Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:51 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:11 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/05/24 01:10 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 71 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175871 02/09/09 08:07 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Welcome, rocket cat. (I'm a recent arrival and they still let me sit on the good sofa right away. I'll clear a space for you.)

laugh

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#175872 02/09/09 11:28 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Hi Rocket Cat! The New Frontier is a wonderful re=introduction to comics. The Geoff John's Legion is the original Legion, aged somewhat, but opinions differ as to just where they split off from the original continuity.

And if you can't think of much else to say, just make up something outrageous. smile
It is wonderful! It's one of my absolute favorite stories ever, and I often go back to look at it.

Something else else outrageous you say? I'll keep that in mind. ;p

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Like a limerick. wink
See...now when you say *that*, I think of things that one probably shouldn't be posting all over a message board...cause those are the only kind of limericks I know. tongue

Originally posted by Stealth:
Welcome to Legion World, Jen. You'll find a lot more women here than at most comics boards. There's myself, Cleome, Fat Cramer, Veryvery, Stephbarton, Kidflash2fan, Caliente, Harbinger, Arachne, Saturn Girl...

I, too, returned to comics in the mid-00s. Green Lantern: Rebirth had the same effect on me that New Frontier had on you. I look back fondly at that time, I call it "Fangirl: Rebirth."

And I think it's cool that you use an Ed Wood quote as your signature.
Heh, well that's good to know.

Yesss...GL:Rebirth was one of the many trades quickly consumed by me after New Frontier. lol

Thanks, it's one of my favorite quotes. It's from the opening lines of 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' if I'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by cleome:
Welcome, rocket cat. (I'm a recent arrival and they still let me sit on the good sofa right away. I'll clear a space for you.)
Ahahaha, thanks. Good sofa eh? Is there a bad sofa too? Want to avoid it if I can... tongue

Such warm welcomes here! I'll do my best to post often, still a little overwhelmed with learning what's what with all the Leigons. smile

"We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.
#175873 02/10/09 12:07 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by cleome:

laugh
Actually, here on Legion World, we spell it "sopha", but that's a story for another day. wink

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#175874 02/10/09 06:58 PM
(snip)

rocket cat:
Is there a bad sofa too? Want to avoid it if I can... [Razz]
It's the grubby tan one with the nasty-looking exposed spring in the middle. Usually I pile a bunch of throw pillows over it and get the shortest person in the lounge to sit there. tongue

(snip)

Rocky:
we spell it "sopha", but that's a story for another day.

Exposition yesterday, exposition tomorrow, but never exposition today !! [sulk]

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#175875 02/10/09 07:25 PM
strange but not a stranger
Sigh!

The "sopha" spelling comes from this post I made on page 16 of the Victorian Flirting Thread:

Hey I am reading a book on Victorian London and the author presented an amalgamation of advice offered to Victorian ladies at the time. I thought of this thread when I read them and am now going to share some with you.

Never be in the company of an unmarried man alone, unless considerations such as the imminence of an acceptable proposal of marriage outweigh the normal rule.

If about to faint with emotion, make sure there is a convenient sopha on which to subside. Not all gentlemen can be relied upon to catch a falling female in time.

When at the opera, assume an expression of transported delight, and ignore any tendancy of the gentlemen in your party to spend time surveying the other ladies in the house through their opera glasses.

If a dubious joke is made in your hearing you have a choice. Either you may show your disapproval, by a frigid glare - but this shows that you understood the double-entendre; or you may take the easier course and ignore it, so demonstrating your pure innocence.

When other peoples' children are presented to you, express delight and admiration, no matter how unprepossessing the infant. Resist any temptation to call attention to their running noses, wet pantaloons, or digital nasal explorations. One can only hope that all these matters will be taken care of by some third party such as the nursemaid. ... Meanwhile try your utmost to avoid physical contact with them, combining an adroit management of your skirt with uninterrupted paeans of praise. Much the same applies to other peoples' pets, with obvious amendments.

You must never be seen in an inelegant posture. Blowing out a candle is decidedly inelegant, If there is no handy extinguisher; let someone else distend their cheeks.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175876 02/15/09 11:51 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Hi everybody!

#175877 02/16/09 09:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi, Pep! Welcome! Make yourself at home!

(and Rocket Cat, my belated welcome to you, too!)

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#175878 03/11/09 06:30 PM
Active
Active
Belated welcome to Rocket Cat...
Thanks for the laugh Quis...

And a very huge welcome to My New Pep Pep (ok, I want to know where that name came from)

Long Live the Legion!
#175879 03/12/09 04:38 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just getting caught up...

Welcome to LW Rocket Cat & Pep Pep. Make yourself at home and just have fun. You'll quickly discover what a wonderful online community this truly is, full of funny, caring, lovable people. Glad you found your way here.

Vee

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#175880 03/13/09 12:19 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Stealth:
Originally posted by rocket cat:
[b] Name: Jennifer, but usually just Jen
Where you live: Texas, USA
What you do: College Student, Library Clerk

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): My love for comic books has been an on-off affair since junior high, and I got hooked on them again in 2006 (picked up DC: The New Frontier at work one day...and well...haha) and I think this is the most into them I've ever been.

Anyhow, the Legion has always fascinated me with it's huge cast and rich history. I'm not well versed in a lot of it, but with the recent Legion activity in the DC universe my interest in it has picked up greatly. smile

My favorite Legions would have to be the one currently appearing in Geoff John's recent works (the original Legion? or some incarnation of it?) and the post Zero Hour Legion.

Well...I can't think of much else to say, I'm not very good at these things. tongue
Welcome to Legion World, Jen. You'll find a lot more women here than at most comics boards. There's myself, Cleome, Fat Cramer, Veryvery, Stephbarton, Kidflash2fan, Caliente, Harbinger, Arachne, Saturn Girl...

I, too, returned to comics in the mid-00s. Green Lantern: Rebirth had the same effect on me that New Frontier had on you. I look back fondly at that time, I call it "Fangirl: Rebirth."

And I think it's cool that you use an Ed Wood quote as your signature.[/b]
Fangirls rule!

#175881 04/08/09 07:49 PM
J
Applicant
Applicant
J
Name: Jefferson
Where you live: Brooklyn NYC
What you do: Teacher

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.):

I have been reading comics 5 and I always will.

The LSH was reaching its zenith right through my childhood so it was a perfect mesh. I bought the Levitz-Giffen legion right off the shelves.

My favorite Legions- Levitz/Giffen Legion is the definitive one for me.

#175882 04/08/09 07:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
welcome, Jefferson! Glad to see you diving in with new topics on the other board.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#175883 05/14/09 12:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hi! It's me! I'm new(ish)!

#175884 05/20/09 03:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Welcome to LW, BCoK!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#175885 05/27/09 03:30 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Seeing as how it has been almost three years since I last posted anything I guess I should re-introduce myself.
I am Jim, longtime Legion fan, parlor magician, rugby player and past president of the Klordny APA (first successor to Rex Joyner). Good to see y'all again.

Would you mind not farting while I'm saving the world--The Doctor
#175886 05/27/09 03:43 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Welcome back, Rev.

I, too, was a member of Klordny, for all of about two months back in 1982 or so. (Making copies and mailing them was just too expensive on a college student's budget!) But I remember the APA fondly.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#175887 06/28/09 03:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's a Klordny reunion! I'm currently a member and Kent Shakespeare is our President. Welcome to Legion World, Jim, and pull some coins out of our ears!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#175888 07/01/09 11:13 AM
I love that there are still APAs. Partly because I used to be in one. Also partly because their existence is probably an affront to all those snot-nosed kids nowadays who can't imagine how anything Not On The Internet can actually exist.

laugh

#175889 09/01/09 07:46 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah I just joined up with Klordny a few months back, its pretty awesome!

#175890 10/04/09 10:44 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I expect my views vis a vis literature, music, cinema, culture, and politics will be revealed anon, post by post.

As for "credentials": hard core comic book junkie and Legion fan since 1968, with an insane fixation on Brainiac 5 and Supergirl and beautiful blond babies.

#175891 10/05/09 02:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Welcome Lethargy Lad! Don't be too lethargic about posting though. Plenty of Brainy and Brainy-Kara lovers here.

You're probably the first person to list Lew Rockwell as your home page, although some of us read the articles there.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#175892 10/05/09 04:54 AM
Welcome LL (Hmm are you a friend of Superboy???? wink )

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175893 10/06/09 04:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't know if I introduced myself here and forgot it during a 'senior moment'.
I FEEL like a senior even though I'm only 58, almost 59.
Like Indiana, I think it's not the years that count but the milage.
sigh

I was a member of the LMBP way bace before the 'new' DC boards and was one of the first members of the club(s) on Yahoo.
I went by the Shady part of my full handle, Shadowplay in Candlelight, then, in honor of being called 'Shady' by the LMBPers (and because Tasmia Mallor is my favorite LSH character.)

Now, I use the Candlelight, part.
My real name is Candace, which means Candlelight, ergo. . .

My computer went down, my life got complicated and here I am again and have been for awhile now, although I can't remember how long.
sigh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#175894 10/06/09 05:30 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Candle:
I went by the Shady part of my full handle, Shadowplay in Candlelight, then, in honor of being called 'Shady' by the LMBPers (and because Tasmia Mallor is my favorite LSH character.)

Now, I use the Candlelight, part.
My real name is Candace, which means Candlelight, ergo. . .
Every time I saw that Shadowplay in Candlelight moniker, I thought that you should be called Chiaroscuro.

But that reminded me of Charo, and the mystique evaporated. Bad luck, that. smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#175895 10/07/09 12:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Welcome LL (Hmm are you a friend of Superboy???? wink )
Gosh yes! Isn't he swell?
Actually, you know, I probably shouldn't say this, but Pete Ross told me about a camping trip he took once and...

aah...

Maybe I should just let that rest.

Page 45 of 71 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,123
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star