Roll Call
0 members (), 53 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 11:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Shooter: It's Official
#365011 10/08/07 07:22 PM
Active
Active
Well, I don't subscribe at all to the notion of "real" Legion, "real" Legion fans etc. I really don't like this kind of polarization in general.
Of *course* my fave Legion is the 70s/80s one, and it was great seeing them again in Lightning Saga, and I'm super-excited about their upcoming appearance in Action Comics and the prospect of a more "permanent" presence (a new title).
A few people thought the discrepances in Lightning Saga were "suspect". I prefer to call them "mystifying". It's just a matter of perspective.
I don't want the WaK Legion to disappear though. I don't want it to be replaced by the "classic" Legion, and I particularly don't want a reboot.
Mr. Shooter said he isn't going to replace the WaK Legion with another version and I hope he really meant it.

Let me explain: It'd be fantastic to have the classic Legion (note that I don't use the words real or even original Legion) in their own magazine, and yes! in an either/or situation I'd go with the classic one instead of the WaK Legion, but it'd feel like a pyrrhic victory to me.
Not only I'd miss the WaK Legion, not only we'd have fewer Legion stories, but a replacement of that Legion with the classic one by another reboot would dampen my enthusiasm considerably because it'd mean that *any* Legion, classic or otherwise, could and most probably *would* be replaced down the road by another one, and another one.
Maybe that's why I find the myth of Sisyphus one of the scariest in Greek mythology (He went to Tartarus, the netherworld, where he is forced to roll a block of stone against a steep hill, which tumbles back down when he reaches the top. Then the whole process starts again, lasting all eternity). laugh

#365012 10/08/07 10:42 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Set:
The whole Klar thing mentioned above is a prime example. If someone needs to explain to me why Waid's writing has depth, then he didn't to a great job of showing that. I didn't need anyone to explain to me what V for Vendetta or the Watchmen or Ennis' run on Swamp Thing meant, so I don't think it was *my fault* for not 'getting' what Waid was doing.
[...]
Even if I *am* a moron, and 'didn't get Waid's awesome writing,' I'm still gonna be dismissive of his work here.
That's fair, but I would say two things:

1. I think that we, as comics readers, often don't read carefully enough to get everything out of the stories that we could get. I like noticing stuff like the thing with Klar's glasses, and I'm going to try hard to understand more things like that, because I think it's interesting, and after all I'm paying good money for these comics.

2. What the thing with Klar's glasses (as well as other things) shows is that, whatever else you can
say about Waid's work on this title, it's not accurate to say that this was one-buttocked hackwork. We could argue about how well Waid achieved the things he was trying on different levels, but there are those who will deny entirely that he was working on any level other than the superficial, and those people are, as a matter of straight fact, wrong.

#365013 10/11/07 12:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Waid did make some comment that whenever the Legion needs polishing they call him up. eh.
And it's the second time he messes up. You'd think they'd learn their lesson LOL

Ze Frainch Legion fan
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,367
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Paul Newell
Paul Newell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star