Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:05 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:02 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 58 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#348115 07/29/11 03:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
To add to that, I hate when people waste perfectly good food. I can understand if they're full, but I've seen people throw out whole sandwiches. Good grief! Don't go complaining about not having enough money when you can't even save a sandwich for later.

#348116 07/31/11 02:05 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I am scheduled for a job interview on Monday. The agency (which I think is run out of its owner's living room) didn't tell me the name of the company that's hiring until after we scheduled an interview.

She said I sounded "like just the person they were looking for." It's unfortunate that after she hung up the phone, I did a little detective work with Google maps and discovered that the job locale is almost one mile outside the range of local mass transit. And I don't drive.

:rolleyes:

Of course, I still have to waste everyone's time by going to the interview tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is explain to Unemployment why I was scheduled for a job interview and then never showed up for it.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348117 07/31/11 02:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by future king:
Besides my pet peeve about society's poor driving habits, my other, less serious one would have to how people at work leave their half empty water bottles lying around!
Either drink it and get rid of it or else take it with you when you leave.
I don't want to be cleaning up after you, and neither does anyone else!
Happens all the time at the college. People leave water/juice/sports drink bottles all over our lobby. Some empty, some half empty and some full. Annoying.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#348118 07/31/11 02:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If you drop off paperwork for myself or my boss to complete, and I tell you that we will call you when it is completed so you can come pick it up...calling me 2 to 5 times a day is not going to get it done any quicker. Not going to drag my feet on it, but things happen and sometimes other things do not get done as quickly as you would like.

#348119 07/31/11 04:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
...calling me 2 to 5 times a day is not going to get it done any quicker. Not going to drag my feet on it, but things happen and sometimes other things do not get done as quickly as you would like.
Yeah, despite the adage, greasing squeaky wheels is not in my job description, nor is it in my list of life values.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#348120 08/03/11 06:55 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
So, my roommate hates the hot weather. But he keeps his room sealed up tight which makes the temperature in his room 5 to 7 degrees hotter than the apartment. He does have an air conditioner in his window, but will give various "reasons" not to run it. "It's too noisy" . And tonight, it is because the outside temperature is 69 degrees and the AC manual says not to run the AC when the temperature is below 70 degrees.

I don't have AC for the rest of the apartment, but I get by just fine with fans and keeping the windows open. Yesterday I came home and 2 windows were shut. The reason was that the neighbor on that side just put in an AC unit and it was loud and sounded funny and it was bothering him. Yes it was a bit loud and sounded like it was on its last legs, but not enough to close the window and stop air from circulating in the apartment.

Also in the hot weather, I always try to get on the shady side of the street. But he always walks on the sunny side. The other day we were both going to the subway. The half of the stairs going up to the station was in the sun and the other half shaded. I went up the shaded side. He went up the side in the sun.

And yet I have to listen to him complaining how hot it is.

There I have vented.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348121 08/03/11 07:01 PM
OP Offline
[b]Besides my pet peeve about society's poor driving habits, my other, less serious one would have to how people at work leave their half empty water bottles lying around!
Either drink it and get rid of it or else take it with you when you leave.
I don't want to be cleaning up after you, and neither does anyone else!
Happens all the time at the college. People leave water/juice/sports drink bottles all over our lobby. Some empty, some half empty and some full. Annoying. [/b]
This reminds me of my pet peeve at my gym. In the locker room lots of guys just leave the towel they used on the bench or floor. What are you too tired from working out that you can carry a towel 3 feet to the used towel bin? If so maybe you better cut down on the routine.

Also they leave the doors to the lockers open. And then there are those who don't shut off the shower all the way. Sometiomes it is just a drip, but sometimes it is a flow of water. Grrrr...

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348122 08/25/11 09:21 AM
My left ankle is swollen again.

Thank you, former temp job, for aggravating this condition originally and thus giving me a reason to always remember you. Even though you left me high and dry without so much as a "thank you" seven months ago.

I've been icing it down for a few minutes every hour or so. I probably need pills to bring the swelling down, but since it doesn't hurt I balk at the thought of giving the bloodsuckers at my HMO even one dime in co-pays. Grrr. If it doesn't go back to normal by next week, I'll have to, I suppose.

Also, I don't want them to tell me that I should forgo riding my bike. It's A) the only physical fitness I can afford at the moment and B) about the only thing that gets me out of the house and keeps me from losing my mind.

shake

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348123 08/27/11 06:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Why do people think that they can wait until a week before classes start trying the entire process (applying, getting financial aid, meeting with a counselor) and then get mad at us because we tell them it is not going to happen.

#348124 08/27/11 12:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am really concerned that it is getting very near the point where I will have to move in with my grandparents permanently.

I am not ready for this yet.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#348125 08/27/11 01:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I lived with my Grandma for about 6 months after my Grandpa died. Only thing that comes close to being a regret is not staying with her longer...maybe she would have stayed more independent if I had...

Never an easy choice Lash. But it can be a rewarding experience...

#348126 08/27/11 02:02 PM
Why do people think that they can wait until a week before classes start trying the entire process (applying, getting financial aid, meeting with a counselor) and then get mad at us because we tell them it is not going to happen.
I think you just answered your own question. It's a time-consuming, annoying process, so some people will postpone it for as long as possible. But, yeah, obviously that's not your fault.

#348127 08/27/11 02:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The disease is also called self entitlement with some of them. They think that because they are there right at that moment...they should be taken care of right then. Never mind the hundreds of others that came in with the same expectation that are still being worked through because more and more people keep coming in and trying to get in late.

I can literally get a call from someone, who I am working on a problem for three to ten times a day. If I stop to answer every call, I will never get to your problem...which actually takes me time to work through. Then, when presented with the facts of the situation, they deny that they actually did wha they did. Case in point. A young man registered and was dropped for non-payment. He came back in and got back into his classes (signed the paperwork to do so) and got a hold placed on his account because he was part of the government sponsored retraining program.

A year later he calls up and says that he should not owe money because he was dropped from his classes, and never went to them. When presented with the facts of the situation (I actually have the signed paperwork putting you back into classes...with your signature on them) he says that he does not remember that and wants to see the 'paperwork'.

I said fine, and told him to come in any time. That was weeks ago. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions. You do something...there are results. Some good for you, some bad.

Like my boss always says...reading is fundamental.

#348128 10/08/11 06:09 PM
A person should not work 112 hours in two weeks and yet, at the end of those two weeks, STILL not have a dime in their pockets and STILL be using credit cards to pay for food and transport.

Monday is a Federal holiday. The earliest moment at this point where I might actually be solvent is Wednesday.

scream

Drop dead, Temp Agency Du Jour. I really hoped you were different than all the others, but apparently you aren't. Seriously. Hanging is too good for you. Jerks.

#348129 10/15/11 10:45 AM
I'm looking for work again. Didn't even manage to get in a full three weeks of temping before the axe fell again at 9AM Thursday. I wasn't terribly surprised. But of course I still look like a fool and that's what really matters, right?

I have another interview this coming Wednesday. I can't wait. Every job experience somehow manages to be worse than the last, though this shouldn't be possible beyond a certain level of abuse. After this most recent horrible experience, what could a worse management style possible consist of?

Maybe my future manager will make me submit to a strip search every day. Maybe he'll be a raging psychotic who'll punch me in the face when I don't work fast enough. I can't wait to find out.

In other news, mr_cleome was in a car accident yesterday. Nobody was hurt, but the other driver didn't have collision insurance.

scream

#348130 10/15/11 12:28 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hug to everyone venting on this thread. I'm glad Mr. Cleome is alright!

Right now I'm pretty confused at work, too. Apparently I'm supposed to be responsible for directly interfacing with our contact abroad, yet my boss keeps reviewing my work and my email drafts. But he blasted me for NOT taking more initiative. Then, when I talk to him about it, he's all "I understand" with a big smile on his face, and apologizes to me because he was in a bad mood.

This is really confusing, and I'm totally going to bring it up on Monday because I have no idea anymore what exactly is expected of me.

I also spent the last two weeks working 12-hour days, and my body clock is now completely messed up.

#348131 10/15/11 02:39 PM
hug

Thanks, IB.

Sorry you have to work ridiculous hours for yet another bozo, though.

#348132 10/15/11 04:12 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hug back. Ah well, such is life.

#348133 10/16/11 06:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm glad Mr Cleome is ok too!!!
I think the 3 of us work the longest shifts of anyone on here.
(Unless more do but don't speak up about it!).

#348134 10/16/11 06:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Glad all three of us still manage to post a lot on the boards, though!

#348135 10/16/11 07:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nah, of coarse not. We don't let a little thing like long hours at our jobs keep us from being post hogs! lol
(I'm speaking for myself only!) wink

#348136 10/16/11 09:03 AM
I'm glad Mr Cleome is ok too!!!
I think the 3 of us work the longest shifts of anyone on here.
(Unless more do but don't speak up about it!).
Not anymore, I don't.

That's what floors me. I bent over backwards to do whatever the creeps in Management wanted, no matter how grueling, unsafe, or just plain suspect/contradictory it was. Made no difference. I still got humiliated and kicked to the curb. It happens over and over again in the climate of 9+% unemployment. We aren't human beings, just chattel. And the people in charge make damn sure that we never forget it.

I took the civil service exam again several months ago, even though I once swore I never wanted to be in the Government work culture again. But if they end up offering me work at this point (it could still happen. Public service wheels grind verrrrrrry slowly.), I'll jump at it.

I give. I wave the white flag. I surrender. Whatever the right term is. sigh

I'm sick and tired of managers who are incapable of acting responsibly or even with simple decency towards me. Union shops aren't perfect, Lord knows. But at least I'd get some modicum of protection from this never-ending horde of stupid, exploitative, pathologically lying a-holes. Grrr...

#348137 10/16/11 09:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Really sorry to hear that, cleome hug

Whatever happened to the days when managers were leaders, and looked out for their employees?

#348138 10/16/11 09:23 AM
hug

Thanks, IB. Honestly, I consider it some kind of miracle that I got out of that place and away from those smug creeps on Thursday morning without ending up in jail on assault charges. In the back of my mind somewhere was the thought that for three weeks I'd been treated like a petty criminal or an extremely stupid animal on a very short leash, so what difference would it really make if I acted like one?

Thankfully, I managed to gather up my stuff and get out of there without incident. I'm still not sure how I did it.

Those managers you're thinking of are obsolete. They got chucked in the trash along with benefits, the living wage, and all those other hallmarks of civilized behavior.

shake

#348139 10/17/11 04:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I hear you, I hate it when they jump on you for small, honest mistakes and go all like, "Why the hell did you do that?" Hey, if I'd known it was the wrong thing to do, I wouldn't have done it.

Perhaps it's time to go entrepreneurial. Or start our own colony on a beautiful island far, far away from civilization.

hug

Page 11 of 58 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,213
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star