Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 37 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 08:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 58 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#348315 09/01/12 09:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Finally getting to Macau later this week, but I won't get to bungee jump because I injured my foot! frown

#348316 09/01/12 09:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Finally getting to Macau later this week, but I won't get to bungee jump because I injured my foot! frown

#348317 09/01/12 09:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Are there other things you can do or were you going just to bungee jump?

#348318 09/01/12 09:31 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, there are other things I can do, and the trip was free anyway.

I don't mind going back to Macau just to bungee jump, but it sure seems like a waste of plane fare. So bright side is, next time I go to Macau I'll use it as a stopover to somewhere else in China.

#348319 09/02/12 11:33 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
cleome, get out the crayons and draw on the walls. ;-)
Alas, I donated all the crayons to a nonprofit about two years ago.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348320 09/16/12 11:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am so sick of political postings on FB. I wish people would get their heads out of their own asses for more than a second and think about things logically.

Take the latest condemnation of Obama over apologizing for a movie stuff that is currently clogging my feed.

First off, the U.S. embassy in Cairo issued the statement about the movie, before the main attacks happened. There had been protesters, but no outright attacks from what I have been able to find. Why, you may ask is this little nugget important? Let's see. You're sitting in the middle of Muslim territory, with protesters outside. These protesters have been known in the past to get violent...what the hell are you going to say? I mean seriously...I'd be saying anything to try and calm anyone I could. Then Romney gets on his high horse after the Embassies are attacked and spouts about how they should have been condemned...the whle freakin point of what the Embassy put out was to try (even if was totally in vain) to stem what they thought could happen.

Coming out and telling them that they should get over it and go home, would not have helped the situation. It probably would have made it worse than it actually was. Or maybe not...but either Romney or Obama using this as an election point is showing me that this country is in trouble no matter what happens in November.

I am not a huge fan of Obama, nor was I a huge fan of Bush. Hell, I have not really liked most Presidents during my lifetime. But his election seems to have brought about blind hatred towards people running for President. A lot of it is ironically coming from my Christian friends...which I thought was supposed to be about loving your neighbor as God loves you. Maybe the stuff I have learned over the years as a Christian is somehow wrong...I do not remember Jesus giving any disclaimers about loving your neighbor. It was pretty plain and simple.

Sorry, but this election has really gotten to me. I am sick of both sides, and will be really happy when it is after the election, so then the posts will drop by about 5%...cause no matter who wins, the other side is going to be having a field day attacking the other side.

I may start dropping friends (or at least blocking people from my feed on FB at that point.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#348321 09/16/12 11:09 AM
evil

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#348322 09/16/12 11:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Re Facebook, I consistently hide the newsfeeds of people who annoy me. I've seen the silliest of opinions and the craziest of flame wars (here, it's the RH Bill).

I also block the feeds of people with awful self-absorbed postings, like this one guy I know who begins every invite with "who wants to join this pretty face in...". What a loser.

#348323 09/16/12 11:15 AM
IB, I am SO joining Facebook right now just so I can preface every comment I make with that very phrase!

poke

#348324 09/16/12 11:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
But cleome, at least if it's you it's true! and charming, and actually makes me wanna join you ^^

#348325 09/16/12 11:20 AM
lol

Yeah, but everyone else would clog my page with comments about what a great face I had for radio.

(I admit to having a somewhat morbid fascination with the political circus at this moment. Since I'm a registered Green and have been for years, my usual sentiment seeing these staged brawls between the Big Two Party Flacks is Good. I hope you beat some sense into one another, but I won't hold my damn breath.)

#348326 09/16/12 11:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like Facebook because I have been able to get in touch with friends that moved away that I would never had had a chance to find again.

People that fall out of your life for various reasons, but not due to not wanting to talk to them, just busy with life stuff. I have a friend that lives in Japan with his family now that I had not talked to for years. Now we can chit chat and interact.

That's why I do it anyway.

#348327 09/16/12 11:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by cleome46:
shrug

I also can't stand either of them. But I'd at least agree our foreign policy has way bigger problems than whether or not to issue an official apology over a Grade "Z" biopic.

There are a great many legitimate reasons to dislike Obama as far as I'm concerned. As there would have been McCain had he been elected. Especially when it comes to foreign policy. Invariably there are no major differences between the two parties in that regard. Only cosmetic ones.
I would agree with you on all these points Cle. I am pretty middle of the road with leanings both ways on certain subjects.

#348328 09/16/12 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I like Facebook because I have been able to get in touch with friends that moved away that I would never had had a chance to find again.

People that fall out of your life for various reasons, but not due to not wanting to talk to them, just busy with life stuff. I have a friend that lives in Japan with his family now that I had not talked to for years. Now we can chit chat and interact.

That's why I do it anyway.
I understand, Dev. hug

I just like to give people a hard time.

mr_cleome loves FB for that same reason. Also he's a liberal in a liberal stronghold, so I'm guessing he wolfs down the election year stuff like it's potato chips.

I'm not a liberal, so national politics is one of those things we really have to avoid conversing about at this time of year. It's the same deal when my Mom calls me. If she starts in about politics, I just hand the phone to mr_c.

sigh <span style="font-size: 10px;">I'm way too Left for most of my friends and family, but the internet is vast and wide. There are certain political junkies out there who think I'm a Right winger...</span>

#348329 09/16/12 11:29 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Same reason I Facebook. One good thing about it is it lets you choose whom you want to keep connected with wink

#348330 12/04/12 03:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Got a problem with a neighbour? Why not suggest they move to Amsterdam's Scum Village .

Amsterdam is to create “Scum villages” where nuisance neighbours and anti-social tenants will be exiled from the city and rehoused in caravans or containers with “minimal services” under constant police supervision.

Holland’s capital already has a special hit squad of municipal officials to identify the worst offenders for a compulsory six month course in how to behave.

Social housing problem families or tenants who do not show an improvement or refuse to go to the special units face eviction and homelessness.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#348331 12/04/12 08:47 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
strange but not a stranger
What a great idea. Unless you are required to go to Scum Village

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#348332 12/06/12 08:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the process of moving into the new house. It's been since before thanksgivin and I am really, truly, completely sick of the move. Pluss, there's still things to do on the house. Carol finally told me to take December off some, but there's still to effin much to do.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#348333 12/06/12 08:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gotta agree with Rob on this one. Annoying neighbors are a problem, but I gots to say that the government being allowed to force you to move outta your home because someone doesn't like you...that's bullshite!

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#348334 12/06/12 09:33 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Eviction and homelessness does seem pretty harsh a penalty! I wonder how they determine who is classified as a "nuisance" or "antisocial" person?

#348335 12/06/12 12:17 PM
No kidding. I can just imagine how my neighbors feel about the crappy exterior of my house and yard. It looks that way because I'm broke all the time, not because I want to spite them.

:rolleyes: Some people do, in fact, equate lack of money to keep up appearances with willful "antisocial" behavior.

#348336 12/06/12 02:14 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by cleome46:
[QB]No kidding. I can just imagine how my neighbors feel about the crappy exterior of my house and yard. It looks that way because I'm broke all the time, not because I want to spite them.
[QB]
The outside of my place is somewhat in disrepair as well, though not due to finances. But when we bought the house it was a real fixer upper and making the inside nice (and comfy) for wifey and girlie girl is a higher priority than making sure the outside is pretty.

#348337 12/06/12 11:14 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I don't think the neighbors should have any complaint, as long as your roof isn't crushing their car or falling into their yards. tongue Although some people are just too nosey for their own good...

#348338 12/07/12 03:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The concept of Scum Village is quite horrifying, like a modern penal colony. Of course it will be used to settle scores. Also, it's probably easier than the old Soviet gambit of sending political dissidents to psychiatric facilities.

Most communities have an "unsightly and dangerous premises" bylaw, which may be used in personal vendettas or by picky people with nothing better to do than complain.

When I lived in a Montreal suburb, I had a lot of grief from a particular neighbour and the Council about my vegetable garden. It didn't conform to the manicured lawn standard. They would have liked to send me to Scum Village but I fooled them and moved to Nova Scotia (which according to our Prime Minister, is one giant Scum Village, but that's another story. And since this is a moaning thread, I don't like Stephen Harper either.)

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#348339 12/07/12 04:50 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I bet they're still shaking their fists at your old vegetable garden. Some people can be so awfully vindictive...

Page 19 of 58 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,222
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Silver Age Lad
Silver Age Lad
Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star