Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 45 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 05:00 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
For the sake of Phil Jimenez
#255748 01/05/12 12:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Okay guys, for those of you who have not heard, Phil Jimenez's mother, Pam Peterson, died last week after struggling with lung cancer for the last few months. Phil had been by her side since. His blog, She Used To Be Me, details how he's been taking care of her, as well as his thoughts and memories growing up and certain comic-related details. You can read it here.

http://philjimeneznyc.wordpress.com/

Now, Phil is slated to appear at Boston Comic Con this April. I myself am going to be attending that con like I did last year.

I don't think Pam's death is going to warrant the extra mile the comics community went through when Michael Turner died. That sounds mean, yes, but this is where WE come in.

Phil has become a living cornerstone in comics through his work on Wonder Woman and the Titans. And one of his most recent works is a run on Adventure Comics which reintroduced the Legion Academy. Phil is slated to work on the latest Fables spin-off, Fairest.

As a show of appreciation to Phil for the hard work and effort he's given over the years, I suggest this: any Legion Worlder who would like to extend condolences or sympathy to Phil, put that emotion inside a card or a letter. It doesn't have to be fancy or completely in-depth, just write or do what you can. Anyone who is interested, send me a private message through LW, a note on DA, a message on facebook, or an e-mail, and I'll send you my mailing address. Then I'll bring everything with me to Boston in April and give the letters to Phil when I see him.

We've all lost somebody, or we're in the process of losing someone. Personally I lost two people last year, and two people I know are both dealing with some form of cancer with varying degrees of difficulty.

Phil Jimenez is no more or no less special than any of us, any of YOU. Especially to me. Please don't think that just because he's a famous comic artist he deserves special attention. But if there was ever a moment where Phil deserved to fully understand how much we appreciate his efforts, I think that's now. Does that make sense?

If anybody is interested, let me know.

Peace.

Re: For the sake of Phil Jimenez
#255749 01/16/12 06:50 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
UPDATE

Phil will be at a signing at Midtown Comics in March.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,104
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Omni Craig
Omni Craig
Santa Ana, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star