Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Titans: Battle of the Sexes
#398917 09/16/04 07:19 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
OK, first off profuse apologies to Future since I'm so blantanly copying his game here, but I'm enjoying the Legion version hugely so it only seems fair that the Titans get their turn too.

So it's exactly the same principal as Future's Legion version. Male/female teams of Titans competeing in various tests minus their powers. Training and natural skills/abilities still count but nothing other than that. Points are awarded on a weighted basis, the lowest total score at the end of each round leaves the game. I'll probably do a new round every five days, but that might be give or take a day or so.

Now the only problem I had here was coming up with even teams of boys and girls. Loads of guys to include, harder to pick the girls. So I've gone for the more well known characters and left out lots. As such the starting ten of each are:

The Boys: Nightwing, Arsenal, Flash (Wally), Tempest, Robin (Tim), Kid Flash (Bart), Superboy (Kon), Changeling, Cyborg and Gren Lantern (Kyle).

The Girls: Troia, Jesse Quick, Wonder Girl (Cassie), Starfire, Raven, Bumblebee, Lilith/Omen, Rose Wilson, Supergirl (Mae) and Harlequin/Joker's Daughter.

All players are their current incarnation (given that Troia and Lilith are dead and Supergirl is MIA).

ROUND 1

Lets keep things simple to start with. Taking place in the Titans Tower gymnasium it's nothing more complicated than a game of Dodge Ball, boys against girls. The winner of each side is the boy/girl that stays in the game longest (you'll have to assume that the game ends with only one of each left). So who manages to stay standing the longest as well as knock out the opposing team? To add an extra insentive to it all at the very end of the game it's the last boy and last girl against each other. The one that wins over-all gets an extra five points added to their score, which may give tham an advantage later in the game.

Superman is acting as referee for this game, so there'll be no cheating. Let the games begin...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
Re: The Titans: Battle of the Sexes
#398918 09/16/04 08:00 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Bevis, have no worries about doing your own Battle of the Sexes spin-off! I love the idea of throwing in the Titans and am honored that you like the inital game so much. Now, on to dodgeball!

Titan Gents:
1.Robin
2.Flash
3.Arsenal
4.Nightwing
5.Superboy
6.Changeling
7.Cyborg
8.Kid Flash
9.Green Lantern
10.Tempest

Titan Ladies:
1.Harlequin
2.Rose Wilson
3.Jesse Quick
4.Troia
5.Supergirl
6.Starfire
7.Wonder Girl (Cass)
8.Bumblebee
9.Lilith/Omen
10.Raven

Overall winner in my book? Robin (Tim).

Great game, Bevis!

#398919 09/16/04 01:18 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Thanks for letting me copy you Future. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say. wink

Bizarrely my own list is completely different from yours. See, my thinking was that without there powers the speedsters wouldn't automatically be any good at being quick at dodging or anything. So...

the boys:

1) Arsenal (he's got the speed and the training not only to avoid the balls but to hit everyone else too. Plus while not actually cheating he'd play dirty, which is why he just edges out the second place contender, which is...)
2) Nightwing (he has the agility and the training. Plus he's an acrobat and the whole batarang thing must take the kind of co-ordination that would make him a good shot)
3) Robin (for the same reason as Nightwing, just with less experience)
4) Cyborg
5) Tempest
6) Changeling
7) Flash (because he'd probably still be quite good without his speed)
8) Green Lantern
9) Superboy (aww, come on. He's been shown to be a bit of a klutz in the past)
10) Kid Flash (no super speed and he *still* doesn't have the concentration of co-ordination you need to win this game)

and the girls:

1) Troia (amazon training and all. Even without powers she's quick, nimble and has been trained in things like archery and javeline throwing which probably makes her at least nightwing's equal in this game if not Arsenal's)
2) Rose Wilson
3) Harlequin (both Rose and Harlequin are nippy and nimble and maybe not the most lethal at knocking the boys out of the game but probably darn good at avoiding the balls themselves)
4) Starfire
5) Supergirl
6) Wonder Girl
7) Bumble Bee
8) Jesse Quick (same as with Wally m'fraid)
9) Lilith
10) Raven

#398920 09/16/04 01:20 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Oh, and the over-all winner for me would be.... erm... ooh... I think it's going to be a very tight run thing, but it'd be Arsenal. Troia has the stamina and the ability but without her powers she'd be at a slight disadvatage to Roy even with her Amazon training.

#398921 09/16/04 01:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As much as I disliked her I think Starfire would win as she was shown to be a very competent athlete on Paradise Island and had training by the Okaarans.

If memory serves correctly didn't she win loads of competitions on Paradise Island?

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#398922 09/17/04 03:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Guys:
1. Nightwing
2. Arsenal
3. Robin
4. Cyborg
5. Tempest
6. Flash
7. Changeling
8. Green Lantern
9. Superboy
10. kid Flash

Gals:
1. Troia
2. Starfire
3. Harlequin
4. Rose Wilson
5. Jesse Quick
6. Bumblebee
7. Supergirl
8. Wonder Girl
9. Raven
10. Lilith

Overall: Going for Troia here - Amazon training sounds like it can be pretty tough, although it's a pretty close fight.

#398923 09/17/04 07:21 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Originally posted by Mrs C B H.I.V.E.:
As much as I disliked her I think Starfire would win as she was shown to be a very competent athlete on Paradise Island and had training by the Okaarans.

If memory serves correctly didn't she win loads of competitions on Paradise Island?
Starfire certainly does have similar training to Donna, but I think Donna has the edge over her because she doesn't rely on her powers so much.

But if you want your points to count I need an order of the ten for both the boys and girls...

#398924 09/17/04 07:48 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
My logic was that some of the skilled warriors, like Starfire, would be great in avoiding balls and tagging people out...but since it's a team effort they usually lead themselves wide open at some point to be pegged by the other team when they go to throw. Generally the really strong, offensive players get tagged out faster and more often than the wallflowers who just dodge the ball when I've played.

As for Flash, he's lost his speed-powers so much he has to be naturally swift SOMEHOW now to fight. laugh

#398925 09/20/04 03:33 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Just bumping this up for the final count tomorrow.

#398926 09/21/04 12:52 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Round 1 is over, and we have the winners. Clearly not having powers to start with was an advantage in this game, especially for the boys. Amongst the girls surprisingly some of the big hitters didn't do as well as expected and the less fancied players took a surprise lead. As for the results they are:

the boys

1) Arsenal 27 points
2) Robin 26 points
3) Nightwing 26 points
4) Flash 18 points
5) Cyborg 18 points
6) Changeling 14 points
7) Tempest 13 points
8) Superboy 10 points
9) Green Lantern 8 points
10) Kid Flash 5 points

the girls

1) Troia 27 points
2) Harlequin 26 points
3) Rose Wilson 25 points
4) Starfire 21 points
5) Jesse Quick 17 points
6) Supergirl 16 points
7) Bumblebee 12 points
8) Wonder Girl 12 points
9) Lilith 5 points
10) Raven 4 points

So after a close fight we wave goodbye to Kid Flash and Raven, two of the big name Titans out at the earliest possible stage.

As for the over-all winner it came down to Arsenal, Robin and Troia, with Robin just going out before the other two. However with Troia and Arsenal drawing on points total it comes down to the highest number of 10 points, which leaves Troia (with two 10s against Arsenal's one) as the over-all winner and the taker of the extra 5 points, pushing her total this round up to 32.

The next round wil follow shortly after the players have a quick break

#398927 09/21/04 12:58 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
ROUND 2

After the physical test of the first round it's time to test the Titan's artistic abilities. The girls are probably going to be more pleased by this round than the boys, but that doesn't mean they've automatically got the upper hand.

Everyone knows that for a hero image is hugely important. And a large part of that image is how you dress. Almost all of the contestants at one time or another have designed their own outfits, but now it's time to see how good they are at designing for others.

This round takes place in the very centre of Harvey Nichols in London. The task is for each Titan to design an outfit for one of the two judges, who will then award points to those that they think are the best and the most flattering. As in the first round an extra five points is available to the over-all winner, whose outfit will also then be made up for the judge chosen to wear.

Obviously the judges need to be familiar to the fashion world so please welcome Fire and Vixen.

The contestants are:

Arsenal
Changeling
Cyborg
Flash
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Robin
Superboy
Tempest

Bumblebee
Harlequin
Jesse Quick
Lilith
Rose Wilson
Strafire
Supergirl
Troia
Wonder Girl

So ladies and gentlemen, pick up your pencils and start designing...

#398928 09/21/04 03:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gals:
1. Wonder Girl (she's a teenage girl after all)
2. Harlequin (someone with such a knack for disguises should do well here)
3. Troia
4. Bumblebee
5. Jesse Quick
6. Starfire
7. Supergirl
8. Lilith
9. Rose Wilson

Guys:
1. Green Lantern (Kyle's an artist after all)
2. Changeling
3. Robin
4. Arsenal
5. Nightwing
6. Superboy
7. Flash
8. Tempest
9. Cyborg

Overall: Green Lantern

#398929 09/21/04 04:09 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
You know, from the first two rounds so far I could see Harlequin actually making it to the final. Who'da thunk it? Anyway, as for my own votes:

the boys:

1) Green Lantern (as IB says, he's an artist and a comic book artist at that so he knows what he's doing when it comes to designing costumes)
2) Changeling (he strikes me as being arty, and also his background in film might give him an advantage)
3) Tempest (didn't he design his black and red outfit? I think he's probably got a good eye for aesthetics too)
4) Superboy
5) Robin
6) Arsenal (he's had some *bad* outfits, but he's designing for the ladies here so he'd probably come up with something interesting at least)
7) Flash
8) Cyborg
9) Nightwing (Ok, so his current outfit is quite nice but some of the others he's had, both as Robin and Nightwing, have been truly awful.)

and the girls:

1) Supergirl (like Kyle, she's an artist)
2) Harlequin (I agree with IB's logic on this one)
3) Lilith (she was a go-go dancer wasn't she? OK so her own big cloak thing wasn't exactly cutting edge but I think she'd dress others well)
4) Troia (had enough costumes of her own to know what does and doesn't work)
5) Wonder Girl
6) Rose Wilson
7) Jesse Quick (the whole Q boob thing. Not good.)
8) Starfire (again, hardly the best dresser out there unless you have a thing for metal bikinis)
9) Bumblebee (well, if her own outfit is anything to go by she's likely to design something pretty ugly)

#398930 09/21/04 04:10 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Damn, forgot the over-all winner again. I go for Supergirl this round since Kyle is possibly a better designer but is also likely to design something less practicle whereas Linda has the advantage of knowing what works for the female figure.

#398931 09/21/04 07:37 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Gents:
01. Green Lantern (Artist)
02. Changeling (Slightly artistic from all the animal forms he perfectly mimics)
03. Arsenal
04. Nightwing
05. Tempest
06. Robin (Not his area of expertise)
07. Flash
08. Cyborg (Doesn't really get to choose outfits ever...this can't be helpful; but computer brains can be)
09. Superboy (I know I wouldn't trust him)

Ladies:
01. Lilith (Hey, she might surprise us all since she wore her own duds until the 90s)
02. Supergirl (Artist)
03. Harlequin (Crazy costumes and would likely come up with insane, yet pleasing retro designs)
04. Troia
05. Jesse Quick (I can see her on the Apprentice, heading a design team for this)
06. Bumblebee
07. Wonder Girl (Cassie)
08. Starfire (Never had time for such things)
09. Rose Wilson

#398932 09/22/04 11:36 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Just bumping this up to say that I'll post the results of this round on Friday rather than Sunday even though that's not a full five days.

#398933 09/23/04 05:38 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Girls:
1. Troia - fashion photographer by profession. She would have a great sense for fashion design.
2. Jesse Quick
3. Supergirl
4. Bumblebee
5. Lilith
6. Harlequin
7. Starfire
8. Wonder Girl
9. Rose Wilson

Guys:
1. Green Lantern - an artist after all
2. Changeling
3. Robin
4. Superboy
5. Nightwing
6. Tempest
7. Flash
8. Arsenal
9. Cyborg

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#398934 09/24/04 01:45 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
One last bump before I post the results of this round later today...

#398935 09/24/04 06:26 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Righty-ho, round 2 is over and the results just go to show that almost anything can happen in this game.

The most tightly fought battle, and the most changes in position on the score card, was amongst the boys but the girls saw their fair share of action too. The final results are:

the boys (previous position in brackets)

1) Green Lantern 49 points (9)
2) Robin 49 points (3)
3) Changeling 46 points (6)
4) Arsenal 46 points (1)
5) Nightwing 43 points (2)
6) Tempest 31 points (7)
7) Flash 30 points (4)
8) Superboy 27 points (8)
9) Cyborg 24 points (5)

and the girls:

1) Troia 60 points (1)
2) Harlequin 53 points (2)
3) Supergirl 43 points (6)
4) Jesse Quick 39 points (5)
5) Starfire 32 points (4)
6) Wonder Girl 31 points (8)
7) Rose Wilson 31 points (3)
8) Bumblebee 29 points (7)
9) Lilith 28 points (9)

Despite only being three points away from going out of the game in the first round Green Lantern makes a spectacular recovery this round to gain a total of 44 points, but he also gets the extra 5 points for coming top out of everyone and manages to just take the lead from Robin. Changeling also faired particularly well this round, rising from 6th place to 3rd and managing to push Arsenal down into fourth place despite finishing first in round 1. Nightwing and Flash also drop a couple of places, while Superboy just staves off defeat to end up eighth. So it's goodbye to Cyborg I'm afraid, and Superboy remains looking nervous at the bottom of the field.

As for the girls there was no change in the top two positions. Troai and Harlequin had strong leads at the start of this round and managed to increase those leads on the rest of the pack significantly. Despite that, however, Supergirl made a very strong showing this round and has leapt up into third place. The biggest drop this round was Rose Wilson who despite finishing third in the first round now finds herself in seventh place. Her strong showing in the first round though was what saved her here since she was the only girl not to get awarded double figures from the second round (6 points)and still managed to stay above the bottom two. Starfire's strong performance in round 1 also meant she didn't lose out too much despite only getting 11 points this round. Unfortunately the young lady we have to say goodbye to this round is Lilith/Omen. In round 2 Lilith managed to get a total of 23 points, placing her fourth overall, but her very poor showing in the first round was her undoing here and she finished just one point below Bumblebee. So it's goodbye to the go-go dancing red head as she returns to being dead in possibly the most stupid way ever.

We'll be back shortly with round 3...

#398936 09/24/04 06:41 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
ROUND 3

Eight contestants left, and now it's time for a test of patience, skill, endurance and personality. Some of the Titans are going to be thrilled by this challenge, while others are going to go white with fear...

Round 3 takes place in the Midvale orphange (which seems oddly familiar to Supergirl) and involves what could either be a very simple, or a very stressful task. Each Titan is assigned three children between the age of two and five that they have to look after and keep entertained for twenty-four hours. Remember, no special powers here just their inate ability to deal with toddlers. The judge for this round is Red Tornado and his daughter (who's name completely escapes me at the moment. Arghh...). They'll be keeping an eye on everyone and awarding points on how well they cope and how happy their wards are. As with the first two rounds there are five extra points available.

However this round those five points need not automatically go to one of the winners. The points are awarded to whichever Titan the children most want to come back and visit them. They might not cope the best with three children at once with no-one to help but that doesn't mean they won't endear themselves to the little dears. So award the five points to any of the sixteen contestants. In the event of their not being a clear winner the points will go to whosoever has the highest total at the end of the round.

the boys:

Arsenal
Changeling
Flash
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Robin
Superboy
Tempest

the girls:

Bumblebee
Harlequin
Jesse Quick
Rose Wilson
Starfire
Supergirl
Troia
Wonder Girl

Voting for this round will end some time on Wednesday 29th.

#398937 09/24/04 08:25 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
And now to cast my own votes (despite the fact that four posts in a row makes it look like I'm just talking to myself. wink )

the boys:

1) Changeling (yeah, I know, but I just see him entertaining the children and he's got enough experience being a hero to cope with anything that they might throw at him. literally)
2) Arsenal (he's a full time father already, he knows what he's doing).
3) Tempest (experience as a father again)
4) Flash (I just think he'd be good with kids. He deals well with Bart for a start)
5) Robin (I dunno, I just think he'd cope quite well)
6) Green Lantern (he'd cope, just not great. But he could probably keep them entertained quite well).
7) Nightwing (he could cope with the disasters that might arise but I just don't see him being good with kids for some reason)
8) Superboy (come on, can you see him coping?)

and the girls

1) Troia (the experience both as a mother and a hero gives her the edge here)
2) Rose Wilson (she's worked as a nanny)
3) Supergirl (she's been a teacher plus I just see her being good with kids here)
4) Harlequin (kind of like Changeling she'd be very good at keeping them entertained. That's not to say they might not end up in trouble though...)
5) Bumblebee
6) Wonder Girl (yeah, she's young herself but I don't think she'd be great at looking after three kids at once)
7) Jesse Quick (I'm sure she's mentioned that she doesn't want kids)
8) Starfire (like she's going to have the patience to deal with three young children and keep them entertained for a whole day. Shyeah.)

Thinking about it some of the Titans kind of have unfair advantages with this round (Arsenal, Tempest and Troia being parents, Rose and Supergirl working with children) but nonetheless I'm going to give the five extra points to Changeleing. It was either going to be him or Harlequin because the kids would just love them, but i think Gar just wins on this one.

#398938 09/25/04 06:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Guys:
1. Changeling
2. Flash
3. Arsenal
4. Robin
5. Tempest
6. Green Lantern
7. Nightwing
8. Superboy

Gals:
1. Supergirl
2. Troia
3. Rose Wilson
4. Harlequin
5. Bumblebee
6. Jesse Quick
7. Wonder Girl
8, Starfire

Extra 5: Changeling, hands down.
(edited to change the votes, Sorry and thanks, Bevis)

#398939 09/25/04 06:59 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
IB, you've got two Robin's there and no Flash.

#398940 09/25/04 08:28 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Guys:
1. Changeling
2. Arsenal
3. Tempest
4. Nightwing
5. Flash
6. Green Lantern
7. Robin
8. Superboy

Girls:
1. Harlequin (They'd love her & be afraid at the same time)
2. Wonder Girl
3. Rose Wilson
4. Supergirl
5. Troia
6. Starfire (They'd be facinated by her appearance)
7. Bumblebee
8. Jesse Quick

I've gotta go Changeling, too.

#398941 09/27/04 06:29 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
(edited to change the votes, Sorry and thanks, Bevis)
No probs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mediocre Boy
Mediocre Boy
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star