Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40
Re: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
#273743 08/03/08 04:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. smile But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

Either of you up for another? I already have plans of getting the Founders added under my L*.

Re: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
#273744 08/03/08 04:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here are our Disneyland pics . Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.

#273745 08/03/08 04:56 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by mechana:
I'm a little late to the party, but i just wanted to give a shout out to all the LWers I met in SD! I wish I had had more time to spend with you guys. I should have made time; sounds like you all had more fun than I did!

Stu: you really do exist! I was never really sure. Nice talking to you!
It was nice talking to you too!

I do exist, but sometimes even I have to check to be sure... wink

#273746 08/03/08 04:58 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
click to enlarge
lol I feel very conflicted...

#273747 08/03/08 05:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Nice tats, all!

Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Here are our Disneyland pics . Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.
Some great pics of Disneyland. Isn't New Orleans Square cool? Did you get into the hobby of collecting Disney pins? I tell ya, it's horribly addicting!

#273748 08/03/08 05:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by STU:
Nice tats, all!

[b]Here are our Disneyland pics . Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.
Some great pics of Disneyland. Isn't New Orleans Square cool? Did you get into the hobby of collecting Disney pins? I tell ya, it's horribly addicting![/b]
Caroline got started on the Tinker Bell pins. And was disappointed we didn't realize that if she had worn the lanyard and pins we got she could have started trading and getting special pins before we left. Guess we'll be making another trip soon. smile

#273749 08/03/08 05:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here are our tattoo pics. The artist, Kevin Dickinson, has a site for his work. The shop he's currently working at is Nothing Sacred Tattoo at 319 Market Street. Hopefully he'll still be there when we go back to SD. He really put us at ease and was great.

#273750 08/03/08 07:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here are the pics I took from around the con. Some may be repeated but this is the album I loaded all of them up to. You'll notice that Legion World was definitely with us at times. Even waiting in line for the Legion panel.

#273751 08/03/08 07:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Here are the pics I took from around the con. Some may be repeated but this is the album I loaded all of them up to. You'll notice that Legion World was definitely with us at times. Even waiting in line for the Legion panel.
I see some of the pictures that has me there...I m the guy who wore Green Lantern t-shirt...and hated the double-chinner on my face....ewwww...gotta work to remove it. frown

#273752 08/03/08 07:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself while you were there superboymddjr.

#273753 08/03/08 07:45 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
It doesn't seem like it's been a week since we all said good-bye.

hug hug hug go out to everyone! I'm so looking forward to our next gathering, wherever and whenever it may be!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#273754 08/03/08 07:52 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by STU:
[b]Nice tats, all!

[b]Here are our Disneyland pics . Working on uploading our tat pics and the rest of the con pics.
Some great pics of Disneyland. Isn't New Orleans Square cool? Did you get into the hobby of collecting Disney pins? I tell ya, it's horribly addicting![/b]
Caroline got started on the Tinker Bell pins. And was disappointed we didn't realize that if she had worn the lanyard and pins we got she could have started trading and getting special pins before we left. Guess we'll be making another trip soon. smile [/b]
Well, you'll have to let me know when. I love Disneyland and even being just an hour away, don't get there nearly often enough!

#273755 08/03/08 08:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself while you were there superboymddjr.
Don't worry...next year if youre going there - we will be sure to introduce to each other on the first day! smile

#273756 08/03/08 08:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
or perhaps at the Wonder Con in Feb 2009?

#273757 08/03/08 11:52 PM
Active
Active
Yeah, tell me about it. I spent $160 on Tinkerbell collector pins.........

#273758 08/04/08 12:11 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Cali: always the center of attention. Oh, to be young again!
I... resemble that remark! I enjoyed seeing you again, Ronda. (I was at SDCC '06, too.) I just have to say one of the highlights for me was when Chris Batista tried to introduce me to you. I was just like, "Whoa," 'cause (although I'm ashamed to admit it) I really didn't realize what an amazing creator you were the first time around. I was a bit star struck! It was cool. smile And to be nominated for an Eisner-- amazing. Hope to see you again soon!

Also, why is it that in all my non-posed pictures, my mouth is open?

....never mind...... ><

#273759 08/04/08 12:15 AM
Active
Active
Thanks Cali. I totally remember you from '06. Did I put you in the "just met" section of my post? My brain is fried from lack of sleep these days, sorry!

#273760 08/04/08 03:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I missed superboymddjr too - and Askanspion. Did she stop by the table?

I did have lunch with Ravenette (and Abin, Rocky and Sean) - haven't seen her in any pictures but might have missed some - too bad she had to leave early. She's very funny.

Ronda, we had that incredibly long conversation. Don't you remember? wink

What is it with Quislet getting into all these beds?

Great pics here. Scott got a lot in the exhibit hall (I hardly took any and none in the hall). That's me sitting on the chair with my head in my hands, waiting for the Legion panel! So tired and had such a headache at that point - I just walked back into the line once the doors opened, and nobody complained.

For me, the best part definitely was meeting the Legion people and hanging out at the table. I never got to all the panels I'd intended, nor all the exhibits; I took it all pretty much hit or miss, avoided the longest lines and went outside frequently. I never did adjust to the time difference, and I'm not much of a party person in any event, so I crashed much earlier than I would have liked in the evening.

A few sad things happened - a baby
stroller rolled by me and I saw that the mother had collapsed a few feet away - but there were immediately many people there to help. Some people had things stolen or go missing. As we know, some people had to leave early. There were the inevitable disappointments (a minor one for me was the scarcity of cheap old comics). But I was amazed how well the whole thing worked, given that many people moving around.

I trust everyone's pets were happy to see them again.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#273761 08/04/08 07:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Great pics here. Scott got a lot in the exhibit hall (I hardly took any and none in the hall). That's me sitting on the chair with my head in my hands, waiting for the Legion panel! So tired and had such a headache at that point - I just walked back into the line once the doors opened, and nobody complained.
Hope you didn't mind me posting it Nancy. It was just such a perfect picture of how a lot of us were feeling, especially after the long lines, walking and con garbage food.

Our kids were extremely happy to have us home. The two girls especially. The boys didn't want anything to do with us the first few hours but have since not left us alone. Back to sleeping in a bed with four cats.

#273762 08/04/08 07:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here are the last of the images from the trip. These are the ones I took in Vegas. If you look closely you may see some visitors from the Faraway Embassy.

#273763 08/04/08 07:36 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!

Hyvvie nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw his daddy. There were lots of beagle kisses that followed!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#273764 08/04/08 08:43 AM
Active
Active
If you wondered why I made Scott take pictures of the people inside the Kenneth Cole of New York shop (Vegas pics) it was because that woman in the red shawl is Charlese Theron! Well, to be honest we weren't 100% sure it was her, but I am 90% sure it was, so I'm counting this woman as my celebrity sighting of the Vegas experience.

#273765 08/04/08 09:35 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. smile But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

Either of you up for another? I already have plans of getting the Founders added under my L*.
I had a little peeling, but no scabbing. I wouldn't say the experience was bad. But I'll probably only do some correction on this one. One tattoo is enough for me. I did have a little color in mine. There is a small triangle on the top of the symbol, which I had colored pink.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#273766 08/04/08 05:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
[b] Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. smile But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

I had a little peeling, but no scabbing. I wouldn't say the experience was bad. But I'll probably only do some correction on this one. One tattoo is enough for me. I did have a little color in mine. There is a small triangle on the top of the symbol, which I had colored pink. [/b]
Yeah, mine is totally scabbing over and flaking off in black and red chunks. It's kind of freaky actually. Hopefully it heals soon!

I definitely want more, but first I need time to forget how much this one hurt. The shading part wasn't bad, but the outline was WAY more painful than I was expecting. I want some larger tattoos, but I'm not sure if i could stand it.

#273767 08/04/08 06:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
[b]
[b] Love it Ronda! Looks really good! Rob, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Have either of you had scabbing yet? Especially you Ronda, having color done. Caroline's went perfect, no issue. Mine scabbed over after a couple of days and I've been losing colored skin. smile But, it hasn't affected the tat or its color and it is nearly healed completely now. Doing color is a lot harder on the skin.

I had a little peeling, but no scabbing. I wouldn't say the experience was bad. But I'll probably only do some correction on this one. One tattoo is enough for me. I did have a little color in mine. There is a small triangle on the top of the symbol, which I had colored pink. [/b]
Yeah, mine is totally scabbing over and flaking off in black and red chunks. It's kind of freaky actually. Hopefully it heals soon!

I definitely want more, but first I need time to forget how much this one hurt. The shading part wasn't bad, but the outline was WAY more painful than I was expecting. I want some larger tattoos, but I'm not sure if i could stand it.[/b]
I had a little stinging but no pain at all during mine. Not sure if its pain tolerance or how the artist applies the color. Color is supposed to hurt more because of the multiple needles being used.

Mine finally dropped off the last color/waxy/skin/scab today. All back to normal in a little over a week. Not too bad from what I've read.

Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star