11/15/07 01:20 PM
No, no, I mean the question seriously.

I read the Son of Vulcan mini (and liked it) I knew about the female Hawk & Dove (really knew the female Dove from the Hawk & Dove series). I knew Power Boy from Supergirl. I knew Anima (even if I never had read her series). I knew Lagoon Boy came from the cartoon Titans.

But where did Lil Barda come from?

#141824 11/15/07 01:32 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I read the Son of Vulcan mini (and liked it) I knew about the female Hawk & Dove (really knew the female Dove from the Hawk & Dove series). I knew Power Boy from Supergirl. I knew Anima (even if I never had read her series). I knew Lagoon Boy came from the cartoon Titans.

But where did Lil Barda come from?
Lagoon Boy came from Erik Larsen's stint on AQUAMAN. Lil Barda (along with Power Boy) is a previously unknown New God who joined the Titans during the 1 year gap. They quit during 52.

She's visually based on Aria, the daughter of Mr. Miracle and Big Barda from Kingdome Come. But, they never had a child in normal continuity that we know of.

#141825 11/15/07 01:42 PM
Ah, I thought she might have been one of the One Year Gap Titans.

#141826 11/15/07 02:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]Exactly, Quis. They were off hand characters, no one was using them. I think both Marvel and DC are too populated right now, so some culling is fine by me.
I'm sorry CJ. But, I don't think I'll ever comprehend this train of thought.[/b]
I have to agree with that.

#141827 11/15/07 02:01 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Wow, and I was looking forward to reading about adventures with an all-new team. I love all-new (to me) teams, like the Power Company or Young Avengers.

Thanks for the warning Vee! Saved me $4 and a raging case of being pissed-off.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#141828 11/15/07 03:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]Exactly, Quis. They were off hand characters, no one was using them. I think both Marvel and DC are too populated right now, so some culling is fine by me.
I'm sorry CJ. But, I don't think I'll ever comprehend this train of thought.[/b]
Well we've got the JLA, the JSA, the JLA's Outsiders, the Teen Titans, the Shadowpact, the Global Guardians, and Checkmate. With that many teams running around, what do we need another team for? Whether it's the original Titans or a new team of teen heroes...

Whenever there's a crisis (little "c") we get so many heroes, it's like they could form their own city.

Just spouting off.
#141829 11/15/07 05:04 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry CJ but I don't agree with that reasoning. Just because we may have too many teams at the moment (and I'm not sure I agree about that either) is no excuse to kill them off.

Just leave them alone until someone wants to use them someday down the road. Using your reasoning, all of Shadowpact should have been killed off. After all, they're really all "C" list heroes that no one cared about...until Shadowpact.

For some reason (I put the blame squarely on Didio) DC has decided that blood and death are the only things that sell comics. They are very wrong IMO.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#141830 11/15/07 05:13 PM
Well we've got the JLA, the JSA, the JLA's Outsiders, the Teen Titans, the Shadowpact, the Global Guardians, and Checkmate. With that many teams running around, what do we need another team for? Whether it's the original Titans or a new team of teen heroes...

Whenever there's a crisis (little "c") we get so many heroes, it's like they could form their own city.
That's my reason for wanting the JSA to go back to Earth-2. And the Shazam universe existing.

Yeah we have multiple Earths now, but will they be used?

I also agree with Vee. There's no need to "kill" a character just to kill a character.

#141831 11/15/07 05:55 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I actually, like Quis, would prefer if the Freedom Fighters, SHAZAM family and JSA were on seperate Earths now.

But by your reasoning CJ, you know you're only asking for Conner Hawke, Kyle Rayner and other of those 90's heroes (who I know you're a fan of) to be killed off. When you look at DC from an editorial standpoint and think the heroes need to be 'culled a bit', you know the first victims will be the 'replacement heroes'. Ollie Queen and Hal Jordan are Green Arrow and Green Lantern. For ten years they weren't. But I always knew they'd be back, even then, when I was 15. Its too late to change that now. But by thinking along the lines of killing some of DC heroes to open up some room, you'll leave certain characters extremely vulnerable. I can see Conner dying and staying dead. I know almost certainly that Ollie will not. I'd rather neither died.

Am I a major fan of Lagoon Boy? No, but I know a poster who is. I do like Anima. I liked Hawk & Dove too. I just find this style of story-telling somewhat sickening.

Vu, you might be right and they aren't all dead. But Winnick and Didio's track records do not work in their favors. I'd rather not give them the chance and tar and feather the bastards laugh . I gave them too many chances already since Graduation Day.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SeaPea
SeaPea
Orange County, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star