Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 45 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/27/24 08:36 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Issue #36 HAIRSTYLE Analysis
#38571 07/31/04 12:10 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
It's been a while since I've done one of these, but I do think it's about time....

Trudy should be very happy with her hair program because even as the Spike continues, her hair is flawless. She has a very typical female broadcaster look, the short version, with that big swoop in the front. I'm sure no one has told her that it makes her look 40, though. I think it does.

Tinya has maintained this same look for a long time, now. It looks like she may have had some subtle layers done, but that might just be some added curl for the ceremony.

Vi's green streak seems thicker than ever. I wonder if it's spreading? She's been tossled around a bit during this story, and her hair shows it. Also, she may have had some extra fullness styled in for the ceremony, also.

Reep's still bald!

Jo has had a trim. His hair looks thicker when it's shorter. I did prefer it longer, though, personally. His sideburns are gone and he only has stubble on his chin. Intentional?

Brin looks like he's had several inches cut off his hair, too. He has chin stubble, too. A Rimborian trend?

Brainy's face implants seem to be related to his hair, too. Since they aren't functioning, his hair has gotten all Joker-like, wavy, curly and spilling over his crazed eyes. Yikes!

Don't tell her, but Umbra's ponytail at the end of that...staff... has a very Barbie doll look to it. Not a very formal or warrior-like image.

Persuader's still bald.

Lialla has the great asymetrical cut that emphasizes the colored stuff on her face. I personally like it a lot, in fact, I'd like her to take a *little* bit more off all around, giving the style that touch more Vidal Sassoon effect...

A long time ago, I started a thread called "Karate Kid's Bangs" and I almost should have used that title again because his hair steals the show as best style! The guy looks terrific as he whoops convict butt!

The guards all have very standard issue human haircuts. The green alien guard is bald.

Canary has a sort of boyish waifish cut. It's a sort of "don't notice me" look, which suits what we've seen of her personality.

Devil wants her hair out of the way of those awesome horns, but she doesn't want it cut! The braid plays against her tail.

Nura's hair looks perfect, even though she is a hostage and all drugged up. We knew that'd be!

Gear, Wildfire and Dr. Gym'll have no real hair to speak of. I don't know how Chuck can stand having that sprig of hair coming out of his cap. I know that when I wear my cap backwards, I push all the hair back and under the cap. Maybe Chuck doesn't really care.

The Cadets! Nightwind's hair looks like her name! Long, flowing black hair, as soon as you think it curls to it's end, one more wisp wiggles out! She looks like a jillion bucks! Behind her is a skinny blond guy with average short blond hair, but the big buff guy has a serious Chippendales look. The blue guy is bald, with groovy stripes on his head. I don't think that's hair, but he has some kind of whiskers coming off either side of his chin. I can't tell if they're hair or flesh. The green alien guy is bald.

Winema's looking pretty rough, but she just got shot. I'm not THAT shallow!

Pinter's bald.

Love noticing the hair in Legion comics! Stylist Jurgens has made some bold statements with cuts and curls. Again, KK wins as best in show!

Re: Issue #36 HAIRSTYLE Analysis
#38572 07/31/04 01:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Joker-hair - that's a good one, dean! I wonder if that's a standard comic book look for an unbalanced mind?

Canary's hair really suited her personality, and made her look quite young as well. Agree that Trudy's hairstyle makes her look much older than 21!

Best hair for me was Tinya and Dreamer, Nightwind's was a bit too thickand long for my taste - guess I was thinking about all the maintenance, but, hey, it's the 31st century! Who knows what sort of shampoos and conditioners they'll have?

KK looked good all around!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#38573 07/31/04 02:31 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Val wins for me thopugh Tinya comes a close second. I though Vi looked good with the storm tossed look - still shaped nicely! Oh those 31st C hair techs must be able to work wonders :dreamysigh:

Nura always looks flawless doesn't she, even drugged she's the biz! laugh

And poor Nightwind and all those split ends!! eek actually I know we aren't shown that she had them but wih hair that long unless she's spending a good hour a day+ on it you know there'll be trouble! Even 31st c technology can't be that advanced that it won't take her 40 minutes just to brush that wealth of hair can it? laugh

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#38574 07/31/04 06:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmmm, nanotech conditioners, maybe?

I remember on the show Andomeda, one of the characters had some kind of nanotech hair - she could will it plaid.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#38575 08/01/04 12:06 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
We haven't seen Nightwind's powers at work, yet, but I wonder if she could use little wisps of wind to control her hair?

I've long believed that someone in the 30th/31st century has developed Intertron Brand hair products. "The science-fiction of super-strenthening your hair."

Thanks FC, H and A for responding! Legion hair... it's worth it!

#38576 08/01/04 09:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dean, I think you should do one of these for every issue, the "Calling the Roll" of Legion hairdos!

For me, this month's winners are:

BEST MALE: Karate Kid (Too cute! You just want to buy him a silverale!)

BEST FEMALE: Apparition (Tinya's looking good!)

This month's losers are:

WORST FEMALE: Umbra (someone PLEASE bring back Coipel's 1940's 'do for her ASAP!)

WORST MALE: Timber Wolf (HATED it!!)

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#38577 08/02/04 02:18 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hey Lash! It's most fun to do hair analyses when there's an artist shift, as if the artist is a new hair dresser. Hee! But there's ususally something noteworthy hair-wise every issue...

(PLUG time..)
Hey everybody, go on over to the Bits forum and see my sketches of "Gail's Girls."

#38578 08/02/04 01:42 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
As far as I'm concerned, this entire storyline is about Val's hair!
If they were doing the old 'roll call' frames at the start of each issue, Val's 'do would have its own box!

lil'rhino

#38579 08/02/04 02:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I agree:

Val for the boys and Tinya for the girls!

Tinya is looking cuter than ever!

#38580 08/02/04 03:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Very valid point about doing these when there's a change in artist, as a regular artist isn't going to make too many hairdo changes from issue to issue, but Dang it! I just like it when Dean talks 'dos!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#38581 08/03/04 12:02 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hey Lash, I was doing some sketches of the characters in their outfits from this story and I came to the realization that there seems to be a FAIR HAIRED CONSPIRACY!!!! Jo, Tinya, Tasmia, Vi, Brin and Val all have dark hair, Cham has none. Okay, so one might mention Brainy and Nura... Well yes, what *is* happening with Brainy and Nura? Nura is the kidnap victim, drugged and enhancing Canary's powers without her consent. Brainy has lost control of his personality and is overwhelmed by his own intelligence. NOT a good day to be fair haired, I tell ya! We'll see how things progress as this story goes along. Maybe Canary will have some blond redemption!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,962
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star