Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 7 Murran Spies, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DISCUSSION: Should this forum be used primarily for “serious” topics?
#368078 07/18/03 01:23 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I'm probably going to catch hell for this, and I may be out of line raising this issue, but I’d like to know how everyone else feels about it.

I was under the impression that this forum was gravitating toward the more “serious” topics, like discussions of Legion eras, Legionnaires, their histories, artists and writers, as well as fan memoirs, some Legion inquiries of newer fans, and of course Legion trivia.

Likewise it seemed that the Mission Monitor Board forum was becoming the home of the more playful and whimsical posting.

But recently it appears to have changed.

I raise the issue because I was considering spending time updating the “Turning Points” topic with a continuation of my What If scenarios of early Adventure. I have mentioned that this is time-consuming; let’s face, it’s writing, not just our usual off-the-cuff posting.

But when I look at page one of this forum, I realize that perhaps within 15 minutes after posting it may be pushed halfway down the page, and who knows, in 3-4 hours maybe on page 2. It’s discouraging, because why spend all that time writing when it’s isn’t going to have a reasonable amount of board “visibility” before it gets buried? I think we all have expectations of a minimal amount of board visibility in our topics and posts.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not at all against the playful topics. I myself create some in this ID and also in my alt ID of Nardo, but I’ve been trying to keep any such primarily humor topics over at MMB. It seemed the right place.

We all enjoy adding humor to our posts and appreciate others doing it, but this sheer volume of spontaneous whimsy topics seems inappropriate in what this forum was shaping up to be.

Basically I’m saying, kids, c'mon, please don’t play in the study area. Could you take it outside?

The solution to this issue isn't flagging topics. For example, I created "Turning Points," but I don't think it deserves a "top" flag. And you can't flag all the serious topics.

Adding another forum seems unnecessary. We already have, what, 13? I'm not suggesting making new rules or new forums. I'm suggesting consideration for others' interests.

Am I being unreasonable? A grouch? I'm sure you'll tell me.

So how does everyone else feel? Should this forum be primarily for “serious” topics, or is a high volume of spontaneous whimsy topics appropriate in this forum?

Try not to burn my ears off.

ChameleonBoy

Re: DISCUSSION: Should this forum be used primarily for “serious” topics?
#368079 07/18/03 01:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I agree.

I don't think you're being unreasonable.

Maybe some clarification and renaming of the forums would be appropriate?

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#368080 07/18/03 01:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As much as I dislike the idea of "rules", Reep has a point. I don't see anything wrong with fun titles and posts. But there is no reason they can't be contained to the Mission MOnitor Board.

What does everyone else think?

Touch the magic...
#368081 07/18/03 01:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think that seems reasonable. I realize that even serious topics can take a turn for the whimsical, but having them all mixed together does make it difficult to find topics. I certainly do partake of the whimsy threads from time to time, but in the general forum I primarily look at the more serious discussions. And sometimes those topics do tend to get pushed down quickly, so if you're looking for serious, it's tough to find them. That was my only complaint with the DC Legion Boards.

There are plenty of available forums here at Legion World. I think it sounds reasonable to have one forum dedicated to serious Legion-related discussion. That still leaves plenty of places for strictly whimsical threads. There can easily be something for everyone here smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#368082 07/18/03 01:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I certainly don't think you should tell people how to post, Reep.

As far as the "serious" vs. "nonserious" topics, I DEFINITELY think there's room for both. I'm sure once we have the next issue of Legion there will be lots of serious discussion about it.

It sounds like you're miffed about a thread you spent a lot of time on being pushed down, which is something we can all relate to, but that's the nature of posting on a message board! Not every post, serious or playful, is going to get 200 responses. I've definitely had my share of both, and I know how frustrating it can be when a fave topic doesn't catch fire like you think it should.

I definitely don't want this forum to be SERIOUS all the time. As for Thriftshop Debutante's "whimsical" topics she posts every so often en masse (and let's not be coy about it, let's call a spade a spade and talk about what this thread is REALLY about,) I like the lightening up of the forum she brings. And usually, the board irons itself out in a day or so.

EVERYONE has the right to talk about what they want to talk about in this forum, as long as it is LEGION-RELATED, whimsical or not. I like having the mix of humor and seriousness to pick from.

Mission Monitor Board seems to be a catch-all, anyway, and it's main emphasis seems to be the lives and idiosyncrazies of the people who post here: thus the different "rooms." Anyway, that's my two cents.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#368083 07/18/03 01:43 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I think all of the Legion World forums should be funny and non-sensical. Even the "study forum".

But that's just me. Sometimes you just gotta let the thread live or die under it own momentum. Sooner or later, all threads get pushed to the bottom. Take satisfaction out of the time that you put into it, and don't worry about whether or not the thread gets pushed to the bottom in a posting frenzy.

If you really like the thread, you can always come back and bump it occassionally.

I'm off to check out all the fun on the Mission Monitor Board. I didn't know there was fun to be had there...

Something Filthy!
#368084 07/18/03 02:02 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I'm sorry but I don't think all the forums should be funny and non-sensical. Why? I can't even understand that viewpoint. Should all meals be hamburgers? Should all music be country western?

What is wrong with having a forum that's mostly serious? Why does it have to be flooded with whimsical topics?

I'm not at all telling people what to post and I don't appreciate anyone making that mis-representation. I'm simply suggesting there are appropriate areas for appropriate topics.

Yes, there is of course room for both serious and whimsical topics. Does it have to be on the same forum?

Would you expect to do practice music in a river? In a flood?

Why not utilize separate forums for separate "attitudes?"

I'm not suggesting anyone stop posting anything. I'm suggesting they consider the most appropriate forum.

What's wrong with that?

#368085 07/18/03 02:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I certainly don't think you should tell people how to post, Reep.
I don't really think that's his intention, Jeff. One of the biggest problems the LMBP ever had to face on the old DC Boards was that some people on the Legion Board didn't appreciate having our whimsical threads mixed into their more serious topics. They weren't really interested in whimsy, and it was a pain for them to have to search through our posts to find topics that interested them.

Our answer was to go over to the Legionnaires board, where we more or less had free reign to be as wacky as we wanted, since really no one else was posting there. It was all good until the two boards were combined into one, and we tried to bring our brand of topics back into the Legion board. We had the same problem again.

Now, it doesn't seem to me that anyone is saying that everyone has to make serious posts only. What is being asked for is one forum in the Legion Clubhouse to be for more serious Legion discussion, while the rest can contain the more zany threads. I don't think that seems unreasonable. It makes it easier for people that want serious discussion to find topics that might interest them, while at the same time it allows plenty of opportunity to be as offbeat as we want.

Everyone has the right to make the kind of posts that interests them. I would hope that, in a community of our own, we could at least consider compromising a little bit to make such posting easier for everyone. It doesn't seem to me like that's asking for too much.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#368086 07/18/03 02:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I apologize for my opening statement, Reep. It came out harder than perhaps I intended, and your points are valid. So are yours, Cru.

Still, I don't think I like the thought of having this forum only for "serious" discussion of Legion topics. I think that lmiits the creative energy of the forum... significantly. However, that's only one Kid Prime's opinion. I'm sure there will be others.

It just reminds me of the Labradorian's thread back at Legion HQ in which he wanted to limit the "gay" topics there. Is there a difference? Or does that mean we should have a "Gay" section of this board, too, once someone has a problem with it?

#368087 07/18/03 02:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I don't think it's a matter of limiting topics. It's a matter of putting the sillier topics in another forum...that's all.

#368088 07/18/03 02:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't know any of you as well as most of you know each other, so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

I agree with Reep about "departmentalizing" the forums. Why would we have different forums if there is no distinction between them.

I in no way condone limiting ANY topic. But putting them in a specific place does not seem harsh or in any way limiting to one's creativity.

Feel free to tell me to shut up! confused

Touch the magic...
#368089 07/18/03 02:40 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I'd be all for having a forum set aside for the more "scholarly" discussions, because they do tend to get buried, and sometimes I forget topics I've posted on unless I go digging through the back pages. It's not really an issue for me, but what the heck, within Scott and Gary's discretion, this is our playground, not one forced on us by the man so why not be as accomodating as possible?

#368090 07/18/03 02:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We could call this forum the Time Institute.

Sound scholarly...heh laugh

#368091 07/18/03 02:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, and I'm all for doing whatever everyone else wants to do, when this runs its course.

I still see this as the intellectual equivalent of making certain topics sit in the back of the school bus. I think intellectual segregation is still segregation. And as we've seen in history, "separate but equal" facilities aren't equal at all. Anything but. I'm uncomfortable with this. I know it's hyperbole, but I really do see this as the Legion Message Boards equivalent of whites not wanting to live next door to blacks. Let's just put all the funny, whimsical topics in a ghetto where we won't have to look at them anymore.

#368092 07/18/03 02:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Methinks I will agree to disagree with you on this and leave it at that. As I do not want to get into a back and forth on what I exactly think of your parallels in your last post.

Maybe changing the other forum to the LMBP hangout might work too. With a slight adjustment to the explanation of the forum.

Just suggestions.

#368093 07/18/03 02:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I come to this message board to talk about a comic book that I like. I go to Peegs.com to talk about Indiana Basketball. I go to Cubs.com to talk about Cubs baseball. I don't think I have ever talked about comic books at those two places, much like I usually don't talk about basketball and baseball here.

I'm usually not serious on any of those boards, but there is a time for that too I guess.

To me, a comic book forum is the appropriate place for whimsical topics and fanciful threads. If a serious post or two gets thrown in, then I am all for those too.

But a guy like me is going to look at those serious threads and try to find humor. I like to laugh and smile. Sometimes I smile then I laugh. I like hamburgers and if you are going to practice music underwater, I would suggest something other than a woodwind. Maybe a nice string or percussion would work better.

Something Filthy!
#368094 07/18/03 02:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Still, I don't think I like the thought of having this forum only for "serious" discussion of Legion topics. I think that lmiits the creative energy of the forum... significantly. However, that's only one Kid Prime's opinion. I'm sure there will be others.
I guess I don't see how it would limit the creative energy if we had one "Serious Legion forum" and one "Silly Legion forum," for lack of better names. I mean, does seeing a thread about "Should Imra be held accountable for telepathically controlling the other Lost Legionnaires?" inspire you to start a thread about "If blondes have more fun, should Imra loosen up?" Maybe it does. I don't really understand where the inspiration for some of the wackier threads come from. Is it any more restrictive than having a separate forum for Legion fan art and fan fiction?

On the other hand, is it completely fair to force people not interested in wacky threads to wade through them, searching for serious topics that might interest them, when we could just as easily place the serious topics all in one place?

It just reminds me of the Labradorian's thread back at Legion HQ in which he wanted to limit the "gay" topics there. Is there a difference? Or does that mean we should have a "Gay" section of this board, too, once someone has a problem with it?
In all honesty, if enough people were truly bothered by all of the "gayness", then yes, I think the matter should at least be discussed. It doesn't mean that "gay topics" should be or would be quarantined into its own section. But if people have legitimate concerns, I think that they should at least be addressed, which is all Reep seems to be asking for.

#368095 07/18/03 03:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
First things first: I would have no great objection to having this as the serious/academic discussion board. Reep was clear that he did not want to step on any toes, and his points are taken. Personally, I like the funny stuff; there's so much misery in the real world. I'm a prime offender for taking threads off-topic and into the stupid zone; speaking for myself, I am quite willing to try and accomodate the wishes of the group If LW chooses to have a serious-only board.

However, ***sigh*** did any series of posts ever trigger more smart-ass reponses in my mind than this one?

And I am being serious now: when you say No Whimsy Here, it almost begs for the rule to be broken. How and where do you draw the line on "serious"? I don't think it's feasible to have a hard and fast rule, unless Torquemada registers and agrees to be a moderator. (He was the Spanish Grand Inquisitor, in case someone doesn't know - a My Church, My Rules sort of guy.) So, despite everyone's best intentions, it may not be a perfect Legion World whatever may be decided. In the meantime, take a deep breath, count to 10 and bump your post.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#368096 07/18/03 03:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It helps if posters follow the topic of the thread (except of course non-sequitor lad). The same applies to the forums.

Without putting out new "rules," simple wording of forum topics would take care of any whimsical versue serious issue wouldn't it?

On the old board, a poster would have to try pretty hard to push all the topics off the front page, this one has fewer threads per page. It's simply a matter of encouraging self awareness to those that occasionally go on thread creation rampages. They will respect the wishes.

What was this thread about?

#368097 07/18/03 03:14 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by Dev Em:
We could call this forum the Time Institute.

Sound scholarly...heh laugh
I thought about The Time Bubble.

Kid Prime, there already is forum segregation, (which is a very loaded term whenever used, as is "serious" - serious comic book discussion can be fun without the whimsical.)

We've had a taste of anarchy at Rob's. I'm hoping we've learned from that the critical need to allow different people their different spaces. Requesting that whimsical stuff primarily be posted elsewhere or at mostly MMB is recognizing our differences, it's not punishment or anything resembling true disenfranchisement.

Because if we don't allow us our different spaces, I tell you, we're going to eventually have another bad confrontation like Rob's MB meltdown.

We have to respect our differences and that requires the maturity to not flood-post were others don't want you to.

Some of us consider it a form of spamming. I get close to that opinion at times. And I really don't want to be that way. But if it's constantly there...

Members have to respect each other enough to not adopt a "Rob-MB-esque" carte blanche attitude to their posting, that anything goes because nobody's stopping them.

NOBODY wants a lockdown here, but carte-blanche attitudes will eventually cause this, if only from angry reactions to it's disrespect.

And that's all it comes down to: respect for others.

Balance spontaniety with consideration for others.

ChameleonBoy

#368098 07/18/03 03:27 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
It seems some posters are assuming absolutes in my opinion when I've been explicit in using relative language because that reflects my opinion.

I'm not for turning this into a dead-serious forum. I want it to remain the fun-serious forum it has been.

But a flood of, IMO, inappropriate whimsical topics changes that dynamic into forced FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN! and maybe a little serious back on page two.

It's like we've all been ordered to have FUN! And only one kind of fun.

Achtung, baby?!

Again, whimsy isn't the only form of fun. And if "serious" discussion of Legion and such isn't your form of fun, well, nobody's forcing you to like it. We're not flooding the forum with 20 serious topics in 20 minutes.

Fun's fun. So is seriousness, if it's your cup of tea.

Fun is a multi-facted entity. Like Dr. Mayavale.

#368099 07/18/03 04:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Whoa! Spend 11 hours buried knee deep in data files and reports and you guys get deep. Give me some time to get home and digest all the posts and I'll reply as best I can. I just wanted you to know that this topic isn't going un-noticed by myself. And I'm sure Gary will chime in as soon as he has time.

#368100 07/18/03 04:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I still see this as the intellectual equivalent of making certain topics sit in the back of the school bus. I think intellectual segregation is still segregation.
I don't think of it that way. There is no real "back" to this bus -- imagine a round bus if you will, that has no front or back -- just seats! I think Reep's actually worried that he's going to end up being pushed to the back of the bus by all the kids up front fooling around wink

I can understand Reep's pov here and I appreciate his concerns for the board. I think he's just raising an issue he has with the forum and asking people to take it into consideration when posting -- that certain forums are meant for certain things and for each person to use their own judgement about it.

There are different forums for a reason after all, and Reep's putting in his two cents for how he sees them as different so that it would better his enjoyment of the boards (and maybe others). I'd hate to see him or others like him go away because he can't find the kind of topics he'd like to disucss.

If you want to be silly and post non-sequitor threads that aren't really Legion related or if you want to enter a thoughtful discussion on a character, there's a place to express each side of yourself. And yes, sometimes it can be in the same thread -- Reep's not advocating hard and fast rules, just asking for a quiet corner as well.

#368101 07/18/03 04:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well said, Drake. I agree wholeheartedly.

Touch the magic...
#368102 07/18/03 04:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Torquemada: Let's face it, you can't talk him outta anything.

You know what this place needs right now?

A good food fight, or a really loud fart.

We had a guy in our fraternity, that whenever meetings got like this, you know all serious and stuff, he would lean back in his chair and just fall over backwards. Tension gone, everyone smiling.

As long as Scott and Gary allow me to post on their boards, and I thank them kindly for all their efforts at creating this place, I won't change my style of posting because somebody thinks that a topic should be serious. And I don't expect them to change their posting style to accomodate my strivings for humor. And I'm not going to run around afraid of this board becoming like Rob's boards.

I don't see a problem here. And I don't see a need to create another board either. If you want to make a serious forum, I'll check it out, but I can't make any guarantees that I won't be funny there.

Something Filthy!
#368103 07/18/03 04:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think that anyone is asking you not to be funny in replies to threads.

If I am understanding this correctly, this is talk about threads with the original intent of being not so serious posted on the Mission MOnitor Board thread, rather than here.

I'm sure any of us, if we have a funny comment about even the most serious topic would reply to it in this forum.

Like I said, I don't know any of you that well at all. So I've said my piece on the matter and will now focus my attention on other things?

What's for dinner?

Touch the magic...
#368104 07/18/03 07:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My understanding of what is being asked is that the "serious" forum would be the place to post topics such as "Decribe the Character: Cosmic Boy" and "How Do You Pronounce?", while the "not-so-serious" board would be the place for such things as "The Legion of Super-Cheese Villains" and "Insert-Ron Karr" smile

Ultimately I don't suppose it really matters to me one way or the other. I've been scrolling through threads looking for things that interest me for years, so I'm fairly well accustomed to it. However, it would be nice to be able to quickly access the type of posts I'm in the mood for, whether it be something light-hearted to lift my spirits, or something a little deeper to challenge my mind a little more.

Like I said, though, in the end it really isn't that important to me one way or the other, but since it is important to some of the posters, I think it merits discussion, both pro and con smile

#368105 07/18/03 07:08 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
"Insert-Ron Karr"
[raises eyebrows]

Now that is an entirely different topic.

#368106 07/18/03 07:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
[raises eyebrows]
Now that is an entirely different topic.
Oops! Where WAS my mind when I made that post? wink

#368107 07/18/03 07:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm disappointed that this has come up at all.

When one of the forums here becomes "the All-SERIOUS Legion Forum"-- be it this forum or the Mission Monitor Board or even Science Police Headquarters-- I'll be leaving said forum permanently in favor of the less-restrictive forums.

I don't think that's gonna happen. I'll certainly do anything I can to prevent it from happening.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#368108 07/18/03 07:34 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I'm starting to get pissed off here at the misrepresentation of my position.

I'm not going to restate it for the umpteenth time and especially not since Princess and Drake have also had to restate it because others are assuming stuff I never said.

I'm glad you posted, TD. What's your opinion on this matter? I think you should offer your opinion.

Do you have any problem if we all do what you do and start flood posting any and every forum we want without respect to the intent of the forum or the wishes of those most frequently posting there?

Is that cool with you and everybody?

Why not? If it's cool for TD, it cool for everybody.

Please respond, TD.

#368109 07/18/03 07:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
bbz--

Considering your history with TD, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't respond to you.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#368110 07/18/03 08:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
When one of the forums here becomes "the All-SERIOUS Legion Forum"-- be it this forum or the Mission Monitor Board or even Science Police Headquarters-- I'll be leaving said forum permanently in favor of the less-restrictive forums.
You're not serious are you? Badda Boom!

So what are all those little icon thingies for? Can they be used to identify serious v. funny threads and used in the search function? Or does identifying a thread as funny remove the joke?

Way over thinking this. It's simple, like the college dorm roommate. If somebodys' stuff starts to impede on the other, you work it out....or shoot the roommate, hide the body, and have a room all to yourself for a semester...not that I've ever done anything like that.

#368111 07/18/03 08:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Okay.

I've read through this thread and heard what everybody who posted had to say.

As the guy who created all but two of the forums and all of the catagories here, here's my take on this issue.

I like the open and informal set up as it is right now. I like to read and post on serious issues as well as whimsical and even stupid ones. Although I missed the more LMBP type situation of the Legionnaires forum at the old DCMB, I did like the unification of the fanbase that the (just) Legion forum provided. Even with the 'floods' that I have stated aren't 'spam' to me, I don't feel that we need to clarify or catagorize the board any more than we already have. I believe bumping up your topics is a viable option. Hell, I've made bumping the "Support" threads at the DCMB my life's work.

However, I do appreciate EVERYONE's concerns and I will discuss this issue with Scott as soon as both of us have the time. I will state that this will not go to a vote. It will be a decision between the two founders. I hope you understand.

Spelling edit! I'm going to add a spelling-check mod soon, I promise!

#368112 07/18/03 08:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Why shouldn't there be a forum that's for a little more straightforward Legion talk?

There's little harn in it, and there's nothing or nobody saying that posts there couldn't be light-hearted.

It seems to me that it's something that the LMB did before...kept the majority of silly threads in one forum while keeping another one for more straightforward Legion talk. The Legionnaires board vs. the LSH board.

There's a forum here for polls...one for mmerchandise, and one for fan fic and art...why not have one for LSH talk and one for usual LMB stuff?

MAybe the review forum could be rolled back up here as well with the review of that months issue being stickied to the top to encourage posting.

Just suggestions...

#368113 07/18/03 08:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dev,

I think that this forum is about the Legion. I don't see any threads about individual posters here. They all seem about the comic book series and characters.

The MMB is about those of us posting here.

#368114 07/18/03 08:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Dev,

I think that this forum is about the Legion. I don't see any threads about individual posters here. They all seem about the comic book series and characters.

The MMB is about those of us posting here.
My thoughts exactly! I was thinking about this at work this evening... every forum here has a different emphasis... this one is about the Legion, there's one for merchandise, one for fan art and fic, one for those of us posting here (MMB,) one for other comic books, one for other topics, etc. Do we really need to change the Mission Monitor Board into a forum for funny-legion topics when it's already serving its purpose admirably as a forum for/about those of us posting here. Now, we could split this forum into two forums, one for silly Legion topics and one for serious topics, but is that really a good idea, or would it fracture the dialogue?

Seriously, I think the MMB is already doing an admirable job being what it was designed to be by the founders. Maybe those of us who have a tendency to post-flood zany topics could have a bit more consideration for the others. I totally see, understand, and support that point.

So... it's been a good debate so far. I'm interested in what EVERYONE has to say on this matter.

#368115 07/18/03 09:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Um...is that it?

Well, I've sent Scott a message and hope he responds. I'm considering expanding the Calling the Roll forum to be about more serious discussions.

Anyway, I'm extremely late for work. Gotta go!

#368116 07/18/03 09:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think that this has been a pretty respectful and interesting discussion so far and now that the founders are getting involved, I'd like to express a hope they don't feel too pressured to do something official.

I think ultimately this will work itself out on its own between us members. Everyone here seems to want to respect everyone else and anyone looking to cause trouble wouldn't be swayed by this dialogue anyway. If a new forum is added or a previous expanded, I hope nobody feels restrictions are being imposed -- like I said before, I think Reep just raised a point that he would like people to keep in mind while posting. Nobody is looking to impose regulations or dictate terms of posting.

Declaring that you'll avoid "serious" topics is an unfortunate reaction. There are threads I don't participate as much just because it doesn't suit me but I'm not put off by them. The tone of most threads are established in the title and initial posts and I post accordingly to add to the flow of the discussion, but I don't react negatively that a certain tone is being imposed on me or saying how I should post.

I just hope this doesn't blow up to be more than it is by overreactions.

#368117 07/18/03 09:25 PM
Active
Active
I must insist that we have an inebriated forum for use by drunk or chemically altered posters!
*hic*
While we're at it, you need to add a forum where we can talk about Legion space ships & other space vehicles without having to wade through a bunch of silly messages about Legion uniforms or Legion clubhouses or the plot to the latest Legion issue!
*hic*
I would also like to suggest that we have a Gender-Neutral forum so those offended by gender-specific pronouns won't be exposed to a spontaneous explosion of gender-specific topics!
*hic*
Finally, a section where we could ridicule & criticize our least favorite Legion writers & artists would come in handy as well, but the posts cannot be constructive, only mean-spirited and divisive topics will be tolerated!!
*hic*
You know, like this one!!
*hic*

#368118 07/18/03 09:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm all for good old fashioned serious topics MIXED with a hearty dose of fun stuff.

It would be dull otherwise to me.

#368119 07/18/03 09:57 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Everyone here seems to want to respect everyone else...
Drake, based on the accusations flung my way simply for raising the issue, and the hyperbolic reactions, I am afraid I'm seriously doubting this now.

I'm afraid NC's comments don't sound encouraging to me, but I'll reserve judgment till both Founders have conferred.

I would request they consider that if flood posting's okay in this forum for TD, then newbies with even less self-control than TD will follow her example and this place will be one gigantic mess. They have to consider not just the current worst example, but what happens down the line, how it can get out of the hands quickly if there's mass flood posting.

No one thinks it can happen here?

There's another board I know. What's it's name?

Oh yeah. Rob's.

#368120 07/18/03 10:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So, if we distill everything else out, is that the main issue we're talking about here? Flood-posting? Or is it something else?

I don't think the logical leap from this board to Rob's board in one quick step is quite valid... the people using this board are not the same, and I don't think the founders are going to let that happen. I certainly see where you are coming from, though. No one wants to see a forum littered with inane topics. But let me ask this. In all this discussion, has anyone actually considered taking this up with the person responsible?

Could it be that a resolution could be as simple as saying "Hey, (insert name here)! I really think you could show some consideration for the other people using and enjoying this forum. While everyone likes some zaniness and lunacy, there are a lot of people using this board, and we think it would be productive if EVERYONE could enjoy it, not just a few."

Has anyone thought about just communicating with one another, rather than calling for new forums and intervention by the founders? Is it really that hard? Are we so isolated from everyone else in society that we can't just open up a simple dialogue one person to another?

It seems to me like we could avoid all this positioning and posturing if we just TALKED.

#368121 07/18/03 10:21 PM
Active
Active
Perhaps a lil'hootch to loosen the ole'tongue?
*hic*
Don't mind if I do!!
*hic*

#368122 07/18/03 10:40 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I've never once felt that any of the topics posted in this subforum were inappropriate. I mean, yeesh, we ARE talking about a comic book here and one with a large element of fun and nostalgia for its fans. I think it's entirely appropriate to have a whimsical discussion about, say, Calamity King. It's just part of what makes the Legion what it is to its fans.

I mean, where would we draw the line? The Survivor threads are kinda whimsical: do those belong in a separate forum? What about the Question Game? We see a punchline, make up a set-up for it, then leave a punchline for the next poster. Should games be off-limits? Should silly, inconsequential characters like CK be left out because he was basically little more than a cameo character? Is the thread about the pronunciation of words in the Legion universe too frivolous to have a place here?

Personally, I think these lighten up the boards. And I've seen a pretty healthy balance between "serious" and "silly" topics here without "silly" overwhelming things.

Teeds's topics (since that seems to be what we're really talking about here, let's face it) really seem to capture the fun of Legion lore in a uniquely imaginative way. Some get tons of responses. Others die off quickly. But I don't thnk they overwhelm that forum at all...just add a little flavor.

So far, Legion World is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. I believe people are posting appropriate topics in the appropriate places. There really is no need to further segregate them, unless we get either the need or a spark of inspiration for another subforum. I don't think this situation merits it.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#368123 07/18/03 11:14 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I prefer this category as a general Legion forum, including both serious and silly topics.

Although there have been some very thoughtful discussions, I don't think there have been enough to carry the forum by themselves. Someone mentioned that when the next issue comes out, there will be lots of serious posting on it. But that's generally not been the case. Aside from Todd's "Calling the Roll" and my own "Off-the-Cuff" review, there hasn't been a lot of discussion about the last issue.

Creating separate boards for both serious and fun topics might be something for Gary and Scott to consider in the future. But with only 80 or so registered posters, I don't think it's currently warranted. People who want to post on serious topics will do so regardless of how many other threads are "in the way."

Creating separate forums will not, in my view, increase traffic on serious threads. Like it or not, our serious discussions diminish rather quickly (and maybe someone should start a separate topic to ask why), regardless of where they appear on the board.

Besides, good, old-fashioned bumping is an easier solution.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#368124 07/18/03 11:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You know I think this thead holds the new record for most posts in a twelve hour period. cool

Like Kid Prime, I don't think the real topic here is serious threads vs. humour threads: it's thread floods.

And yeah, sometimes I find them annoying. Other times I think they're a blast. laugh Either way, they don't happen all the time and when they do they're easy enough to skip over.

And remember: On this board (unlike the new official one) it's easy to seperate the new posts from the old, even if you have to go back a page or two to find out where the new posts start if a flood has pushed them back.

So I really don't think there's a need for a seperate forum. But that's just my opinion, and I think it is a topic worth discussing.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#368125 07/18/03 11:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

#368126 07/18/03 11:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

#368127 07/18/03 11:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

shocked oooohhhh, this is embarassing shocked

#368128 07/18/03 11:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

#368129 07/18/03 11:25 PM
Active
Active
I must be smashed !!!
*hic*
I'm seeing triple !!!
*hic*

#368130 07/18/03 11:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Yep, definitely going for the record.

Sorry about that, folks. The board kept telling me it couldn't send my post due to "flood controls." :rolleyes: laugh

#368131 07/19/03 12:57 AM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
But let me ask this. In all this discussion, has anyone actually considered taking this up with
the person responsible?

Could it be that a resolution could be as simple as saying "Hey, (insert name here)! I really think
you could show some consideration for the other people using and enjoying this forum.
At the top of page three I specifically requested TD to respond to this issue. She has yet not responded to this topic. Yet she posted an earlier comment about an unrelated malaprop by someone. She's read this topic.

I think her non-response shows a disrespect, even disdain for all of us discussing this issue. I think this should be considered by the Founders in making their decision.

I've tried to raise what I feel is a legitimate issue in a reasonable and respectful manner. In response, I've have been misrepresented many times already by others who support TD's right to spontaneous flood posting. And she refuses to engage in discussion.

If I was immature, I could demonstrate what would happen if everyone acted as she did by doing my own flood posting all over this board. But I have no intention of doing such nonsense. I trust others will simply use their imagination and reason to see the validity of my concern about how newbies will view and imitate her actions.

I really like this MB and really would like to stay and continue to contribute, but there has got to be a basic standard of respect for others and their interests at this MB.

I will not waste my time, energy, and creativity trying to "compete" with people who just want to press the enter button as many times as they can.

If there's no forum here that limits flood posting so those of us who would like to have fun simply discussing the serious and semi-serious aspects of the Legion without all the airhorns and screaming, then fuck it. Best of luck kiddies, and goodbye.

Either there's mutual respect with a space for the old Legion MB sensibility and one for the old Legionnaires MB sensibility, or the Legionnaires sensibility will just invade everywhere and harass everyone else away. If you don't believe they will do that very thing, better reread this topic.

I don't envy you guys right now, NG & LL. But nevertheless we all realize you are deciding the future of this board right now. You may lose some members which either way you decide, so that shouldn't be a primary concern.

Good luck. I hope you choose the diversity represented by Legion World.

ChameleonBoy

#368132 07/19/03 01:53 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
[Reep]
{[...] there has got to be a basic standard of respect for others and their interests at this MB. }

It already exists, it has from the first day, and it's the best such standard I've ever seen in a Net discussion forum -- and that's been during nearly 20 years on line.

By saying this you are being entirely unfair to Scott and Gary, who are providing this venue, and who have encouraged and nurtured mutual respect and feedback at every turn.

You do have a legitimate point to raise -- whether or not, or how well, it fits with the attitudes and numbers of those using this forum.

It's pointless to be petulant, however, about how others are reacting to your point. You started this discussion. Let it run, and live with what LL and NC will -- and, for me, ought to -- decide.

I know I could make a point about pots, kettles, and their colors. And you know that I could, and you know precisely why. Yet I'll refrain from it. For now.

#368133 07/19/03 03:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've PM'd Gary with my thoughts about what we should do and as soon as he's had a chance to think it over, we'll give everyone our 'official' decision on this matter.

I just want to say that no matter what we decided we just want what's right for this little playground we opened up two weeks ago. I think that we can all act and post civilly without resorting to what has happened anywhere else.

We appreciate all the threads and posts that have started here, serious or otherwise. I may not have time to respond to them all as I would like and sometimes find myself taking the easy way out by replying to the ones that require less thought for my addled brain. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy or respect someone's detailed analysis of the latest issue or their current installment of a piece of fan-fic. It just means I'm lazy and would rather not post a not very well thought out reply when such threads are more deserving.

This forum, as I can see it, has been kept roughly Legion related. Just not on a serious side. Right now, after roughly 24 hours of having databases, SQL or other programming crap crammed into my overworked skull, I don't think I could handle a serious discussion. Like this one. wink

Rest assured Gary and I will determine what we think is best and can only hope that all of you will continue to share our toys and play at our house. I apologize if this doesn't really answer anything or make much sense. Just see the previous paragraph and I hope you can understand why.

Now I'm off to see what other havoc you've all caused in the other forums then its bed for me.

[Edited for spelling. Guess I was more tired than I thought.]

#368134 07/19/03 03:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
On flood-posting.....

Quite frankly, Reep, I would perfectly happy to get here one morning and see a flood of serious topics started by you. I certainly wouldn't consider it a flood, with the associated negative connotations of destruction and mayhem; it would be a pleasure to see an influx of new ideas. Your threads are indeed interesting, thoughtful and challenging. You've created a "flood" of polls, and I commend you for that - it's clearly a medium for which you have many ideas and (I trust) enjoy taking the time to develop the questions which comprise the polls.

Of the 83 (?) members here, how many actually start topics? It does appear that it is the minority. So if someone is of a topic-creating mind, I'd say get to it - flood, flood, flood. Some of the topics will dry up, and not necessarily for lack of interest. (The "What if" thread is fascinating, but I certainly don't have the historical knowledge to write about what would happen if an artist took over at a particular time. You have to have a pretty good grasp of DC editorial policy to respond seriously to those posts.)

I must say I never heard the term flood-posting until this. It's obvious that I enjoy the whimsical floods, as we've taken to labelling them, since I try to respond to all of them - and I feel bad that TD is taking the heat for starting them. She (and Greybird) seem to be the number one lightning rods in Legion-related fora, and I would be remiss if I did not express my heartfelt devotion, support and admiration for their somehow controversial ideas/posts, wherever they may be.

It's good that we're having this discussion - for myself, I didn't know some members were bothered about the question. Didn't even know there was a question. So it's good to have my eyes opened. Indeed, so much of this is in the eye of the beholder. (Nightcrawler made a comment about post-a-thons on a separate board, and included me as one of the post-a-thoners. I was both appalled and honored! )

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#368135 07/19/03 06:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I spent most of my work night contemplating my response to this issue...

...but, now that I've read the new responses, I've decided to let you guys continue this discussion without my interference as a referee. It's giving me a greater understanding of the situation, since I unfortunately have not been spending a large amount of time here lately. Scott's been very busy as well. And, even though he stated his basic desires to me, I still want to have a one on one with him about this and other things before an "official" response, if any, is made.

I will let you know that the Calling the Roll forum will remain unchanged despite what I had postulated earlier. It was my hasty and simple solution to the problem, that doesn't seem as appropriate for me now.

Although I find it rewarding to see you all spend so much time and effort and passion on something that I had a hand in creating, I'm disheartened to see my online friends so divided. I hope we can work this out for everybody's benefit.

#368136 07/19/03 06:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Somebody is taking this way too personally. Sounds like there is a history here that I don't know much about.

On TD:

There are plenty of acceptable reasons why she hasn't responded. Maybe she's been incommunicado. She could be striving for a thought out response instead of emotionally reacting. Maybe she's just determined not to let you “bait” her into this discussion. I don't know what her motivations are, but I certainly don't agree with your accusations of her not having respect for other posters here. And her non-responsiveness doesn't prove disdain. Maybe serious threads just aren't her cup of tea.

Reep said:

“I trust others will simply use their imagination and reason to see the validity of my concern about how newbies will view and imitate her actions.”

Holding TD responsible for the posting habits of these “newbies” is just wrong. Even if they run around saying, “TD does it,” the “newbies” are responsible for their own behavior. I've tried to use my imagination and reason to see the validity of your point above, but I can't agree with it.

Reep said:

“I will not waste my time, energy, and creativity trying to "compete" with people who just want to press the enter button as many times as they can.”

There is an underlying arrogant tone here and you need to be called on it. I find Teeds to be one of the more creative minds on this board. She thinks of topics that NOBODY else does. For you to imply that your posts are energetic and creative while TD is just pushing buttons… well that smacks of elitism, and this is not Harvard.com here. Quite frankly I don't agree with your assessment of TD's posting habits. And just for argument's sake, I certainly have enjoyed your posts over the past too.

On SPAM/Flood posting:

That is an issue best left up to Gary and Scott, who will have to be the ones to deal with the ramifications of said spam/flood. To their credit, I believe that they will listen to what their guests have to say on the subject. And lets face it… Legion Worlds is at high risk in the near future of some of Rob's posters finding their way here and doing their thing. I think that is one thing that we can all agree on. But I won't let their (future) behavior color how I see this board. I hope that Scott and Gary have a plan in place on how to deal with them. I know that I am not going to vacate this board based on what might or might not happen.

Conclusion:

This board is what YOU MAKE OF IT. Right now I am sensing a lack of faith in some of your fellow posters and the moderators (maybe not so much the moderators). This is being mixed with a fear brought on by recent events at LHQ and the fact that this board is not turning into your perceptions of the Old Legion MB sensibilities.

You and I have very different philosophies about this board and what it represents. Some of mine you said you don't understand. I don't understand some of yours. We may never agree on what this board should represent. You say you hope that Scott and Gary will choose the diversity that is Legion Worlds. To me, diversity isn't about being different. Diversity is about acceptance of other people's differences. I say that diversity is inclusive of Miss Debutante's posting habits as well as your own. To me, your serious threads belong here, but TD's whimsical threads belong here too. If Scott and Gary think different, then that is their call to make.

My second to last thought in this post is this: This board's qualities are improved by having both your and TD's input (imho).

My last thought in this post: I have reached my serious quota for the next couple months in this one post, so I will now be degenerating back into my usual role.

Edited for grammar.

Something Filthy!
#368137 07/19/03 04:09 PM
Well said, minesurfer. I think you are especially correct in saying that it's pointless to worry about what MIGHT happen on this board in the future. I think we've all learned some valuable lessons from what happened at LHQ, but that doesn't mean we should keep our guard up all the time against similar occurrences.

It is unfortunate that TD has become the lightning rod in all this. I don't believe she ever asked for that or did anything to deserve it. TD has a solid history with us. It is not fair to lump her into the same category as those who caused problems on the other forum.

(And I don't blame her for not posting further on this thread. Who wants to be singled out as the cause of woes, real or imagined?)

It all comes down to attitude. The posters who spammed Legion HQ were obviously malicious in intent, bent on asserting their power over us newbies. That's not the case here. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

#368138 07/19/03 04:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You know, HWW, you quite resemble your namesake in the way you say things. Or so I would imagine.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#368139 07/19/03 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
You know, HWW, you quite resemble your namesake in the way you say things. Or so I would imagine.
Thanks (I think).

#368140 07/19/03 06:19 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I remember when the old 'LEGIONNAIRES' board was used to post about the actual 'LEGIONNAIRES' comics. Months before that title's cancellation, the board stagnated, but was reignited not by the LMB- at first- but by many posts about individual Legionnaires and several strictly-Legion fanfictiony posts.

Much as I loved the giddier posts and the 'round robin' LMB threads that gradually took over I missed then (and still do) those earlier Legion-oriented threads.

At the time the LSH board was *truly* a fractured one with really hostile exchanges, mostly directed at poor Maven (it occurs to me that many members here may not even know who that was-- trust me, it's a long story...), so for many of us, posting these 'softer'- but still 'on topic' posts there wasn't really an option.

I think the formation of the LMB was at least partially a reaction to that environment.

I'd hate to see that toxicity duplicated here in any way.

I wonder about the 'headlining' function.

If a poster has a thread that they poured their heart and soul into, and they'd like to see it remain on page 1 beyond the normal 'shelf life' of a thread-- is it kosher to ask Lightning Lad or Nightcrawler to headline it?

Or is that too much of an imposition on LL and NC as well as on other posters?

Should the headlining remain something that LL and NC bestow at their discretion?

Would this create more problems than it would solve?

If a new forum *was* created, I'd like to now humbly propose that it be a permanent 'Who Are You' thread in memory of that seminal posting (by Lardlad) that began the LMB (Legion of Message Board Posters) many moons ago, now.

That forum could also contain a short history of the LMB's formation (in 'real' cyberland, as opposed to the fictional one/ones that have been created), since many new members might have no idea what some of us are posting about at times.

Just a couple of ideas.

TN

#368141 07/20/03 07:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
On the old board, a poster would have to try pretty hard to push all the topics off the front page, this one has fewer threads per page.
If I remember correctly, the old DCMB had 25 threads per page just like we do. The new DCMB has only 20.

#368142 07/20/03 09:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
If I remember correctly, the old DCMB had 25 threads per page just like we do. The new DCMB has only 20.
This board has 25 per page? Why it does! Hmmm, must be more new threads started here. I don't remember spending alot of time on page two of the old DCMB like I do here. (I rarely post the new DCMB, it's too slow).

#368143 07/20/03 10:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I'd really like to add that after a day at work where, quite literally, if I fuck up people will die I REALLY enjoy TDs posts and will skip all the serious nonsense (not an oxymoron, we are on this site to discuss comics after all, remember that please)and revel in her flippancy, humour and obvious genuine love of the caracters and their idiosyncracies... I do get to the more thoughtful posts but if it weren't for TD and Kid Prime and Nardo and Mllash and several other fabulously imaginative people I probably wouldn't be here half as much as I am.

As has been said and said again and again, bump the threads you want to keep on page one if they are that important to you but don't judge which posts are more important to me or anyone else. We all have our own tastes, interests and views on these things so just let the great unwashed decide for itself....

right, I'm going to put my soap box away now.

#368144 07/20/03 03:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I have thought about this and then taken some time to think about what I would do if I were in a position of power and authority like Scott and Gary. To be honest I think the answer is nothing. Reep makes many good valid and interesting points. He puts his opinion forward with his usual eloquence but that’s just it, it is his opinion. And whilst it is valid, so is TD’s, Mine, Lardy’s or anyone who posts here. I enjoy reading the serious threads on this board. Yet I rarely add to them because by the time I have thought about an answer, someone more quick on the up take than me has usually posted it. I like the silly threads too, but due to the time difference over here, am unlikely to be able to take part. But because I cant take part I don’t ask for the threads to be sidelined into a separate area. We already have areas to discuss non comic related, or non legion related stuff and I never go in there. My choice, simple as that.
Just to set the record straight, a lot of posters have commented on TD’s humour in these posts. I never see it. It zips straight over my head and most of the time I just think, What planet is that girl on? But she give’s pleasure to a lot of posters and that’s good enough for me.

So no I think the mix here is just about right. Reep if you want to keep a topic on the front page you can always bump it up (just like I do with the faraway room) or ask the founders to headline it for you. They seem to be pretty approachable guys, just ask. “Coz them that divinnt ask., divinnt get” smile

Faithfull
#368145 07/20/03 03:08 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
“Coz them that divinnt ask., divinnt get” smile
beautifully put!

#368146 07/21/03 08:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer

but due to the time difference over here, am unlikely to be able to take part
Aren't you guys like five or six houurs AHEAD of us in the States?

You should be able to post your response before we write the thread,....(scratches head) I think.

time travel, sigh

#368147 07/21/03 02:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
[b]
but due to the time difference over here, am unlikely to be able to take part
Aren't you guys like five or six houurs AHEAD of us in the States?

You should be able to post your response before we write the thread,....(scratches head) I think.

time travel, sigh [/b]
That's the only problem with cross time posting. Due to the laws of time by posting our answers before you write the question we can, if you then refuse to write the question, cause the entire universe to implode on itself. What then happens is the entire LMBP message board world gets whited out and we have to reboot onto a new, similar looking, but different message board world
confused smile confused

Faithfull
#368148 07/21/03 09:16 PM
What then happens is the entire LMBP message board world gets whited out and we have to reboot onto a new, similar looking, but different message board world
confused smile confused [/QB]
Hm. Makes you wonder how many times this has ALREADY happened.

[cue the "Twilight Zone" theme]

#368149 07/22/03 02:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You're on to something here, guys. Maybe we should all go to Zulu time.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,941
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
lychanthrope
lychanthrope
Bristol IN USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star