Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 71 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175546 03/29/06 01:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome Will! Always good to have another long-time fan jump into the fray, especially one who shares my view on Byrne. smile

If you are into fan-fiction, a couple of our regulars have a really great Matter-Eater Lad series going on over in the Bits forum . You'll probably get a kick out of it.

#175547 03/29/06 01:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah! Another Texas and one from Austin. Where in Austin do you get your books Will?

#175548 03/29/06 02:52 PM
Active
Active
LL, thanks for the welcome. I will be sure to check out the fan fic section of the board and thanks for letting me know about it smile .

I wish I could say that I am a longtime reader right now, but actually I am coming back to the Legion, and comics, after a 6-8 year absence, more or less. I totally missed the DnA era of the Legion except for about 2 issues...ditto the last Legion series.

Oh yeah I don't like John Byrne at all...he pretty much ruined comics and the Legion for me and his revamp of...heck, basically DC, was what ultimately drove me away from comics. I got tired of complaining. Evidentally DC was tired of having their old fans complaining...I got tired of being told not to complain, I got tired of being told to take my inferior product and like it. I got tired of being told that new fans are more important than producing a product everyone can enjoy....I always thought the goal was to produce a great comic, not to produce one that you have to be a new fan to enjoy...

So I finally got the message and stopped complaining. I also stopped buying everthing they produced. It seemed to be what they wanted based on the product they were giving me. So no, I really don't like John Byrne at all.

IC brought me back and has resparked my interest...I am hoping DC will fix the Legion this time around. I am hoping they will make it fun again...and so far it has been fun. The Legion is pretty much the only comic I buy regularly.

RT, thanks also for the welcome and it is awesome to meet another Austin Legion fan. Right now I have just kinda gotten back into comics, and am trying to catch up on my Legion back issues, so for the time being I am going to Austin Books and as soon as I get caught up I'll probably be switching to a small store in South Austin(Southside Comics is the name I think) smile .

#175549 03/30/06 04:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Good to have you on board Will.

BTW - 37, that's almost young around these parts....

Don't forget to put yourself on the Legionworld map - see Nightcrawlers post, second bottom of the last page.

Hic!
#175550 04/07/06 10:19 PM
Active
Active
John Byrne is the comics equivalent of the antichrist.

There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!
#175551 04/10/06 11:29 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Hey everyone! I've lurked here for a few months, but finally decided to be proactive and join! Here's my info:

Name: Chip Snyder

Where I live: From Oxford, Mississippi, but I am currently living in Montpellier, France for the semester studying French. I came here last August, then when home for a two month break in December and came back here in mid February. I'll be here til around the middle of June.

What I do: I'm a student enrolled at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), but currently taking classes in Montpellier, France. I'm currently in my Junior year.

Legion info:

I am a pretty late bloomer when it comes to the Legion. I didn't start reading until July of last year. I actually have to thank Wizard Magazine for me trying it out, since they picked it as their book of the month. I was about to drop a title from Marvel, New X-Men: Academy X, because I'd heard of a creative team and cast change for that book. I wanted to try something new and a sci-fi comic like Legion seemed interesting (note: I actually ended up adding New X-Men back to my list in December, after discovering it wasn't as bad as I feared). So I ordered the first 6 issues online and loved them! There were a lot of characters, but I understood everything, and I got really caught up in the plot and really grew to love the team. When I went to Wizard World Chicago the next month, I bought the first Legion Archives HC and a TPB. I even, after much begging and sad looks, convinced my dad to help me buy a copy of Adventure Comics #247 that I saw at the convention. I blew my whole budget on it, but I was really proud to have it. I read the first Archive on the plane back, and when I got home I ordered all the Legion TPBs I saw online. I had to go to France soon after, but brought all my Legion comics with me. When I came home for Christmas, I ordered the second Archives, and loved it too. I ordered the third a few days ago, and my dad is going to bring it to France when he comes to visit me next week. I am still new to a lot of Legion lore, and most people here probably know a lot more than me, but I guess that is a good place to be since I know I have a lot of great stories ahead that I'll get to read for the first time. I'm really looking forward to that.

Favorite Legion Character: I guess I'd have to go with Cosmic Boy. After reading the Legion of Super-Heroes: The Beginning of Tomorrow TPB, he quickly became my favorite character. I like the role he's played in the new series, though he seems a little more arrogant than he used to be in the reboot, but he's still my favorite. Saturn Girl is a close second.

Favorite villian: This is where my inexperience shows, because I have not read many stories with the Legion and their more famous villians. I think the Time Trapper is going to make his first appearance in the next Archives volume that I'll get next week, so I'm looking forward to that since he sounds cool. I'll pick Darkseid. I've read the Great Darkness Saga (which was confusing at first since I had no idea who a lot of those people are, but I understood it by the end, and that Wildfire guy is actually kinda cool) and Darkseid was a major threat in that. I enjoyed it. Lemnos was a good villian too. As was that Imp guy who killed all the Legion in the second Archives volume but Superboy tricked him into saying his name backwards and everything was reversed. I'm not even going to try to spell his name, but I enjoyed that story.

Favorite era: I'll have to say the modern one since I don't know as much about the others and this was how I first met the Legion. Still, I really enjoyed the first TPB from the reboot Legion, and one day I may try to find some backissues of that because it was really interesting, and I liked how they set things up in that series, maybe even better than in the current one. If I'd read more of it, I might have listed it as my favorite.

Thoughts on current series: The first Legion stories I read were in this era, which I think you guys call the threeboot. I'm really enjoying it so far. I haven't read the latest issue, the one where Supergirl joins, because of the time it takes to get to my dad's house and then for him to send it over her with my other comics, but I'm looking forward to it. Kara is probably my favorite female character in comics, I've already read both her Archives volumes and enjoyed them, so her being on my favorite team is great. I enjoyed the whole Lemnos arc. I like that the Legion are becoming an autonomous branch of Earthgov, it should be interesting to see how well that works out for them. I'd say this is one of the best books I get now.

Other comics I like: Fables is probably the best comic I get right now, I've been reading it since the beginning and it just keeps getting better and better. Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, and Runaways are all great too. BKV is my favorite writer right now. I think Negation was one of the best sci-fi comics ever, and I loved Tony Bedard's run on that (because CrossGen went bankrupt the story was never finished). I think Tony would be ideal to replace Waid on Legion when he leaves (which I hope isn't anytime soon). The series that got me into comics was Superboy, and I really miss that book. Superboy (Conner Kent) is my favorite character in all of comics. I haven't read Infinite Crisis 6 yet, but I know what happens, and my dad is going to bring me that issue when he comes.

#175552 04/10/06 11:34 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
EchoChamberChet

#175553 04/10/06 11:37 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Name - Matt
Age - ???
Where you live - England
What you do - student

Legion info - I'm pretty new to Legion, only starting to read with the new series and then going back to check out the older stuff. My favourite character is Cosmic Boy, as you can tell, and I also like Lightning Lad and Shadow Lass.

Other things you like - I love Marvel and DC comics, movies, books, and food. Lots of it. tease

Cosmic Boy...Rokk Krinn...Legionnaire...hero!
#175554 04/10/06 11:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Welcome Cosmic boy fans, Matt and Chip. There's actually a few of us he started with the new series around here. Don't feel intimidated by the old folks tease around here who know all sorts of stuff about planetary chance machines etc.

Jump right in and you'll be talking about the Super Moby Dick of Space SuperMobyDick in no time at all.

(*sigh* Why are they always Cosmic Boy fans.) smack

#175555 04/10/06 11:58 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Welcome guys!

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

(*sigh* Why are they always Cosmic Boy fans.) smack
'Cuz Rokk rocks!!! wink

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#175556 04/10/06 12:00 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I forgot to mention I love The Great Darkness Saga as well - it's my favourite 'old' Legion story.

#175557 04/10/06 12:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Old" Legion story. sigh

Always glad to have another Garth fan on board. Welcome Matt!

#175558 04/10/06 12:22 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Thanks!

#175559 04/10/06 02:23 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
[b](*sigh* Why are they always Cosmic Boy fans.) smack
'Cuz Rokk rocks!!! wink [/b]
Darn skippy!! laugh

Anyway, welcome aboard boys. Great to see newer (than me, at least) members getting involved. ^_^

#175560 04/10/06 06:31 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Name Tim
Age - Old ( older than that even )
Where Iowa

I am an old fan of the LSH and I have been away way to long. I look forward to learning all the things I can about the new stories.

Also what program is everyone using for the animated gifs?

#175561 04/10/06 06:36 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Everyone, young and old, is welcome here on Legion World!

Superboy

#175562 04/10/06 06:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Just jump on in! The water's fine!

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#175563 04/11/06 05:09 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Name: John
Where you live: Boston
What you do: Generally speaking, as little as I can conceivably get away with. When that's not an option, I write. Poorly.

Legion info: I'm really just sort of involved around the margins, hovering on the fringe like some kind of carrion bird. I have enjoyed what I've read of the reboot Legion enormously, and the latest incarnation of the series shows a great deal of promise, in my estimation. However, I am withholding judgment for the time being--at least until somebody tells me what I think. I'm pliable that way.

Hmm. My favorite characters are Brainiac 5 (by a considerable margin) and Chameleon Boy. Also, I miss Gates. Probably for reasons too perverse to bear mentioning. Certainly not on a family-friendly board. And now perhaps I've said too much . . .

Other things you like: Oh, I like all sorts of things. Science fiction, high fantasy, low fantasy, history, philosophy, German opera, the various Ultimate series from Marvel, Calypso music, the JLU, animated sit-coms of various kinds, Shakespeare, RPG's, pecan pie, cocktails, etc. There's more, probably, but I rather doubt anybody really wants to sit through an exhaustive list of the methods by which I dissipate myself beyond all hope of redemption.

However, I should mention the big one, which apparently is being strongarmed into joining sites pertaining to fandoms in which I take an interest by a certain, unrelenting teenaged bully (who shall remain nameless). She knows who she is. Really, I'd have been far more comfortable lurking indefinitely . . .

#175564 04/11/06 05:22 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Y'know, I'm barely teenaged anymore. So close to 20, I can taste it...

At any rate, I'm glad to see you finally posted John!! wink All I can really say after a show like that is:

1. Ew to the Gates fetish. That's going on the List of Things I never Needed to Know, thanks.
2. You don't write poorly, you big baby.
3. I'm surprised you left out your love for villainous characters! Doom wants to know where the love is John. And you know how he gets... wink

Anyway, welcome you big baby. love for you.

#175565 04/11/06 05:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Welcome DM, you'll notice that all of Cali's male friends on this board have green avatars. tease

#175566 04/11/06 05:58 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Yeeeeeeeees. Old age is creeping up on you now, isn't it? Very soon now, you will be ready to join the Forces of Evil. You automatically qualify for membership as soon as all those pesky adolescent ideals are eroded away.

Also:

1. It's not a fetish, exactly. More a predilection.
2. Am NOT a baby! *pouts*
3. Yes . . . we all quail before the awesome power of DOOM. I will make every effort to propitiate him before he launches my apartment building into space. He'll do it, you know.

And Tamper Lad, I'm really less a friend than I am a lackey. A poor, downtrodden, utterly hapless minion. Woe is me. Woe, I say!

#175567 04/11/06 06:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Darwin Monkey:
I'm really less a friend than I am a lackey. A poor, downtrodden, utterly hapless minion. Woe is me. Woe, I say!
So say all the Green Lads of Legion World; So say we all. And I'm quoting Actor Lad there. Just sayin' to avoid the whoopin' wink

Jump right in, all sorts of stuff and interesting people here.

#175568 04/11/06 06:59 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Hey now!! You green boys love me!! Y'know you do...

...hello?

And, yaaaay, John!! You posted again!! w00t~ Even though I wouldn't qualify you as a lackey, per se... minion would work, though. laugh

#175569 04/12/06 06:12 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Wow. It's been quite a while since LW had this many newbies at once. Welcome, all.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#175570 04/15/06 09:25 PM
Active
Active
Hi everybody. Thanks for letting me into this clubhouse.

Name: Nick Vinson
Where you live: Sweeny, Tx
What you do: Youth Pastor (as of May 1st)

Legion info: Started reading Legion with fulltime interest as of THIS new reboot. Waid/Kitson/Wacker talked me into it at the Dallas Wizard World 04. And I'd always been interested in the Legion as a concept. Had actually bought the Blight storyline out of interest, but left comics shortly after. Mostly due to a fulltime night job. No time to buy anything.

Went back and am working on a Post Zero Hour run. Started with Valor actually. I love me M'Onel. As a concept and as a character theres just so much there to love.

Other things you like: Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite movie, and Kurt Vonnegut is currently my favorite writer. I enjoy the works of C.S. Lewis, Philip K. Dick, and Terry Pratchett.

Anything else that you want to share: I really like this comic. Other Comics I read: (monthlies) Godland, Hawkgirl, Fell, Casanova. (Wait on Trades) Invincible, Marvel Team-Up, the last few years of DC's books (Teen Titans, Outsiders, Batbooks, Supes, Wonder Woman, Identity Crisis and tie-ins, Manhunter love , anything else that catches my interest but is outside of my pocket book as a pamphlet). Trust me, my pull list used to be huge. Especially last year when I worked at (a now defunct) comic store.

Oh and Will Eisner is the Cecille B. DeMille of comics.

-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?
Page 32 of 71 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Reboot
Reboot
The Mainframe
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star