Roll Call
0 members (), 32 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mark Waid/LSH Article posted @ Comic Book Resources, Now with Added Barry Kitson!
#362611 12/03/04 02:04 PM
A
Active
OP Offline
Active
A
Here

[edit note: adding a link to Barry's review as well.]

Re: Mark Waid/LSH Article posted @ Comic Book Resources, Now with Added Barry Kitson!
#362612 12/03/04 02:11 PM
A
Active
OP Offline
Active
A
It's got extra preview pages too!

Re: Mark Waid/LSH Article posted @ Comic Book Resources, Now with Added Barry Kitson!
#362613 12/03/04 02:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
THANKS!

It fuels my ambivalent optimism. Will 12/29 never get here!?!

#362614 12/03/04 02:39 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Arune Singh has this maddening and stupid habit, for a long time now, of calling it "Legion of Superheroes." It's "Super-Heroes." I don't care what his preference is, you go by what the publisher says the name is.

What adds to this stupidity is that he's obviously picking up e-mailed responses by Waid, who is using "super-heroes" both in title references and in running commentary.

Sorry, but interviewers and editors who impose their own idiosyncrasies like this get under my skin, and always have. Arune is a good interviewer, but smaller lapses like this abound at CBR, and its journalistic reputation suffers for it. The first requirement for such repute is a functioning, consistent copy desk.

#362615 12/03/04 03:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Some possible SPOILERS in here, I guess...

How come everytime I read something new about the upcoming LSH, I'm just more excited about it? Actually, I like the idea of calling them "agents of chaos" in that it moves away from the standard "chaos = evil". Additionally, it sounds to me like the WaK era Legion is going to be more like the original version in some respects. You have an apparent utopian society, but beneath the service there's a lot of trouble. Otherwise, who did anyone have to fight? I never saw the reboot Legion as utopian, but the preboot, pre-TMK version was supposed to be just that.

Interestingly, it looks like Cargg(g) is out of the picture. That tells us that the nature of her powers are different from what we've seen before.

I also like the spotlight issues; or, rather, that only a limited number of Legionnaires show up each issue. That allows them to come into focus, gain characterization, and not give that "it's too crowded" feeling I often felt in the reboot. It's also a lot like early Legion, especially the Adventure era.

I am a bit hopeful that the story that made him a fan was the one the killed Ferro Lad. Maybe he likes him enough to give him another chance - and maybe he'll even survive if the Fatal Five don't show up.

Lastly, if this Legion is in any way an homage to the Silver Age, maybe we'll see an "Earth-1/Earth-2" style crossover with the reboot Legion. (I wouldn't include the preboot Legion mainly because I think that goes back too far.)

Dan
#362616 12/03/04 03:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks for the link APB! I had already been to CBR this morning and would have missed it. I've added the additional pages to our 'gallery' of new Legion images here .

#362617 12/03/04 03:15 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Thanks for the link APB! I had already been to CBR this morning and would have missed it. I've added the additional pages to our 'gallery' of new Legion images here .
I've got to admit that Sun Boy's costume looks a lot better in this close up, as does it hair. It's like they're _trying_ to make me like it or something! smile

I also note that Ultra Boy looks really young. I find it to be a refreshing change. And the look on Chameleon's face is just so amusing.

Dan
#362618 12/03/04 03:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I can buy the explanation behind Chameleon not being a Boy/Girl/Lad/Lass. It should make for some interesting interactions. I wonder how Durla is excepted in this new imagining.

And Ayla is way flirty. Not sure if I like that aspect of her yet or not.

#362619 12/03/04 03:24 PM
Active
Active
Isn't Chameleon just the cutest little thing!

There's nothing particularly new in this interview except maybe the revelation that the UP is heading towards interstellar war. Will Waid's no re-telling policy extend to the Khunds and the Dominators? They have already been established as existing in the 20th Century DCU.

#362620 12/03/04 03:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I did pick up one new thing for sure (once I sat and read the interview instead of looking at the pretty pictures). Winath no longer exists. Or at least won't exist as Lightning Lad's home planet. So I am now totally curious as to if he and Ayla are twins and if that's the norm. Did they get their powers in the same way. All that. I don't even know if he'll still be called Garth! scream wink

#362621 12/03/04 03:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hooray! New art! Lots of Easter Eggs!

#362622 12/03/04 04:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
*Gasp*! Is Lyle destined to die in a magic keyhole like most new members Ayla flirts with?

#362623 12/03/04 04:46 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Okay, I'm finally tapped out. I don't like it at all, conceptually or from what I've seen.

Last post on this re"imagine"ing ever. End.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#362624 12/03/04 04:54 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I'm more excited about this series than I was before - and that's saying something.

Kudos to Run for another fantastic interview.

He's the best comics journalist I know of, and just his byline is enough to get me to read an interview I might otherwise be disinterested in.

#362625 12/03/04 04:59 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Well I did pick up one new thing for sure (once I sat and read the interview instead of looking at the pretty pictures). Winath no longer exists. Or at least won't exist as Lightning Lad's home planet.
Oh no - wait!

Where is that???

I read "Though changing the planet of origin for Live Wire, for example, may seem trivial, Waid knows that it matters to Legion fans" as:

"some writers might think changing Live Wire's home planet, FOR EXAMPLE, would be trivial, but Waid doesn't."

#362626 12/03/04 05:17 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
in the last page, who was sitting next to jeckie on the couch?

#362627 12/03/04 05:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
It's the first time I read something by Waid that sounds remotely positive for the new series... I'm still checking it for the art though. I've been disppointed by Waid too many times in the past

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#362628 12/03/04 05:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well I did pick up one new thing for sure (once I sat and read the interview instead of looking at the pretty pictures). Winath no longer exists. Or at least won't exist as Lightning Lad's home planet. So I am now totally curious as to if he and Ayla are twins and if that's the norm. Did they get their powers in the same way. All that. I don't even know if he'll still be called Garth! scream wink
Is that true, though? I got the feeling that Waid was just making something up like "imagine if X was true". I think I'll definitely miss Winath if it's gone. It was one of the more wonderful places in the Legion Universe.

Dan
#362629 12/03/04 05:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by joe mondo:
[b] Well I did pick up one new thing for sure (once I sat and read the interview instead of looking at the pretty pictures). Winath no longer exists. Or at least won't exist as Lightning Lad's home planet.
Oh no - wait!

Where is that???

I read "Though changing the planet of origin for Live Wire, for example, may seem trivial, Waid knows that it matters to Legion fans" as:

"some writers might think changing Live Wire's home planet, FOR EXAMPLE, would be trivial, but Waid doesn't."[/b]
That's not the way I took it. But then, when I first read the interview, I don't recall FOR EXAMPLE being used. Since I was reading at work I can't say for certain if I just skimmed over it or not.

#362630 12/03/04 05:51 PM
Substitute
Substitute
hmm...i've read it over and i don't take it that way either.....however with Waid, i tend to take what he says with a grain of salt. He does have a history of saying one thing then doing the opposite. Oh well, we'll see. And despite the negative sounding post i have very high hopes for this reimagining of the legion

Now with Calcium!!!
#362631 12/03/04 06:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
[b]
[b] Well I did pick up one new thing for sure (once I sat and read the interview instead of looking at the pretty pictures). Winath no longer exists. Or at least won't exist as Lightning Lad's home planet.
Oh no - wait!

Where is that???

"some writers might think changing Live Wire's home planet, FOR EXAMPLE, would be trivial, but Waid doesn't."[/b]
That's not the way I took it. But then, when I first read the interview, I don't recall FOR EXAMPLE being used. Since I was reading at work I can't say for certain if I just skimmed over it or not. [/b]
No, you're correct - it doesn't say "for example" - I'm saying that's what I took him to mean.

#362632 12/04/04 06:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Greybird:
Arune Singh has this maddening and stupid habit, for a long time now, of calling it "Legion of Superheroes." It's "Super-Heroes." I don't care what his preference is, you go by what the publisher says the name is.
[/i]
It's "Super-Heroes" as of now. So someone must have given him the hint.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#362633 12/04/04 06:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, you're correct - it doesn't say "for example" - I'm saying that's what I took him to mean.
Am I not seeing something? It does say "for example".

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#362634 12/04/04 07:49 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Ack!

So it does.

"For example".

But in a slightly different context than I used it.

Trying to do to many things at the same time over here...

#362635 12/04/04 08:05 AM
Deputy
Deputy
"Live Wire" doesn't even exist in this reality, so the statement is questionable on that basis alone. Regardless, they'd be wise to fiddle with his origin story, as the lightning beasts of Korbal probably wouldn't cut it anymore. Maybe Winath is now Amarta (it's original name) and the natives are all meta-humans with null-grav powers like Light Lass. L-Lad's electrical powers were triggered by a freak industrial accident, or something like that. Whatever you do, Mr. Waid, please don't erase Mekt.

So, the Fatal Five, Computo, Universo, etc., are out, but the Dominators are back? Interesting.

My only objection to these pages is Legion HQ looks much too CLEAN and tidy to be the home of "agents of chaos". If they're rebelling against a sterile utopia with anachronistic behavior and thinking, maybe they should be more like 21st century teenagers. You know, a lot messier.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Kahn
The Kahn
30th Century Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star