Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 37 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Teen Titans #29 - Spoilers
#142304 11/09/05 05:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Is it me or the quality of this series dropping fast!

Not only were we expected to sit through issues #27 & 28's Leifeld-o-rama, now we have this obvious filler issue in which Jason Todd decides to beat the snot out of Tim Drake for being both a better Robin and a recognized and respected Titan.

Apparently, Jason wears a Liefeld-inspired Robin costume under his Red Hood duds and the Titans never bothered to build him a statue when he died. So he's pissed and takes out all of the Titans easily except for Robin who he battles for 11 boring pages. This issue also sets up Donna's hero collecting and the zombie/Brother Blood issues to come. *yawn*

Re: Teen Titans #29 - Spoilers
#142305 11/09/05 06:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
well I find that book not bad to read....much better than that #27 and #28...and not bad artwork by the way. oh well, YMMV.

#142306 11/21/05 08:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Is it me or the quality of this series dropping fast!

Not only were we expected to sit through issues #27 & 28's Leifeld-o-rama, now we have this obvious filler issue in which Jason Todd decides to beat the snot out of Tim Drake for being both a better Robin and a recognized and respected Titan.

Apparently, Jason wears a Liefeld-inspired Robin costume under his Red Hood duds and the Titans never bothered to build him a statue when he died. So he's pissed and takes out all of the Titans easily except for Robin who he battles for 11 boring pages. This issue also sets up Donna's hero collecting and the zombie/Brother Blood issues to come. *yawn*
I don't get it...Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker - how is it that he (Jason, that is) is back from the dead? confused

#142307 11/22/05 06:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
[/QUOTE]I don't get it...Jason Todd was murdered by the Joker - how is it that he (Jason, that is) is back from the dead? confused [/QB][/QUOTE]

That's a storyline heavily (albiet a bit draggingly) explored in BATMAN. Since the first clues dropped in HUSH story arc, Jason Todd has adopted the Red Hood identity (ironically from the Joker), foiloed many of Black Mask's (the preeminent Kingpin of Gotham) operations, and returned the favor to Joker.

The past year has been about dealing with the emotions that come with this resurrection rather than the how-in-the-world-did-THAT-happen plot. We see a lot of Bats going "how could this be? What does it mean? WHy? WHy? WHY???" and Jason going "the world screwed me and now I'm gonna fix it by screwing it right back?". Not that it's all thaaat bad, not at all, but the stories just seem to feel a little disjointed in the midst of the hyper-hyped pace of everthing-else-crisis going on.

Whoa, that's a lot of babbling... whoops, I miss No Man's Land... frown

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,110
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Not-So-Bad Lad
Not-So-Bad Lad
The Evil Anti-Moon!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star