Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 48 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 47 48
Re: Still Another Person Below Me
#162439 10/24/11 12:41 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
No, but I've attended one. Thrown for another artist. It was great.

So, anyone prefer balmy Mondays?

How old is your current home computer?

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#162440 10/24/11 12:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by dedman:

SAPBM,

Have you read the Wheel of Time?
I have, though. It's my current favorite series, can't wait for the finale to come out.

Originally posted by cleome45:

So, anyone prefer balmy Mondays?

How old is your current home computer?
I only have a laptop at home; got it when I was a college freshman. It's 6 years old now, quite ancient. I need a new one.

Scintillating Alluring Pretty Beautiful Majesty,

Do you consider yourself adventurous?

#162441 10/25/11 07:40 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Absolutely. I've only got 80 or so years to pack this whole "living" experience into, so if not now... when?

SAPBM,

What is a life experience that you would consider too adventurous for you- something you think might be cool to see someone else do, but that you would never personally try?

#162442 10/26/11 05:36 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Something else else like walking on moving trains, or stunt motorcycling. Life experiences that require me to rely on only myself. I much prefer those like bungee jumping or skydiving, which are much safer with the proper equipment.

SAPBM,

Craziest life experience you've ever had?

#162443 12/17/11 10:49 AM
Crazy in a bad way: Winter/Spring of 1990. Trying to complete my Senior Thesis in college while couch-surfing. (My old landlords had picked a really perfect time to tell me they needed my room for something else. Jerks.) Also being involved in two really stupid relationships at the same time.

Remind me again: Why does anyone romanticize youth?

:rolleyes:

Salvage artists preserve boisterous methods.

Do you have lights, a tree, and all that jazz at home? Or do you avoid the fuss and just go enjoy it somewhere else?

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#162444 12/17/11 11:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This reminds me, We were supposed to actually get a tree this year! We always spend the actual christmas (usually at my family's) with our families. Not very many days left to go pick up and enjoy a tree!

SAPBM

Best holiday gift you can remember getting or giving ?

#162445 12/17/11 11:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

I only have a laptop at home; got it when I was a college freshman. It's 6 years old now, quite ancient. I need a new one.

You'll have to tell me your secret .... mine having been only living about every two years ... even with a warranty !

#162446 12/17/11 11:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Best holiday gift, hmm... I honestly don't remember. Once I hit my teens, my relatives started just giving me cash. So I guess cash tongue

Originally posted by Power Boy:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
[b]

You'll have to tell me your secret .... mine having been only living about every two years ... even with a warranty ![/b]
It's actually konked out once already. We had to reinstall everything - what a pain! That's why I religiously keep my files backed up.

Several Adorable Pint-sized Bunny Muppets,

Are there any unique or unusual holiday traditions your family celebrates? I don't mean cultural, but something that only your family does.

#162447 12/18/11 09:07 PM
strange but not a stranger
Well, when I was a kid, my mom would make a money cake for my birthday. This was just a regular sheet cake with coins wrapped in wax paper hidden in the cake. Because people knew there was coins in the cake, everyone was careful in eating it.

SAPBM,

What was your favorite candy when you were a kid and how long has it been since you had some?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#162448 12/19/11 03:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
White Rabbit Candy . I don't think I've had any since... since... sometime earlier this year.

SAPBM,

What's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage, and how often do you drink it?

#162449 12/19/11 02:30 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Tea, every morning with breakfast.

SAPBM,

Same question

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#162450 12/19/11 02:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Coffee, every morning before I am fit to be around other people, sadly it's one of my favorite times of day ... having my coffee and catching up on the internet and digital business before facing the world.

HMM, maybe I'll run and get some now.

SAPBM

If you had one year you could go back to in time, in regards to comics being published, which year would you go back to and why ?

#162451 12/19/11 08:12 PM
Probably 1938/39 to snag multiple copies of Action Comics #1 and Dectective comics #27. Track down Seigel, Shuster, Kane, & Finger to have them autograph the comics (although I am sure they will think I am crazy) I'd ten rent a safety deposit box in a bank that I know with physically and financially remain there. Rent the box paid up front for 100 years & put the comics in them. Then when I get back to the present, I could sell most of them for enough money to buy all the back issues of any other comics I want.

SAPBM,

Which Legionnaire would make the best golfer and why?

#162452 12/19/11 08:44 PM
The White Witch. She knows a whole lot about the value of silent contemplation.

Sand And Puddles? Blame Mysa!

What's either the best bit of praise or stupidest piece of criticism you've ever received? (From a partner, sibling, boss, stranger... whatever...)

#162453 12/19/11 09:00 PM
When I worked in the bank, we were impressed on the fact that all checks from insurance companies had to be held. So this one guy comes in with an insurance check. He was depositing some into his checking account and cashing the rest. Not wanting him to overdraw his checking account, I told him that I would have to hold the check. He goes "They don't at the main office!" I replied "Who does that?" Planning to call that person and see if they will ok the check not being held. The guy goes "Some woman with brown hair!" I think "Well THAT narrows it down." Then he says "Give that [check] back to me!" Which I do and he storms out of the bank. 20-30 minutes later he is back. He walks up to my teller window, waves a handful of bills in my face (albeit behind some plexiglass), says "You are a complete idiot!", and turns around and walks out.

For 2 weeks afterwards I would alternate saying to my coworkers "Don't ask me. I'm a coplete idiot." and "Well at least I am complete in something." About 2 weeks later he comes back in and goes to another teller. Also with an insurance check. The other teller recognized him and told him again that the check needed to be held unless someone from the bank OKed it. She was able to find out who at the main office was OKing the checks and didn't hold the check.

SAPBM,

Almost the same question, but this time limited to just the best bit of praise you have ever recieved.

#162454 12/19/11 11:50 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
^ looks like you were vindicated somewhat, Quis. Imagine if that guy had only been a little bit more patient...

We once played a game in one of my clubs: list the top 5 people you'd want to be stranded with on a deserted island. I made it to all but one of the other lists.

I later found out that it was supposed to be a test of trust and liking - of course, you'd pick people you trust and like to join you on such an island.

SAPBM,

If the world were to end one week from now, what things would you want to accomplish before then?

#162455 12/20/11 10:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm going to Brazil immediately, or Buenos Aires or Mexico City.

SAPBM

Same Q:

#162456 12/20/11 03:08 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oddly... not much. I don't think I would make any grandiose trips, or express any last minute gestures to people in my life (positive or negative) that I wouldn't do on any other day. I'm a pretty content dude, mostly.

I think, if anything, I would just stop going to work and spend the rest of my time with my wife and my dog.

SAPBM: What do you think is the most likely scenario for a "world ending" event? Does it take on a religious "final judgement" nature for you... a man-made event like a war... a cosmic accident like a comet hitting... or something else?

#162457 12/20/11 03:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
the most likely would be a slow poisoning, not a grand event. Rises in cancer, leukemia, radiation sickness, etc., all the while the government and perpetrators in collaboration to keep control.

no religion, except that some of the perpetrators may see themselves as chosen to survive and/or to receive the dwindling supplies of med treatments.

SAPBM: same Q.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#162458 12/21/11 07:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
World-ending for humans - not with a bang, but a whimper - I'll go with the slow poisoning/decline - although even then I expect some will survive, we'll just be back in a dark dark age.

World-ending for earth itself - I don't know about anything other than a big asteroid hit to destroy the planet. Unless we're in the way of some galactic highway....

Sorry, Another Possible Barometric Maelstrom:

Your best bad weather story?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#162459 12/21/11 11:47 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
When typhoon Ondoy hit the metro, I was stranded a few blocks away from university.

The lot of us had to hitch a ride on public transport and wade through waist-deep floodwater to get back.

I messaged everyone I knew to see who was in school, and we ended up with 26 people crammed into a small one-bedroom apartment. We made the most of it by prank calling other people and by cooking yummy pasta.

Good times.

SAPBM:

Best pet story.

#162460 12/22/11 08:53 PM
Way back in the 70s my brother was in the Air Force down in North Carolina. A stray puppy wandered on to the base. For some reason (I never knew why) he was going to ship the puppy up to us and we would find her a new home. My father went into the airport and picked her up. She was covered in her own mess. We cleaned her up. Down at the air force base she had 2 names. One was Pooch, which we called her. The other one is not appropriate for a family board such as this one, but the name was technically correct. She was a beaglish mutt.

Anyway, we ended up keeping Pooch. She turned out to be the best watch dog we ever had. If someone was walking down the street, she would be quiet. But the second they stepped into the yard, she would start barking. She would stop when we would come and talk to the person.

And while we had Pooch, we always had 2 dogs. When Pooch was getting on in years, we also had Gretchen, who was an Irish Setter Labrador Retriever mix (She looked like a Golden Retriever). Now the dogs stayed indoor but were limited to just the kitchen. But Gretchen would not stay in the kitchen. She always wanted to be with us. Eventually we gave up trying to make her stay in the kitchen. Pooch saw Gretchen in the carpeted rooms and at first was hesitant to come in herself. At that point, we firgured one dog or two, they both csn come in. But when Pooch would come into the carpeted rooms, Gretchen would grab her by her collar and drag her back out to the kitchen. Gretchen knew that dogs were supposed to stay in the kitchen. Eventually Pooch got to stay in the carpeted rooms.

SAPBM,

Which do you like better the original Star Wars trilogy or the 3 prequel films and why?

#162461 12/22/11 09:29 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
The mental image of Gretchen dragging Pooch into the kitchen is adorable.

I prefer the original 3 because they have a (IMO) better plot. and I'm a sucker for happy endings.

SAPBM,

Favorite holiday of the year?

#162462 06/09/12 10:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanksgiving... giving thanks and stuffing face...

SAPBM,

What have you done recently that made you feel proud?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#162463 06/10/12 09:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Got regularized at work, wrote an article which will get published, and bought my own pair of shoes - first time I used my own money to buy some. And I changed a flat tire all on my own.

SAPBM,

If someone offered you a two-week all-expense paid vacation in the city of your choice, which one would you choose?

Page 13 of 48 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
saturnrings
saturnrings
durham, nc
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star