Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 40 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 39 40
Re: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
#273568 07/28/08 12:43 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I'm about to depart.

Jason/Kinetix (from the Boston con 05!) was here, so we're up to 32!

I met Quiet Darkness too a few min ago.

Adios! C U when I'm back east!
I actually came by to say hello the first time on Friday, with my oldest daughter dressed as the animated Night Girl. Some photos of that should be appearing eventually, probably on this board.

Jason, also known as Kinetix, I just about had to haul him over by the scruff of his neck to say "hi." He was too busy enjoying his first San Diego.

It was great meeting you all, if briefly those 2 days. I feel like I know all of you, because I've been reading what you have been writing for a very, VERY long time. Hopefully I'll post more and you'll get to know me! Thanks for manning that booth all con so the rest of us could come by and connect:)

Night Girl's mother
Re: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
#273569 07/28/08 12:55 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
A Night Girl costume?! Dag, I'm sorry I missed that. frown I hope those pics get posted soon!

#273570 07/28/08 12:59 AM
Active
Active
It's almost midnight and I've been home for about half an hour. I'm starting to ease back into the reality in which I spend days sitting at a desk writing about banking procedures instead of the one in which I spend days on end hanging out with and geeking out with some of the finest people on the planet. This was a truly amazing weekend. I so enjoyed meeting all of you. Staffing the table, walking the floor, eating great meals, drinking in great bars, and talking comics and the Legion at every opportunity, all of it was just everything I could have asked for.

Highlight of the weekend? Meeting my roommates and knowing that I hadn't made a huge mistake in committing to sharing a room with three near-strangers. Many thanks to Suddenly Seymour, Kent Shakespeare, and Rockhopper Lad for being the best roommates I could have asked for. And my apologies if I woke any of you up coming back from the bar this morning.

Second highlight? Getting one of the splash pages of LSH 297 (the conclusion of the Great Darkness) signed by Giffen and Levitz. I'm still reeling a bit inside over that.

My pics will be forthcoming later in the week.

#273571 07/28/08 07:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Caliente:
A Night Girl costume?! Dag, I'm sorry I missed that. frown I hope those pics get posted soon!
I've got a pic of that wonderful costume with its mile-high beehive and will post when I get home (and have finished mowing the grass).

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#273572 07/28/08 08:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b]when's the one on the east coast?

<splash>
Maybe at Charlotte next year for a "mini-Ultimate Meet-up"? I've never been to a con in my life, but I could easily finagle getting to that one. If any of my buds here are hame, then I'll make it happen! Somethin' to think about anyway--I know you guys are probably burned out for at least a couple months.

(of course my fear would be that I could never come CLOSE to livin' up to my legend laugh ) [/b]
sounds good to me ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#273573 07/28/08 10:17 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by QuietDarkness:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]I'm about to depart.

Jason/Kinetix (from the Boston con 05!) was here, so we're up to 32!

I met Quiet Darkness too a few min ago.

Adios! C U when I'm back east!
I actually came by to say hello the first time on Friday, with my oldest daughter dressed as the animated Night Girl. Some photos of that should be appearing eventually, probably on this board.

Jason, also known as Kinetix, I just about had to haul him over by the scruff of his neck to say "hi." He was too busy enjoying his first San Diego.

It was great meeting you all, if briefly those 2 days. I feel like I know all of you, because I've been reading what you have been writing for a very, VERY long time. Hopefully I'll post more and you'll get to know me! Thanks for manning that booth all con so the rest of us could come by and connect:)[/b]
QD (hey! that rhymes with "cutie"! sort of)

I am soo glad you did stop by (and drag Jason too). While any lurkers are obviously within their rights, as a former (brief) lurker, I can promise any and all it's more fun to dive on in!

Meeting you and other lurkers was good for us, too. It was an excellent reminder of how many great people pop in to watch our sheninegans, that it isn't merely for our own amusement!

As something of a writer and artist myself, feedback of non-participants (or occasional participants or future participants or... hey! I'm getting off track!) about what works and what doesn't is always helpful... even in the sense that LW itself is sort of one big collaborative creative effort.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#273574 07/28/08 10:47 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I don't think I can quality as a lurker any more. I'm starting to post tongue

Barry Kitson suggested that my daughter and I might like to participate in Legion World at the Wizard World Texas where he and Mark were reintroducing the 3 Boot. So I've lurked awhile. Unlike most lurkers though, I eventually joined and introduced myself.

Night Girl's mother
#273575 07/28/08 11:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
BTW, I think after seeing all those pix, that I'm developing a mancrush on Rocky! shocked wink
Oh, I'm already there. wink Cobie, I was sorry to hear about your fiancee's family. Hope everything is going well!

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#273576 07/28/08 12:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
So here's some photos to start. For some reason my photos of LWers involve drinking...

SDCC
Updated.

See Cobie do what he does best- grab a girl and mug for the camera.

View Vu being forceful.

You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.

Just spouting off.
#273577 07/28/08 02:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

Barry Kitson suggested that my daughter and I might like to participate in Legion World at the Wizard World Texas where he and Mark were reintroducing the 3 Boot. So I've lurked awhile. Unlike most lurkers though, I eventually joined and introduced myself.
Great Space!! I was there, Nov. 2005, right! Didya see me! laugh

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#273578 07/28/08 02:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Two quick things before I forget.

Leaving on Sunday at the crack of dawn, who was on my flight but none other then Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead and the new Scotty in Star Trek. I was to shy to ask for a picture, I needed Cali to be at my side.

Also, I come to work Monday morning and my desk has been covered in foil. My chair, my keyboard, monitio, mouse pad, my favorite pen --- I will post a pic.

#273579 07/28/08 02:41 PM
K
Substitute
Substitute
K
Hanging out in the San Antonio airport waiting for my connection.... here are pictures of Sidra as the animated version of Night Girl, with links to her as the Silver Age and Grell versions (making her Triplicate Night Girl) and a picture of Cali asking umm like a question for Geoff Johns.

#273580 07/28/08 02:51 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
[QUOTE]
You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.
STU, you cheap bastich... buy a Ferro Lad helmet already. :rolleyes:

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#273581 07/28/08 02:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[b]
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MLLASH:
<strong>

But who is that flock of hotties around the table? There's those 3 dudes on Caroline's side, and MEL is between 2 other dudes, and there's a chick in pink. Apologies for not recognizing you, please identify!

Heh heh... LMB SDCC Roll Call, please!

This is so freakin' awesome!
love love love
Lash called me a hottie!!!! My whole existence is validated!!!!! laugh

To the right of Caroline at that dinner picture would be me, Director Lad and Suddenly Seymour. Flanking MEL are Actor Lad and CJ. The lady in pink is Mechana.[/b]
OhmiGAWD!!!! Rocky you are SOOO skinny! Congrats man! OhmiGAWD look how cute Director Lad is in his glasses! And Seymour I could kick my own butt for not recognizing because I've seen that picture of him in a Starman costume, IIRC! Looking GOOD boys! So that's Actor Lad in the cap? Hi guy! And Ceej! CEEJ!! Man, next year I am TOtally going!! And Mechana!!!!! Hi sweetie!!! Pretty in pink! [/b]
Sorry to inform you, they just announced this is the last San Diego con ever. It has really cast a dark pall of gloom over the whole con.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LAST ? I am not sure if I read it correctly since I got back home today. Are you saying that the SD Con won't celebrate their 40th next year? frown that really sucks.

By the way, it was a pleasure meeting some of you and many many thanks to the Quislet for allowing me to have a place to stay. Very much appreciated.

If you have seen a guy wearing a Timber Wolf symbol with orange T-shirt, I was the guy. I have gotten many comments from artists, writers, etc...when they see me wearing this shirt - they exclaimed "Timber Wolf!". I saw one guy wearing a bright Ultra Boy symbol T-Shirt the next day after I wore my T-Wolf shirt. Anyone know him?

Kent - I am so sorry that we did not have the opportunity to meet each other! Perhaps the next year will do - somewhere? I really hope that they will continue the Convention somewhere.

I have been hearing some rumors that the Convention would move to Las Vegas in 2010 or 2012...don't know if it s true. Anyone care to share the info?

#273582 07/28/08 03:22 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Superboy, Quis was just kidding with Lash. They aren't ending the San Diego Con, although I also heard the Las Vegas rumor.

As for next year, most of us don't plan on attending--it would just be too expensive to do it every year--but we did talk about having Legion World get-togethers every two to three years or so in different places, not necessarily in conjunction with a con. Stay tuned for further details.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#273583 07/28/08 03:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!! cool

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#273584 07/28/08 03:24 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
[b] BTW, I think after seeing all those pix, that I'm developing a mancrush on Rocky! shocked wink
Oh, I'm already there. wink Cobie, I was sorry to hear about your fiancee's family. Hope everything is going well![/b]
Gosh, this trip has been so good for my ego! wink

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#273585 07/28/08 03:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I can't BELIEVE you have trouble getting dates, John! shrug smile

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#273586 07/28/08 04:06 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by MLLASH:
QUOTE]Great Space!! I was there, Nov. 2005, right! Didya see me! laugh
If I screwed up the quote thing, forgive me. I'm new to posting here:P

Quite likely I did see you considering we sat in on every DC panel:) It's more likely that you saw my daughter, who at that con was dressed up as the silver aged Batwoman. Mark Waid hit on her in one of the DC panels in front of God and everyone, and I've never let her forget it.

"Sidra, if you hadn't let a little thing like a fiance and Mark being old enough to be your father stop you, you could have controlled the whole darn Legion of Superheroes! What kind of Legion fan are you?"

Edited to add: Mike Grabois's shot of Sidra came out awful. Here's a link to a better one:
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=AnimatedNightGirl.jpg

She used to use her own hair, but she cut it short, so now she resorts to wigs. And yes, we COULD get her hair up that high with her own hair. Aquanet hairspray is Night Girl's secret weapon during the day. All she has to do is bean someone with that hair, and they'll be out like a light.

Night Girl's mother
#273587 07/28/08 06:30 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
It's more likely that you saw my daughter, who at that con was dressed up as the silver aged Batwoman. Mark Waid hit on her in one of the DC panels in front of God and everyone, and I've never let her forget it.
Okay, THAT I remember! lol That Legion panel was our (LASH, Quis Esq. and myself, along with a bunch of other LWers) main reason for attending WWTexas. But it was Memphis where Lashie helped me score ADVENTURE #247... love

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#273588 07/28/08 06:35 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
[qb]You want a LW group shot? You got it- Gary even put a smiley in it.
CJ (and everyone else), you can post my picture if you want.

#273589 07/28/08 06:39 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
In regards to the Judd Winnick thing:

At the Geoff Johns panel, my second question was: "there is a Legionnaire in the new Legion named Dream Boy. Can Superboy Prime punch his head off?"

Geoff Johns: "I'll make a note of it."

Later that night on the roof, as we start discussing comics we hate, a slightly buzzed Stu yells "you should have asked Geoff if Superboy Prime could punch Judd Winnick's head off!"

About four hours later at the bar, an innebriated Stu, Cobie, Cali, and several others are laughing and yelling and STU starts going "I"M GOING TO PUNCH JUDD WINNICK'S HEAD OFF! BAM!!!". And then a punch of us started yelling it. Several times. REALLY loud. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

#273590 07/28/08 06:49 PM
Active
Active
OK so most coverage has been updated today. This is coverage that is more collector centric but almost all have photos of cosplayers:

Michael Crawford\'s Coverage

Action Figure Collector\'s coverage

Figures.com - Now over 5000 photos

Action-Figure. com - They're slow getting the pictures up but are adding things as best they can

Action Figure Insider - Don't like the organization but:
AFI Day 1
AFI Day 2
AFI Day 3
AFI Day 4

ComingSoon.net - Movie coverage and some photos.

I'm pretty sure you all know where to look for Comics coverage.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#273591 07/28/08 06:59 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
Sweet! Thanks!

#273592 07/28/08 07:12 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Well, CJ and I went to get pics with Kirkman on Thursday because I hadn't met him before. CJ had seen him in Colorado and the day before with Scott but the Zombie King, who had recognized our Lightning Lad, still didn't know CJ. It might have something to do with him being an alt-ID...[/QB]
For some reason, I had the hardest time with Robert Kirkman's name. I just couldn't remember it (despite having read over a dozen issues of The Walking Dead).

STU: Where is Jim Woodman?
CJ: Robert Kirkman.

STU: Is that John Kirkwood over there?
CJ: Robert Kirkman.

STU: We tried to see Richard Kirkham, but he wasn't there today.
Lightning Lad: Robert Kirkman.

Page 28 of 40 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
AndrewNolan
AndrewNolan
Pennsylvania
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star