Roll Call
1 members (Alexander, Alexander, Alexander), 127 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
So if the "old" Legion comes back? What do you want?
#202 06/05/07 12:28 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
OVER TIME I would want all the later members like XS, Gates, Dragonmage, etc.

Within the first year a wedding! I vote for Jo & Tinya. But would be happy with Star Boy and Dream Girl.

Update some of the names. Make some of the Boy/Lad names Man. Same with some Girl/Lass to Woman maybe? Also use some of the ZH names. I want Ultra Man! Maybe Sun Boy as Inferno? Element Lad stays Element Lad, etc. wink

Re: So if the "old" Legion comes back? What do you want?
#203 06/05/07 01:06 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
See, instead of that, I'd rather have several versions of the Legion in different futures or different worlds, and have them diverge rather than converge. So we could have four different Legions, let's say:

- old-school-style Legion
- Waid-and-Kitson Legion
- reboot/DnA Legion
- Five-Years-Later+SW6 Legion

all with different memberships, all used to tell different kinds of stories. I don't know where all these stories would appear, mind you...

#204 06/05/07 01:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I don't know where all these stories would appear, mind you...
How about in "Confusing Continuities Quarterly?" wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#205 06/05/07 01:10 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Definitely switch to "Adult Legion" codenames. No post-ZH, though. "Man/Woman" all the way! I wish they were already using them in the JSA/JLA crossover.

Later members can join as a "Teen Auxillary".

Superman as a (part-time) member!

A definitive history of the team in current continuity.

#206 06/05/07 01:26 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Oh, and annual team-ups between the new "old" Legion and the other two.

#207 06/05/07 01:46 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I'd like to see one-to-two issue stories dealing with a handful of Legionnaires at a time, then the next story with a different set, and so on. Spread them around the universe on different missions. Have them ALL back - Quislet, Tyroc, Chemical King, Quantum Queen, Kid Quantum, Gates, XS, etc.

Once every year or two have them deal with an event (or villain) requiring the whole team together. And have Superman and/or Supergirl join in for those!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#208 06/05/07 02:13 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I like Kid Quislet pacing/plotting ideas.

C'mon, EDE...Phantom Woman just doesn't sound good. wink Apparition all the way.

I always thought for new members they should give them initiation names. After a set time they get to choose their own codenames...or keep the one they have.

I guess a codename debate would be another thread. smile But "Woman" isn't as catchy as Man in superhero codenames. I know there is Lady as well but some of the ZH names were pretty good.

#209 06/05/07 02:49 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Okay, I admit that "Phantom Lady" sounds better than "Phantom Woman". smile

But, I kind of like Shadow Woman better than Shadow Lady, so maybe they can trade.

I dig Saturn Woman and Light Lady, though. And I *dare* anyone to come up with a cooler sounding name than Duo Dame!

#210 06/05/07 03:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I dunno... the Lad/Lass thing is part of the Legion's charm for me. I don't think I would like reading about Colossal Man, Lightning Man and Triplicate Woman. I guess it's probably a nostalgia thing, but to me it just wouldn't be the same.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#211 06/05/07 03:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
And I *dare* anyone to come up with a cooler sounding name than Duo Dame!
What about "Double D"? wink

#212 06/05/07 03:42 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Okay, I admit that "Phantom Lady" sounds better than "Phantom Woman". smile
"Phantom Lady" is already taken: the Freedom Fighters (assuming some version of them is still alive).

The problem with using "Lady" and "Lord" is that it implies nobility. The name worked for Lightning Lord, as Mekt was always rather full of himself. But "Element Lord," for example, creates the wrong impression.

(...unless the UP establishes a noble class and creates the Legionnaires as peers. That would make sense, but it might seem kind of awkward to view our heroes as aristocrats.)

For Adult Legion codenames, I would prefer to go with the creative legacy of the reboot: "Apparition," "Leviathan" (which worked for Gim more than for for Vi), "Dreamer," etc. Those names convey what they are supposed to convey without being age- or even gender-specific.

(However, do discard "Live Wire" -- ugh!)

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#213 06/05/07 03:46 PM
As to what I would like to see if the old Legion returned: I would rather they pick up right from the end of "The Magic Wars." Keep Superboy and Supergirl as part of the Legion's history (and no bloody pocket universe, either!), and chart a new course that may or may not involve the "Five Years Later" but does a better job of telling the stories that led up to that era.

#214 06/05/07 04:55 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Keep them in their 20's for a loooooooooooooong time!

New stories! New villains!

I've love to somehow get Gates into the first Legion continuity.

I'm glad that a living Karate Kid could be included in a Sensor Girl Legion.

The codenames don't bother me either way. While I think some reboot names were cool (Triad), some of them were just HORRIBLE (Umbra, Spark).

I really would love to read about the first Legion again. With Wildfire, Dawny, Mysa and many other missing Legionnaires. I would really prefer to have reboot-Legion concepts incorporated into the the preboot Legion (not retroactively though) rather than read about multiple Legions. So, Gates & Kid Quantum could join as later members. Other than finding a way to rope in some continuity-lost members, I'd prefer if continuity confusions were never referred to again.

#215 06/05/07 05:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I'd prefer to have elements from later 'boots added on to a single Legion continuity that takes as its foundation the basic structure of the pre-Crisis Legion history rather than have multiple Legions running around myself.

I can see why that might not be the preferred solution for many people, though.

#216 06/05/07 05:03 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I agree I prefer Shadow Woman to Umbra any day of the week. Light(ning) Lass/lady? Phantom Woman? Ok, that one and Triad I just prefer...but I guess she won't use Triad any more.

I just prefer a few of the ZH names. Plus the new kids can be kids, boys, lass'.

#217 06/05/07 05:09 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Cobalt, I also agree have them in their twenties forever. The only ones they really showed getting "old" were the founders. And even then they were in what? Their late twenties/early thirties?

I would marry off Cos and Night Girl for sure. I mean the Subs at the wedding is a story onto itself.

#218 06/05/07 05:26 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Ooh... actually, I kind of like "Phase" as a name for the adult Phantom Girl...

#219 06/05/07 05:33 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Okay... so my ultimate ideal way to bring the "old" Legion back would be to open up the story with something like "Another Five Years Later".

The Adventure Era Legionnaires would be about forty, but "feel" thirty, thanks to their merging with their younger temporal duplicates five years earlier.

What happened between "End of an Era" and the new series? I'd base the events of the intervening years roughly on the post-ZH Legion stories, and figure out a way to retcon the WaK Legion stories in as well, creating a grand unified history that would probably only serve to piss everybody off.

#220 06/05/07 05:39 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I like the more grown-up names. In the 20th century, Robin grew up and changed his name to Nightwing. In the 30th, Phantom Girl and Shadow Lass grew up and changed their names to Apparition and Umbra. It's all good to me.

I'm also a big fan of the partially grown-up team having some adult relationships and marriages and even a kid (in the case of Garth and Imra, but *not* Jo and Tinya, at least not as presented with 'Cub').

The JSA/JLA team-up shows an established Legion, with history, which I only like if it's a history that, for the most part, I've seen already. Probably the hardest part for me about the WaK reboot is not ever knowing the character's backstories (only knowing that they were sometimes very different, as in the case with Triplicate Girl or Element Lad), and now, seeming very unlikely to ever learn them.

If the team is going to have a lot of differences, like Karate Kid being alive while Sensor Girl is active, then I want to at least get some sort of heads up as to why this is so (it is said that the founders did something to save his life, so I'm fine with that. It doesn't even sound like a retcon, so much as something happened between the last time we saw them and now to 'save' Karate Kid).

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing new blood join the team, and that new blood including some of the more fun characters from other Legions, including Kid Quantum II and Gates, both of whom were fun characters.

I also enjoyed the 'power creep' that occurred over many years. Shadow Lass was shown blotting out a star at one point, Saturn Girl telepathically coordinated city-wide evacuations with her brain, while Element Lad changed the atmosphere of a planet. These are legendary heroes, worthy to be traveling in the company of Daxamites and Kryptonians, in some cases the most powerful and skilled examples of entire species of millions, or even *billions* of members. None of this, "I can transmute something I can touch. For 60 seconds..." crap.

So it was a joy to see Sensor Girl, alone and disoriented, pretty much single-handedly stymie the JLA and JSA. Dr. Midnight is all, 'But I have infrared vision!' and Superman is, 'Well, yeah, but that's *what she does,* so accept that she's gonna be good at it...'

I'm a little more ambiguous about situations where a characters powers are changed to make them more useful, such as the WaK reboot and Superboy's Legion's takes on Shadow Lasses powers. (I loved it in Superboy's Legion, since it was explicity spelled out, but found it very annoying in the WaK threeboot, since she was shown blocking Sun Boy's fire blast with it during the inter-Legion bickerfest, and later again shown blasting someone in the gut with it and hurting them, despite it *never being stated* that she was anything other than Lights Out Lass. Grr...) Quite a few Legionnaires could use some power-tweakage, and, particularly the femmes, who got a pretty raw deal (and mostly passive 'girly' powers) back in the day. Quite a few male Legionnaires have been tweaked downward (with Star Boy and Wildfire having lost *massive* amounts of power since their introductions), and I wouldn't mind at all Shadow Lass or Triplicate Girl getting a leg up. (Imagine Triplicate Girl's powers ramping up and allowing her to be more like Madrox!) Karate Kid would remain an exception. His ability to be competitive with skill instead of power is very much the point, in his case. smile

Light Lass to Lightning Lass and Projectra to Sensor Girl are more 'organic' transitions that I'm good with. Given that it was 'Naltorian science' that gave Ayla her Light Lass powers, I would be thrilled to see 'Naltorian science' give them instead to Thom, to complement his 'make stuff heavy' power, while Ayla sticks to throwing lightning around, since they've pretty much abandoned the old 'can't have two people with the same powers' rule anyway to allow people like Superboy, Supergirl and Mon-El to all be members.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#221 06/05/07 06:26 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I like them being powerful myself. The examples you gave were perfect Set.

#222 06/05/07 07:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think Phantom Lady's pretty suitable for Tinya, given that she's the daughter of a woman who's been president in more than one continuity.

How about Shady Lady for Tasmia?

I'd like to see a Lyle Norg who's of the same ages as his peers and has the ultra-observant spy thing going on. And the applied science background.

In short, reboot Lyle inserted into whatever continuity's going to be ongoing.

#223 06/05/07 07:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Hmm... I could get used to "Shady Lady"...

#224 06/05/07 07:57 PM
Why not "Shlady" for short?

#225 06/05/07 07:59 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'd like to keep the Core membership to about 16 or so with the remaining Legionaires becoming the Subs for the group like say if Jo's on a special mission or on leave call in Lar to cover for him and maybe they can have their own Adventures from time to time,As for the re-boot Zero Hour characters the Legion Academy looks like a good place to re-introduce them think of them as the New Mutants to the Legions X-Men,as for the 5YG characters mix and match them up with the Heroes of Lallor and the Wanderers to form The New Wanderers,Also I would like to see Dave Cockrum's original idea for Tyr as the leader of a group of Bounty Hunters using some characters from the original Legion's continuity.

Hey thats 5 titles I'd buy every month 6 if they published the original Legion bi-weekly.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#226 06/05/07 09:01 PM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
You know, this is a much harder question to answer than I original anticipated. I wouldn't keep a single thing so far from the 3Boot, but there are definitely aspects of the reboot that I loved. Gates and XS being the main bits.

What would I really do? Hmm, I think I would restart the book again, right after the ZH Merge of the Adult Legion and SW6. I would have them un-combine ... but, due to the fluctuations of the time stream, I would have dead Legionnaires come back to life, and have SW6 copies of more of them.

So, basically, I'd like the adult Legion with dead members back ... and a young SW6 Legion with more members as well as new members such as Gates and XS ... that way you could have the Gates/Brainiac 5 friendship without having to retcon it back to the beginning of the team. And XS could join to honor her mom who was killed in the Dominator Invasion.

Of course, I would also make SW6 take place at the brand new Legion Academy, and thats where all the new team members would go to train. Basically, the SW6 Legion book would be the Legion version of "Generation X", which I would read in a heartbeat ... and it would occassionally cross over with the adult Legion. But, mostly, they'd have their own stories.

This is the way that DC should have taken it, in my opinion.

#227 06/05/07 10:56 PM
Active
Active
I'd rather not see any of the SW6 stuff. Just start it up before the John Byrne Superman revamp. Gradually re-introduce some of the re-boot Legionaires XS, Gates along with Kono & Devlin O'Ryan from the 5YG.

#228 06/05/07 11:06 PM
Active
Active
I am definitely in favor of assigning the various Legions to their own earths...I don't want them put together, in some cases that is an impossibility.

Besides DC has 52 Earths...and since back in the days of the old multiverse, alternate Legions have always been a part of them.

Not only would I like to see the various Legions we know of get their own Earths...I'd like to see some additional Legions...

Like Superboy's Legion, or some of the other Elseworld's Legions, as well as ones we haven't seen.

Even when they do bring the orginal Legion back, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the chracters of other the other Legions finding their way into the PC Legion's contuity...

I'd like Laurel Gand to be brought in(kinda makes sense Mon would have relatives on Daxam), Gates, Gear, Kent Shakespeare, XS is a definite, possibly Thunder...

It would be cool.

Man I don't know about you guys, but the Legion of 3 World's sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I love that DC is finally giving the Legion and the 30-31 century universe the respect it deserves...

LLTL.

You know what would be cool? And would take guts?

If they actually split the Shooter Swan Legion off from the Bates Cockrum and had an Earth with the Shooter Swan Legion still on it...with chronicles still to be told in the Silver Age....

You see, the Byrne revamp wasn't the first time the Legion got banished to oblivion for absolutely no reason...the first time was when they were pulled out of Adenvture and put in as a backup in Action...

That would be so awesome...say Shooter Perez(big Curt Swan fan and heavily influenced by him)...picking up the SA Legion from the end of the Shooter Swan Run.

Man I love that the multiverse is back...

People should not be worried about the Post Crisis versions of the Legion...as we can see, those Earths and timelines still exist...I'm just worried that they aren't going to bring this Original Legion back full time...but I think they will. It deserves better than oblivion.

I think the Legion Cartoon probably also has it's own Earth....

#229 06/06/07 12:03 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Hmm... I could get used to "Shady Lady"...
How about "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane"?

http://www.theguitarguy.com/naughtyl.htm

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#230 06/06/07 09:18 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Here's what I'd really do. I'd forget about the Legion showing up in JLA/JSA. I'd bring back the Legion as it was right before 'End of an Era', with the SW6ers and everything. I'd give Brainy a haircut. I'd put the SW6ers and the older Legionnaires into one group, but I'd pare down the membership in some non-traumatic way so that there wouldn't be all these doubles wandering around confusing the issue. I'd let the older Legionnaires keep their sad-ass '90s 'Legion on the Run' codenames, Polestar and Virus and all that stuff (except for NRG and 5. Those names must go). I'd bring back Kono and Veilmist and Flederweb and Kent Shakespeare; I'd grow back Dawnstar's wings.

And then I would tell some kickass space adventure superhero stories about them. And I wouldn't touch Mordru, Glorith, the Dominion, the Khunds, Starfinger or Universo for at least the first fifty issues.

I would make it clear that the reboot and threeboot Legions existed on parallel Earths, and I would have crossovers.

#231 06/06/07 09:41 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I'd bring back Kono and Veilmist and Flederweb and Kent Shakespeare; I'd grow back Dawnstar's wings.
And the irony of Legion fandom is that I didn't know that Dawnstar ever lost her wings, and I have no idea who these other four people are, other than one is named after a fruit drink, Sketch Lad loves to draw Veilmist (and, despite being purple and sexy, she's supposed to be a member of the ugly yellow Khunds???) and Kent Shapespeare is a regular poster here.

Oh, and Fledermaus is German for bat (or flying mouse, technically). I know that, too. smile

Somewhere after the Baxter Legion I lost track.

I've seen Gates, XS, Monstress, etc. in the once or twice a year very depressing genre-smothering Blight / Robotican / Terrorform / psycho-killer Element Lad / Ras al-Ghul can whistle and paralyze Durlans, outwit Brainy and move faster than Mon-El (wtf?) crapfests I picked up between then and the WaK threeboot, but I completely missed all of these characters.

Anyone have any idea if JLA/JSA are seeing any sort of sales impact from the Legion appearance? Younger fans losing interest on the story focus on a bunch of characters from the 80s? Sales upticking from old fogeys like me picking up books they otherwise wouldn't have touched?

#232 06/06/07 11:48 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. smile

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.

#233 06/06/07 12:24 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
No one wants the ZH Legion back
I do!

#234 06/06/07 02:30 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I'd certainly bring back Veilmist and Kent Shakespeare maybe as a healer?

I would also bring them back a few months after the Magic Wars. Have the founders rejoin after MW to bring stability to the Legion. Induct atleast three new members right away. Have the Academy be like the New Mutants as others have suggested. Make sure the new members are the best and brightest heroes around. Maybe have a new member with a similiar "useless" power save the day like Bouncing Boy and join, etc.

And I agree no earth, galaxy, universe threats for atleast 30 issues. smile

#235 06/06/07 06:03 PM
Active
Active
For me, it would be important that as many of the old stories as possible will still be valid in the new continuity. The classics, the Shooter Legion, the dead Legionnaires (yes, even Chem), the relationships and so on.

I doubt that anything of 5YL will be returning, which I consider a pity cause I liked the stories and their complexity a whole lot but I guess it's too much to hope for. I don't even believe that the time period of Magic Wars will be back, I rather guess they might start right after the LSV Baxter series start (when KK was killed).

What else should be back? Certainly NOT XS and Monstress, though I am open to new characters as long as the old ones are all returning (including Magnetic Kid and Tellus).

If the old stories keep their validity, then let there be new adventures for our long missed heroes. I guess there's a million of stories to be told. Considering the complexity of modern storytelling, there might even be potential for a new 5YL - SciFi superhero stories "Lost" style...

#236 06/06/07 06:06 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I forgot about the codename Phase. I'd take Phase or Apparition before Phantom Woman. smile

No one wants the ZH Legion back but everybody wants elements/characters of it. Gates and XS being the frontrunners. Those were my personal favorites. I like Dragonmage as well.
Wasn't Dragonmage already there Pre-ZH? I remember him as a "Legionnaires" character pretty soon in that series... had a Trading Card of him...

And no, I don't want any ZH characters back smile Especially not XS (quote Marv Wolfman: It's very hard to write a decent team story with a speedster in it... you always have to explain why he wasn't there first and solved all the problems til the rest of the team arrived).

#237 06/06/07 06:32 PM
XS was one of my favorite reboot additions. She was sweet, young, in over her head (at first), and fun.

As for Marv Wolfman's objection, it could apply to any number of very powerful characters, including Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Wildfire.

#238 06/06/07 07:48 PM
Deputy
Deputy
My wish list:

-Everything very close to preboot history

-I'm happy to see KK and Sensor Girl at the same time. I'm mildly curious about how this happened, but continuity bumps have never bothered me too much

-I'd like to see the Emerald Empress (Sarya) alive and kicking. Maybe the eye takes the dust of Sarya's body and puts it back together...

-Most of the other stuff that I'd like to see can be introduced as future storylines. I'd like to have Gates, Xs, Kid Quantum II and yes, Monstress, as full-fledged Legionnaires. I've also always prefered Andromeda to Supergirl, but I realize that I'm in a minority here (I am firmly in the the-less-supercousins-in-the-Legion-the-better camp: although I appreciate the positive influence the Legion had on both Superman and Supergirl, I'd rather keep the Supercousins' involvement in future Legion stories to a minimum). Nightwind and Veilmist would also be cool inductees...

-Resurrections? Not a fan. I know, I've just accepted one, KK, proposed another one, the Empress, and am about to discuss a third one. I'm not exactly consequent. But Ferro Lad, Chem and possibly even Magnetic Kid, depending on where exactly we are on the timeline, should remain dead. I am also happy if we never see Tyroc again

-Having said that, I think it would be a great pity to lose Lyle. His death in the preboot was so exceedingly badly written that I was never sure that he was really dead, in spite of constantly being hit on the head with his golden statue. Maybe he could return from that spirit dimension where he supposedly is (or not? I really can't tell). I just love that character, especially in the way he was written in the reboot

-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

So there. That's what I want. And oh, yes, if for some miraculous reason the possibility opens up of having more than one Legion comic book, I would much rather have both titles in the same universe, whichever one that is. I realize that losing the reboot or the threeboot (or even the preboot) Legions sucks for fans who like them, but I would personally much rather dedicate the new space to flesh out one universe. I guess it's a matter of preference, an that is mine.

#239 06/06/07 09:16 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm just chomping at the bit at the *hint* that the Legion could come back. DC could really recapture what Marvel has thrown away, a chance to write a book about *heroes,* filled with hope and adventure and yes, the occasional tragedy.

I think my favorite threeboot change, other than all the sex goin' on ('cause I'm a grown-up know, and the thought of a dozen good-looking teenagers being so monogamous looks pretty anachronistic by modern standards, let alone future standards) would be the buffing up of Dream Girl. The issue with the pre-cops was awesome. I didn't like *at all* the changes they made to Element Lad, or even Triplicate Girl, but Dream Girl really blossomed for me in the threeboot. Even if she's returned to her bubblehead affectation, I would love to see her turn out to be able to use her precognition in combat.

#240 06/06/07 09:59 PM
Leader
Leader
Colorful costumes. Drab, uniformly uniform, and or non-descript costumes just make everything look less fun.

#241 06/07/07 02:14 PM
Active
Active
-Oh, and before I forget, if we go back to a close-to-preboot continuity, I want Yera to die a horrible death. I've always HATED her, although I don't know exactly why. (Yes, I do, why did CB ever agree to marry her? The impersonator of someone he supposedly loved? I've never understood. I'd rather have Colossal Boy as a widower.)

Yes I Hate Yera, too.
And bring back Spider Girl and Veilmist.

From UK with glamour.
#242 06/07/07 02:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Not only do I hate Yera, I hate R.J. Brande (Durlan or human), the little Ranzz tykes, and Invisible Kid II. Kill 'em all, or better yet, make sure they never existed in this continuity!

#243 06/07/07 02:35 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
No way! The Ranzz tykes rock! The other three can be whited out for all I care, though... wink

#244 06/07/07 02:49 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Bah! Jacques Foqart or bust!

#245 06/07/07 02:56 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Doctor One, we might have to settle for Laurel KENT instead of Gand. But I wouldn't mind a female daxamite either. wink

I agree with Empress returning to "life". But I rather leave all the rest dead.

Yera and the Ranzz twins rock!!!

#246 06/07/07 04:05 PM
I liked Yera, too, nothwithstanding the dubious circumstances of her arrival and marriage to Gim. (Which only shows how screwed up they both were!)

But Yera as the civilian wife of a Legionnaire had possibilities, which were only briefly touched on in her final appearance in v.3. Yera and Gim have an argument over his risking his neck while still injured, yet she also throws in the fact that he's spending more time with the Legion than with her and suggests that she gave up her acting career to be his wife. All of this mirrors real anxieties married couples face, particularly when one of them is a police officer or a soldier. I would like to have seen this explored some before Giffen threw everything ahead five years.

The fact that Gim and Yera had a biracial marriage and that she came from a culture that was shunned by others served as a metaphor for similar issues today. I don't recall it being explored much, but the potential was there.

#247 06/07/07 05:09 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Plus how nice is to have a shape-shifting wife?! wink

#248 06/07/07 05:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Probably about as nice as it is for her to have a husband that grow to gigantic size! wink

#249 06/07/07 07:26 PM
See, that's why they stayed married. (Who says there' no realism in comics? love

#250 06/11/07 06:22 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ooh, just remembered something I'd love to see return to the Legion.

Reader participation. Back in the day, it was sixteen different kinds of cool that readers got to vote for Legion leader, got the chance to propose characters to appear in the tryouts and were encouraged to send in costume designs.

I don't care how dorktastic it was, it was the coolest thing ever, actually soliciting the fans to contribute their kooky ideas.

#251 06/11/07 06:27 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I want to pick up from the end of ''The Legion'' #34 (minus Superboy, who could trip over a brick or something), but I'm sure that surprises no-one smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#252 06/11/07 07:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The try-out issue.

Those are always fun.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#253 06/12/07 04:33 PM
Active
Active
Probably about as nice as it is for her to have a husband that grow to gigantic size! [Wink]

You heard it here first folks ZERA IS A SIZE QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Bring back the super-cousins
#254 06/12/07 04:45 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Yeah I love the try out issues!

#255 06/12/07 04:58 PM
Active
Active
i would love Laurel Kent back as a legion member...hey it can happen in the mulitiverse there had to have been decsendanance of superman in the 31th century.

Bring back the super-cousins
#256 06/12/07 05:13 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I'd like Laurel Kent back as well. But I wouldn't mind a female daxamite also. I prefer a brunette. wink And not a Gand. Make it less complicated. She's born a mutant with no weakness to lead.

Ultra Jorge #992356 09/14/20 02:24 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
What do I want?

I want a moratorium on any and all previous Legion creators, even the ones whose Legion works I love.

Old Legion, meet New Perspective.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Ultra Jorge #992359 09/14/20 05:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
^^Not just previous Legion creators. Anyone *established* in comics, imo.

Give the series to someone young and fresh.

Ultra Jorge #992369 09/15/20 04:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A comment by Elliott S! Maggin regarding Superman could apply here:

What you've got are a bunch of people who are in a marginally remunerative business only because they love it, each intent on establishing a personal legacy. So everyone who contrives to find himself in a position of some influence takes it upon himself to make massive changes.

The problem is that what they are building upon is an enormous heritage of popular culture and public awareness, the kind of foundation no amount of money can buy. Clark Kent is a more prominent journalist than Isikoff, Woodward, Hanity and Edward R Murrow for heaven's sakes combined. Superman is more famous than the president - whoever is president. So when you walk into that house intent on changing everything you?re going to get blown away pretty surely.

The key is not to impose your notions of immortality on an immortal icon, but simply to build on the heritage in place. That's what works. Nothing else does. The character's origin has been told and retold by better storytellers than you. So add to it; don't start by throwing it out.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Ultra Jorge #992374 09/15/20 11:12 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I think I heard a rumor that Hickman was interested in the doing the Legion before they gave it to Bendis.
I've heard good things about his Fantastic 4.

Ultra Jorge #992376 09/15/20 01:27 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I haven't one single solitary kind word to say about Jonathan Hickman.

So I shan't say any more.

Ultra Jorge #992382 09/15/20 07:52 PM
Wanderer
Online Content
Wanderer
I want all of it to matter and I want all the potential and possibility back.

I want there to be room to tell stories about the Reboot, the Threeboot, the Retroboot. I want the rampant, ill-thought out attempts to "fix" the continuity to stop because they aren't helping they're just making things more convoluted.

Fat Cramer #992385 09/15/20 08:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
A comment by Elliott S! Maggin regarding Superman could apply here:

What you've got are a bunch of people who are in a marginally remunerative business only because they love it, each intent on establishing a personal legacy. So everyone who contrives to find himself in a position of some influence takes it upon himself to make massive changes.

The problem is that what they are building upon is an enormous heritage of popular culture and public awareness, the kind of foundation no amount of money can buy. Clark Kent is a more prominent journalist than Isikoff, Woodward, Hanity and Edward R Murrow for heaven's sakes combined. Superman is more famous than the president - whoever is president. So when you walk into that house intent on changing everything you?re going to get blown away pretty surely.

The key is not to impose your notions of immortality on an immortal icon, but simply to build on the heritage in place. That's what works. Nothing else does. The character's origin has been told and retold by better storytellers than you. So add to it; don't start by throwing it out.
Great quote.

Sarcasm Kid #992387 09/15/20 09:10 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
I want all of it to matter and I want all the potential and possibility back.

I want there to be room to tell stories about the Reboot, the Threeboot, the Retroboot. I want the rampant, ill-thought out attempts to "fix" the continuity to stop because they aren't helping they're just making things more convoluted.

Yeah, I'd love to have a situation where we'd get roughly annual teamups between multiple versions of the Legion, ala the old JLA/JSA teamups. Embrace the scale.

Ultra Jorge #992398 09/16/20 06:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Still wishing for a number of mini-series featuring each Legion, either new stories or dealing with some dropped plot from before. I'd also like to see a Legion Challenge, like the Kamandi Challenge DC did a few years ago.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Ultra Jorge #992403 09/16/20 10:06 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Adventure Comics, featuring rotating arcs from different versions of the Legion!

Ultra Jorge #992417 09/17/20 03:41 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Here's a thought: What if each change of writers was considered a separate continuity?

Ultra Jorge #992434 09/17/20 04:05 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Today, I'd have it look just like the newest version of the Legion. The constant need to reboot, haemorrhages fans. Rebooting yet again won't help. We know very little about the new cast. There's nothing to stop writers grafting bits of the old as well as creating the new, onto what we have.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #992435 09/17/20 04:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Today, I'd have it look just like the newest version of the Legion. The constant need to reboot, haemorrhages fans. Rebooting yet again won't help. We know very little about the new cast. There's nothing to stop writers grafting bits of the old as well as creating the new, onto what we have.
Well put. I agree.

thoth lad #992459 09/18/20 12:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally Posted by thoth lad

I'd still want them to adjust Element Lad (he can change himself), Phantom Girl (maybe she goes through another dimension and looks the old way again), Shrinking Violet, Star Boy, White Witch,

Interested to see if Timberwolf's big ears from last issue is a "change" for battle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,979
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Satire Lad
Satire Lad
Eniam, near the Land of the Port.
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star