Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 71 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#175896 10/10/09 10:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Candle, I did not know you were Shady. Good to see you back, even though we've been speaking on another thread.

For the newbies, and because I as well am now past forty and do not remember if i have lit up this thread:

Rickshaw1: Real Name...Rick Bennett
Occupation: Many and varied. In times past I have been a timber buyer, a pre-stress concrete worker, a Trucking company Dispatch/Manager, a construction manager for Palm Harbor Homes, a county Home Inpector, a private home inspector in business for myself, a driver for Fed Ex

Education: Financial degree from Francis Marion University in Florence, SC. I currently live 24 miles south of there in Lake City, SC.

Legion fan: since there was a bomb inside a planet and Ultra Boy thought PG was killed by it. The green lizard guys sucked, I thought. Why would the waste a perfectly good big boobed teenaged pigtailed brunette. Then I saw shrinking violet from the same era and thought...Okay, fair enough. then I saw Princess Projectra and said to myself...She looks just like Seka. then I turned eight.

Hobbies and Interests: Baseball, Carolina Panthers and South Carolina Gamecocks football. Scuba diving, which I hope to do again one day. Carpentry, Reading anything and everything that catches and holds my attention, a small nursery that I am trying to start from the ground up with zero money, do it yourself stuff like plumbing, electrical, auto...basically, anything I can do with my hands. Online....well, I watch a few tv shows here and there (the late, lamented scrubs, ditto Dharma and Greg, Big Bang theory, Rules of Engagement, Castle, Bones) as well as bombing around the DCU boards as well as these, natch. Here, my main haunt is the Anywhere forum and Dr. Gymll's. And I am the official Resident Cranky Poster. DO NOT CHALLENGE MY SUPERIOR CRANKY-NESS OR I SHALL SMITE THEE WITH THE HAMMER OF ...SOMEONE REALLY CRANKY!

I learned computer on DOS, so don't expect me to know any bells and whistles...i still use a cell phone to make calls and take calls. lame, I know.

And, I now estimate my comics collection to number around 15,000. But the speed of growth is slowing considerably of late.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#175897 12/24/09 02:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I guess it's good to redo ourselves here, rather than expect newbies to reread 76 pages and pick out who is current from the masses.

I'm Sean. I'm an American in Canada, a grad student in History, age 41. I've done everything from restaurant work to small-town journalism, art/antique restoration to landscaping, and even worked in a CBS for a half-decade in the mid-90s.

I've been a Legion fan since around 1978, dropped it in 1989, followed it sporadically during the 90s, but came back full-time with the DnA run 7 years ago this spring. Joined LW 6 years go.

I'm not TV person and see only about 1/3 of the movies I intend to. I only follow a few comics these days, and am more inclined towards Vertigo than super-heroes. I mourn the great black-and-white indy-comics scene of the 90s, and aspire to one day get around to an online GN I've been brainstorming.

My biggest creative accomplishment thus far is Legion of Camelot, a fanfic interweaving LSH and Arthurian lore, which in my Microsoft Word version numbers more than 600 pages in length (and I'm not even halfway). I also draw, but with less speed than a can write.

I'm a post-whore like the best of em, but my grad school workload has been limiting my participation here of late.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#175898 12/25/09 09:47 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I'm Raquel, your friendly neighborhood madwoman -- but only on the internet. When I'm off the internet, I'm just a regular girl, but the internet brings out a whole other side to me.

I am a major pop culture geek, especially when it comes to pop music, comic books, and 80s TV cartoons (how I miss the lavish production values, melodramatic voice acting, and larger-than-life music of those cartoons.)

I am bisexual, and I favor women, and it's great that Legion World is so tolerant of alternative lifestyles.

I was raised on funny animal comics, didn't get into superheroes until my late teens. My favorite Legion era by far is the Paul Levitz/Greg LaRocque one, but my favorite of anything to do with the Legion is the middle issues of the original L.E.G.I.O.N. run.

Currently, the only comics I follow are Fallen Angel, Conan, a handful of Vertigo titles, and the Marvels Project Golden Age mini-series.

I am an active (if erratically productive) fanfic writer. I have some fanfics here at Legion World in the Bits forum, as well as at my own blog, which there's a link to on my profile. I also have two Transformers fanfics at Legend of Cybertron, "Into the Unknown" and "A Bitter Homecoming."

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#175899 12/30/09 09:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I guess it's good to redo ourselves here, rather than expect newbies to reread 76 pages and pick out who is current from the masses.
Good idea, Kent!

Thomas, here - 36, New Yorker by birth, Pennsylvanian by marriage. I'm a former Special Ops paratrooper, currently an IT consultant (though I, too, have had some odd jobs - including two unfortunate weeks in 1991, selling frozen meat, door to door, off the back of a truck).

I'm madly devoted to my wife and my dog, the two of whom have, respectively, inspired my vegetarianism and my support of the SPCA.

I love travel (both for work and pleasure), go through phases of music interest (jazz, blues, folk), and am a massive cinema buff.

My Legion interest goes back to age twelve when my family's landlord gave me his old Silver Age comic collection. Not really an artist or serious writer, my own creative Legion outlet has been the design and staging of several Legion-themed message board "game shows". I've put on several seasons of a Legion-based Jeopardy show, and last year staged a massive Legion-Survivor game here on LW. I'm currently putting together a Legion-Amazing Race that I hope to stage early next summer.

#175900 12/30/09 10:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My name is David. Born and raised and still live in the greater Detroit area of Michigan...you know the place that has over 15% unemployment.

I'm an Unemployed worker. Have done many jobs over the years. Currently Part Time at Toys R Us.

Going back to school in a few weeks.

My love for the Legion goes back to the 70's when I discovered a stack of comics in my Uncle's room. He had several giant issues of Superboy laying there and I was hooked.

My life really consists of my two kids. Hannah (9) and Jonathan (2 in about 18 days.) They are what keeps me moving.

I follow the Legion, the Flash and The Walking Dead. I love Zombie movies of all kinds. I am currently working on my Legion restoration project utilizing all Pre reboot continuity.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#175901 12/30/09 01:14 PM
Substitute
Substitute
My name is Ed and I live in Utah with my partner Matt. (yes, I'm gay). As I kid in the 60's, I lived in Palmm Springs, CA where I read my first Legion story which was Adventure #342 the Legionnaire Who Killed. I thought it was a great read and two issues later with the Super-Stalag of Space I was hooked on the Legion for life. I became and avid fan and wrote many letters to the Legion Outpost until finnaly I was chosen to have one printed in Superboy 172 in 1971. From then I decided to start calling myself the Letter King and had several letters printed for the next four years or so. Then I joined the Coast Guard and spent the next 20 years saving people on the high seas. I tried to keep up with the Legion but couldn't always do it with my military career and family taking up so much energy. Now I'm retired and my son who is in his late twenties gave me a couple of comics to read and the Legion was among them. Now I'm back.

#175902 12/30/09 01:52 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Name: John

Points of Origin: Boston (12 years in childhood; 6 in adulthood), Florida (9 years), Detroit (2 years) and Houston (the last 11 years).

Children: None human; One canine: Seven-year-old male beagle mix, Hyvvie (short for Hyfrydol).

Relationship status: Single

Orientation: Gay

Hobbies and interests: Comics, choral singing, classic TV and movies, penguins, beagles and all sorts of other things.

Legion fan since: 1978.

Comics preferences: DC's second string (Legion, JSA, Flash, Green Lantern); Peanuts.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#175903 12/30/09 07:44 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
My name is Greg. I live in the Kansas City area and teach college composition courses. Occasionally, I also write stuff.

My obsession with the Legion goes back to Legion of Super-Heroes v. 1 # 1, in 1973, which was a reprint of "The Lad Who Wrecked the Legion" (Adventure # 328). I got in on the ground floor as Cary Bates and Dave Cockrum revamped the Legion later that year.

As a child, my five favorite Legionnaires were Mon-El, Lightning Lad, Invisible Kid, Sun Boy, and Chemical King. Each of these would suffer death at some point, an ominous sign?

I followed the Legion faithfully until 1990, when I checked out during the Five Years Later period. I returned twice, during 1993-94 (winding down the 5YL period) and from 1998-2004 (most of the reboot). Currently, I'm not following the Legion or comics at all, but I still post here. LW is a fun community to be part of, and I enjoy analyzing the old stories.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#175904 12/30/09 08:30 PM
strange but not a stranger
Not much is known about Quislet, Esq. as he is a national man of mystery (hoping someday to become an international man of mystery.) This may have something to do with his love of word puzzles and logic problems.

His first exposure to the Legion was Superboy & THe Legion of Superheroes #212, which saw the debut and only appearance of Syndi.

In his subscription bag at the local comic book shop, one will find issues of JSA, JLA, Flash, Legion, Green Lantern, & X-Factor.

He has had training in the legal field, but is currently unsure as to what he wants to make his life's work. He became an uncle at the tender age of 7 and now boasts of 7 nieces and nephews and 7 great nieces and nephews. Making him a great uncle. He will occassionally talk about himself in the third person.

Do you think we should revive the Limerick thread in Spaceopoly?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#175905 12/30/09 08:33 PM
Originally posted by BouncingBear:
My name is Ed and I live in Utah with my partner Matt. (yes, I'm gay). As I kid in the 60's, I lived in Palmm Springs, CA where I read my first Legion story which was Adventure #342 the Legionnaire Who Killed. I thought it was a great read and two issues later with the Super-Stalag of Space I was hooked on the Legion for life. I became and avid fan and wrote many letters to the Legion Outpost until finnaly I was chosen to have one printed in Superboy 172 in 1971. From then I decided to start calling myself the Letter King and had several letters printed for the next four years or so. Then I joined the Coast Guard and spent the next 20 years saving people on the high seas. I tried to keep up with the Legion but couldn't always do it with my military career and family taking up so much energy. Now I'm retired and my son who is in his late twenties gave me a couple of comics to read and the Legion was among them. Now I'm back.
I didn't know Utah had a Coast Guard base. wink

#175906 01/02/10 05:26 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Thomas, here - 36, New Yorker by birth, Pennsylvanian by marriage. I'm a former Special Ops paratrooper, currently an IT consultant (though I, too, have had some odd jobs - including two unfortunate weeks in 1991, selling frozen meat, door to door, off the back of a truck).

I'm madly devoted to my wife and my dog, the two of whom have, respectively, inspired my vegetarianism and my support of the SPCA.

I love travel (both for work and pleasure), go through phases of music interest (jazz, blues, folk), and am a massive cinema buff.

My Legion interest goes back to age twelve when my family's landlord gave me his old Silver Age comic collection. Not really an artist or serious writer, my own creative Legion outlet has been the design and staging of several Legion-themed message board "game shows". I've put on several seasons of a Legion-based Jeopardy show, and last year staged a massive Legion-Survivor game here on LW. I'm currently putting together a Legion-Amazing Race that I hope to stage early next summer.
...and he's a dead ringer for NASCAR's Jeff Gordon! (Yes, Thomas, I SHALL run that into the ground! tongue )

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#175907 03/04/10 03:06 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmm...just noticed we are doing re-intro's.

I'm Mark, aka dedman aka bathori, aged 36.

I just finished studying for my 3rd class power engineer certificate and will be working in the field starting in late March. Before getting into this career I worked a variety of jobs including - farmer, labourer, telemarketer, pro wrestler, set designer, musician, cook and security guard.

I am originally from Newfoundland, but have lived and worked in Fort McMurray, Alberta for the past (almost)4 years.

I am married to a wonderful lady and we have no kids, but two cats.

I first got into the Legion with those old Blue Ribbon Digests, but never started to collect till around the Great Darkness Saga, when the local store started carrying Legion on its spinner rack. The Levitz era still stands as my favorite. Ultra Boy is my favorite Legion member.

Other comics I enjoy (or have enjoyed in the past) include- ROM, Alpha Flight, The Walking Dead, Fables, Preacher, Astro City and Powers.

Besides comics I enjoy video games, reading, drawing, photomanipulation, music (performing and listening), and watching movies and some TV shows.

Other message boards I frequent include gamefaqs.com and x360a.org.

#175908 03/13/10 11:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Getting closer to finishing my review of the 5YL storied, and the beginning of my continuation epic.

#175909 03/13/10 05:08 PM
Looking forward to that epic, Dev.

Long as I'm posting in this thread, I should give the following update: I now have a second, all-fanfic blog , but I will keep doing occassional posts on the original blog -- expect a review of The Losers movie for sure.

#175910 03/13/10 07:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Does the blog thing work good for you Stealth? I've considered doing that as well as posting it here .

#175911 03/14/10 07:17 AM
Blogs are a godsend. You can take up as much posting space as you want and not worry about the posts being to big to load quickly. Instead of posting my fanfics in Bits, where the threads can get cumbersome, I simply post links to each successive chapter. Plus, you can come up with cool designs for your blog. I would highly recommend having a blog entirely devoted to your 5YL continuation epic.

#175912 03/14/10 08:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Looking like a good probability.

#175913 04/22/10 10:59 AM
Active
Active
Guess I'll clue you all in on who I am.

Aliases: Big Sexy, Crym, Cuthale

Group Affiliation: Saturday Night Gamers

Base of Operations: Aurora, Colorado

First Legion Book: Superboy #203 - The death of Invisible Kid.. <choke>

Legion Crush: Dream Girl

Comics: I'm mostly a DC guy. I'm a life long Legion fan, and I like the JLA, Teen Titans, Superman Family, Batman Family, JSA, Power Girl and The Green Lantern titles. LOVE Fables and The Unwritten.

Favorite Legionnaires: All of them.. well.. except the Khund Legionnaires.

History: I grew up in a small town in Kentucky, and have lived in various places such as: Woodbridge, VA; New Orleans, LA; and now in Colorado. I have two children, Katie and Ricky. I'm currently separated from my wife, and after a period of unemployment, I now work for DirecTV. I have worked in the automotive industry, been a chimney sweep, worked retail, been a travel agent, and have done some screenwriting for a failed pilot. boo.

Interests: Comics, Role-playing, Gaming (the triumvirate of geekdom). I enjoy college basketball and pro football. I like to blog, and am now hopelessly addicted to message boards.

Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/
#175914 05/02/10 11:40 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
We're so glad you decided to join us, Crymsun.
You made our roadtrip to the DC boards totally worthwhile!

#175915 05/03/10 10:59 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Yay! another member with Kentucky ties,the more the merrier,welcome to Legionworld Crymsun.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#175916 05/05/10 11:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm not sure if I've ever posted to this thread so here's my Who's Who profile -

[Linked Image]

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Daniel
Marital Status: Single (not legally able to get 'Married')
Known Relatives: Mother, Father, 3 Siblings
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Perth, Western Australia
First Appearance: Zambia, 1977
Height: 6'3" Weight: 90kgs
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown

HISTORY

Daniel was born in a mining hospital in Zambia where he grew up the son of a professional hunter/game warden (think Congo Bill without the magic ring) and had many adventures in the exciting and dangerous wilds of Africa before moving to Perth, Western Australia at the tender age of seven.

After some experimentation with the gateway drug of Tintin and Asterix comics, Daniel later discovered the world of DC Super-Heroes and was a complete addict by about age 10, much to the eternal heartbreak (and still ongoing criticism) of his parents.

After long ago tiring of his early favourite characters Green Arrow and Speedy, Daniel's current favourite 21st Century hero is (for reasons even he can't quite fathom) Mal Duncan aka Hornblower, Guardian, Herald and Vox. His true comics loving heart, however, belongs to the various concepts and characters of the Legion of Super-Heroes - most especially Colossal Boy/Leviathan, Bouncing Boy, Invisible Kid I and Tyroc, his top 4 Legionnaires.

Other than comics, Daniel enjoys TV and movies of all genres and styles (a teenage foray into gems of the Blaxploitation era having the most lasting effect on his online presence), reading both fiction and non-fiction books, news and current events, swimming and nature based activitites, playing sports a lot more than watching sports, travelling and meeting new people, and hanging out with friends.

Being something of a wandering soul, Daniel finds it hard to stay in one place for too long and thus spent most of his 20s calling either Sydney, London, Columbus (Ohio) or New York home. As well as spending significant periods of time in Trinidad & Tobago, Madagascar and Botswana for work-related purposes. Now that he's in his early 30s he plans to stay in Perth until his degree finishes in 2012 before getting the Hell out of here again!

#175917 05/05/10 11:37 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
That hippie standing behind you is up to no good!!

#175918 05/07/10 11:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Gonna try updating mine as well.

Name: Jude Deluca (Pen Name)
Birthday: Christmas
Home: Bronx, NY
Occupation: College Student, writer, daydreamer, compassionate care giver, arrogant prick, loving grandson, and shameless manipulator.

Legion Info: Really got into it after reading the Lightning Saga and watching the cartoon. Enjoy all runs, but don't really know a lot about when they had Pocket Superboy.

Favorite Color(s): Blue and white.
Favorite Band: Priss and the Replicants.
Favorite Authors: Devin Grayson, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Gail Simone, Doug Moench, Rumiko Takahashi, Naoka Takeuchi, and Ngaio Marsh.
Favorite Artists: Nei Ruffino, Joe Prado, Dale Eaglesham, Alex Ross, Jill Thompson, Tony Daniel, Rick Mays and Adam Warren.

Favorite Movies: A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, Batman, and Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular.
Favorite Music: Rock, and the opening and ending songs of anime.
Favorite TV Show: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Daria, and Faerie Tale Theatre.

Dislikes: Alzheimer's Disease, cockroaches, baloney and other lunch meats, remakes of horror movies, reality television, mistreatment of fictional characters and the elderly, the state of parents marriage, and idiots.

Comics Info (a.k.a. favorite characters)...
Legion: Too many to list, but for now, Lightning Lad, Computo, and Monstress
Batman Family: Batman, Batwoman, and Harley Quinn
Superman Family: Lois Lane, Matrix, and Belinda Zee
Wonder Woman Family: Donna Troy and Blue Snowman
Flash Family: Wally West and Captain Cold
Green Lantern Family: Alan Scott and Kyle Rayner
Titans: Arsenal, Joker's Daughter, and Bat-Girl
Doom Patrol: Dorothy Spinner, Rhea Jones, and Crazy Jane
Vertigo: Black Orchid, Golden Age Sandman, and Dian Belmont
JSA: Power Girl, Cyclone, and Ma Hunkel
JLA: Animal Man, Zatanna, and Martian Manhunter
DCU: Resurrection Man, Hourman, and Rima the Jungle Girl.
Multiverse: Brooks, Carol Ferris from "GL: Evil's Might", and Vampire Batman
Sandman: Death, Goldie the Gargoyle, and Delirium
Milestone: Icon, Rocket, and Brickhouse
Green Arrow: Arsenal and Lian (the rest of them can go suck it)
Quality Comics: Spider Widow
Villains: Clayface, the Candlemaker, and Persuader (Elise Kimble)
Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer, Klarion, and the Whip
Kingdom Come: Batwoman II, Bloodlust, and Red Hood
Aquaman: Tempest and Mera
Secret Six: Jeannette and Scandal Savage
Wildstorm: Grunge and Fairchild

Pre-Crisis: Saturn Girl, Dawnstar, White Witch
Post-Crisis: Sensor Girl
Glorithverse: Tenzil, Timber Wolf, Jo Nah
SW6: Computo
Reboot: Inferno and Monstress
Threeboot: Gazelle, Timber Wolf
Action Comics: Lightning Lad, Black Witch
Animated: Lightning Lad

#175919 06/27/10 08:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Name:Prefer not to reveal
Where you live: Illinois
What you do: History & Chinese Major,
Credit Union Employee this summer

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)
Favorite Characters: Mon-el, Wildfire, Princess Projecta, Nemesis Kid (favorite Legion villain)
Eras: Pre-Crisis, Threeboot
When I Started Reading: At around age 9 I read alot of my father's 80's comics. He owned a comic book shop that went brankrupt before I was born and there are still boxes in my grandfather's basement.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): I love the spy genre. I read mostly comic books and non-fiction. My favorite book is the Silmarillion. I don't have a favorite type of music, I can listen to anything.

Story Behind the Username: I am ending a RPG that I ran for months. One of the characters I created was a Red Arrow, who was a member of a Thunderbolts team. I created her before I knew about Lian's death. However, I am taking advantage of the situation to create a complex character. Maybe I could use her in an RPG here.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#175920 06/27/10 09:17 AM
Welcome to Legion World Red Arrow!

We do some role playing here on the board. I think a couple of people are planning something soon.

Page 46 of 71 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mediocre Boy
Mediocre Boy
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star