Roll Call
1 members (razsolo), 35 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
You won't believe this!
#274370 10/10/08 08:53 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
This afternoon I was at work, sitting at the reference desk, when a man approached and said he'd like to make a donation to the library. Usually, when the library receives donations, they are put in our booksale area to raise money for the library. The man produced a copy of The DC Comics Encyclopedia. I had been wanting a copy of that ever since it was first published, but I never wanted to spend that much money. I told him, not only would the library take it, but the book already had a buyer: me! He asked if I liked comics and offered to show me some he had with him. There were several there, including some I thought were very interesting.

Some time later, he was leaving and handed me a copy of Superman #50, cover dated December 1990. I told him I couldn't accept it (we're not allowed to accept gifts, but we are allowed to buy donated items from the booksale). He insisted and walked out the door before I could catch him. I decided to buy it from the booksale as I had the other book.

I remember buying the Superman comic when it first came out, but I knew there was some reason--besides the fact that it was the issue in which Lois and Clark became engaged--that I remembered it. I looked in the letter column and there was my name, among several other readers' names, all of whom had written after Jade and Obsidian had appeared four issues earlier, in one of their first post-Infinity, Inc. appearances. I'm not sure what became of my original copy (I've moved about a dozen times in the last 18 years and I lost a lot of comics and books due to water damage), but it's cool to have a copy again! laugh

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
Re: You won't believe this!
#274371 10/10/08 08:59 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Coolness Rockhopper Lad!

So, you've had a letter printed in a letter column too, eh? IIRC I've had two. My first was in Firestorm (second series)

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#274372 10/10/08 09:06 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
This one wasn't a whole letter. One fan who wanted to see the return of Jade and Obsidian had their whole letter printed, but the rest of us who requested their return were listed in the response. I recall at least one other time when that happened. The only full letter I had printed was in an issue of one of the JLI books about that same time. That issue involved Blue Beetle and Booster Gold building a resort on a remote island. I wrote a filk about it to the tune of "The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle" that got published. laugh

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#274373 10/11/08 02:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's really strange. Did he know that was you in the Superman issue or was this some cosmic coincidence?

Nice donation to the library (and sale to the Rockhopper Library) though!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#274374 10/11/08 09:42 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Total cosmic coincidence! laugh

#274375 10/11/08 10:16 PM
Leader
Leader
Are you sure? Maybe you better look outside your window! Or check the Encyclopedia for listening devices! Or the Superman #50 for Anthrax! Or...I'm sorry, I thought this was the Cosmic CONSPIRACY thread.

Long Live all them Legions!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Crusader
The Crusader
LMBP Outpost
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star