Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How do you plan to get drunk this weekend?
#214679 04/14/04 02:12 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Well? What fun and creative ways to you use to make drinking even more fun?

Here's a glimpse of some upcoming good ones for me! Next Weekend (not this one), UCONN begins their annual 'Spring Weekend', a time of the year notorious for massive drinking, as thousands of students (a lot that don't even go there!) gather together at HUGE parties and go crazy! It's a tradition up here, and every year is crazier than the last. All four years at UCONN, I looked forward to it every year!

My girlfriend is still a senior there, and all three of my roomates opted for a fifth year, so I visit at UCONN all the time this year, since I know literally thousands of people there. So...since I'm too young to quit goofing around yet, I've decided to visit UCONN throw-out their entire spring weekend! That's right! No work, no class, no nothing, just partying!

Here's the game plan:

Tuesday- Beer Pong Tournament might as well start the weekend earlier than usual. Beer Pong is fun, although becomes too filling after awhile, which is why I substitute beer with rum and coke, whiskey and ginger ale, jungle juice, or even the old college favorite: cheap vodka and kool-aid! Best way to play is in a tournament type form, although if you can go teams of three (two guys and a girl), it can be even more fun!

Wednesday- Since Wednesday is still early in the week (for some), all the people who really don't care about responsibility will be the core drinkers during the day time. I plan to do a nice power-hour , a sixty minute tape that changes songs every minute. Therefore, each time a new song comes on (every minute), you take a shot of beer. It equals about six or seven beers in an hour, although this is also fun with mixed drinks, or even with shots every thirty, twenty or even ten minutes! Centuries (100 minutes) and Double Power Hour Extravaganza's are fun too!

After that, Wednesday Night will be a great bar night, with "Nickle Night" specials. All well-drinks are a nickel! How do they pull that off? Who knows, who cares!

Thursday- Thursday reall kicks off Spring Weekend, and almost everyone skips class and work. All day drinking, with BBQ's and hundreds of people congregating together should ensue nicely. Nothing beats a good game of Flip Cup , especially if a large amount of females join in on the fun. Large teams of seven or eight against each other are great, and uses something like jungle juice should get the buzz flowing nicely!

At UCONN, the Thursday tradition is Kill A Keg where up to five to six thousands kids will come together on a long strip of apartment complexes, and drink relentlessly. Each apartment house is supposed to buy a large amount of kegs, so that hundreds of kegs are consumed! It gets so out of hand, that police officers don't even attempt arresting drunk people, and just try to maintain order with smiles and by helping anyone who needs it. Great stuff, some years you can even take pictures with cops!

Friday- this is probably the best day of all, where you're in the thick of it and there's still a day or so left. All day drinking with a combo of the previous days drinking games added in with new ones like card games of Kings, Drug Dealer, Drunk Driver, and even lots of drugs (if you're into that) make for a good buzz!

Friday night is another great UCONN tradition, at a place called Celeron where even more people gather and do the exact same thing as the night before! Don't forget, this is THOUSANDS of people, all kids from 18 to 23 wink .

Sure, there are things like fights, cars getting tipped over, bonfires and other stuff, but usually everyone is so happy, that this is limited.

Saturday- The last day to go nuts, and usually the most nuts of all. All kinds of insanity. UCONN itself sponsors mud-volleyball tournaments, BBQ's, Fair type rides and other things.

One of the bars up here traditionally hold "Kegs and Eggs" for anyone up for breakfast, where you can drink all morning and eat breakfast food.

At night is the CRAZIEST night of all at UCONN, at X-Lot . It is absolutely infamous, and is often shown in Playboy magazine and on television stations, and thousands come together for drinking and craziness in one giant parking lot. Last year, there was an estimated 12,000 kids together going crazy in one place. It's madness, and is a ton of fun. Usually, you lose all your friends, see everyone you ever met there, and have a blast.

It should be a good week!

Sunday, as usual is very tiring. Lots of sleeping, water and thinking "Ugh...why'd I have that extra shotgun...?"

So...how are you drinking this weekend?

Re: How do you plan to get drunk this weekend?
#214680 04/14/04 02:24 PM
Leader
Leader
Well I'm heading down to UCLA this weekend to visit a friend in med school and if past experiences are any indication, med students know how to party! Sadly though, being in LA means I won't be around for "Drunken Mario Kart". Have you played Mario Kart for Gamecube? In our version, the winner and the fourth place finisher both have to take a shot/drink so that the first place finisher eventually gets effected by the alcohol and well no one wants to be completely wasted so they try not to be fourth place all the time either.

#214681 04/14/04 04:16 PM
Active
Active
My job - a gossip gathering journalist - means that I get pissed for free a lot. Why, just last night I ended up pure drunk off my face on free champagne at a GQ party.

This isn't as much as a larf as it first may seem. Coz if you have to do it 3 nights a week you don't feel like seeing your pals the other days - or else you'd be a pure drunkard!

Boo hoo! How sad! (ie I had to pay for my drinks tonight at the Scissor Sisters gig. They're over rated if you ask me...)

#214682 04/14/04 04:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Comet King:
Boo hoo! How sad! (ie I had to pay for my drinks tonight at the Scissor Sisters gig. They're over rated if you ask me...)
i liked their single [ the PINK FLOYD cover ] and after reading all the reviews, in every magazine saying how good they were, i had to buy the cd !!!

i thought it was ok ... but not amazing !!! most of the tracks had a very 70's ELTON JOHN sound to them [ which isn't bad, but i didn't really want to own an album, full of songs like that !!! some of them reminded me a little of something from ... say, the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW !!?? ]

so i took it back, and got something else !!!

Matthew.

#214683 04/14/04 05:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For me it involves a baseball bat, a video camera, and possibly a little money from America's funniest home video's. You know, the ol' "spin around a bat standing on the ground until dizzy, then get hit in the groin by a baseball while falling over and having my pants pulled down by the fence that is crushed under a limb from a tree that is being cut by a guy on a ladder leaning on the section that is being cut off".

either that, or actually getting my dog pissy drunk and laughing at him. wink

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#214684 04/15/04 07:44 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Well, first I have to head over to wherever Cobie is so he can sneak me into some bars and get me drunk, then I have to pay him to hop on a plane and bring me back home. Also, I have to come up with some good excuse for my parents explaining my 48 hour absence, and then I would have to beg my teacher not to drop me from the list of club officers for missing two days worth of meetings, but it's worth it!

#214685 04/15/04 01:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You've got to be kidding. wink wink

(I used to be able to drink like that...)

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#214686 04/15/04 02:05 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I don't plan on getting drunk, I think booze is, how do you say...icky.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#214687 04/15/04 02:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Sounds like fun Cobie. :giggle: smile

Pass me my Super Lollypop.
#214688 04/15/04 03:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I plan on going to London with GG and getting slowly but powerfully drunk by a slow but steady application of alcohol spread over the entire weekend.

But dont tell GG i think she has other plans wink

Faithfull
#214689 04/18/04 04:34 PM
Active
Active
Hope you had a good one Mr FL!

Alas, once again I had to pay for my booze at tonight's Peaches gig. She was better than the Scissor Sisters, and even had a dancer who was able to spin 15 hula hoops around her body at the same time!

#214690 04/18/04 05:03 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Well? What fun and creative ways to you use to make drinking even more fun? you drinking this weekend?
Yowzers! Here's a tip - try an Absinthe Fountain!

Now, I've only had this once, and only found one place that knows how to do it - but it's basically a glass of champagne with an absinthe sugar lump in! And it's flaming fantastic! Seriously, if you want to start off a one-way trip to oblivion in style, this is the beverage you need...

#214691 04/19/04 08:14 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Well, the festivities will begin tomorrow for me wink .

Everyone wish me luck in making sure that I have fun but not TOO much fun wink ...

#214692 04/19/04 11:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Best of luck, Cobie. Try not to burn out all your brain cells in one place.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#214693 04/24/04 11:40 PM
K
Substitute
Substitute
K
s'after the weekend here & the methodology used was:

get home from work drink beer.

drink scotch to help beer.

go to bar, order Long Island iced teas (favourite drink at the moment).

while waiting for LIIT preperation have shot (cointreau).

order again. have shot (jagermeister).

order again. have shot (cowboy).

preperation of drink slow. nother shot (black sambucca).

get given free jugs o beer by staff.

home. sleep. wake up do housework.

NOTE: water was drunk between some of these drinks & am biologically immune to hangovers.

going to pub now.

#214694 04/25/04 10:45 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Freakin' boose hounds, you guys would be great to hangout with my friends mom, Joni, she makes me steal bear for her.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#214695 04/27/04 12:49 PM
Leader
Leader
So Cobie, I assume you survived? Did you drink enough so that your sweat faintly reeks of liquor? That's always fun...

#214696 07/29/07 12:47 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
dude, I neededthis! sucha harsh three weeks!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#214697 07/30/07 11:30 AM
Deputy
Deputy
This weekend coming I'm off to a wedding - so that'll involve Champagne (to toast the happy couple), lager - because thats simple obligatory if I'm in a pub, and Whisky - as I'm in Scotland. Doubt I'll see much of Sunday then....

#214698 08/02/08 09:57 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'm there

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#214699 08/03/08 10:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I drank a bit last night but never really felt drunk, only slightly buzzed.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#214700 05/18/12 02:22 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I just mixed myself a spiced rum and diet cola. Eff it. No employer is going to call me this late in the week. They're probably all out drinking lunch themselves.

tongue

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">COBIE MADE ME DO IT!!11</span></span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#214701 05/28/12 10:36 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
That shall be my catchphrase from now on - COBIE MADE ME DO IT!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Emily Sivana
Emily Sivana
Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star