Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 25 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/02/24 08:41 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52
Kid Prime's room!
#194809 07/06/03 04:22 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
This is SWELL!!!

You guys are the best! I'm just settling in.... I'm not sure whether to unpack some boxes, connect my cable, or run around the showers naked!

I guess Nightcrawler and Lightning Lad are the founding members of our Legion over here... I'm excited to be in on the Adventure-Era of our new board!

(P.S. Can I have my avatar icon I've been using on the Jolly Roger board the past couple weeks?)

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
Re: Kid Prime's room!
#194810 07/06/03 04:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Go and take a look KP. It should be there now.

#194811 07/06/03 04:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Scott, you RULE!!!!

Thanks man! I gott ago for awhile and do stuff, but I'll be back before the board cools down!

#194812 07/06/03 06:12 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hey guy's can i get a room ??

Matthew.

#194813 07/07/03 01:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Jeffey! I came by to check out your TRANSFORMERS collection!

I don't know much about them, so it would be so nice if you would please describe each single character in detail!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#194814 07/07/03 01:03 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Just remember, you asked...

wink

#194815 07/07/03 01:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll just make myself comfortable on your bed while you begin your presentation...!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#194816 07/07/03 12:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Are girls allowed? This is like first day back at the dorm.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#194817 07/07/03 02:41 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It's ALL coed here at Legion World! Bring it on!

#194818 07/07/03 02:52 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Please tell me we don't have those unisex bathrooms!

#194819 07/07/03 03:10 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
<<Moving over to my Transformers collection, laser pointer in hand>>

As for background information, all you really need to know is this: there is a planet of technology and machinery named Cybertron. The residents of this robotic world are called the Transformers. They are, for the most part, loyal to the heroic Autobots or the evil Decepticons. Now, their eons-old war has moved to engulf the planet Earth as well.

1. Optimus Prime

[Linked Image]

Once, Optimus Prime was a young courier named Orion Pacs. He was very admiring of the Decepticons for their speed and style, but this all changed when a newly-built Megatron betrayed and used him, destroying his city, his friends, and his home. He tried to defend his home and friends as best he could, but he was no match for the awesome power of Megatron. Near death, he was brought to the oldest of all Autobots, Alpha Trion, who sensed something quite special in the courageous and sensitive youth. Alpha Trion rebuilt Orion and renamed him. He also passed on to the young Autobot the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, which had been without a worthy owner for centuries. Gifted with a new form and the power of the Matrix, Optimus Prime rallied the remains of the Autobots and fought Megatron and the Decepticons to a standoff lasting for millenia... until an accident stranded Optimus Prime with his Autobots on Earth.

Optimus Prime is the greatest leader of the Autobots. Thousands of years of war have purified his raw courage and ability into a fighting force that is quite simply unequalled. As a leader, he is unwavering in his goal... to rid the galaxy of the evil of the Decepticons for all time. No sacrifice is too great in the pursuit of this goal, but he asks of no other Autobot the awesome sacrifices he makes of himself. The Autobots love Prime as a father and a brother, and follow him unwaveringly because of the power of his will and determination.

Now that the Cybertronian Wars have spread to the planet Earth, Prime has billions of new charges on his hands... and the burden of protecting the humans of Earth as he fights the Decepticons is never far from his mind. Megatron is quite aware of this, and uses this fact to his advantage with alacrity. If Prime has any weakness at all, they stem from his compassion and concern for the safety of all who he has sworn to protect, both Autobot and human.

#194820 07/07/03 03:16 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
So, KP, what do you make of "Armada?" Because honestly it confuses and bothers me.

#194821 07/07/03 03:21 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist (sigh.) I love the old series and characters... though I appreciate them continuing the Transformers in some way, it's just not the same. Nowhere close. (Though I AM excited about the Unicron toy coming out in a month... I may watch the cartoon just to see what they do with him!)

#194822 07/07/03 09:24 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
So what's your opinion on Transformers: The Movie? I thought it was kind of cool, but ultimately was what destroyed the cartoon/toy line. It just didn't feel the moved into the future. Hmm... probably comparisons to be drawn here with the post-Five Year Gap Legion...

#194823 07/07/03 09:28 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
KP, I'm relieved to hear you don't care for it. I'd have felt bad coming into your place and badmouthing it if you had liked it!

Anyway, when they transform and they don't actually resemble everyday items like cars or whatnot, it sorta defeats the whole purpose. I'd as soon watch "Gobots."

#194824 07/07/03 09:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Yeah... it also really BUGS me in Armada when they transform, they say "Transform!" like they have to TELL themselves to transform. And what about the old cool transforming noise? That was one of the coolest things!

Eryk, let me get my thoughts together regarding the movie... I'll post on it later tonight.

#194825 07/07/03 09:34 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Heh. "Gobots..."

:-)

#194826 07/07/03 10:17 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
You have no idea how long I had to wrack my brain for that bad memory...

#194827 07/07/03 10:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I liked the Transformers movie a lot. It wasn't as good once they got rid of Optimus and Megatron, but I liked the more brutal depiction of the Autobot / Decepticon war and the animation was great for the most part and hey, it gave us that immortal themesong "The Touch" (you've got the touch! You're got the power!! oh yeah...)

"Light our darkest hour..."

#194828 07/07/03 11:59 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
My thoughts on the movie...

It opened up very cool, showing Unicron in all his planet-devouring glory. I agree with Drake regarding most of the music. Sure, it was all 80's synthesized power-pop, but "The Touch" was a GREAT theme song (anybody remember its appearence in Boogie Nights? I almost fell out of my seat), as well as "Dare."

The voice acting was very solid. Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, Leonard Nimoy, and Orson Welles, in addition to the regular marvelous cast of the cartoon. The animation was good, sometimes great.

The positives:

The first 20-30 minutes of the film are dynamite, and frankly nail-biting if you loved the cartoon, since you honestly didn't know which Autobot was going to buy the farm next.

The moment when Optimus Prime steps out of the Autobot cruiser and says "Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost!" and then proceeds to kick the ENTIRE Decepticon army's collective ass on the way to his ultimate knock-down drag-out fight with Megatron is the greatest sequence in the entirety of the 20-year history of the Transformers.

"Ow, my foot!" Putting Starscream in situations where he whines like a little schoolgirl is always great fun.

Whoever choreographed the fight sequences in the movie did a great job.

The new characters (Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Kup, Blurr) were all wonderful, and great additions to the cast.

The negatives:

Too much carnage, which led to unfortunately never seeing most of the pre-movie characters ever again.

Prime's death. Though it was very emotional and worked in the context of the movie, it was probably the worst move the producers ultimately ever made.

Wheelie. 'Nuff Said. He bugs me still today.

The movie was the first time Grimlock the professional comedian and softy came out to play, and he stayed in that mode throughout the rest of the series. I preferred him as a bad-ass.

Daniel. Was there EVER any human more useless throughout the series?

In closing, Eryk, I love the movie because it meant a lot to me as a kid, and I honestly like the post-movie episodes of the series for their more cosmic feel and scope (though nothing is as good as the first season)... but did the Transformers ultimately jump the shark with the release of the movie?

Unfortunately, probably so. But I still love the movie.

#194829 07/08/03 01:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
What'd you think of "Beast Wars"? I watched it a few times and it seemed as though they were getting into some philosophical stuff about Cybertron (didn't Marv Wolfman work on it?), but I couldn't get into the computer art or the fact that they turned into animals instead of cars (call me old fashioned).

#194830 07/08/03 08:19 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
At first, I HATED the show, but when I realized they were tying it into continuity by having the Animal-bots come to Earth AFTER the Ark crashed but BEFORE they were reawakened, that was pretty damn cool.

The dialogue and characterization was very simplistic compared to the old cartoon, though.

My fave- when the Maximals and Predacons happen upon the Ark, and all the Autobots and Decepticons are laying there, still deactivated. Pretty good stuff (though I couldn't sit through episodes which had nothing to do with the old show.)

#194831 07/08/03 03:22 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
<<Moving over to another Transformer, laser pointer in hand>>

2. Megatron

[Linked Image]

No one is really quite exactly sure what circumstances led to the creation of Megatron. However, it is known that one day millions of years ago, deep in the heart of Cybertron, Megatron was born... and eons of peace between Autobots and Decepticons ended.

Megatron moved quickly to consolidate his power base, recruiting those who shared his ambitions to his army, and reprogramming many of those who did not. It was only the emergence of Optimus Prime as Autobot leader that slowed Megatron's march toward dominion over all Transformer life. The never-ending war between Autobot and Decepticon forces over millenia eventually drained the energy resources of Cybertron to the point that both armies were struggling for their very survival, when Megatron learned of an Autobot gambit to end the war once and for all by leaving their homeworld in search of new energy sources. Megatron ambushed the Autobot expedition led by Prime, and in so doing inadvernently caused the crash of both armies into the primitive, yet energy-rich third planet of a yellow star system. That planet was Earth.

Megatron's primary goal on Earth is to harvest Earth's vast natural resources to his personal cause: the conquest of Cybertron, the utter defeat of the Autobots, and utter domination over everything he can see and touch. In this aim, Megatron continually hatches increasingly-ingenious plots to suck the Earth dry of all its resources. His lust for conquest knows no bounds. He rules the Decepticon forces through a mix of intimidation, fear, and respect.

Megatron transforms into one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy. Only the most-heavily shielded Autobots can hope to survive more than a very few blasts. Megatron is Optimus Prime's equal in strength and fighting ability, and perhaps his better in firepower. However, though Megatron posesses ferocious determination to his goals, his courage ultimately is no match for Oprimus Prime's. However, this is only a small weakness when compared to the awesome power that is Megatron. Megatron is the enemy of all who cherish freedom, and a more than worthy adversary to Prime.

#194832 07/08/03 07:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here I thought I was a big geek for knowing what I do about the Legion. Caroline puts up with the Legion and my comic books well enough, I don't dare start in on something like the Transformers.

#194833 07/08/03 09:41 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It's probably just as well... cause it WOULD suck you in! :-)

Actually, it seems to be mainly a cult following made up chiefly of those who the series and toys affected at the time. But yeah, for those of us who love it, we LOVE IT!!!

Anyway... MLLASH sked me to describe each Transformer in detail... PhantomGirl

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,063
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star