Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 08:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#348215 06/03/12 04:02 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
porch is enclosed (and on the third floor). In the pantry is a small window to the back porch. A child could fit through it, but not so much an adult.
You better not mention Verne Troyer. shake

Sorry that your roommate is so paranoid, Quis. It must make living with him difficult at times.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#348216 06/03/12 04:06 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Sorry that your roommate is so paranoid, Quis. It must make living with him difficult at times.
Hopefully, the sex is good enough to make up for it, Quis! wink

j/k

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#348217 06/03/12 04:56 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
[b] Sorry that your roommate is so paranoid, Quis. It must make living with him difficult at times.
Hopefully, the sex is good enough to make up for it, Quis! wink

j/k [/b]
Oh he though I was coming on to him at one point. Even though I told him I wasn't and he seemed to accept that, I am sure in the back of his mind he still believes I was coming on to him.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348218 06/03/12 05:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For the moanin' groanin' thread...I'm tired'a moanin' and groanin'. Literally. I'm tired of being so sore that when I sit down for a few minutes, my body literally stiffens up to the point standing up or walking is painful. I'm tired of being tired, and I'm tired of working seven days a week 12 hours a day or better.

Yeah, it's for a great cause, building our house, but I'm ready to be finished and in.

*side note, the only way we can afford the house is if I do this, so i'll keep doin what I'm a'doin, but I'm tired.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#348219 06/10/12 06:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay. Furnace still not working. So no AC. 89 inside the house right now. Feel like I have a lead weight on my leg (cast).

...and on top of it all, after over a year of having no neighbors, we finally have some. They finished moving in today, and are now sitting on their deck smoking and smoking one Cig after another. Earlier there were about 5-6 people puffing away at one time. The problem with this...the fan in my kitchen window is pulling in the smell. Not terribly strong, but it is there.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#348220 06/12/12 08:37 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
All sympathy to my buddies who are wading hip deep in it.

hug

I have a job interview in 90 minutes. The agency never got around to telling me the hours, the pay, or what I'll be doing. All I know is that it's part-time temporary and in a locale where I'm royally screwed if my shift begins or ends anytime between 9 AM and 1 PM.

But I still have to dress nice, be all happy and perky and CAN-DO, BOSS! and go out there and put on another humiliating show. (Oh, and pay for freaking cab fare home. See my above comment. The bus line has "dead hours" in the middle of the day and I have no desire to sit in a parking lot twiddling my thumbs for four hours once the interview's over.)

scream

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I DON'T WANNA' DO THIS ANYMORE!! FOUR YEARS ON THIS FREAKIN' MERRY-GO-ROUND IS MORE THAN ENOUGH, DAMNIT! FOR THE LOVE OF DOG! WHO DO I HAVE TO TRIP, MAIM, OR KILL TO PLEASE JUST MAKE IT <span style="font-size: 20px;"><blink>STOP!!</blink></span></span></span>

<span style="font-size: 10px;">And when I get home it's more trawling, more useless attempts to tweak my resume, more repetitive apps that nobody ever answers, more groveling and begging. Of course.</span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348221 06/16/12 11:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am never going on Newsarama again.

Also, UGH! I've been reading Puella Magi Kazumi Magica and the latest chapters aren't online! I haven't been positively full of suspense about a comic in years!

#348222 06/18/12 06:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I realized something not to long ago, and it continues to play itself out.

I took phone calls from a friend of mine at very late hours helping him thorough a very tough time. He said that if I ever needed to talk about anything he was there to listen...anytime.

Well, he has answered two calls of about 35 in the last two months. I then usually see him posting about what he has been doing...which is usually not something that he couldn't stop for a few minutes to talk. Oh yeah, and one of the times he answered it turned immediately into what he was going through, instead of picking up where we had left off the other time he answered and said that he wanted to continue what we were talking about because he had a thought about it.

Just feeling really f'ing alone sometimes...and really unappreciated.

Yes, I know there are people here that are here for me...but some things require certain knowledge of situations over time...

#348223 06/18/12 08:13 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Ugh. There's few things I hate more than people who expect you to be there for them but are never there when you need them.

Been there, got a closet full of t-shirts.

#348224 06/18/12 08:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah...all too often.

Turns out...the people I know from on lone are better friends than most of my real life ones.

#348225 06/29/12 08:08 AM
OP Offline
Ok, I am not the best housekeeper and I can let the dishes pile up for a couple of days. But my roommate has let his dishes (which are actually mine) go for a couple of weeks. He had dirtied all the bowls. He'll wash one to use in the morning.

So, this morning I said to him "Could you wash the dishes you used in the sink? I wanted to use a bowl last night but they were all dirty." He responded with "I just use the bowls." & I said "Yes, and they are all dirty."

A few minutes later, he comes out of his room. "You know the reason I haven't been doing the dishes is my plantar warts which you gave me. It makes it hurt to walk or stand." I was like "That I gave you???" "You purposefully infected me with the virus." He then went and washed some dishes. (I haven't looked to see how many he washed) And is now in his room.

I am so sprocking mad right now.

#348226 06/29/12 08:51 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just think of the amazing book this will all make one day.

In fact, you should follow him around the apartment notepad in hand, furiously jotting things down whenever he does anything at all.

That should set him on edge nicely.

#348227 06/29/12 09:40 AM
OP Offline
Trust me, it takes even less than that to set him on edge.

#348228 06/30/12 10:10 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
The optometrist told me today that if I don't like taking off my glasses to see up close then I have the option of bifocals. I knew it was coming but... bifocals?

#348229 07/01/12 02:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think I fell asleep for a half hour or an hour.

#348230 07/01/12 05:16 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by matlock:
The optometrist told me today that if I don't like taking off my glasses to see up close then I have the option of bifocals. I knew it was coming but... bifocals?
They call them "progressive lens" now. There is no line like bifocals used to have.

#348231 07/01/12 05:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
How does one give another plantar warts? Just asking.

#348232 07/01/12 05:47 PM
OP Offline
Well, I just talked to my roommate. I just don't know about him.

When I asked him if he really thought I purposely infected him with the virus that causes his plantar warts, He replied "Well I didn't have them when I moved in and I don't know who else could have given them to me." I responded with "I don't have the virus. BUt I am very offended that you would think that I would purposely infect you." He was like "well I would hope you wouldn't. But I remember watching TV with you once and a guy had penile warts and you were laughing at him for having penile warts." Me; "I don't remember that at all." plus it doesn't sound like something I would do. He then went into a lament about all the things wrong in his life and how others have done worse thing to him. In response to my saying that I would not do anything like that, he said "I would hope not."

I also told him that I didn't like his silent treatment. He did say that he can be like that to others too, not knowing how to respond (which is true). But really, your roommate walks in to the apartment and says "hi" and you don't know how to respond?

The conversation ended with me saying again how much it offended me to have him think I would do something like purposely infecting him with a virus. He again said that he would hope not and that he was sorry. I did say "If you really think that I would do anything to hurt you, maybe you shouldn't live here. If someone was trying to hurt me, I wouldn't want to be around them."

We shall see how things are for the next few days. I don't want to kick him out because he really doesn't have any place else he could go to. But if he makes me feel uncomfortable in my own apartment, then he will have to go.

#348233 07/01/12 05:53 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Power Boy:
How does one give another plantar warts? Just asking.
Well according to some medical web sites, they are caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus). The virus can infect from direct contact, such as communal showers. So really if anything, he could be giving them to me seeing as we use the same shower.

Why he thinks I have HPV, I don't know.

#348234 07/01/12 06:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
shower shoes. shower shoes.

eek

#348235 07/01/12 07:00 PM
OP Offline
Yeah, I need to buy some tomorrow

#348236 07/01/12 07:02 PM
You have kind, compassionate, and patient soul, Quis.

Have you tried establishing boundaries? For example, you could tell him, "I want you to continue living here, but you're going to have to do x, x, and x" (such as "not hurl false accusations at me," "not give me the silent treatment," etc.) Perhaps he will respond well if someone sets boundaries for him or lets him know his behavior has consequences. If he does not agree to your terms and moves out, then a) you've lost nothing, and b) you know where you stand.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#348237 07/01/12 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
[b] How does one give another plantar warts? Just asking.
Well according to some medical web sites, they are caused by HPV (Human Papillomavirus). The virus can infect from direct contact, such as communal showers. So really if anything, he could be giving them to me seeing as we use the same shower.

Why he thinks I have HPV, I don't know. [/b]
I went looking up that info yesterday after reading your previous post, Quis.

Honestly, even if you felt real malice towards this guy (which I know you don't), it sounds like he'd have to have pretty poor personal habits himself to catch plantar warts from somebody he was living with.

I hope you can work it out, but I wouldn't blame you if you got fed up and told him to pack his bags.

hug

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348238 07/01/12 07:14 PM
OP Offline
I did say that I did not want the silent treatment. I said "you don't have to be the life of the party or engage in deep conversations, but just acknowledge me when I say 'Hello'."

The thing about the false accusations, he said he was sorry and that he hopes I wouldn't do things like that, but that last bit makes me think that he is still thinking it. There was no "yeah, I don't know what I was thinking to have thought that."

I really do have to think about if I want him to keep living here. As it is only my name is on the lease as being responsible for the rent. He is listed as only living here.

#348239 07/01/12 07:19 PM
OP Offline
You have kind, compassionate, and patient soul, Quis.
Also known as a sucker. wink

Page 15 of 58 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,222
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
cleome57
cleome57
Vanity, OR
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star