Roll Call
0 members (), 26 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/01/24 05:05 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:51 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/01/24 03:50 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Set - 05/01/24 12:17 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Opinions - PLEASE READ!
#369920 07/30/08 12:11 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
All-

We see some very lively conversation and debate on these threads, and that's a good thing.

It's great to have a strong opinion, but I'd suggest we all make the extra effort to be civil and actually encourage alternate points of view rather than reacting negatively to them. It only takes a few extra moments to show some politeness...

...and you can make a stronger point about your own perspective if you can show respect and understanding for others.

The Legion that is your Sacred Cow is someone else's Albatross. If you don't like yours trampled on, don't trample on others. You can express dissatisfaction for Era X or Creator Y by telling us what they could do better just as easily as you can by insulting them.

I confess I can be as guilty as anyone else on this at times, but let's all work together and foster a climate that respects all views rather than trying to shout down anyone who disagrees with us.

Thank you for reading this, but more importantly thank you for being a part of this wonderful online community.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
Re: Opinions - PLEASE READ!
#369921 07/30/08 12:48 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
"Flames! Flames, from the side of my face. Heaving, breathing..."

Seriously, good reminder. It's easy to take disagreement with something that you believe *passionately* in as an attack on your right to have that belief, or that there is something 'wrong' with you for feeling that way.

I may strongly like or dislike particular character portrayals or the styles of particular artists or certain types of storyline that may or may not feel 'Legion-esque' to me, but that doesn't mean that anyone else is wrongbadfun for not agreeing with my tastes.

It's all a question of taste, after all, and if you could see what I'm wearing, you'd realize I have none.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#369922 07/30/08 01:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Set:
"Flames! Flames, from the side of my face. Heaving, breathing..."

It's all a question of taste, after all, and if you could see what I'm wearing, you'd realize I have none.
And yet we know this to be untrue via your use of a brilliant quote from the excellent and thoroughly under-regarded movie 'Clue'. laugh

And I agree with everything Kent wrote. Let's keep things friendly and respectful folks. Isn't that what Cosmic Boy would want? wink

#369923 07/30/08 02:12 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blacula:
[b] "Flames! Flames, from the side of my face. Heaving, breathing..."

And yet we know this to be untrue via your use of a brilliant quote from the excellent and thoroughly under-regarded movie 'Clue'. laugh

And I agree with everything Kent wrote. Let's keep things friendly and respectful folks. Isn't that what Cosmic Boy would want? wink [/b]
Which Cos? Action, Reboot or Threeboot? TMK or Adult Legion? lol

#369924 07/30/08 02:17 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Legionnaires Annual #1 (Elseworlds), obviously.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#369925 07/30/08 04:36 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[QB]
The Legion that is your Sacred Cow is someone else's Albatross. If you don't like yours trampled on, don't trample on others.
Shouldn't you practice with something easier before taking on the big challenge? Like the Palestine Israeli conflict for instance.

#369926 07/30/08 04:57 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally posted by Blacula:
[b] "Flames! Flames, from the side of my face. Heaving, breathing..."

[/b]
lol

Thanks for this guys - I love that movie and Ms. Kahn. The mention was a welcome surprise.

And great post, Kent.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

#369927 07/30/08 05:36 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I try to keep my posts civil here, unless I'm called out, because I do most of my fighting on the DC message boards, they make me do it, but I must say the DC Legion boards is much nicer place now than it was a couple of years ago, with posters like amarta,exnihil,kenaustin,retroman1964,ultron 7 and all the regulars.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#369928 07/30/08 06:37 PM
Active
Active
Was anyone here on the Legion Yahoo Group (apart from Chemical King)? THAT was a rude place!

#369929 07/31/08 01:48 AM
Active
Active
Let's keep things friendly and respectful folks. Isn't that what Cosmic Boy would want?
But keep the fun 'cos that's what Quislet and Ferro Lad would have wanted!!!

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#369930 07/31/08 09:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I will throw my two cents in and echo what Kent posted.

Let me add this in and ask everyone not take other people responses or post personally. One wrong word choice can change the whole meaning and it will be easy to misconstrued what others are trying to get across. Helpful advice is to read a response, take a step back and then read it again. Don't respond back in anger. Also, sarcasm doesn't always translate well when posting.

We all love the Legion, whatever version it happens to be.

#369931 08/01/08 02:59 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Also, sarcasm doesn't always translate well when posting.
That fact has bitten me in the backside more than once round these here parts...

But I agree with everyone here. We all need to be respectful of the fact that a version of the Legion you may happen to detest is probably someone else's favorite! It is fine to disagree about this, since everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We need to focus on the positives! It's like I tell my kids: "Tell me why you like this instead of why you hate that. I can't tell you how often one of our boys says they hate something just because his brother likes it (poke, poke, poke...).

I love this MB because the tone is of acceptance for all kinds of folks, even the losers who like Legion version 9.5K2... wink (crap, there goes the sarcasm meter again)

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#369932 08/03/08 11:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks everyone. I'm moving this over to SPHQ has I believe it has served it's purpose (and I need to keep the forum below 5000 topics due to the server not allowing me access to more than 5000 files in a single folder).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,049
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jesjos
jesjos
Chicago, Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star