Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#347990 07/03/10 08:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

Urge to kill... RISING>>!!!!!!

Okay, okay... I'm over it now... >whew!<

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#347991 07/03/10 08:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
YOu look uh... cute in pink...

giggle

Touch the magic...
#347992 07/03/10 09:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not to make light of your situation, Matt (it does sound very annoying and very thoughtless of your ex), but when I first looked at this thread, I just sort of just scanned your post at the top of this page and saw:

"ex" and

"decided to friend me on facebook"

for half a second I thought, "Oh, no... what did I do to him?" smile

#347993 07/04/10 06:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Its no secret... I got the diabeties. And now I can't eat, basically.

I'm 6'4" and have a solid build. The metformin I'm taking can have a very certain... side effect, which it apparently does for me. Add to that I'm only allowed so much food... and dammit, I'm hungry.

I'll do everything I'm supposed to, I'll stay away from the hidden sugars, the fatty foods, the popcorn that made certain things in life bearable... but I could eat a honkin' big grilled steak with bell peppers and onions smothering it and a real glass of tea like nobody's business.

Add to that I've reached my forties and my eyesight is suddenly going to hell. My arms aren't long enough to hold the books far away enough for me to read, the glasses I bought to help are not that great and give me headaches, I can only read about thirty minutes before I have to quit....

This getting old crap is for the birds. It damn sure ain't for the weak.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#347994 07/04/10 12:28 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

frown

rickshaw1 wrote:
And now I can't eat, basically.

I'm 6'4" and have a solid build. The metformin I'm taking can have a very certain... side effect, which it apparently does for me.
"Side effect" as in, "loss of appetite," or "nausea," or what?

I have a couple of hereditary ticking time bombs in the midst of my carcass, too, Dude. Sorry I can't offer anything else but,

hug

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#347995 07/04/10 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
It was. But it was long ago. I'm stronger than that. I had a small mini tantrum, but Im ok now smile
I suspect that you still might be more mature than me, Matt. One of the main reasons that I avoid Facebook is out of dread that some ex might suddenly decide to Friend me-- and then get all huffy when I either ignored them or told them to go cram it.

shudder

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#347996 07/04/10 07:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Obviously I wasn't being that mature yesterday. LOL

Touch the magic...
#347997 07/04/10 07:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Not to make light of your situation, Matt (it does sound very annoying and very thoughtless of your ex), but when I first looked at this thread, I just sort of just scanned your post at the top of this page and saw:

"ex" and

"decided to friend me on facebook"

for half a second I thought, "Oh, no... what did I do to him?" smile
LOL Your post made me smile. Sorry I made you think that.

Touch the magic...
#347998 07/04/10 07:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Its no secret... I got the diabeties. And now I can't eat, basically.

I'm 6'4" and have a solid build. The metformin I'm taking can have a very certain... side effect, which it apparently does for me. Add to that I'm only allowed so much food... and dammit, I'm hungry.

I'll do everything I'm supposed to, I'll stay away from the hidden sugars, the fatty foods, the popcorn that made certain things in life bearable... but I could eat a honkin' big grilled steak with bell peppers and onions smothering it and a real glass of tea like nobody's business.

Add to that I've reached my forties and my eyesight is suddenly going to hell. My arms aren't long enough to hold the books far away enough for me to read, the glasses I bought to help are not that great and give me headaches, I can only read about thirty minutes before I have to quit....

This getting old crap is for the birds. It damn sure ain't for the weak.
Yeah, it does suck reaching a certain age. I am lucky that because I have lost weight I am still able to do certain things now that I never could before. Even so, I hear you about the eyesight.

Touch the magic...
#347999 07/04/10 07:40 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
strange but not a stranger
&@#*$%@ fireworks! I live on a pretty narrow city street and yet people are setting off fireworks right outside my house in the street. I hope the house does not catch fire.

Don't get me wrong. I love the big organized fireworks displays.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348000 07/04/10 07:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I ususally don't notice them myself. but this year, they are everywhere...

Touch the magic...
#348001 07/04/10 07:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by cleome:
[b] It was. But it was long ago. I'm stronger than that. I had a small mini tantrum, but Im ok now smile
I suspect that you still might be more mature than me, Matt. One of the main reasons that I avoid Facebook is out of dread that some ex might suddenly decide to Friend me-- and then get all huffy when I either ignored them or told them to go cram it.

Cleome, I was trying to not gross everyone out but lets just say that what I can eat, doesn't hang around very long, and I ain't talking about a return trip. Doc warned me about it. Seems like if there's a side effect, I'm gonna be in line for it.

I spent this afternoon playing 18 holes of golf with my son with me and when I checked it earlier, I was at 240. So, I'm thinking the metformin might not do the job, but its still early on and I an not gonna be spending money all the time on Imodium.

shudder [/b]

Something pithy!
#348002 07/08/10 10:03 PM
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Cleome, I was trying to not gross everyone out but lets just say that what I can eat, doesn't hang around very long, and I ain't talking about a return trip. Doc warned me about it. Seems like if there's a side effect, I'm gonna be in line for it.

I spent this afternoon playing 18 holes of golf with my son with me and when I checked it earlier, I was at 240. So, I'm thinking the metformin might not do the job, but its still early on and I an not gonna be spending money all the time on Imodium.

shudder
Oy. Sorry to hear that.

Well, if it doesn't work, I hope you can lean on the doc to keep searching until you find something that does work.

mr_cleome is taking something that's probably in that same family of meds. They warned him about the same type of side effect, but he's not having any problems. OTOH, one of his buddies had to quit the same medication because he was having them. (Needing frequent bathroom breaks when you drive a bus for a living is naturally not a good thing.)

#348003 07/09/10 11:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, tisn't, lol. And I spend most of my day in a truck driving to timber tracts as well. Course', I'm out in the rural areas where there's a bathroom behind every tree. But then we get onto the Redbug subject again, lol. And trust me, they are bad enough on my legs....

wink

Something pithy!
#348004 07/23/10 09:21 PM
Leader
Leader

NOW I get to watch as my ex gushes over the IPAD his new man bought him. I don't usually care enough to get jealous, but I really really don't care to see how happy they are and how much disposable income they have.

I know Im probably being childish here. I'll get over it. Just wanted to let it out somewhere...
Matt, I think I found the perfect song for that situation -

"Are You F*cking Kidding Me? - Kate Miller-Heidke

- lol

#348005 07/26/10 03:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Mosquitoes.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#348006 07/27/10 10:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
a friend, who I busted my arse for clearing out his storage unit and shipping things to in Austria, is being a real ungrateful, manipulative prick.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#348007 07/27/10 08:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. More so than usual.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#348008 07/27/10 10:33 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I never want to go to work these days. What a shithole my company's turning into. shake

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#348009 07/27/10 10:36 PM
frown

[hugs for my LMB buddies]

[plus maybe a shot of bourbon]

#348010 08/06/10 08:06 PM
I am trying to apply for a job I really, really want in the worst way.

I have been staring at the application for an hour and for the life of me, can think of nothing to say.

I have to hand it in tomorrow morning, because Saturday's the deadline and we're going out of town in the morning for a day-trip.

I honestly don't know how to convincingly write on an app that I am golly-gee-whiz-teh-awesomest-splendidest-bestest-employee-EVAH-who-you'd-be-INSANE-to-not-hire!; Really, I've tried it 4,000,000,000,000 times in the last two years and it NEVER flies!

At best, my current job, which is no great shakes even in the current pathetic-butt job market, won't last past next February. I need to get off my duff and WRITE SOMETHING IN THE SPACE!!11

And I can't.

scream

#348011 08/06/10 08:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Microsoft why did your new Windows Live software break your SMB authentication stack?

SAMBA team, why does your client not connect properly?

When will you release a patch?

#348012 09/12/10 10:10 PM
It really stinks trying to write coherently while spaced out on anti-inflammatory meds. I'll be taking them for the rest of the week, thanks to the fact that I re-injured my left foot Thursday.

I'll be lucky if I can limp to work tomorrow and manage to not crash into a wall or a forklift in the first hour back. I already blew work off on Friday because I was in too much pain, but temps don't get paid sick days and now I'm gonna' have to soldier on.

Stupid traitorous mutant feet. I hate you.

Also, the Feds are trying to reel me in for jury duty again this Tuesday. Last time turned out to be a false alarm. They didn't want me, and I desperately hope they don't want me now. Sick days + jury duty does not = popularity with managers.

Gah.

#348013 09/18/10 05:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I will one day rant about what I really want to rant about...but cannot yet. Too much happening in life right now.

Grraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#348014 10/05/10 03:06 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've been on the road so much for work that I'm feeling awfull lonely lately. I miss my wife and I really miss my baby. This was a lot easier before I was a father.

I'm almost through my heavy travel season...just a few more trips.

I make the best of it and enjoy, and I put on a front for my friends because I know people who have something real to complain about. But I miss my family.

Home late tonight and them back out on Sunday.

Almost there...

Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford
Palm Bay FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star