Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:05 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:02 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 58 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#348065 01/18/11 07:58 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Speaking of FB, some of my friends just give too many updates! My best friend took a plane flight today and had a separate wall post (not replies to the first) with every changeover he made and several updates aboard the plane and a few that detail different stages of being at his destination (including getting his rental car, etc.)! A total of TEN DIFFERENT wall posts! He does that crap all the effin' time!

I know this is a minor annoyance at worst, but when I click the "home" page to see the latest updates it's really annoying. He does this crap all the time! Some of my other friends are just as guilty. If you're gonna be prolific in your wall posting, at least be as entertaining as Lash, for Chrissakes!!!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#348066 01/19/11 03:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
After having no health problems for years and years, I am now plagued with one infection after another, with even more antibiotics. Next Tuesday, the root canal starts!

And amid all this, my husband announced he wants us to move to Ireland. I already live in a broke, messed up province, why move to a broke, messed-up country?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#348067 01/22/11 10:03 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
Speaking of FB, some of my friends just give too many updates! My best friend took a plane flight today and had a separate wall post (not replies to the first) with every changeover he made and several updates aboard the plane and a few that detail different stages of being at his destination (including getting his rental car, etc.)! A total of TEN DIFFERENT wall posts! He does that crap all the effin' time!...
It's too bad that airlines don't really serve meals anymore. He could emulate one of my favorite cartoonists and link you to amusing hand-drawn diagrams of whatever crap/haute cuisine they gave the passengers to eat and drink. laugh

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348068 01/22/11 10:07 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
hug hug to you, Cramey. We love you now matter where you are and what oral surgeries you have.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#348069 01/22/11 10:08 PM
^
^
^
What he said. (But I'm wondering why Mr. Cramer wants to go live in Ireland all of a sudden?) confused

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348070 01/22/11 10:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If you're gonna be prolific in your wall posting, at least be as entertaining as Lash, for Chrissakes!!!
YES! For gods sake...YES!

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#348071 01/22/11 10:37 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Ambush Bug:
[b] If you're gonna be prolific in your wall posting, at least be as entertaining as Lash, for Chrissakes!!!
YES! For gods sake...YES![/b]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that kind of anal/share everything ad nauseum pattern of posting (like what my friend I referred to does, not what Lash does) more appropriate for Twitter? Should I encourage him to Tweet instead since I have absolutlely ZERO interest in Twitter and won't continue kinda-hating him because he has, like, TEN new wall posts every time I click "home"?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#348072 01/22/11 10:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Definately Lardy. I have a few friends that are like that, and I have blocked a few from my feed. I do not need to know every detail of your life as it happens. hell, I don't even want to know the details of my own life that well half the time.

#348073 01/22/11 10:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lash and Matt are two of my favorite FB friends because of the way they post.

#348074 03/03/11 07:13 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
Grand Jury venting

I am enjoying my grand jury duty except for some of my fellow jurors, especially the woman sitting next to me. While people are testifying, she is either texting ot doing a Sudoku. And yet she complains if we have some downtime between cases. (granted she only complains when the downtime is a half an hour or more) Why are you complaining, you are only going to ignore the person testifying. And the guy on the other side of me also texts while people are testifying. At first I thought it was related to his real job, but one time I looked over and he was looking at coats. He also will read a magazine while someone is testifying. I understand that is is boring when you have the 10th witness describing the same incident, but it is the first time that witness has been before us. I find it disrespectful to the witness, to the Assistant District Attorney presenting the case, and to those of us actually listening.

And during downtime we do chat with each other, but when an Assistant District Attorney comes in, you know they are there to present testimony in the form of a witness. Stop talking. But no some people continue to talk.

And then there are videos we are supposed to be looking at during the downtime. Usually it is a videotaped interview of a child who has been sexually assaulted. And the audio is not the best. Yet there are people who are just chit-chatting away. One time I asked 3 times for people to be quiet so that those of us watching the video could hear. Even after the 3rd time people still were talking. And a couple of them have those voices that you can pick out even in a noisy crowded room. And we do have a breakroom right there. If they really wanted to talk rather than watch the video, go in there.

And these are not young 20somethings. The woman next to me is 29. I think one other woman is in her mid 20's. Everyone else is in their 30's, 40', and 50's. Everyone is an adult!

Venting done.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348075 03/03/11 07:33 PM
[snip]

Quislet, Esq.:
Grand Jury venting...

Quis, I'm surprised they are even allowed to play around like this while hearing testimony! I did the Grand Jury thing about four years ago, and the only thing we were allowed to have while hearing testimony were small notebooks that the court provided. We had to take notes on the testimony, then the court collected those notes at the end of each day for their own files.

#348076 03/03/11 09:15 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Re: Grand Jury venting . . .

mad mad mad

I bet if those people were on trial, they'd want the jurors to pay attention.

I've never gotten to serve on a trial or grand jury, but when I hear stories like this, I think of the classic film "12 Angry Men" . . . a film that makes me realize just how precarious our legal system is, and how the fate of a person can depend on jurors who bring their own prejudice, indifference, or personal problems with them.

Yet at least there's hope, as the film demonstrates, that one brave, patient, and intelligent soul can convince the jury to do what it's supposed to do.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#348077 06/04/11 10:14 AM
Another long one, Folks. shake

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">So I just spent two weeks temping in the Southwest suburbs of Portland. This entailed getting up at 5:15 in the morning, running my rear off for the majority of the day, and (if I was lucky) getting home from work by 6:15 in the evening.

I accepted a pay cut to take this job. What choice did I have?

Our main supervisor was an obnoxious ass who was rude to everyone, including most of his own managers. He had a "down-home" accent (think Boomhauer from King of the Hill) so damn thick that half the time I couldn't understand what he was telling me to do. But if I needed clarification on an order, of course I was the idiot.

The place was badly ventilated and full of chemical smells and dust. My allergies were bad when I arrived, and they were about ten times worse by the time the job was completed. Nobody ever propped open a door because they were concerned about theft. Nobody ever turned on the air conditioning.

:rolleyes:

New temps arrived on the job without being given proper safety briefings. Yesterday, one woman was using a safety ladder to stock store items 8'-10' feet off the ground without its "brake" properly engaged. She'd never done manual temping before and couldn't understand why the ladder kept wobbling and moving around, so I called her down, explained how to properly use the ladder to her, and took over the stocking job. Since she was understandably a little
freaked out, I gave her a sheaf of price tags I'd been pasting on a rack by the front door and we switched tasks.

The manager came over and growled at us for "chattering" when we should have been working.

Later on Friday, this [bleep] sent me out to the store parking lot to pick up litter. Mostly the cigarette butts he'd been throwing everywhere during the two-week run for this job. (I love how it's just sooooooo hard for smokers to stub out their damn cigarettes and then throw them away somewhere!) Somehow this major chain store had not thought to purchase dustpans to keep its store clean. So it was myself and some poor sap in his twenties, on our hands and knees in the parking lot, picking this [bleep] up bare-handed. It took us well over an hour. The only saving grace was that it wasn't windy or rainy out there.

Wait. Here comes the best part: somehow the manager didn't get our time cards in to the agency on time, so my two-week stint with him is complete, but I have no money.

scream

I swear. Hell will freeze over before I ever shop at this effing chain. EVER. I plan to tell everyone I know to avoid it like the plague, too. At this point, I'm so angry that I'm seriously thinking of writing a letter to their corporate headquarters... Just as a friendly reminder that, yeah, I have no soul and no dignity while I'm working. But once I'm done working I'm a consumer, like everyone else. And there is such a thing as word of mouth, and if you treat people like [bleep], what you reap is bad, bad word of mouth.

What a bunch of [bleep]s.</span></span>

#348078 06/04/11 10:24 AM
OP Offline
OK, so what chain is this? Does it rhyme with Hall Bart?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348079 06/04/11 10:27 AM
No such luck, Quis.

I think the Wal-Mart employees get together and laugh at people who work at this place and call us a bunch of beaten-down inbred rubes who likely don't bathe.

shake

#348080 06/05/11 08:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It doesn't matter how dark and stormy, windy or pouring rain it gets out there, some drivers just will not turn their damn lights on!

#348081 06/05/11 08:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So much to vent about and so little time...

Let's just say electrical problems in the minivan have been added to the list of about 534 problems that conspire to give me a headache/migraine daily.

#348082 06/08/11 05:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Why, oh why does Saturday night prime-time television have to suck so badly?

Not all of us have time to go to dinner and a movie every single Saturday night you know!!

#348083 06/08/11 06:39 PM
Originally posted by future king:
Why, oh why does Saturday night prime-time television have to suck so badly?

Not all of us have time to go to dinner and a movie every single Saturday night you know!!
That's why God gave us board games, conversation, and sex.

#348084 06/08/11 06:50 PM
Wait! I have to save all that for Saturday?

faint

#348085 06/08/11 06:51 PM
Gives you something to look forward to, doesn't it? laugh

#348086 06/08/11 06:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
GAH!!! URK!!! GRRRR!!!! ROAR!!!!!!!!

#348087 06/08/11 06:58 PM
(Dev can't wait until Saturday to get his Monopoly fix.)

#348088 06/08/11 07:04 PM
rotflmao

#348089 06/08/11 07:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If I don't get the car...there's gonna be hell to pay!!!

Page 9 of 58 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,218
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star