Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 41 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/16/24 03:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The New Writer Is
#361556 03/24/07 10:12 PM
Active
Active
I think Tenzil had become a woman, hadn't he?

That was a funny story. Tenz tried to lie his way around the Sklarians' questions by stating he's from "Bismollina" a small and unimportant Sklarian town, which was "governed" by Mother "Friggafrugga" the Great(?)

I hope the new writer will add some humor too.
Mark Waid's characterisation of Cham was wonderful in that respect.

#361557 03/25/07 02:58 PM
Substitute
Substitute
JSA #4 last page.
What has Geoff Johns got up his sleeve for the "real" Legion.

The end of Bedards run would come close to the end of the first year of JSA. Could Johns be cooking something up within the JSA title that would carry over to the main Legion title.

Perhaps with him invoking a new status quo for the book in some way?

#361558 03/25/07 08:45 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Seems to me that the Starman we see in JSA is from the original "boot" up to "End of An Era" aka the StarBOY we all grew up with and loved. The name he keeps using, isn't that the guy he killed that got him demoted to the Subs along with Dreamgirl?

#361559 03/25/07 09:38 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Seems to me that the Starman we see in JSA is from the original "boot" up to "End of An Era" aka the StarBOY we all grew up with and loved. The name he keeps using, isn't that the guy he killed that got him demoted to the Subs along with Dreamgirl?
Yes. But, you know... my suspicion is that the Legion we're seeing in JSA is the Legion circa Crisis on Infinite Earths. After all, by the time 'End of an Era' came along, Star Boy and Dream Girl had both retired from superheroing and were kind of out of shape, and Dawnstar had had her wings cut off (unless she got them back later on... I don't remember).

#361560 03/25/07 09:45 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
D'oh! That's right. This would be Thom before he became a professional Moopsball coach.

#361561 03/26/07 02:35 AM
Reservist
Reservist
re: Waid, Bedard, new writer

I don't question Waid's devotion to the Legion, just his execution on his current run with the team. I guess it's difficult to be imaginative when you stretch your efforts across several books (52, Brave & the Bold, etc.).

As for Bedard, I'm not too familiar with his work but having someone like him (with what appears to be an understanding and appreciation for the Legion), even for 6 months, will hopefully yield positive results.

I think it's a matter of equal parts damage control & creative shuffling as far as the creative team is concerned. I mean, Waid's rebuilt this team once before and both drew heat from fans. While it may not be warranted, it is justified in that Legion fans want the best from Legion creators.

re: the Legion explosion

Between the current LSH, the LSH31 (in the 31st century, all-ages book), some LSH members making appearances in JSA, with 52 hinting at a way for all incarnations of the LSH to become "in-continuity" (whatever that word means these days), the Showcase Presents edition & to an extent the LSH cartoon, it hopefully snowballs into a massive celebration for the Legion next year (if i'm not mistaken). I for one am looking for anything and everything Legion-related.

Long Live the Legion!!!

Igee The Mighty!
#361562 03/26/07 10:57 AM
Active
Active
So am I, Igee. I guess all of us want a massive celebration for the Legion, that will attract new readers and will ensure its continuing success. Maybe even push it to the top once again. smile

The cartoon helped quite a lot. I think it's safe to say that most Legion fans like it. We have a second Legion magazine, a 2nd season is a sure thing, so it looks like the future is bright for the Legion!

#361563 08/06/07 01:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Was this posted anywhere?

If not, here's the Legion tidbits -

RT: Let's talk "Legion of Superheroes." Were you a big "Legion" fan yourself? I'll admit that prior to Mark Waid's work on the title, I never read a Legion book in my life.

TB: Being a "Legion" fan is a thing unto itself, man. [laughs]

Speaking of not reading message boards, I stay away from the Legion ones as much as possible. But it's only because the Legion has four or five distinct incarnations that are somebody's favorite, and with those fans it's either their version or none at all.

For example, you saw the version of the Legion that showed up in the JLA/JSA crossover, right?

RT: Yes, sir.

TB: And they aren't the ones that Waid has been doing in his book.

Brad Meltzer and Geoff Johns really dug the seventies version of the Legion, so that's what they went to. But if you choose one version of the Legion to do, the fans of the other four factions gang up on you.

As a creator, that is a bit of a challenge. But as a fan, I'm not like that. I happen to like something from each of the Legion eras. I'm just trying to tip my hat to all of them -- which probably means I'll please no one.

One person who is pleased with Bedard's work on the book is just-exited writer Mark Waid, who had this to say: "Tony's doing a great job with the Legionnaires and their voices as established, but more importantly, he's creating new characters that are fun to watch. And he didn't even complain that I used Validus in Brave and Bold before he got to him. Good man, that Bedard."

RT: So what's happening in the book currently?

TB: It's one big overall story arc, even though it is split into three chapters. I'm tying up several loose threads from Waid's run. It's definitely still his book and I loved what he did with the Legionnaires.

I'm trying to focus on specific Legionnaires who haven't gotten the spotlight that much. There are certain major players like Brainiac 5, who is much smarter than everyone else and doesn't mind reminding everyone of that. He's kind of a jerk but I love that about him.

#361564 08/06/07 06:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
TB: Being a "Legion" fan is a thing unto itself, man. [laughs]

Speaking of not reading message boards, I stay away from the Legion ones as much as possible. But it's only because the Legion has four or five distinct incarnations that are somebody's favorite, and with those fans it's either their version or none at all.
Now here, I call BS on this one. Most have us message boarders that could even argue for our
favorite "version" HAVE ALL VERSIONS SITTING IN BOXES!

Now,

What does that say?

It's really a kitchen and heat thing with the Legion. I suppose we could all slobber on them for creating yet another version or they could learn that a really good Legion writer enjoys our angst. If we're arguing for one version and say something grudingly nice about the one the writer put forth, that's more gold then the callused kneed adoration they'd get from fans of other books.

Blah. I'm rewriting my review of the last issue. I don't like it anymore, the writing was terrible and the logo stinks.

smile

#361565 08/06/07 06:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
" I'm just trying to tip my hat to all of them -- which probably means I'll please no one."

He said it not I. I gotta agree not sure what to make of the interview. This creative team is really honest! That's a good thing. smile

Hey I loved last issue and that is all that matters.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,368
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Italian Boy
Italian Boy
Las Vegas, NV
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star