Roll Call
0 members (), 115 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So if the "old" Legion comes back? What do you want?
#227 06/05/07 10:56 PM
Active
Active
I'd rather not see any of the SW6 stuff. Just start it up before the John Byrne Superman revamp. Gradually re-introduce some of the re-boot Legionaires XS, Gates along with Kono & Devlin O'Ryan from the 5YG.

#228 06/05/07 11:06 PM
Active
Active
I am definitely in favor of assigning the various Legions to their own earths...I don't want them put together, in some cases that is an impossibility.

Besides DC has 52 Earths...and since back in the days of the old multiverse, alternate Legions have always been a part of them.

Not only would I like to see the various Legions we know of get their own Earths...I'd like to see some additional Legions...

Like Superboy's Legion, or some of the other Elseworld's Legions, as well as ones we haven't seen.

Even when they do bring the orginal Legion back, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the chracters of other the other Legions finding their way into the PC Legion's contuity...

I'd like Laurel Gand to be brought in(kinda makes sense Mon would have relatives on Daxam), Gates, Gear, Kent Shakespeare, XS is a definite, possibly Thunder...

It would be cool.

Man I don't know about you guys, but the Legion of 3 World's sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I love that DC is finally giving the Legion and the 30-31 century universe the respect it deserves...

LLTL.

You know what would be cool? And would take guts?

If they actually split the Shooter Swan Legion off from the Bates Cockrum and had an Earth with the Shooter Swan Legion still on it...with chronicles still to be told in the Silver Age....

You see, the Byrne revamp wasn't the first time the Legion got banished to oblivion for absolutely no reason...the first time was when they were pulled out of Adenvture and put in as a backup in Action...

That would be so awesome...say Shooter Perez(big Curt Swan fan and heavily influenced by him)...picking up the SA Legion from the end of the Shooter Swan Run.

Man I love that the multiverse is back...

People should not be worried about the Post Crisis versions of the Legion...as we can see, those Earths and timelines still exist...I'm just worried that they aren't going to bring this Original Legion back full time...but I think they will. It deserves better than oblivion.

I think the Legion Cartoon probably also has it's own Earth....

#229 06/06/07 12:03 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... I could get used to "Shady Lady"...
How about "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane"?

http://www.theguitarguy.com/naughtyl.htm

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#230 06/06/07 09:18 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Here's what I'd really do. I'd forget about the Legion showing up in JLA/JSA. I'd bring back the Legion as it was right before 'End of an Era', with the SW6ers and everything. I'd give Brainy a haircut. I'd put the SW6ers and the older Legionnaires into one group, but I'd pare down the membership in some non-traumatic way so that there wouldn't be all these doubles wandering around confusing the issue. I'd let the older Legionnaires keep their sad-ass '90s 'Legion on the Run' codenames, Polestar and Virus and all that stuff (except for NRG and 5. Those names must go). I'd bring back Kono and Veilmist and Flederweb and Kent Shakespeare; I'd grow back Dawnstar's wings.

And then I would tell some kickass space adventure superhero stories about them. And I wouldn't touch Mordru, Glorith, the Dominion, the Khunds, Starfinger or Universo for at least the first fifty issues.

I would make it clear that the reboot and threeboot Legions existed on parallel Earths, and I would have crossovers.

#231 06/06/07 09:41 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I'd bring back Kono and Veilmist and Flederweb and Kent Shakespeare; I'd grow back Dawnstar's wings.
And the irony of Legion fandom is that I didn't know that Dawnstar ever lost her wings, and I have no idea who these other four people are, other than one is named after a fruit drink, Sketch Lad loves to draw Veilmist (and, despite being purple and sexy, she's supposed to be a member of the ugly yellow Khunds???) and Kent Shapespeare is a regular poster here.

Oh, and Fledermaus is German for bat (or flying mouse, technically). I know that, too. smile

Somewhere after the Baxter Legion I lost track.

I've seen Gates, XS, Monstress, etc. in the once or twice a year very depressing genre-smothering Blight / Robotican / Terrorform / psycho-killer Element Lad / Ras al-Ghul can whistle and paralyze Durlans, outwit Brainy and move faster than Mon-El (wtf?) crapfests I picked up between then and the WaK threeboot, but I completely missed all of these characters.

Anyone have any idea if JLA/JSA are seeing any sort of sales impact from the Legion appearance? Younger fans losing interest on the story focus on a bunch of characters from the 80s? Sales upticking from old fogeys like me picking up books they otherwise wouldn't have touched?

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#232 06/06/07 11:48 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. smile

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.

#233 06/06/07 12:24 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
No one wants the ZH Legion back
I do!

#234 06/06/07 02:30 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I'd certainly bring back Veilmist and Kent Shakespeare maybe as a healer?

I would also bring them back a few months after the Magic Wars. Have the founders rejoin after MW to bring stability to the Legion. Induct atleast three new members right away. Have the Academy be like the New Mutants as others have suggested. Make sure the new members are the best and brightest heroes around. Maybe have a new member with a similiar "useless" power save the day like Bouncing Boy and join, etc.

And I agree no earth, galaxy, universe threats for atleast 30 issues. smile

#235 06/06/07 06:03 PM
Active
Active
For me, it would be important that as many of the old stories as possible will still be valid in the new continuity. The classics, the Shooter Legion, the dead Legionnaires (yes, even Chem), the relationships and so on.

I doubt that anything of 5YL will be returning, which I consider a pity cause I liked the stories and their complexity a whole lot but I guess it's too much to hope for. I don't even believe that the time period of Magic Wars will be back, I rather guess they might start right after the LSV Baxter series start (when KK was killed).

What else should be back? Certainly NOT XS and Monstress, though I am open to new characters as long as the old ones are all returning (including Magnetic Kid and Tellus).

If the old stories keep their validity, then let there be new adventures for our long missed heroes. I guess there's a million of stories to be told. Considering the complexity of modern storytelling, there might even be potential for a new 5YL - SciFi superhero stories "Lost" style...

#236 06/06/07 06:06 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. smile

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.
Wasn't Dragonmage already there Pre-ZH? I remember him as a "Legionnaires" character pretty soon in that series... had a Trading Card of him...

And no, I don't want any ZH characters back smile Especially not XS (quote Marv Wolfman: It's very hard to write a decent team story with a speedster in it... you always have to explain why he wasn't there first and solved all the problems til the rest of the team arrived).

#237 06/06/07 06:32 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
XS was one of my favorite reboot additions. She was sweet, young, in over her head (at first), and fun.

As for Marv Wolfman's objection, it could apply to any number of very powerful characters, including Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Wildfire.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#238 06/06/07 07:48 PM
Deputy
Deputy
My wish list:

-Everything very close to preboot history

-I'm happy to see KK and Sensor Girl at the same time. I'm mildly curious about how this happened, but continuity bumps have never bothered me too much

-I'd like to see the Emerald Empress (Sarya) alive and kicking. Maybe the eye takes the dust of Sarya's body and puts it back together...

-Most of the other stuff that I'd like to see can be introduced as future storylines. I'd like to have Gates, Xs, Kid Quantum II and yes, Monstress, as full-fledged Legionnaires. I've also always prefered Andromeda to Supergirl, but I realize that I'm in a minority here (I am firmly in the the-less-supercousins-in-the-Legion-the-better camp: although I appreciate the positive influence the Legion had on both Superman and Supergirl, I'd rather keep the Supercousins' involvement in future Legion stories to a minimum). Nightwind and Veilmist would also be cool inductees...

-Resurrections? Not a fan. I know, I've just accepted one, KK, proposed another one, the Empress, and am about to discuss a third one. I'm not exactly consequent. But Ferro Lad, Chem and possibly even Magnetic Kid, depending on where exactly we are on the timeline, should remain dead. I am also happy if we never see Tyroc again

-Having said that, I think it would be a great pity to lose Lyle. His death in the preboot was so exceedingly badly written that I was never sure that he was really dead, in spite of constantly being hit on the head with his golden statue. Maybe he could return from that spirit dimension where he supposedly is (or not? I really can't tell). I just love that character, especially in the way he was written in the reboot

-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

So there. That's what I want. And oh, yes, if for some miraculous reason the possibility opens up of having more than one Legion comic book, I would much rather have both titles in the same universe, whichever one that is. I realize that losing the reboot or the threeboot (or even the preboot) Legions sucks for fans who like them, but I would personally much rather dedicate the new space to flesh out one universe. I guess it's a matter of preference, an that is mine.

#239 06/06/07 09:16 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm just chomping at the bit at the *hint* that the Legion could come back. DC could really recapture what Marvel has thrown away, a chance to write a book about *heroes,* filled with hope and adventure and yes, the occasional tragedy.

I think my favorite threeboot change, other than all the sex goin' on ('cause I'm a grown-up know, and the thought of a dozen good-looking teenagers being so monogamous looks pretty anachronistic by modern standards, let alone future standards) would be the buffing up of Dream Girl. The issue with the pre-cops was awesome. I didn't like *at all* the changes they made to Element Lad, or even Triplicate Girl, but Dream Girl really blossomed for me in the threeboot. Even if she's returned to her bubblehead affectation, I would love to see her turn out to be able to use her precognition in combat.

#240 06/06/07 09:59 PM
Leader
Leader
Colorful costumes. Drab, uniformly uniform, and or non-descript costumes just make everything look less fun.

#241 06/07/07 02:14 PM
Active
Active
-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

Yes I Hate Yera, too.
And bring back Spider Girl and Veilmist.

From UK with glamour.
#242 06/07/07 02:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Not only do I hate Yera, I hate R.J. Brande (Durlan or human), the little Ranzz tykes, and Invisible Kid II. Kill 'em all, or better yet, make sure they never existed in this continuity!

#243 06/07/07 02:35 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
No way! The Ranzz tykes rock! The other three can be whited out for all I care, though... wink

#244 06/07/07 02:49 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Bah! Jacques Foqart or bust!

#245 06/07/07 02:56 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Doctor One, we might have to settle for Laurel KENT instead of Gand. But I wouldn't mind a female daxamite either. wink

I agree with Empress returning to "life". But I rather leave all the rest dead.

Yera and the Ranzz twins rock!!!

#246 06/07/07 04:05 PM
I liked Yera, too, nothwithstanding the dubious circumstances of her arrival and marriage to Gim. (Which only shows how screwed up they both were!)

But Yera as the civilian wife of a Legionnaire had possibilities, which were only briefly touched on in her final appearance in v.3. Yera and Gim have an argument over his risking his neck while still injured, yet she also throws in the fact that he's spending more time with the Legion than with her and suggests that she gave up her acting career to be his wife. All of this mirrors real anxieties married couples face, particularly when one of them is a police officer or a soldier. I would like to have seen this explored some before Giffen threw everything ahead five years.

The fact that Gim and Yera had a biracial marriage and that she came from a culture that was shunned by others served as a metaphor for similar issues today. I don't recall it being explored much, but the potential was there.

#247 06/07/07 05:09 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Plus how nice is to have a shape-shifting wife?! wink

#248 06/07/07 05:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Probably about as nice as it is for her to have a husband that grow to gigantic size! wink

#249 06/07/07 07:26 PM
See, that's why they stayed married. (Who says there' no realism in comics? love

#250 06/11/07 06:22 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ooh, just remembered something I'd love to see return to the Legion.

Reader participation. Back in the day, it was sixteen different kinds of cool that readers got to vote for Legion leader, got the chance to propose characters to appear in the tryouts and were encouraged to send in costume designs.

I don't care how dorktastic it was, it was the coolest thing ever, actually soliciting the fans to contribute their kooky ideas.

#251 06/11/07 06:27 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I want to pick up from the end of ''The Legion'' #34 (minus Superboy, who could trip over a brick or something), but I'm sure that surprises no-one smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star