Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:51 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:11 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:10 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 71 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175646 08/09/06 06:12 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Kate, welcome to Legion World! cheers

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#175647 08/09/06 06:36 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Welcome to Legion World Kate! Hope to see you around more often in the various forums (there's a Titans one!).

#175648 08/09/06 12:45 PM
Active
Active
Hello Kate. And welcome!

-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?
#175649 08/10/06 05:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey Kate!

Welcome to the gang. You will probably find this hard to believe but we all think your brother is pretty cool!

Do you have any embarrassing stories can you tell us about him to change our minds?

Be lucky
#175650 08/10/06 11:31 PM
Leader
Leader
Welcome Kate! Good to have another fan of Arrested Development aboard.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#175651 08/11/06 07:24 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone smile
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
Hey Kate!

Welcome to the gang. You will probably find this hard to believe but we all think your brother is pretty cool!

Better not let him read that. It'll go to his already overside head ("its as big as Sputnik")
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:

Do you have any embarrassing stories can you tell us about him to change our minds?
I have many many embarrasing stories. Mwoo-ha-ha-haaa! > smile

Illusion, Michael. A “trick” is something a whore does for money... or candy!
#175652 08/15/06 04:29 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Name: Ambassador Angra Metternich

Location Origins: Elia, the Dominion, the Dark Oval. The Dark Oval is host to five dominant species. One of these five is the Dominion.

Favorite Legion Story: TMK Legion #1. When we learn the Dominators have taken over Earth.

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#175653 08/15/06 08:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Uh, hi Ambassador.

By any chance, do you go by any other name?

#175654 08/16/06 07:54 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Welcome, Kate

Would you mind not farting while I'm saving the world--The Doctor
#175655 08/31/06 07:22 PM
Active
Active
What's up Legion Worlders!

I'm Uranus Lad

I live in Portland OR on the planet Earth. I've "lurked" around this site off and on for a couple years now and finally broke down and registered. i discovered the Legion as a young kid in the early 70's during the Mike Grell scantily-clad Legionairres period *sigh*. Aside from a couple periods in the intervening years I've been collecting but have always been a fan. My favorite characters are probably Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad, Chameleon, Ultra Boy, Shadow Lass, Wildfire as well as Bouncing Boy and Matter-Eater Lad (2 highly underated characters who I hope to see back someday) I also liked Tellus and Blok in the interest of seeing more non-humaniod characters something majorly lacking in the current run unless you count crowd scenes.

Anyway, Hi all!

Brad

Is that a moon?
#175656 08/31/06 09:33 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Hi Brad, glad you de-lurked and it's always happy to get another supporter for Bouncing Boy and Matter-Eater Lad.

So you live in Portland OR on the planed Earth? Well, which is it?

The good thing is, there are funnier people than me here. Welcome aboard anyhow.

Matt

#175657 09/01/06 08:38 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Welcome Brad! Always cool to hear a longtime lurker has de-lurked and joined the site!

#175658 09/03/06 06:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey Brad.

Good to see you posting. As you've been "lurking" for a while you'll allready know how friendly everyone hear is.

I hope you're here to stay.

Welcome aboard.

Be lucky
#175659 09/07/06 06:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Welcome Uranus Lad!

#175660 09/15/06 05:32 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Evening Legion Worlders

Name: Iain
Occupation: as little as possible - mostly playing with other people's IT systems
Been hooked on the legion since: 1976. S/LSH 216 was the first comic I ever bought. I still have it...
Favourite characters: I always thought Chameleon was the most fun, although Timber Wolf probably gets my vote.
What took me so long to find this place? NFI. It just suddenly occurred to me that there had to be a message board out there somewhere smile

#175661 09/15/06 07:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Howdy Iain, welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Faithfull
#175662 09/20/06 02:08 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Hello, my name is Opal!

#175663 09/20/06 02:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Opal.

#175664 09/20/06 02:59 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Hello, Disaster Boy! Glorith

#175665 09/20/06 05:44 PM
Active
Active
Hello, Opal...I'm Whordru.

Nice avatar, honey... mad

#175666 09/22/06 07:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Come now girls - play nice.

Or at least sell tickets .....

My money's on Opal backing down gracefully before she gets her ass kicked.

Hic!
#175667 10/12/06 06:35 PM
Leader
Leader
I’ve been here for a little while now, mostly answering / posting trivia questions and voting in Sketch Lad’s games. After reading all sixty pages of this thread, I thought I’d post too.

Name: Ben Mc

Where I live: Perth, Australia, although I grew up in Peekskill, NY (not too far from NYC) and my family still lives there

What you do: I am a full-time volunteer with a Christian missions organization, involved mostly in various aspects of leadership, as well as overseas video production and training.

LEGION BACKGROUND:
Hard to remember precisely, but I think “Brother Hate” (featuring Garth, Ayla, & Brin tracking down Mekt) in a friend’s digest collection was my first exposure. I also somehow acquired the “blood crystals” story featuring a crazed Chameleon Boy. There are various issues of “early” LSH that recall buying sporadically, including the second half of the Kantuu (genie) story, the Dr. Mayavale issue, and especially #280—Superboy is Reflecto. As a result of that, the first arc that I tracked down and bought particularly is the much-despised Reflecto / Grimbor chains the earth storyline. After a gap, I then started buying regularly with #295, where at first I didn’t like Giffen’s style. Quickly grew on me.

My collection now includes all the Archives but 9 & 11 (some day), sporadic issues of Adventure, Superboy & the Legion, and then it’s pretty complete from the first “LSH” ongoing until today. I’ve liked a lot of it, but Levitz is my favourite, but didn’t mind 5YG (except for Garth/Proty & Legion on the Run), and loved early Reboot (first year, particularly) and early DnA (loved Legion Lost).

Current run is hit and miss with me. I like characterization and individual issues, but find the development of the whole series to be a bit frustrating. At this point, the characters don’t feel sustainable to me, as if whoever follows Waid will just have to start all over again.

OPINIONS ON CREATORS: Loved Waid’s involvement on the Reboot, more so than now. Love Levitz, early Giffen, Sherman, Shooter, Swan, early DnA, Batista, Coipel, Kitson, Lightle, Immomen. Like Moder, later Giffen, Tom & Mary, etc. Really didn’t like Scott Kolins, which is funny because I later loved him on Flash.

FAVOURITE LEGIONAIRRES: My top choice has always been Garth Ranzz (I hated the Proty-boot—how do other Garth fans feel about that?) I also liked Lyle (but not the current version), Tinya, lots of others, depending on the creator’s take. My favorite female character would hands-down be Imra, especially when she’s shown to be super-tough, as in Legion of the Damned and the Universo Project.

FAVOURITE STORIES: Great Darkness, Universo Project, Legion Chain Gang two parter, original Mordru story, Legion Lost, Widening Rifts, Legion of the Damned, Who is Sensor Girl / Emerald Empress’ Fatal Five, LSV war, LSH #300, LSH Annual #1 (return of Computo)

OTHER COMICS:
In spite of enjoying the X-Men when I was younger, I made the decision at some point to follow DC semi-exclusively just to be able to focus my money. I used to buy Superman a lot and have a pretty thorough collection for the first 10 or so post-crisis years. Suicide Squad and LEGION were old favourites as well. These days, since I went into missions, I get a lot less, but currently buying Green Lantern and Justice, as well as the Legion. Also giving Superman a try now since it’s less titles than before. Used to buy Flash before Wally disappeared over the case of a page or two of Infinite Crisis.

Spending a lot more birthday money, etc. on collections and trade paperbacks, and in that format have enjoyed Astro City, Tom Strong, Amazing Spider-Man (masterworks), Superman Showcases, and others.

OTHER INTERESTS:
Books: Not reading as much as I used to, but I like Jane Austen, GK Chesterton, CS Lewis, and Dorothy Sayers (Peter Wimsey mysteries). Enjoy Agatha Christie now and again.

Movies: Lots! Singin’ in the Rain is my favorite, probably. Also Some Like It Hot, Dark City, LA Confidential, Fargo, Star Trek II, In the Heat of the Night, Jesus Christ Superstar, and my recent discovery (on an airplane), the Japanese film “Summer Time Machine Blues”.

TV: Too much, including Star Trek, Lost, Doctor Who, MASH, Taxi, and others.

I also enjoy writing and playing “How to Host a Murder Mystery” games.

I’ve been making films, videos, & audio dramas for the fun of it since I was eleven.

OTHER FUN FACTS: If you count a “visit” as being someplace overnight, leaving the airport, and eating a meal, than I’ve been to twenty-eight countries.

MY SCREEN NAME comes from a joke in college. “XBen” has the mutant ability to teleport a grain of sand into someone’s eye. So here comes Magneto, then Zam! He’s caught off guard by a grain of sand in his eye, and XBen clops him on the head with a bowling pin.

QUESTION: How does the “membership status” thing work here? Is it just something you pick for yourself? Or is there some sort of system?

#175668 10/12/06 09:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey XBen, welcome.

"Membership status?"

Do we have status? Great! Now I can order the shrimp cocktail.

Not sure what you mean by membership status. I notice that you haven't yet selected an avatar, is that what you mean? For that, click "profile" above, then preferences. Dropdown that page a bit until you find "avatar" or if you have an image already you'd like turned into an avatar, Gary (Nightcrawler) I believe is the one to call out for that.

If by "membership status" you mean like "active," "applicant," and all that, you changed that by following MLLASH around and everytime he posts, you posts. Remember, quality counts.

Which organization you with (if you don't mind)? I once got flown around by MAF and Wicklif while over in that part of the world (Papua). Great organizaitons. Brave people.

I'll look forward to your postings. Take care.

#175669 10/12/06 09:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
You can select your membership status by going to your profile and clicking on "edit profile". Otherwise, it is automatically assigned according to the number of posts you have.

#175670 10/13/06 09:55 AM
Leader
Leader
But mine never changed, at least not next to the messages myself. I've just changed it, according to the levels I saw in the faq section. Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

By the way, Blockade Boy, I'm with Youth With A Mission (YWAM).

Page 36 of 71 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,123
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star