Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler), 68 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DC Nation Panel at Fan Expo... with LSH bits
#360715 08/22/08 10:27 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
From CBR , very interesting information on the future of Legion, and not even our Superboy is going to deny Shooter is being trampled over now. Oh, and people DON'T WANT Superman/boy & The Legion of Super-Heroes:

“I’m glad ‘Countdown’ is over. That was a long year of DC Nation for me,” Didio said after opening up the floor to fans for questions and feedback. Soon, the pendulum swung towards the Legion of Super-Heroes and the future of that franchise and how the decision to make changes and events a part of the line came out of the relaunch of another DC property.

“When I first started at DC, one of the franchises I really wanted to invigorate was ‘Teen Titans’…as the legend goes, Paul Levitz, my boss, didn’t believe ‘Teen Titans’ were going to work that well because we had done so many reboots before that, and they all seemed to trip over it,” Didio explained. “When ‘Titans’ came out [by Geoff Johns and Mike McKone] and was a big hit, Paul came into my office, threw a copy of ‘Teen Titans’ onto my desk and goes, ‘Too bad we can’t do the same thing with Legion.’

“We know there’s an audience out there, and we keep on trying to get it right,” he added, saying that the current “Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds” would be used as a barometer to figure out which interpretation fans liked the best and then move forward with “one, clear interpretation of the Legion by the time we’re through.”

When asked whether or not the room enjoyed a Legion with Superman/boy or as its own team, the crowd voted by a strong majority just for the Legion without including a “Super” lead.

There are many more very interesting bits and, in spite of many, many disagreements I have with the direction(less) DCU books recently, Dan proves he is very smart and way ahead of the curve many of its critics tend to nail him with.

Re: DC Nation Panel at Fan Expo... with LSH bits
#360716 08/22/08 11:31 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ricardo:
From CBR , very interesting information on the future of Legion, and not even our Superboy is going to deny Shooter is being trampled over now.
I still don't see how he's being trampled.

He's given a year to revive the title...that's not trampling on him, DC doesn't owe him an unlimited run on the book.

You realize that I like his Legion and defend it don't you? I read it...

But the sales, they decline.

And another reboot/relaunch, it looms.

Oh, and people DON'T WANT Superman/boy & The Legion of Super-Heroes:
You mean the existing fan base of die hard Legion Fans don't you?. It is old news. And it's always been true Ricardo...people said the exact same things back in the lettecols of Adv #304 or something like that.

That voice has always been heard...and never really to long term benefit of the Legion.

Why do you think I took this name :smokin

If you conduct a poll here you will get the same reults or worse...

IF he'd asked that room what is the best team book ever, they'd have said the Legion..

If you conduct a poll on this forum asking what the best team is ever...it will be the Legion.

But it does not sell like the best team book ever, it does not hold it's audience or find a new one like the best team book ever.

It's not the Legion fans that are the problem, it's the non-Legion fans that are the problem.

I personally don't see how he's going to figure out which version is the most popular with them all being featured in the same title...he'll have to split them up and do some specials to find that out...that'll be cool, I hope he does it.

#360717 08/23/08 02:05 AM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by Superboy:
[QB]
From CBR , very interesting information on the future of Legion, and not even our Superboy is going to deny Shooter is being trampled over now.

He's given a year to revive the title...that's not trampling on him, DC doesn't owe him an unlimited run on the book.

Let me see... First month he is on the job and Legion of 3 Worlds is announced. With the top DC writer and George Pérez. Moreover, it seems it is dealing with a team that was supposed to be dead, but very likely going to be revived. DC puts all their bets on Johns (as you clearly see on the interview). Add to that, the main book is not mentioned, doesn't seem to be part of it and gossips all around talk about its dismissal just a couple of months after Shooter's arrival. To make it worse, DC doesn't deny or at least place it under the radar("Hey kids, wanna know more about Legion for L3W? Buy the monthly!" - in fact, they lauch a TP with a bunch of half useless stories chosen by Johns that seem to contradict whatever is happening on the main book.
Really, I can't see how it could EVER work for Shooter, except for the core ever reading Legionnaires.

#360718 08/23/08 07:28 AM
Active
Active
[QB]

Let me see... First month he is on the job and Legion of 3 Worlds is announced. With the top DC writer and George Pérez. Moreover, it seems it is dealing with a team that was supposed to be dead, but very likely going to be revived. DC puts all their bets on Johns (as you clearly see on the interview). Add to that, the main book is not mentioned, doesn't seem to be part of it and gossips all around talk about its dismissal just a couple of months after Shooter's arrival. To make it worse, DC doesn't deny or at least place it under the radar("Hey kids, wanna know more about Legion for L3W? Buy the monthly!" - in fact, they lauch a TP with a bunch of half useless stories chosen by Johns that seem to contradict whatever is happening on the main book.
Really, I can't see how it could EVER work for Shooter, except for the core ever reading Legionnaires.
I never understood DC's approach to this. from the moment the other LSH showed up it was a death knell for this book. I guess marginal sales of the current book are better than shutting down until after Absolute Crisis(with citron).

As always, Didio gives better spin than a White House spokesperson. The fans will decide which team is more popular. Yeah right, like they don't know which version will get a new book.

#360719 08/23/08 12:06 PM
A
Active
Active
A
How can LO3W be used as a barometer to determine what interpretation fans want? The series has "all three" legions in it, so what will good sales of it tell us? Whatever.

#360720 08/24/08 12:14 AM
Active
Active
[QB]

If something is good people will read it...this book loses readers every month based on it's own merits. It's not that popular with diehard Legion fans. It gets heavily criticized in the discussion threads in this forum. It is far from the best book being produced by DC right now IMO.

This book is selling like the Legion has sold for nearly 2 decades now, outside of relaunches/reboots.

I personally don't see what is wrong with fans having a choice...and I don't think LO3W/Action is the reason this book isn't gaining readers or even holding it's audience...it just doesn't grab people.

#360721 08/24/08 01:15 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I would love for fans to have a "choice." However, what choice will there be after Lo3W? I think we all know there will be a single LSH book and either it is going to be a combination of all the Legions or a Johns' Action Legion.

As for the book losing readers, I think you are too quick to dismiss the lack of support for the book from DC, as well as the feeling that a lot of us have had since the Action arc that the threeboot's time is numbered. I can understand a lot of people thinking there is no point to getting invested in the threeboot when it is likely to end soon. It's a shame, because Shooter had to spend some issues trying to clean up the mess he was left from the previous writers, and I think he's mostly built the book to where he would have liked to begin his run. I would have liked to see him with a dozen issues going forward from the current point.

#360722 08/25/08 03:43 PM
Active
Active
Edit: Wrong thread sorry.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star