Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 7 Murran Spies, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:30 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:29 AM
How did you betray Dr. Mayavale in a past life?
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:28 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:26 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 81 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 80 81
Re: Share something completely random!!!
#148615 01/07/10 06:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, well, I forgot to mention something. My dad is a yo-yo.

#148616 01/07/10 06:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
They'll learn more the older you get.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#148617 01/07/10 06:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I mean literally, he's either manic depressive or bi-polar.

#148618 01/07/10 07:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm sorry things are getting so tough, SK. Wish I had some advice.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#148619 01/07/10 07:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Candle:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
[b]
Originally posted by Candle:
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
<strong>My parents are goddamn morons.
lol
no comment, although I'd sure like to make a few [/b]
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
- Mark Twain[/b]
SL is 19, I think, so he has a couple of years to go.

When I was 17, I remember pushing my dad and running away across the fields, never looking behind and crying & yelling all the way.
I was still walking through the knee high snow a couple miles later, when I looked around, and there he was a few feet behind me.
He made sure I got back safely. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had that day, also at about 19 (18 I think) only with my Ma. didn't push her, she'd have slapped the crap out of me. Got on my bike and rode 100 miles from Toledo to the Pontiac Silverdome.... and back.

I can whoop her now though.

Hang in there SK!

#148620 01/07/10 08:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That is one heck of a hike BB.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#148621 01/08/10 12:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Say, howdy!
Ahhhh, to be a teenager again.
sigh

Manic depressive sort of IS bipolar.
That condition can be so hard to live with, both for the sufferer and the family.

Life isn't easy sometimes, it's just worth while. For the most part.
Prayers, SK.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148622 01/08/10 12:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Not just prayers, we have to ignore him. He's like a Black Lantern, he tries to get reactions out of us.

#148623 01/08/10 12:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not your prayers, sweetie, mine. For you and your family.

I've worked with many residents AND staff with the condition.
My best friend in college has fought it all of her life, mostly unsuccessfully.

My family is just depressive.
Manic takes too much energy, I'm afraid.
smile

Get help if you can.
There's on-line groups and probably some in your community.
You've probably heard all of that, though.

hug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148624 01/08/10 12:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well yeah, he is supposed to be getting help, he was checked into a psychiatric hospital in November, and it's fueled by his belief that my mother is having an affair with her friend Anthony, and to be quiet honest I don't care if she is because with all the crap he's said to her, he expects us to lap at his heels like goddamn hunting dogs when he says good and bad things to us.

#148625 01/08/10 12:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not HIM getting help, YOU getting help.
Maybe a school counselor can refer you, and your mom, AND the rest of the family.

We ALL need a helping hand.

A local pastor is usually willing to listen, too.
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148626 01/08/10 12:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I'm doing okay, I have grandpa, and I have people I talk to on DeviantArt, and my former Family Relationships teacher Professor Thompson over at Lehman. And you guys.

They've constantly said about therapy, but that's another thing about my family. We repeat the same arguments over and over its like watching TiVo.

#148627 01/08/10 01:19 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
. . . my family. We repeat the same arguments over and over its like watching TiVo.
You're not alone there!
sigh

I'm glad you have some people to go to!
Use their input and bask in their love and care for you.

And remember to smile .

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148628 01/08/10 01:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, there is one thing I've decided to do to relax, but I already mentioned it. I'm turning one of my stories into a comic book script.

#148629 01/08/10 01:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I hope you share it with us!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148630 01/08/10 01:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I can show the first five pages. That's as much as I've managed to do so far.

PAGE ONE

This page is basically made up of five panels from top to bottom. From panels one through five, the setting is a South American rain forest, filled with .

PANEL ONE: There is a caption box which reads “SOUTH AMERICA, 20th CENTURY EARTH”. This first panel shows the outline of the forest from afar. We can see the evening sky above as twilight has started to creep in, going from orange to purple.

PANEL TWO: We’re now closer into the forest, but not too far. It’s kind of like the view you get as you drive by a forest in your car along a road at night. But, the reader should catch a barely visible glimpse of a human outline.

PANEL THREE: The forest should be filled with indigenous flora and fauna found in South America. Plants and trees in full bloom, heavy vines hanging from branches, monkeys, birds, what have you. The sounds of birds crying out into the night. We should get a warm, misty feeling looking at the jungle. It is night in the tropic.

BIRD: RAAWWWKK!! RAAWWWKK!!

PANEL FOUR: There is a certain feeling, the atmosphere is heavy with crackling ozone. The animals sense that something is going to happen. Maybe some eyes hiding in bushes or knots in trees.

PANEL FIVE: Certain animals turn their heads as a bright light begins to illuminate the jungle from the right hand corner of the panel. Their eyes are wide in surprise and fear.

PAGE TWO

There are three panels making up this page. The first one takes up most of the page, with the bottom two rectangular ones.

PANEL ONE: A Time Sphere has appeared in the canopy. It illuminates the jungle brightly. It is big, round, made of opaque glass. At the top left hand corner of this panel we should see a spider web in the trees, with a fly struggling as the spider creeps up a silken strand.

PANEL TWO: From the canopy we should able to see a monkey, back faced towards the reader, arm grabbing a vine, hanging from it, as the door to the Time Sphere starts to slid open. Steam and smoke is coming out as the door slides open.

PANEL THREE: Okay, we see Lightning Lad’s feet, standing on the threshold of the Sphere. From the reader’s point of view we are looking out towards the canopy. There should be a glimpse of certain animals looking at him. He’s stepped out and he’s standing on jungle ground, now.

PAGE THREE

Okay, this whole page is just Lightning Lad, fully seen, his back towards the Time Sphere in the jungle.

DESCRIPTION: I’m just providing a description of Garth’s appearance. Yes, it’s the current look Gary Frank provided him in Action Comics.

CAPTION BOX: “Born a thousand years from now on the distant planet Winath, Garth Ranzz would gain the ability to generate electricity during his adolescence after a chance encounter with the weird lightning beasts of the planetoid Korbal. Traveling to Earth, Garth used his ability to help save the life of the galaxy’s richest man, R.J. Brande, alongside Rokk Krinn of Braal and Imra Ardeen of Titan, his future wife. Inspired by the legends of Superman, the three would found the universe’s greatest team of super powered beings, the Legion of Super-Heroes. Brash and head strong, a childhood friend of the Man of Steel, he’s LIGHTNING LAD.

In the caption box, Lightning Lad should be written the way it is in Garth’s “Who’s Who” entry.

The title and the credits should be written near the bottom of this page.

“ASK ME NO SECRETS I WILL TELL YOU NO LIES”

Along with writer (moi), artist (you), inker, colorist (hopefully Nei Ruffino), editors, letterer, and cover artist.

PAGE 4

PANEL ONE: The first panel is split into three boxes. In the first two, Garth looks left and right, getting a general feel of the area. The third should be from his point of view as we once again look out into the dark forest.

PANEL TWO: Garth is looking a bit peeved, irate.

LIGHTNING LAD: *Sighs* Just my luck.

(This is the first word bubble)

PANEL THREE: Lightning Lad rises up from the ground and flies above the canopy. As he flies up, we notice that the spider in its web has finished eating the fly.

BIRD: *Whistles*

PANEL FOUR: We see Rima’s outline, looking up at Lightning Lad as he flies up.

PANEL FIVE: There’s swift movement as Rima decides to follow after him.

PAGE FIVE

There are five panels on this page. The page should be made up of three rectangular panels, with one box in the top panel and another in the third.

Panel one is a rectangle with a box at the end, which, I guess, is panel two. Part of panel two overlaps into panel three, so we can clearly see Lightning Lad‘s face.

PANEL ONE: Lightning Lad is flying above the jungle canopy, the wind in his face and his flight ring visible on his right fist. He still looks somewhat mad, but homicidally mad.

THOUGHT BOX: Just my luck I get stuck searching a whole freaking jungle myself for one guy. Grife.

Garth’s thought boxes should be dark blue with a yellow lightning bolt.

PANEL TWO: Close up on Garth’s face. He’s smirking now.

THOUGHT BOX: I’m really gonna have to think of a way to thank Brainy when I get back.

PANEL THREE: We have a caption box reading “Metropolis, 31st Century Earth.” The scenery shifts to the 31st Century in flashback. It should be given a sepia tone, maybe, to indicate that this is a flashback. All futuristic buildings and skyscrapers.

PANEL FOUR: We are now inside the lab of Brainiac 5, the 12th Level genius. He has his back turned to Garth as he stands over a lab table on the left side of the panel. Garth is standing on the right side, back against the wall, arms crossed.

LIGHTNING LAD: This better be important, Brainy. I’m kind of in the middle of something.

PANEL FIVE: Close up of Brainiac 5’s face. There should be some sarcasm in his expression.

BRAINIAC 5: Yes, please forgive me if I had to interrupt you from indulging in your homicidal sibling’s delusions.

#148631 01/08/10 02:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Intreging.
Should we take this to a different thread?
You comment is still kind of random, but mine are not.

3 questions besides that one.
Do you mean 20th or 21st century?
Who is Rima (did I miss the intro of that character or are those 2 panels our first glimpse?)
When you say LL is 'mad', do you mean angry or crazy?

Good visuals and descriptions!
You seem to know the set-up of the book.
:thumbsup:

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148632 01/08/10 02:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, 20th Century.

Rima, as in Rima the Jungle Girl. She's one of the characters involved in that First Wave thing Brian Azzarello's doing. And yeah, angry.

#148633 01/08/10 02:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
. . . Rima, as in Rima the Jungle Girl. She's one of the characters involved in that First Wave thing Brian Azzarello's doing.
Ahhh.
Thank-you for the enlightenment!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#148634 01/08/10 02:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
No prob.

#148635 01/08/10 07:09 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I mean literally, he's either manic depressive or bi-polar.
frown

Sometimes the only thing to do in that kind of situation is get away from it.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#148636 01/08/10 09:31 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
My clients in Oklahoma told me its 4 degrees there--they're basically in shell shock because of it.

(PS - hang in there Sarcasm Lad!)

#148637 01/11/10 03:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So my dad left today he packed everything up and left for his apartment because he thinks my mom manipulated the whole thing to get him out of the house and now he'll never come back.

Okay, I'm bored.

#148638 01/12/10 10:03 PM
mr_cleome found out that he attended the same High School as Jim Shooter. I wonder if that means that, in some weird way, my arrival here was pre-ordained?

TimeTrapper

It's a good thing that I'm not superstitious.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#148639 01/14/10 07:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mrs. Landingham's twin sons died on Christmas day during the Vietnam War

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
Page 67 of 81 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,486
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Roche Runo
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Emily Sivana
Emily Sivana
Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star