Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 13 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by rickshaw1 - 05/18/24 05:06 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 10:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/18/24 10:43 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55
Re: Rockhopper's Rookery: Annual Holiday Party in Progress
#276796 03/01/11 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev looked at his brother.

"Go sit down and calm youself."

Dev walks to the window and looks out at them.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#276797 03/01/11 08:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev turns to Exnihil, "he's bluffing Ex...at least I hope he is. The last thing we need is an interplanetary incident."

#276798 03/01/11 08:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
" I sense a barrier of unknown origin between us and the sky ... It makes my eyes itch like it's made of magic. Let Furball and I turn their trap into an ambush. I TIRE of running! "

#276799 03/01/11 08:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<considers responding, but doesn't get up>

My natural inclination is to respond with an ancient crude Earth phrase about fornicating with ones self, but I'll do this the right way. I won't respond.

<looks out the window at the gathering forces>

Well, leaving isn't a possibility. Thank you again, Rocky.

I don't think he can hear us but they could my response would read: "all I'll surrender is decorum."

#276800 03/01/11 08:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
If only we could end this farce without more needless fighting. There's work to be done.

If we run, they'll chase us. If we fight, it solves nothing.

#276801 03/01/11 08:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Kid says, "There is a third option: we fight, we win."

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#276802 03/01/11 08:47 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<notes the lack of response>

<to his Officers> Alright, guys, I'm going in to talk.

<on megaphone> Rocky, Des...I'm coming in to talk... <presses button on gauntlet, exo-armor reduces in size until it's the size of a quarter> ...I'll be unarmed. I trust I'll be met in peace.

<hands "coin" to Roy for safekeeping & approaches entrance>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#276803 03/01/11 08:48 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<smiles at QK>

And then what? The LMB is fractured forever? Legion World in chaos while our enemies descend on us? Everything I've ever worked for, destroyed?

#276804 03/01/11 08:50 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Lardy is coming in. Remember all, you are guests of royalty. No moves against Lardy.

#276805 03/01/11 08:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev moves between where Lardy will be entering and Furball.

"Not taking any chances with you little brother. Power Kid...stand down for now. You;ll get your fight soon enough...just not with them. hopefully."

#276806 03/01/11 08:59 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<enters>

<nods curtly toward everyone, stares coldly and wordlessly at Dev for a moment, moves on>

Well, Cobie, this is a fine mess you've gotten us all into. I'm getting sick of playing this game, guys...really sick. This is your chance to set things straight.

<shrugs> My gut tells me we're both working toward the same goal, which is to protect Legion World. If you'll care to take the time to explain just what's preventing you from working with the Security Office, I'd like to know what it is.

#276807 03/01/11 09:03 PM
Active
Active
"How about because your acting like a pompous, power hungry blood thirsty jackas..."

Dev turned and cut Furball off at that point with a look.

#276808 03/01/11 09:05 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Lardy, it's your goons that have been chasing us. And I do mean goons. Red Arrow was ready to kill Ex. I dont trust Sir Roy nor Tempest.

I want nothing more than to end this charade. We need to be working together. But your methods are suspect. This robot army your amassing is all to similar to an army raised by Dark Stu.

If not for Rocky's hospitality, what would you have done? Arrested us all? Thrown us in jail?

#276809 03/01/11 09:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Look, the last thing we want is a fight. I quit because your crew was going for the kill...not to merely arrest. That is not how the Office of Security should be operating. You're still draggin Arrow and Roy into a battle with people they have no hope of defeating. For sprocking sake Lardy, Arrow would have killed Ex if I hadn;t intervebed! Accidental or not, they were about to cross a line!"

#276810 03/01/11 09:22 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<coldly> I'll deal with you later, Dev. I don't take kindly to turncoats.

<turns focus back on Cobalt>
Des, you are such a hypocrite! My "methods are suspect"? Should I remind you in front of all your faithful how you've engaged in covert black ops against the Khanate and the Dark Oval? <glances at Furball> From what I'm starting to hear about your business with Furball, he knows firsthand about your doings. Would you like to tell them about all the good men and women who died for your illegal acts of war? Danger Damsel, anyone? Scipio, anyone?

By comparison, Des, my so-called aggression here as Chief has been pretty damn mild, wouldn't you say? I suppose since I had the audacity to try to arrest you and take you in for questioning, I should be burned at the stake? Hypocrisy, thy name is Cobalt Kid!

<shakes his head>

Look, Ex, I'm sorry about Red Arrow. I didn't tell her to do that. I specified non-lethal force. She's aggressive, overly so. I think it's the way she was raised.

Roy, I trust like a brother. He's a good man, now, Cobie. You're a fool to think otherwise. Tempest? She's raw power I needed to set up this op which should have never been necessary if you'd cooperated.

Well? What else? The Bots? They're in place just in case things ever get so bad we have no other option. What's wrong with having a contingency? Should we analyze all of your contingencies, Des?

#276811 03/01/11 09:28 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
OP Offline
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Everyone, please.

Lardy, Dywh knows we've had issues, but I know you. I know you deep down don't want to cause anyone pain, but it appears you've allied yourself with some who might not share that conviction--including one whose demons I have seen first hand.

If this is because of my leaving you, you know I'm sorry I hurt you. I've apologized more times and in more ways than I thought possible.

Please consider your actions.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#276812 03/01/11 09:31 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<Cobalt is quiet for a moment measuring his response>

Alright Lardy, I see your perspective. But allow me to point out that all of my intergalactic dealings have been against sworn enemies of the UP. Your recent actions seem to be pitting you against the populace of Legion World! You're assembling a private army on Legion World--something I never did; my own army never stepped foot within the planets boundaries per an ancient law predating the LMB's arrival.

Maybe I should have been more open with you about what I was doing. But as a private citizen, I don't report to you. By the time I leaned anything of value we were already being chased.

Maybe the loss of your powers has you pushing too hard. I'm sorry to bring it up in front of Rocky, but I'm worried about it.

#276813 03/01/11 09:35 PM
Active
Active
"I sure as hell ain't no angel, but you have no idea the lengths we've gone to insure that more people didn't die you windbag!"

#276814 03/01/11 09:40 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It was boring waiting for Chief Lardy to come back.Red Arrow tuned out and was scribbling in her war journal. There were strategies scribbled along the margins (typical online Tournament terms like brick, street-leveler,etc. used extensively). She hid her fear of death within the pages of the journal, while on the outside she acted brave. Red Arrow decided anger was more acceptable option, Chief Lardy did not understand what it was like when your best is not good enough.

She caught a glimpse at that boy the others had picked up. Was the name Powerboy? She thought, Kind of cute. She absentmindedly scribbled a heart with their names entwined. Emily thought of crossing it out, but who would ever read this thing?

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#276815 03/01/11 09:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"The only reasons your aggressions here are mild is because of me. Today. Stopping your people from doing something that you would have regretted...at least I hope you would have regretted them."

#276816 03/01/11 09:47 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<gives Dev an "if looks could kill" glare> <face turns red and looks toward Rocky and Cobie> Thanks for the armchair psychoanalysis, you two....

<to Rocky> I loved you with all my heart, Rocky. But you dumped me like I was nothing because of some stupid, antiquated tradition among your people. To me, love is something that transcends all of that garbage. I realize that kind of thing is part of the fiber of who you are, but I can NEVER understand what you did! Never. Unless, you never felt the same way as I did in the first place...or you couldn't deal with loving someone as...challenging...as me. I warned you going in, and you told me you weren't afraid of my baggage. I--

<thinks> Pull back, Lardy. This is too much to show in front of all these others...

...if you think this is all some overreaction to our breaking up, then you underestimate me as a man.

<to Cobie>

Same to you, pal. If a man takes a personal loss (in this case his powers) and tries to make lemons out of lemonade, you're gonna brand him as overcompensating? Yeesh, man! You've barely spent two minutes with me since I took over as Chief, and you know what I'm all about now? Seriously?

<laughs> Any other penetrating analyses the rest of you care to offer?

#276817 03/01/11 09:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Power Boy appears to be distracted .... looking far off out the windows .. hearing the Chief's passionate words .. he speaks ..

"Well .... er ... YES .... "

" .... all over Legion World there are shadows where my senses slide off and around ... and there are more every minute.

My 'analysis' is inconclusive ..... yet we can not afford to cluck like chickens when the darkness surrounds us!!!"

#276818 03/01/11 09:55 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<realizes his words did more harm than good>

Lardy...

<walks over to him; he puts his hand on his shoulder>

...you're my best friend. You're the only person I know where we've punched each other in the mouth and had a beer afterwards to laugh about it. We're both hard headed. Maybe we've both handled this all the wrong way.

<pauses; considers another option>

I have an idea. There is a lot I've got to tell you that I've discovered. But there is one final piece that needs to confirm it all.

Let me go free. And you join me yourself, in your new armor. Just the two of us--let's check this out. What we find may be a game-changer which will make all of this pale in comparison.

Your officers can keep watch on everyone if they want. But tell them to stand down.

Let's deal with this together.

#276819 03/01/11 09:56 PM
Active
Active
Furballlooks at Power Boy...

"Not sure exactly what the hell Power Boy just said, but it sounds like the hammer is gonna fall soon Cobie. What you want to do bossman."

#276820 03/01/11 10:00 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Alright. For the sake of our friendship, I came here with the olive branch when I clearly have the upper hand, here. I mean, if I'm as crazy and out of control as you lot seem to think I am, why, I'd ignore interstellar law and level this place, right? <chuckles>

<is amused by the concerned, serious looks the others give him in response>

Anyway, yes, I'll go with you. The rest stay here, and my guards stay out there. Now, finally, we can get to the bottom of this...together.

Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,438
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
wndola1
wndola1
New England
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star