Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/09/24 06:20 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 03:29 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 81 1 2 3 4 80 81
Re: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!!
#436655 08/11/03 09:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ulp! Now I've got to come up with something...

Okay, why were the villagers attacking Kurt (Nightcrawler) Wagner in GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1?

#436656 08/11/03 11:03 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Looked through some Essential X-Men because I knew there was a REASON Kurt was being chased but couldn't remember it. I believe it was after Kurt fulfilled his promise to his foster brother by killing him because he went evil. According to the annual this flashback was in, the townspeople saw him as a demon and believed he was terrorizing people, so they hunted him down until the Professor intervened.

#436657 08/11/03 11:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
He also had a crush on Jean Grey in the early stories, but it was never played up.
Seems like everyone has lusted after old Jean at one point or another. That little tart wink

Must have been the old green mini-dress smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#436658 08/11/03 11:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b] He also had a crush on Jean Grey in the early stories, but it was never played up.
Seems like everyone has lusted after old Jean at one point or another. That little tart wink

Must have been the old green mini-dress smile [/b]
Actually for me it was the red hair. tongue

#436659 08/11/03 05:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Future:
Looked through some Essential X-Men because I knew there was a REASON Kurt was being chased but couldn't remember it. I believe it was after Kurt fulfilled his promise to his foster brother by killing him because he went evil. According to the annual this flashback was in, the townspeople saw him as a demon and believed he was terrorizing people, so they hunted him down until the Professor intervened.
You are correct! Stefan, Kurt's half brother, had started murdering children in Winzeldorf. Nighty accidentally broke his neck trying to stop him. The townspeople discovered Kurt over a very dead Stefan and tried to lynch him, thinking this "demon" was responsible for all of the deaths.

Next question is yours.

#436660 08/11/03 08:48 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Thanks, Crawler. As much as I love all things X-Men, I'll switch to DC for a turn.

In the JLA syncrocity storyline in the early/middle of Morrison's run (JLA #18-#19, I believe), Julian September warped all probability. Which seven JLA members didn't disappear from reality as a result of the breakdown of probability (Although some were eventually changed)? Hint: One of the seven appeared from this catastrophe, but was not a current JLA member at the time.

#436661 08/12/03 09:01 AM
Leader
Leader
Oooh, I think I know this one.

Atom (not a current member but a key figure in solving the problem)
Flash (changed so he wasn't immune to friction, but still there)
Green Lantern (changed to a completely different guy but still there)
Wonder Woman
Plastic Man

Uh... bugger, now I'm stuck. Let's think who *did* vanish. Batman, Huntress, Steel, Aquaman, Big Barda all definately vanished. Erm... that would leave Martian Manhunter, Superman, Zauriel (I think) and Oracle.

OK, so I'm not sure if Oracle counted as a full member or not. And I don't think Martian Manhunter vanished either but I have a feeling Superman did.

OK, so I'm gonna go with Atom, Flash, Green Lantern, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Oracle.

If I were at home I could check coz I have the issues but it's more fun to try and remember off the top of my head.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#436662 08/12/03 09:19 AM
Leader
Leader
Argh, this is really bugging me now because i'm thinking I might be wrong about one of the seven and I can't check till I get home.

OK, so six of them (if you include Oracle, which I think you have to) I know I'm right about.

Atom was certainly there, Flash and GL were there coz they got changed right before the JLA won, Wonder Woman (who I think was Hippolyta at the time coz Diana was still dead) was there because they used her lassoo to capture the split atoms and I'm certain that Oracle was too.

But I don't know about Superman or Martian Manhunter coz I have a feeling neither of them were. Now Bruce Wayne was still around, he just never became Batman. Maybe that still counts though. ooooh, that's gonna bug me now. Someone tell me if I'm right or not or my head's going to explode. wink

#436663 08/12/03 11:47 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Bevis, you are SO close! You even managed to get Oracle, who stumped me when I tried to remember the seven myself when asking the question. All of your answers are correct but one, the Martian Manhunter. You're close enough that I'll definitely give the next question to you for effort, but can you figure out the seventh member? smile By the way, HE isn't as hard to think of as you might imagine. You've mentioned him multiple times already!

#436664 08/12/03 01:02 PM
Leader
Leader
The seventh member was Superman. Ok, so I ended up checking in the comic in the end. For some reason I just couldn't remember him from the story at all. He was Electric Superman at the time though so that might explain me blanking him. laugh

Ok, so I get the next question. Yay!

Hmmm. Ok, sticking with Dc (sort of) lets go with Sandman. During the Seasons of Mist storyline where Lucifer gave Dream the key to Hell and all the various Pantheons were trying to get it from Dream there's one major pantheon missing.

Who are they, and why aren't they there?

(you won't actually find the reason for them being missing in Sandman by the way. Just so's you're trying to find it there.)

#436665 08/12/03 01:27 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
OH, hell. I know which pantheon it is, but I don't know the reason, so I'm going to guess... it's because of the War of the Gods? (seems like that would be about the right time period.) If I'm right about the reason, then I'll say which pantheon (don't want to spoil it for anyone else.)

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#436666 08/21/03 11:07 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Greek gods, because they're fighting/merging with the Roman ones?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#436667 08/25/03 02:11 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Greek gods, because they're fighting/merging with the Roman ones?
That was the correct answer! I got it in the preboot before the Great Utah Darkness Saga, but in the postboot, the next question's to you, Sanity!

#436668 08/26/03 01:55 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I'll be cruel evil smile

Name five Spider-Man clones who were given codenames other than "Spider-Man" or "Peter Parker".

laugh

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#436669 08/26/03 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
I'll be cruel evil smile

Name five Spider-Man clones who were given codenames other than "Spider-Man" or "Peter Parker".

laugh
Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider
Kaine
Spidercide
Jack
The Guardian
laugh

#436670 08/26/03 09:13 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Excuse me while I go find the toilet.

Madness. smile Dredging up one of the WORST moments in comics history ever.

I'm just waiting for the next trivia question to be about Force Works. laugh

#436671 08/26/03 09:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry KP. But you tend to remember the bad things along with the good. The Clone Saga and its many cloned follow-ups were the reason I quit reading any Spidey title until Ultimate Spider-Man came out.

#436672 08/27/03 07:42 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider
Kaine
Spidercide
Jack
The Guardian
laugh
Damn... I was hoping those last two would cause a longer delay tongue

And some of us LIKED the Clone Saga, believe it or not. tongue

Away you go LL...

#436673 08/27/03 07:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The creator of Wonder Woman also created something non-comics releated that is still in use today. What was it and what was his name?

#436674 08/27/03 08:01 AM
Leader
Leader
You think asking a Wonder Woman question is wise while I'm around? He he.

Wondy's creator was William Moulton Marston (I think his pen name was William Moulton or something like that) and his artist co-creator was Harry G Peters.

And WMMs invention was the lie detector.

He was an interesting bloke. Lived with two women, one his wife and one his mistress and had children by both. Six children in total, I think (and possibly a seventh. I'm sure I've read mention of a child that there's no official record of or something like that) who all considered both women their mother.

I'm guessing that's the answer you were after LL but I'll await confirmation before posting another question (coz that'll give me time to think of one. laugh )

#436675 08/27/03 08:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I should have known you would be lurking waiting for a WW question Bevis. I thought I might slip that one past you though. The lie detector and William Moulton Marsden were the answers I was looking for.

Give us your best shot!

#436676 08/27/03 08:33 AM
Leader
Leader
Heh, letting a Wondy question slip by. Chance would be a fine thing. wink

OK, I've no idea how easy this will be as a question actually simply because I've never been a Marvel person so I've no idea how famous the relevant issues were. Anyhoo..

In 1970 in the pages of the Avengers the all-female group The Liberators made their debut. But who made up the team and who was their leader really?

#436677 08/27/03 10:10 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
And you people say the Clone Saga was bad? Avengers 83 is the most painful, cringe-worthy comic I have ever read, even with John Buscema art.

Leader: Enchantress (posing as Valkyrie)
Others: Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Medusa & Black Widow.

Now let us never speak of it again.

#436678 08/27/03 01:31 PM
Leader
Leader
Aaw, I liked it. OK so I probably only have fond memories of it because it was the lead story in an Avengers annual I had when I was weeny and it was my first introduction to Scarlet Witch who I thought was fab. Yeah so it was very cringeworthy (even Roy Thomas admitted so later) but I still like it. The same annual had an issue where some of the Avengers (Wanda, Quicksilver, Vision, Goliath and someone else I think) ended up on a parralel earth with the Squadron Supreme on it made up of Nighthawk, American Eagle, Lady Lark, Tom Thumb and Hawkeye. Didn;t understand what the fuck was going on but I still liiked it. laugh

Oh, and of course you were right sanity. You're up.

#436679 08/28/03 03:27 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
What was the first issue that Dr Strange was shown with a square amulet in?

Page 2 of 81 1 2 3 4 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,228
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Arcane-Lad
Arcane-Lad
Lewiston, ID
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star