Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Creative teams - the sequel
#367005 06/22/05 06:40 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Now re-entering Earth's orbit, polymer screen down....activate environmental trans-suit....

Ahh...thats better.

Hi, me again (and i hope no-one gets too sick of me after awhile)

Can someone who has an encyclopaedic memory but not the attitude of a Brainiac 5 (no arrogant back-chat needed, please), tell me if there is a website devoted to the current whereabouts of the following Legion Writers:

Cary Bates, Paul Kupperberg, Tom Peyer, Otto Binder, Tom McCraw, Paul Levitz, Tom and Mary Bierbaum, Jim Shooter, Brian Telford (dont worry about this - slipped this one in coz i wanted to be a writer/artist...and also coz i know this person's whereabouts: he is tapping away this message even as i speak ), Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Gerry Conway.

Klordny!!!

Re: Creative teams - the sequel
#367006 06/22/05 09:15 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
No "back chat"? You're kidding right? I'm not sure what that is but being familiar with LegionWorld I'm afraid you're likely to be disappointed.

You might be able to track some of what you're looking for by following link after link through the portal of the creator's forum further down thwe forum list right here at LW...if you're lucky...or some of the brainiacs that seem to wander restlessly around the place could point you at a useful link or two.
Good luck and PLEASE report your progress, we'd like to be updated as to the whereabouts and projects of some of those guys too.

We know that Paul Levitz is a busy guy that has helped us keep the Legion alive from his high office as Chief Priest of the DCverse for some time now but as to whether or not he's being creative in print anywhere or whether he has a devotional website or might even own one is a mystery to me.

#367007 06/22/05 09:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Backchat = smart ass comments which wound and hurt peoples feelings as Brainy often did in the previous reboot. Poor Gates!!!!

#367008 06/22/05 09:30 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Before i forget, thank you for input, yellowkid
(which was something Brainy also never bothered to express)

- BrianT

#367009 06/24/05 12:52 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Okay, here's some more what-ifs for Legion writer:

Chris Claremont
Martin Pasko
Leo Dorfman
Mike Barr

I know im pushing my luck here, but i do remember these guys churning out some fab stuff during my comic-formative years:

Claremont (a mammoth world-record breaking run as writer on the X-Men. Has anyone beaten his contribution yet? Besides, i liked his dark, portent-filled stories - very gripping. Much like Tom Peyer's run on L.E.G.I.O.N. when Lyrissa Malor was killed by her own daughter!!!! Yikes!)

Martin Pasko churned out some terrific Superman stories back when Curt Swan was still artist, I remember one where Superman helps this young gypsyish alien woman who turned old. Thats all i can recall from that period.

Leo Dorfman did some excellent stories involving the pre-Crisis Supergirl, and again, my memory is vague about what else he had done, or whether he is still in the comic writing biz.

Mike W. Barr teamed Batman with a motley crew of meta-humans that included former Justice League wannabes Metamorpho, Black Lightning plus new heroes Katana, Geo-Force and Halo - called themselves the Outsiders - but went quickly to the forefront with several bizarre and outasight adventures. Are any of the new blood part of the current DC Universe?

Forgive my verboseness, guys and girls, its one of the unfortunate habits of being a wannabe Legion story-writer.

Oh well....

#367010 06/28/05 07:26 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Okay...another choice: Steve Englehart

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Kahn
The Kahn
30th Century Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star