Roll Call
1 members (Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand, Ann Hebistand), 34 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 71 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175396 06/24/05 01:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi there,

I have been a Legion groupie since 1969. I began the long journey when i was about 5 or 6. Although i did not become aware of it until i was much older (say about seventeen) it was Jim Shooter who inspired me to be creative and yearn for the avenues that formed the great expanse of the universe.

He became the very first Legion fan to break out with his take on the Legion during the mid-60's and he was only 15 when he started to pen his very first Legion tale featuring three doomed Legionnaires and one royal survivor who had underwent various creative, emotional and evolutionary changes on her run with the team.

It was not until i was about 22 that i dabbled into the Shooter bandwagon by writing and drawing my own Legion stories....and to this day i kicked myself for not being more assertive with my ideas. I remember a Time Trapper multi-parter where i practically wiped out all of Metropolis by utilising the Gowampi plant-beast (ADVENTURE 326) and used Glorith (ADV 338) as a resurrected Trapper flunky who ultimated met her fate again with a lethal hour-glass. The motivation behind the Trapper's plans was to kidnap the members of the team who had suffered various losses in the past, by pitting them against a rescue team of Legionnaires whom Trapper had transformed into the adversaries the captured feared and hated the most. This convuluted action-fest culminated with the Trapper's chronal headquarters being absorbed by the Infinite Man (S/LSH 233) whom the gathered Legion had summoned from the past.

(insert tongue-in-cheek comment here)I never would have made the grade trying to sell such an "absurd plot-line" but i kept on slogging away until i realised that the Crisis would have retconned my various "hits and misses" to the scrap pile.

No harm in trying, right? Thanks for putting up with me - so far LOL

#175397 06/26/05 04:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Welcome, guys!

C-Boy and Caliente, I'm 17 myself, though I've been a fan of the Legion since the previous series.

BrianT, that sounds really impressive - maybe you'd like to post some of your work in the Bits forum?

#175398 06/26/05 04:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Welcome, guys!

C-Boy and Caliente, I'm 17 myself, though I've been a fan of the Legion since the previous series.

BrianT, that sounds really impressive - maybe you'd like to post some of your work in the Bits forum?
IB, u never know...

#175399 06/27/05 11:42 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Another baby!! Kidding, I kid. Good to know I'm not the only youngin' tho. wink Good to "see" you IB. (Hee, I'm so entertained by your name. ^_^)

#175400 06/28/05 04:43 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Welcome all you people!

IB, not 18 yet?

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#175401 06/28/05 08:29 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
IB, Cali and Viv, don't worry, I can act as the responsible parent of this group! After all, I'm the ripe old age of 23!

#175402 06/28/05 09:07 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Ancient. Good thing you're on our maturity level, huh? wink

#175403 06/28/05 09:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As a Substitute member, i dont know if i have the clearance to say that: i am 40 years of age, and despite having given up reading comics years ago, the Legion (both good and bad) have always had a special place in my heart...

Just call me Sentimental Lad *sniff*

#175404 06/28/05 09:37 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
As a Substitute member, i dont know if i have the clearance to say that: i am 40 years of age, and despite having given up reading comics years ago, the Legion (both good and bad) have always had a special place in my heart...

Just call me Sentimental Lad *sniff*
keep posting and you'll soon stop being a Sub. I'm half way to Time Trapper.

And you are a few posts away from being a Reservist

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175405 06/28/05 06:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks Quis, you're a champ!

I keep trying to think up stuff, but i think my creative lake bed has dried up...

#175406 06/28/05 09:31 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Don't worry, just post anyway.

And welcome you all who I haven't crossed paths with yet.

#175407 06/29/05 04:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Caliente:
Another baby!! Kidding, I kid. Good to know I'm not the only youngin' tho. Good to "see" you IB. (Hee, I'm so entertained by your name. ^_^)
It's great being young, wild and reckless - and you don't have to be under 18 to get away with it. Thanks - I like your name too, how'd you think of it?

Originally posted by High Priestess Viviane:
IB, not 18 yet?
Yup - kind of weird, huh? But I'll be 18 in a few months smile

#175408 06/29/05 04:34 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Another baby!! Kidding, I kid. Good to know I'm not the only youngin' tho. Good to "see" you IB. (Hee, I'm so entertained by your name. ^_^)
It's great being young, wild and reckless - and you don't have to be under 18 to get away with it. Thanks - I like your name too, how'd you think of it?

IB, not 18 yet?
Yup - kind of weird, huh? But I'll be 18 in a few months smile
Then we can have sex, I mean, "make love."

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#175409 07/01/05 09:57 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Thanks!! Ages ago, when I was signing up to be a member at FanFiction.net, I couldn't think of a name that hadn't already been taken, so I went for something in Spanish. Caliente means 'hot' and I am pretty hot stuff, so... wink

Nah, seriously, it sounded cool and I'm from California and junk, so there ya go! Now I use it most places I join just for uniformity, though occassionally I use "hello katzchen" or "queen bee".

*shrugs* That really wasn't as interesting of a story as I'd hoped...

#175410 07/02/05 06:20 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think it's pretty interesting; a lot more interesting than mine, anyway tongue And it does sound cool.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
IB, not 18 yet?

Yup - kind of weird, huh? But I'll be 18 in a few months

Then we can have sex, I mean, "make love."
Oh, yes. Love makes the world go round - and I've been practicing making banana splits too wink I think you'd enjoy those. ;}

#175411 07/05/05 03:38 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Ahem. (Clears throat - looking for posting voice.) Hi all. What a great website here and I just wanna say you guys are the best! I've been lurking here for a little bit and I thought I'd finally join the community.

Name: Mark
Where you live: College Park, MD, home of the Terps and just 8 miles from the Washington Monument.
What you do: Federal Employee pencil pusher.

Legion info: My first legion comic was S&LSH 219 I believe (or maybe 217) featuring the story of Element Lad and his revenge against Roxxas. He immediately became my favorite legionnaire. I stopped collectiing comics in general around '94 (no thanks to the SW6 storyline) and have only recently rediscovered the joy of comics. I am totally digging the latest reboot btw.

Other things you like: All kinds of stuff from sports, summer blockbuster movies, travel and brewing.

Anything else that you want to share! Nah, I'm coy at first, then I dont shut up. I cant give away all the details yet... tease

Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.
#175412 07/06/05 02:13 AM
Leader
Leader
Welcome to all the new 'Worlders! Free passes to the Museum of Legion Arts for everyone:

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000249

#175413 07/06/05 03:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And I thought Thora had scared away all the lurkers!

If you like brewing, Insouciant Lad, you'll want to join the crowd of 3fers at SHAKES.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#175414 07/06/05 04:47 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Thanks very much for the tip F.C. The one thing I really love about LW is that it is home to way more than just people talking about the LSH.

Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.
#175415 07/06/05 05:20 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Feel free to join in whatever strikes your fancy, Insouciant Lad!

#175416 07/10/05 01:06 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Ive been meanig to get around to writing this for awhile....

AKA Joeboy
Nickname: Joey FTB (from the block)
Where do you live? Newcastle, Australia
What do you do? During the week I lead a normal life as a High School Librarian, and on the weekends I work in a nightclub in Sydney

I first started reading the Legion with Legionnaires #1 and have been a pretty faithful fan ever since…there was a period where I stopped reading comics in general but I have recently started reading again, and, despite issues with the coloring, I’m loving the New reboot. Kitsons’ art is phenomenal and Mark Waid can do no wrong in my books.

My Favorite Legion artist will always be Chris Sprouse, However Lee Moder is another favorite.
Artists that I wish would work on Legion are Chris Bachalo, Jim Lee and George Perez (even if only it was a poster ala JLA/Avengers #3)

I know its not many fans favorite but Im a BIG fan of the Giffen Legion…even up to Zero Hour…Although admittedly the Legion on the Run and Brainy as crochetty old man was pretty naff .

The current state of my Legion collection is pretty dismal, as due to events I wont go into, I lost my entire Comic Collection, Minus One box of various issues of various titles…I think in all there would maybe have been 10 or so Legion issues.

Other things I like: Horror Movies, Terry Pratchett novels, Blueberry Donuts, Trance Music, Dance Parties in the middle of nowhere (or “Doofs” as they’re known here) , Brian Froud, Ani Defranco and Edward Gorey.

Theres a book called “1001 movies to see before you die” of which I have seen 946...So I think its safe to say that Im as obsessed a person can be about Movies without being a Film Student.

My top 10 movies are:

1: Donnie Darko
2: Napoleon Dynamite
3: Fargo
4: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
5: Battle Royale
6: the Nightmare before Christmas
7: the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
8: Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetry Man)
9: Human Traffic
10: Blood, the last Vampire

Though it’s a little unhealthy I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of Serial Killers. This doesn’t mean, however, that I aspire to being one myself…

Finally I just wanted to mention what an a massive part of my life the Legion has been. It seems that for every bad thing that has happened in my life there’s been a Legion issue to get me through it. Most recently, the Three boot (is it three boot? It is isn’t it? ) has helped me to finally Kick a Drug addiction that started just after the Suicide of my Twin Brother. I’ve been Drug Free for 2 and a half years now (well that’s only if you don’t count beer and cigarettes lol.) and whenever I get the offer I just say, simply, “Sorry, But Im so sick of it I could scream.”

"Das, was man sich vorstellt, braucht man nie zu verlieren"

Seacrest, out

And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend
#175417 07/11/05 03:32 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Hi, all... just registered here...

My name's Wes, age 35, I'm a cartoonist and longtime (it doesn't feel long, but...) Legion fan.

I started reading Legion in '83, towards the beginning of the first Levitz/Giffen run, and once I read #300, with Swan, Cockrum, Sherman, and the rest, I was really hooked for life.

At the same time, DC was reprinting the early stories in Adventure digest, and I ate those up, too. As dated as those stories seemed in the '80s, there was something about them that no other DC or Marvel book was doing for me. 20+ years later, and those digests are still about an arm's length from where I type this (now along with the Archive editions).

As a side note, I worked for some years as a letterer for Comicraft, and when Mike McAvennie offered us Legion back in '99, I fought like crazy to be given the book. I worked with Mike, and then later with Stephen Wacker from 'Legion of the Damned' (LSH #122), through Legion Lost, Legion Worlds, and The Legion, up until #24 (Lightle issue!).

But the real reason I'm here now, is the newest reboot. I loved the first issue -- it captured so much of what to me was the feeling of the old, old Legion... I mean, it's so different, but somehow it feels so much closer than what we've had in a long time (and even though I loved that stuff, too)...it's hard to describe... "Sense of wonder," comes close, I guess. I worried if they'd be able to keep the book this good, but they have -- it's been great!

And I needed to be able to talk with others about it...

#175418 07/11/05 04:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey KidMarvel and SouthtownKid, great to have two new faces. I've no idea where Newcastle or Southtown are, but hey, I've no idea where Toledo is and I live here. laugh

Oh sorry, you'll have to learn to ignore THAT personality.

Welcome to you both! You both seem to have some skills I could strive to. KidMarvel, some fortitude there buddy! I got a feeling you'll be a Mission Monitor Board Regular and SouthTown I know we'll ALL be looking forward to seeing some of your art over on Bits o' Legionnaire Business!

#175419 07/11/05 05:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi Blockade Boy,

I also am from Australia, from a smaller city called Adelaide. I've been a Legion Worlder for a few weeks, but with so many new faces to introduce yourself to, its understandable how you could miss mine.

I dont intend to ever be forgotten - but in a good way, of course LOL

Brian

#175420 07/11/05 06:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It occurs to me I've never actually introduced myself here how rude. When I found this place I didn't think I'd be posting here quite so much but since I am, here goes.

Name: Peter

Legion Stuff: Started with the new series, love it. Have recently read most of the Adventure and most of the Superboy/LSH issues for the first time. The eighties stuff I have only a vague knowledge of.

Other Interests: I have degrees in biological science and biz admin.

Known in my circle as the king of trivia, I've won a few trivia competitions back in the day but the proviso is the stuff I know can't possibly be useful in any real-life situation. Oh if I use bad corporate jargon a lot, it's because I only recently completed the biz degree and the brainwashing has not worn off yet.

Page 26 of 71 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,115
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star