Roll Call
1 members (Reboot), 55 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 07:31 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/14/24 07:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 04:49 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 05/14/24 04:38 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:33 PM
Errors on Main Forum Page
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/14/24 04:27 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 79 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 78 79
Re: Café Cramer - Always Open
#258818 02/15/11 02:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lemmie get a coffee in me Cobie...

<Picks up a cup of Cramer's House Blend and downs it in two gulps. Pours another cup and plops down in a neaby booth gesturing to the second bench.>

Have a seat Cobie... I'm all ears...

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#258819 02/15/11 02:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<comes in through a back door wearing a holo-disguise and sits in a dark corner table>

I see my intel was correct that Quank's in here. Huh? Cobie, too? I'm gonna find out for myself what Quank's up to. This "sobering up" better not be a front. If I catch him abusing that ring while drunk, I'll be bringing him in!

<tunes up special earpiece which allows him to hear Cobie and Abin's conversation>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#258820 02/15/11 08:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<lumbers in and smacks his fist down on the counter>

Venti chum latte, extra bloody...

<grabs his drink and, neglecting to greet his fellow LMBers, goes and sulks in the corner>

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#258821 02/16/11 01:51 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[slips in long enough to grab a small to-go soy mocha and to slip Sharky a handwritten note]

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Dude, if that's your ship parked outside, I'd tiptoe out and move it from the "reserved" area to the "compact" area of the space-lot.

Normally, The Chief's pretty easygoing about these things, but lately... well, you know.

-- cleome</span></span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#258822 02/16/11 02:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<sits down across from Abin>

You might be wondering a few things. How the heck did I sober up? Did I really go on that long of a binger? And what the heck happened during that time? Well guess what. A lot of Legion Worlders who haven’t been on bingers are having similar memory problems. My healing abilities have someway let my mind reclaims those missing memories but it’s taken me awhile to ‘wake up’.

There are some dark things going on here on Legion World. And we need you now more than ever. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and jump back into the fight.

Space Ranger was working on some things with me but he’s been out of contact for a few months. All the things going down these last few months…Zardi, the tobacco drug ring, Lardy being shot…they’re all connected.

Honestly, we can’t be sure whose listening in anymore. So I’ll tell you this: don’t trust the Luck Lords. Oh and abundant caution does no harm

You may have felt lost…and I feel for you…

<at this, Cobalt stands up and puts his hand on Abin’s shoulder, showing years of friendship make Cobalt feel some real compassion for Abin>

…but we need you now…and this is the path back…

<exits>

#258823 02/16/11 03:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Stares at Cobalt's back as he exits.>

"Dont trust the Luck Lords?" Hmmm...

<Downs his coffee and gets up to pour another cup.>

Ring, take me to STU's Mansion

<Abin Vanishes and his cup of coffee falls to the floor, shattering and splashing hot coffee on Chief Lardy's disguised leg.>

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#258824 02/16/11 03:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
<Two minutes earlier, we see a furtive looking Exnihil at a small table, puffing on a Carggite tri-gar, straining to hear a conversation from across the room>

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...the things going down these last few months…

...the tobacco drug ring...
<a furious barrista comes to Ex's table, and slams down her order pad>

Barrista: EX! How many times do I have to tell you? Cafe Cramer is NON-Smoking! One more time and you're banned!

<Annoyed, Ex puts the butt of his tri-gar into the dregs of his mug as she storms away. He surreptitiously leans a bit closer to the conversation, hoping to get another snippet>

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...can’t be sure whose listening in anymore...
<a wry grin crosses Ex's lips>

Indeed...

#258825 02/16/11 08:53 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Drat! That wasn't helpful at all! Des somehow knew I was here. All the magnetic rassin'-frassin' cloaking I put in this tech was for nought...

...and he's protecting Quank as usual. Every instinct I have is telling me to keep an eye on Quank, and I'll get to the bottom of this cloud of secrecy that's shrouding Legion World lately.
Maybe he's sobered up, and that's no longer an issue...but it's really bothering me.

Man, I'm missing the Lard Force I could tail Quank anywhere in an instant. As it is, I need to find someone more natural at espionage...

<leaves>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#258826 02/16/11 08:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<sits in the corner nursing his chum latte>

Hey! Keep it down over there! I've got a wicked hangover... wait, where did everybody go?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#258827 02/17/11 01:25 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
<slowly walks in, dirty stained and with more than a few burns on his face and hands>

Ugh, what a day. Hecubus and Succubus almost crashed the Powersphere, we're lucky we still have power today. Don't know what went wrong...everything was running smooth then it all went to hell for no good reason. Hook me up with a Tharrian Java, the blacker the better...I need it.

#258828 02/20/11 02:09 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Kid walks into the place with a smile. He walks up to the counter and orders a tall Terreano and a cookie. He asked the barista, "Hey, what other locations do you have?"

"Umm...I don't know. You would have to talk to the manager," she said.

"Okay, I can wait," He sat down and pulled out a travel guide to read. He heard Istanbul was nice this time of year.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#258829 02/26/11 10:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev enters Cramers and starts looking around for Jailbait Lass.

He walks up to the counter and ordersa coffee.

"Has anyone seen Jailbait Lass?"

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#258830 02/26/11 10:55 PM
Active
Active
<in the background a local saxophone player finishes a steamy tune as the aroma of exotic coffee washes over Dev-Em's senses; he turns to see a stunning beauty stand up; her body says she's not yet 20 years old but her eyes tell a different story; but above all, Dev can see she's vulnerable>

I don't go by that code name anymore. But yes, I'm her.

What can I do for you, Officer?

#258831 02/26/11 11:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Lolita. I'm really sorry to ask you this, but I'm looking for Cobalt Kid...Des. Chief Taylor said that you might have some useful information for us."

#258832 02/26/11 11:20 PM
Active
Active
<a smile comes to her lips but one of humor or joy--one of recognizing there are some things you just can't escape>

I should have known. Take a seat, Officer. I can use another cup.

<she uses her fingers to move the hair out of her eyes>

Dev-Em, right? I can tell you don't know me that well. But I know you. I know all of you. I was what you'd call Cobie's partner for many years. I was his chief intelligence officer...his Oracle if you will.

Lard Lad knows we're estranged, Cobie and I. I'm a little offended he's using that to send you here.

Do I know what Cobie is doing? I have my suspicions. Do I know where is heading? Quite frankly, I think so. But why in the world would I tell you? I just want to be left alone. This LMBP madness has taken enough from me.

#258833 02/26/11 11:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev sits down and orders her another cup.

"Yes, it's Dev Em. Sorry, I can't speak for Lardy's motives in sending me here. All I can say is that we need to find him and Exnihil. We believe that they have information we need for an investigation we are involved with."

Dev took a sip of his coffee.

"If you know who I am, and know anything about me, then you know that I am here because I need to be, because you can help us...and no other reason."

#258834 02/26/11 11:42 PM
Active
Active
You're a good man, Dev. Maybe a little too good to get mixed up with Lardy and Cobie and their gray-colored motivations.

The truth is Cobie hurt me really bad. But at the end if the day we believe the same things. So if he's doing it, chances are, I'd be right there supporting him, pushing for the same things. That's a betrayal I don't want to make.

<crosses arms and looks away>

I think sometimes you LMBP guys are a little too apt to push each other too hard. Maybe Exnihil is a little beside the point. You're all going to need to work together to deal with the real threat.

#258835 02/26/11 11:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Believe me, I know all about being hurt by people you care about. Furball is mixed up in this as well. He's sided with Cobie and took Lardy and I by surprise earlier today. He's even given up the game he's been playing for years. "

Dev takes another sip of his coffee.

"I have a feeling you know about this as well. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture here...but I am not sure what to think right now. The fact is though, I am a Security Officer on Legion World and I have a job to do, and until I have proof that Lardy is up to something that is detrimental to the People of Legion World, I am bound by what I believe in, adn that is doing my job to the best of my ability."

"Please help me. If Des is telling the truth, or is right about what is going on...he's got nothing to be afraid of by meeting me, without Lardy. I'm willing to listen to him."

#258836 02/27/11 12:05 AM
Active
Active
If it comes down to it, I'll step in and do my part to make sure Legion World's protectors are united. But I'm sorry Dev, there isn't anything I can do to help you.

Cobie is a lot like your friend Furball. What the public sees is a cover. Behind that facade is a man with little humor and an inability to connect with any other sentients out of a fear of losing focus of his duty to the LMBP and Legion World. No law, no code, no authority mean anything to him. Only what he sees as his home. You may or may not know that something terrible happened to him years ago early in his career and he's been changed ever since.

I-I love him...but I'm telling you because this charade has to end sooner or later or he's going to end up a victim of his own hubris, and probably dead. This "Great Game" he plays is a dark, black way of life that is rotting at his soul.

Good luck, Dev. I wish I could help. But...but I can't...

<Lolita suddenly gets up and runs out the door, deciding it was time to leave before tears came>

#258837 02/27/11 12:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev just sat there drinking his coffee. Thinking.

#258838 02/27/11 12:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A short while later Dev get's up and heads out of the cafe.

"Well, might as well go back and tell Leardy that I couldn't find her. I think it's time I started getting some answers from people around here."

#258839 02/27/11 11:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
<Slides into a booth in the back of the cafe>

Ohmygod, I wonder what My needs with this?

<Looks at a small data cristal in her hand>

And why she wants me to stay away from Uncle Spacey's office.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#258840 02/27/11 11:52 AM
Substitute
Substitute
<Enters Cramer's thru the back door and slides into the booth across from Brit>

Did you bring... <her question is cut off by Brit sliding the data cristal across the table>

Keep your head down Brit, we're gonna need you and Sam later and you know how both Cobie and Chief Fatbutt feel about him. Personally I think their both a little jealous.

No, I was Never a Bond Girl...
#258841 02/27/11 12:01 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Jealous!?!? Like they're both like ANCIENT!!

<Giggles, then lowers her voice>

Oh and like one other thing, Lolita's in town, and one of Chief Lardbutt's new goons has already 'interviewed' her. Tell Uncle I want her covered. I don't like what I see here and I'm afraid HE might be back.

If I'm like right, it's gonna get ugly...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#258842 02/27/11 12:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Crap on a Stick! You want me to tell Bart you think HE's back?

No, I was Never a Bond Girl...
Page 73 of 79 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 78 79

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,307
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star