Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 71 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175221 09/03/04 05:40 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
His name was Rio Pacheco. And you can buy the 1st half of season three now. If you have any questions you can ask Christy Marx. Go to her website and email her, she great in responding.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#175222 09/09/04 05:16 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by KinetixgreenZoe:
It's all about Jem, that was the best show I have ever put my eyes on. It's why I chose the professions I have.
Er. You're a pink haired rock singer? So what's your day job?

#175223 09/09/04 06:25 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I'm officially unemployed or a student if you would, I'm studying to be an actress and an English professor. I am in a band called Holographic Nature featuring John Cotton. It's made up of family, except for John Cotton, who is just playing with us at the moment.

I don't have pink hair but I have put temporary coloring in my hair when I perform, sometimes, and pink has been one of the many colors, mostly pink, green and white.

#175224 09/10/04 12:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Does your band have a website? Do you tour? Coming around NYC anytime?

#175225 09/10/04 12:46 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I'm the most advanced when it comes to the web, and I don't know jack, so no website.

We might start touring in mid-autumn, but a member is still iffy about doing it, were hoping for a yes, it's looking like we will, I know what cities I'm going to, but I should ask which clubs.

I am going to New York, if I tour for 5 days, we are literary going to dicuss a contract with the record label Jetset. If all goes well, then I will have a website.

#175226 09/10/04 01:52 AM
Leader
Leader
Awesome, Vi. Go you!

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#175227 09/10/04 01:56 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
It sounds like fun, but I'm working constantly and I have no time to actually have a break. Remember I'm going to New York and back in 2 and a half months, non stop driving.

#175228 09/14/04 09:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
ANDY S., 32 yrs old
LOS ANGELES (transplanted from a decade in New York, before that I did undergrad at UC Berkeley)
MFA Candidate at UCLA, Theater/Film (writing)

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)

Started reading LSH around the Omega storyline. Became passionately loyal during Levitz/Giffen thru the first couple years of TMK (vastly underrated work, IMO).
Favorite Legionnaires: Karate Kid I & II, Projectra/Sensor Girl, Dream Girl/Dreamer, Chemical King, Invisible Kid I & II, Spider Girl, Color Kid, Night Girl, Shadow Kid, Laurel Kent, Nightwind, Duo Damsel and Tyroc.

(No, I never really understood my particular sensibilities either. I just know I feverishly looked for all their appearances and had a healthy, mostly-consensual fantasy life with some of them -- ahem.)

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.)

I read a lot -- mostly fiction and plays, primarily by ethnic writers.
I also dissect movies with my brother (who works on films and tv series as a cameraman), much to the consternation of anyone accompanying us (so we go by ourselves).
As for music, I listen to musicals (yes i'm gay), house music (ditto yes), r & b (because i like to hear men croon about how much they love me and i relate to the women talking about how he broke their heart), the frustratingly tiny percent of hip hop that's innovative and brilliant (currently that might only be Outkast and Missy Elliot standing), and a scattering of world music i pick up while travelling.

#175229 09/14/04 02:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great to see you here, MYG 235-Andy S! Sounds like we have a lot in common.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#175230 09/14/04 08:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I posted this when I first joined, but ...

CreativityKid

Base of Operations: Pawtucket, RI (home of the Pawtucket Red Sox!)

Legionnaire since: LSH (1st series) #280, part of the "Who is Reflecto?" storyline

Favorite Legionnaires: Invisible Kid I, Bouncing Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Colossal Boy

- the Kid

(Paid for by the "Committee to Elect Creativity Kid Leader.")

#175231 09/19/04 07:43 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Name: Jay
Where you live: Baltimore, MD
What you do: Social Worker

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): I'm actually a recent fan. I was a casual reader of the Baxter series and the old Legionaires book, before Zero Hour took over. I've recently started getting back into the Legion, first picking up some issues of the recent series and buying some trades, including The Great Darkness Saga, which I had heard a lot about. My favorite Legion members are Dream Girl/Dreamer, Saturn Girl, and Dawnstar. Favorite creators include Levitz and Giffen.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.) I'm not a big movie person but do watch my fair share of television. My musical tastes are more along the lines of Top 40/hip hop/R&B. And I have an affinity for trashy novels.

Anything else that you want to share!

I'm a fan of Japanese women's pro wrestling.

#175232 09/21/04 12:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
*I figured it was time for me to finally make good on my promise to do an entry here in the LMB Who's Who!*

Name: Jeff
Where you live: Birmingham, AL
What you do: Throw food at people while dreaming about going back to school for my Masters

The first LSH issue I picked up was the "fill the audience in" issue at the end of the first Reflecto saga. I loved it, mainly because I thought Phantom Girl and Dawnstar's outfits were SO cool, and for the gratuitous shots of naked Superboy, which positively influenced my sexual orientation (though it was pretty hardwired into me by that point.) Later on, I picked up some digest reprints of the Adventure era. and loved them as well. All of which prepared me for Legion and Legionnaires #0, which hooked me. I've been a pretty big LSH fan ever since!

I love the Transformers, and click here to read more about that! I love musical theater, and theater in general. I wish I had the opportunity to play more in musical theater these days. My undergraduate degree is in music (voice) and I'm pretty dang good. Of course, now I'm thinking very seriously about doing a career 180 and going back for a master's in biostatistics, becoming a research scientist, which is pretty wild for someone who once was a professional singer and actor, but things change.

I also love Lee, my partner. He is at the center of my life. He works with software and makes TONS more money than I. I'm still figuring out how to deal with that. smile We have been together for nearly 3 years now, and I hope we will never part ways (at least until we're both in our twilight.)

I love sports, especially college football (to watch) and tennis (to play.) I love video games, and they eat up far too much of my time. If it wasn't for Civ 3, I'd have my first symphony finished by now. smile I'm a composer as well, and my biggest, most secret dream is to stand up and accept the Tony for best score of a musical. I doubt it'll ever happen, but who knows what can happen in the next 50 years! I also love other 80's cartoons besides Transformers (GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man) and cartoons in general. My very favorite movie is probably still The Empire Strikes Back, though the Lord of the Rings trilogy is gaining ground. I also dig more recent indie fare, like American Splendor and such. Lee and I are pretty heavy movie afficianados. Uhm... I love being here on Legion World. And I feel very blessed by the people who have become my friends here. As for the philosophical currents moving my life... let's save that for another thread and just concentrate on the Transformers here!

AUTOBOTS! TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!

OptimusPrime

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#175233 09/21/04 01:11 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Nice to know a bit more about you, Kippers!

You'll be sure to thank Legion World when you accept that Tony, won't you? laugh

#175234 09/21/04 02:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Great to see you here, MYG 235-Andy S! Sounds like we have a lot in common.
After reading up on you, I can safely agree with you. (though that whole monogamous-partner thing is a mystery to me)

#175235 09/21/04 04:37 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Hmm...maybe I should do one of these.

#175236 09/21/04 07:37 PM
Active
Active
name: Thora of Taltar.

home planet: Taltar.

Legion fan since: Adventure Comics # 368.

hobbies: flogging, carving exact replicas of friends and enemies, scheming against cretinous males.

favorite Legionnaires: the female ones.

On MY world, which your robot space-probes contacted only a month ago, a superior MATRIARCHAL system exists! There, women are the stronger, dominant sex!
#175237 09/21/04 07:48 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Wow, Thora posted a Who's Who profile! Way to put forth even more of an effort!

Not only will this win you over some votes, the new gentler you is making a great impression on us LWers.

#175238 09/21/04 10:00 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Brandon
Brooklyn, NY
I work in an office, and I'm finishing up my last few credits of art school (BFA, Fine Arts [Painting]).

Let me just say I love what you guy call the "Archie Legion" derisively. I thought it was good for what it was, and it kept true to the spirit of the book for pretty much it's entire history up to the end of the Magic Wars. Admittedly, it fell off after a while (I guess it started slowly around Dark Circle), and Roger Stern did seem to be slacking off somehow (of course we have high expectations from his earlier work, especially on Action Comics). Anyway I was sad to see it go, especially since we had TWO TITLES!!! Some people just had it out for it from the beginning though.

I first met the Legion as a kid in John Byrne's Superman. I missed the second part in Action Comics, though. I bought every #0 issue that came out, and I knew that Waid was writing Legion at the time, but despite the ravings in WIZARD I didn't pick it up again until the Superboy crossover (I only got the Superboy issue, but later tracked down the Legion books). After that I picked up Legionnaires #36 on the shelf, bought it, and was hooked! Valor, Ultra Boy, and Element Lad became my three favorite male Legionnaires. It's since shifted slightly, I've come to love Gates as you can see. By the Emerald Eye saga it was my favorite book and I could barely make it through the mere two weeks between the two books. I was on LSH-L and the racdl Newsgroup site up until I went to college. BTW, anyone from that list migrate here? Everyone uses codenames now. Is the Legion of Super-Gamblers still in action?

I'll say my favorites are as follows in terms of Eras and creators:

Levitz (until it trailed off)
most of the Reboot
Shooter
Superboy & The LSH
Adventures era (dispite the lack of characterization... they're fun!)
The Legion
SW6 Legionnaires
Legion Lost and Worlds (I liked the M'Onel issue, but the Spark issue was my second least favorite of the postboot, after LL #12.)
TMK
pre-Levitz, pre-300 v.2... especially when Joe Staton and Jim Janes were drawing

Waid is one of my favorite writers, and I fully expect to love the new series. I hope Gates, XS, and Kinetix make it in. I also like Peyer, what's he doing these days. It was his idea to make the 30th Century vegetarian. Waid did the same for Superman in birthright... do you think he'll do it in Legion? It makes sense for the 30th Century in my opinion. While I didn't like the tone of the 5YG stories as much, I have to say that Tom and Mary really know (knew) the Legionnaires' individual personalities. I know Waid will give us lots of characterization. I hope the pacing doesn't suck like it did in the reboot from Mordru on. The pacing and suspense was really working well before that.

Favorite Legion artists (no particular order):

Chris Batista (bring him back for the spin-off/2nd title!)
Jeff Moy
Phil Moy
Lee Moder (his work hit a stride at a certain point)
Mike Grell
Steve Lightle
Adam Hughes
Curt Swan
Keith Giffen (Mahlsteadt inks circa v.3 300's)
Stuart Immonen
Chris Sprouse
Colleen Doran
Alan Davis
Scott Kolins

Incidentally, Gates and I read the same books! Well, that's all for me. Long Live the Legion of Super-Activists!
Anything else that you want to share!

Comradely,
Gates
LLL!
#175239 09/21/04 10:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Oh and I forgot to mention I love FOX's The O.C. because they plugged Legion TWICE!

Comradely,
Gates
LLL!
#175240 09/23/04 08:51 AM
Reservist
Reservist
mE AM HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH, ME NOT TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT ME!

#175241 09/27/04 07:39 PM
Active
Active
Name: Dave
Where I Live: Tyler TX
What I do: Center Manager for largest Home Medical Company in the nation. ( ooh ahh)

Legion Info: Started reading the Legion way back.. Have always loved the concept and can not imagine the comic world with out one. Have always related to Timberwolf, but love all the characters.

Other things: I love to read all types of books. Have really gotten hooked on Peter David's Star Trek New Frontier and Sir Apropos of Nothing series ( he does it all)
I enjoy horror films and really good slap stick..like the Naked Gun movies..

Looking for Earth Prime.
#175242 09/28/04 08:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Dave.

Glad you've decided to post. I swear there's a "Welcome" thread for you somewhere buried under the pages and pages of posts. laugh Things move pretty quick around here, so don't be afraid to jump in and get your feet wet. We're a pretty good bunch one you get to know us!

#175243 09/28/04 10:58 PM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Well, here goes smile

My name's Hollis. I live in Georgia (A suburb of Atlanta, actually). I work at a theatre to pay the bills (and by bills I mean Waffle House and Cigarettes) and fund my college payments. I live in a dream world, and I'm just fine with it. I've been doing creative stuff like comics and cartoons and videogames since I was young. I love being social in crowds, and always loved being the weirdo. I used to go to this old comic store near a fabric shop my mom loved and happened upon a copy of the Legion of Superheroes. I liked them, and the old guy at the shop (I loved that guy. he always smelled like old newsprint and mothballs. The smell of a quality comic shop, in my opinon smile ) gave me a copy of Legionnaires issue one on the house. I was hooked. I loved the art, the characters, _everything_. I started digging, and soon I collected every Legion comic I could find. I loved the dynamic, the setting, the drama, the loss (I was so young, so I was always choked up when I saw a shot of all the Dead Legionnaire statues. I know its stupid, but it's also childhood smile ) and what can I say...been a legion fan since. Other interests...well I love rpg games, be they PbEM, IRC, console, or otherwise. I love the improvisational creativity involved and all that. Movies? Uh, Boondock Saints, Igby Goes Down, and pretty much any Zombie flick cool Music? Uhm, I pretty much live by the Barenaked Ladies, but I love all music, from rap to country. Books? Clockwork Orange, anything by Douglas Adams. Heh, that's pretty much it. Sorry bout the huge post. I'm sure that's more than anyone wanted to know about anyone, heh...

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#175244 09/28/04 11:21 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Loved the huge post, I like to here about my posting buddies.

#175245 10/01/04 05:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Good to have you onboard GL and Stargazer.

Not too sure about you though bIZARRO no1

Hic!
Page 19 of 71 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Reboot
Reboot
The Mainframe
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star