Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 11:12 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What happened to Creator Cosmos?
#365625 02/25/04 09:38 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Perhaps I should further explain the reasoning behind the apparent merging of Creator's Cosmos and the three or four forums that it had entailed, as well as the addition of the other professionals currently belonging to our message board.

First, I hope that Steve Lightle, Dave Cockrum, Chip Wallace, and Tom Feister don't feel that they have been dissed or slighted in any way. The decision to downsize was a tough one and many, including myself were worried that someone may take it wrong.

The addition of other creators to the board presented a potential problem of adding more forums. Which would have increased the time and energy to maintain them and made the other not-so-Legion related forums push farther down the page.

The maintenance issue is due to the fact that even TnT's post-less board had 6 files associated with it and caused at least a 30 second stop in the board's maintenance routines. During the nights when my online time is limited that adds up. Then, the boards that did have posts would taken even longer and even though the program is capable of processing 200 threads per 30 seconds, the forums of less than 200 still took at least that amount of time to process. That means a forum with more posts at least seems to take up less time.

It became evident to me that in order to keep this board workable for my needs, I could not add more forums unless they would produce enough traffic to sustain them, thus making the effort bearable. No new forums seemed unfair to the newer professionals willing to spend time interacting with us.

The question as to how to handle the situation was raised in a chat about message board issues. And, the idea to merge the creator forums arose from there.

The idea has a lot of potential. A forum no longer focused on one person, but on a number of professionals has more with which to draw upon. The one sole creator no longer has the pressure of maintaining a constant presense, yet can still use the platform to discuss a wider range of topic rather than just their Legion work. Or at least that's how I like to envision this forum.

I'm sorry. I wish I was in a position to offer forums to each an every creator that's joined us here. It was my orginial intent when I first set up this board, but the reality of this site has shown me that it's not possible at this time.

Re: What happened to Creator Cosmos?
#365626 02/29/04 03:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think having one big forum for all the creators is pretty cool.

I do wish we saw more of them here, though. I figure Steve and Gail will show back up soon since they have issues on the way.

I wish Dave Cockrum had internet access while he is recovering.

With TnT's cover stint coming to an end, I doubt we'll see them very much more if at all. frown

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Re: What happened to Creator Cosmos?
#365627 03/04/04 10:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I know one particular creator who would do well to post on this thread with an apology.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,373
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star