Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 40 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:11 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:10 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 71 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175821 04/05/08 11:25 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Eryk Dumaka Ester:
Jeepers! A Magno fan? Now I've seen everything! wink

Welcome EBC!
Indeed. Anyone willing to step up to the plate as a Magno fan should fit in nicely here.

Magno

Welcome aboard EBC!

Dreaming Celestial - I finally bailed out on Waid/Kitson, but Shooter and Manapul have drawn me back in. Everytime I think I've read my last Legion story, something draws me back.

#175822 04/19/08 03:24 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster here! I figured all the good usernames were taken, so I used the one I go by on ff.net, which is also my real name. (Maybe I'm just not that creative.)
I became a Legion fan thanks to the animated series (I'll miss it! *sniff!*), but I've picked up the regular title and I'm getting into it. Now the trade paperback hunt begins!
Nice to meet you all, and I hope I can be a useful member of the team, so to speak. smile

By the way, my sig is from my first posted fic on ff.net, which is here , if you're interested.

Then again, didn’t the comic-book store open early on weekends?
Bart dashed off in a hurry.
Within seconds he was back. Not that early, I guess.
#175823 04/20/08 03:07 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Welcome Eileen! Glad to see a longtime lurker join in! Seems like you're off to a good start with the regular title and TPB's. Definitely jump right into all the forums!

#175824 04/20/08 03:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Welcome, Eileen!

#175825 04/20/08 08:50 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
"Come on, Eileen!" smile Make sure you de-lurk...a LOT!!!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#175826 04/21/08 03:02 PM
Submission Editor at Source Point Press
Submission Editor at Source Point Press
Greetings Eileen. I've found it best to just say what you mean.

Then they walk away, hating me. But that's bound to happen.

#175827 05/26/08 11:02 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I'm late in this thread (like everything, since I joined last week), so here goes:

Name Jeffrey
Age 41
Where you live Montreal, Canada
What you do I'm a computer software support guy, and a freelance writer, with credits in the RPG field. I'm also a freelance publisfer/editor and letterhacker.

Legion info I started to read comics when I was 14, but only started with the Legion after 18. I'm a fan of Giffen's Great Darkness saga and the 2boot's 20th century stint. My favorite characters: Phantom Girl (the original), Quislet, Ferro from the 2boot.

Other things you like I'm a fan of science fiction literature and media, so there's a good chance that if you mention a book or TV show/film in that field I've seen or read it. I also enjoy watching the NBA and professional wrestling (they wear their underwear on the outside too!).

If I shared everything I'm into you might end up believing I'm a phony, so I won't.

The Original Universe, a fanzine about comics.

More information at http://fanselfpub.wetpaint.com
#175828 06/24/08 01:46 AM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Uhm, Hello.

I'm back, which isn't really news I think.

...but it's good to be back! smile

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#175829 06/27/08 12:02 PM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
Uhm, Hello.

I'm back, which isn't really news I think.

...but it's good to be back! smile
And it is good to have you back (in our clutches wink )

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175830 07/03/08 12:52 PM
Good to be here! (though your clutches are sweaty, and could use a dash of sanitizer laugh )

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#175831 07/13/08 11:38 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Should probably have a quick bio here...

I'm late in this thread (like everything, since I joined last week), so here goes:

Name: Justin
Where you live Metro Vancouver, Canada
What you do Still a student. Design graphics and have a snazzy YouTube page. Meh.

Legion info Unfortunately, I was born after TMK had started to leash the Legion into a dark and scary path... so I got hooked into Reboot. I'm hooked with the continuities and whatnot. Reboot Brainy and Threeboot Cos are my faves. One has a dynamic personality and one doesn't, but that's what I love.

Other things you like Philosophy. Political ethics. Too real-world? I'm a loyal Young Justice fan (hoping that generation wouldn't end up in DiDio's genocide).

"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.
#175832 07/25/08 02:32 AM
Active
Active
Name adriana
Where you live: seattle
What you do: character design

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): brainiac 5, saturn girl, dream girl, lyle pretty much all types/versions are cute to me. waid, bedard, legion lost era DnA. coipel and manapul art is my fave.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): drawing. batman. brainiac (evil 1), mafia things, clones, podcasts

Anything else that you want to share! - i havea podcast where me and my partner in crime summarize super old legion stuff.

i curse a lot. every post i make has a rough draft that's 90% cursing.

#175833 08/01/08 05:02 AM
A
Honorary
Honorary
A
Name: Chad
Where you live: Rochester, NY
What you do: Library drone

I've been reading since..errrr...1979? 1980? The Levitz-Giffen Legion is "my" Legion. Every retcon and reboot takes a little bit more fo my soul away, but I keep buying and reading because there's still a part of me that wants there to be a large team of futuristic superheroes with flight rings saving the day. I have a goofy love of Comet Queen.

I come to Legion World after being in a contest with Sketch Lad on CBR and watching Jokester on Deviant Art. I dabble in drawing and will most likely post some artwork here eventually.

Legion and X-men are the comic books I've read msot consistently over the last 30 years (fuck a duck, I'm OLD) but my favoritest comic of all time is Love and Rockets.

Ummm...I think that's it...for now.....

#175834 08/01/08 07:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You're not old. We got old here and you're not it.

Welcome AU (<== Gold reference)

Some of us are more old than clever, sorry bout that.

I think we have a member from Rochchester... or Albany. Somewhere in NY not NYC. Lived in Syracuse for awhile myself. Beautiful state.

Anyhow, from your post I take it you'll be posting on the "Bits" forum. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

#175835 08/02/08 04:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hi, there, Legion-worlders.

Exnihil, here: a long-time DCMB Legion poster who is about to defect and take up residence here due to erratic board moderation over there.

So, by way of introduction:

Name: Thomas
Where you live: Suburban PA, but usually travelling
What you do: IT trainer/consultant

Legion info:

- Favorite characters: Ultra Boy is certainly # 1, along with other faves Mon-el, Brainy, Cham, and Saturn Girl.

- Favorite creators: For writing- Levitz, TMK, and the 3rd coming of Shooter. For art - I favor Cockrum, Grell, Sherman, and, when the mood is right, Jason Pearson or Oliver Coipel.

- Favorite stories: Earthwar, The Universo Project, Terra Mosaic

- When you started reading: 12 years old, "inherited" five long boxes of classic Silver Age stuff. First Legion story I read was the second part of the Sun-Eater story (Death of Ferro Lad) and I was hooked!

- Other things you like: I love travel, and enjoy hiking, biking, cinema, and reading (though time to do any of them seems to be an ever-diminishing commodity).

Looking forward to getting to know some new folks here. See you about.

#175836 08/02/08 08:17 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome to Legion World guys!

Exnihil: You'll find some current and many former DCMB posters here. I still pop over there on occasion but rarely post any longer. You'll find it's much more pleasant here (at least I hope you will.)

AU: 38 isn't old around here. I'm 5 months from 50 and I don't think I'm the oldest poster here. 'course I could be, the rest might have died off from old age by now! wink

Adriana: I keep meaning to check out your podcasts but keep forgetting. I promise I will one of these days.

PenaltyKillah: Young Justice! Yay! There are some other fans around here as well. Be sure to check out the Titans forum here as well.

Have a great time everyone! smile

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#175837 08/02/08 11:40 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I've been on here for three years and thought I did this already,but I guess I was wrong since I can't find it on here.

Name: Tim
Where you live: Ky, though I did live in Illinois for twelve years
What you do: Material Handler at a major automotive company

Legion info:

- Favorite characters: Timber Wolf,Wildfire,Karate Kid,and all the Pre-Crisis characters in Dave Cockrum costumes please,and even Superboy I didn't know how much he meant to the Legion until he was gone.

- Favorite creators: Dave Cockrum,Jim Shooter,Paul Levitz,Steve Lightle,Mike Grell, Cary Bates and now Geoff Johns and George Perez.

- Favorite stories: Most of Jim Shooter's Adventure run, One Shot Hero,Dead Hero Live Executioner,The Betrayer From Beyond,Future Shock For Superboy,The Infinite Man who Conquered The Legion,Monster In A Little Girl's Mind,The Great Darkness Saga to name a few.

- When you started reading:
I started when I was 7 years old in 1974,when a cousin gave me a stack of Superboy comics that included the Bates/Cockrum Legion,one look at Dave's art and I was hooked,but getting comics was hard to do in rural Kentucky,luckily we moved to Illinois when I was eleven in 1978 and they had comics everywhere old and new,I filled in my Legion collection and I expanded my collecting to all team books,but the Legion will always be my first and favorite.

- Other things you like: My family,College Basketball(Go Cats),Classic Rock 'N' Roll,Sci-Fi,History and I guess Comics since I have
anywhere between 12,000 to 15,000 especially Team Books.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#175838 08/26/08 10:53 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Been here a while and realized I'd not done this yet..so..Now it shall be done.

Name: Acid Digestion Lad ( but i've taken a liking to ADL when someone's running out of time)
Where you live: I'd like to say Bismoll or ya know someplace cool, but nope Los Angeles.
What you do: Photoshoper, occasional freelance stuff, Musician, Comic Book Junkie

Legion info: favorite characters: Hmmmm. Matter Eater Lad, Starboy, Ultra Boy, Mon-El (or whatever name Lar has). Ferro, Andromeda, Karate Kid, Triad/Duo Damsel, XS, Superboy, Apparition..and so on and so on.. Oh lets just say I love the legion and leave it at that.

creators: Hmmmmm. the DnA team, Shooter to a point, Waid and Kitson, Cockrum , Levitz-Giffen team, the Giffer-baums. Again just about all of them.

stories: Hmm, while I rarely have any idislike here are some alltime faves. "End of an Era" and it's preceeding zero hour stuff. "Dark circle" ala the reboot legion. the whole " Life and death and the end of time" Oh ya know what, anything by paul levitz and those guys to be honest.

eras: Mostly all, partial to the adventure legion and their growing up to paul levit'z runs. The Giffer-baum 5YG legion as well as the SW6-ers. Extreme love for the Reboot\DnA team. Oh and also Johns' "Action" Legion.

when you started reading: Comics? About when I could first read. Legion? I honestly do'nt remember but some time around my getting into high school. Although I started with the old Superboy and the legion stuff, and the Adventure stuff.

Other things you like: Reading, Writing, Cooking.

That's all she wrote folks, I'd add more but it's giving me an appetite , and you don't want to give me an appetite..Lates amigo's I'm off to cook. cool

#175839 10/18/08 02:31 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Name: Jesse Vallon
Where you live: Gold Coast, Australia
What you do: I'm just a story writer

Legion info: Fav character is obviously Mon-El but the name was taken so I used Valour and I also like Brainiac 5

Other things you like: Ancient History, Story/Poetry writing, Anime/Manga

#175840 10/18/08 04:50 AM
Welcome to Legion World Valour. We do have a few Mon-el fans here. We also have a few of your fellow Aussies here too.

#175841 11/01/08 12:19 PM
S
Active
Active
S
Name: Lee

Where you live: Dorset, England

What you do: Housing Systems and Nominations Officer

Legion info:
Started reading my brothers collection in the late Seventies, first issue I remember buying was #276 Lord Romdurs Castle and have been hooked ever since.

My favourite era was the early 5YL when Keith Giffen was still on board and my least favourite was the period following this until DnA took over.

Favourite character is Infectious Lass as she is just so much and potentially the most powerful of all the Legionnaires and least favourite is Dawnstar.

Other things you like:

When not working or reading comics I can usually be found at the cinema, reading, taking long romantic walks and filling out message board questionnaires that sound like online dating forms. smile

#175842 11/01/08 12:23 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Welcome stuorstew! You'll find quite a few Infectious Lass fans around here!

#175843 11/01/08 12:25 PM
Welcome stuorstew,

I'll see if we have a long romantic walk thread for you. wink

#175844 11/09/08 01:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi, new member, frequent vsitor.

Name: Jude Deluca (Pen Name)
Home: Bronx, NY
Occupation: High School Graduate and hopefully getting into Hunter College next fall.

Legion Info: Really got into it after reading the Lightning Saga. Enjoy all runs, but don't really know a lot about when they had Pocket Superboy.

Fav Characters: Sensor Girl, Timber Wolf, Computo, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Night Girl, Rainbow Girl, Ivy, Kent Shakespeare, Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Starman, Dawnstar, Dragonmage, Catspaw, Gemini, and Kinetix.

I'm happy with both Legion costumes, old ones and the ones in Lo3W, except that disturbing half-naked Cosmic Boy.

Other Info: Enjoys writing and reading stuff other than comics and manga, hopes to become a writer, I'll read anything written by Grant Morrison, I can make sense out of Final Crisis, and I've been an anime fan since I was seven.

#175845 12/03/08 01:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
welcome, Sarky!

I lived in the Bronx for about a half-year or so back in the 90s.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
Page 43 of 71 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,118
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star