Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by rickshaw1 - 05/02/24 08:47 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Challenging the Titans
#445318 04/10/06 11:32 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
I posted the same topic on the DC Boards, but it's quite fun so I decided to post it here as well. Enjoy!

Rules/Info
It's a game that involves any Titan character, dead or alive, or anyone who fits into that age category. The first 9 people to reply and say they want to be involved will be the contestants. Everyone else that posts here are the voters.

I will start off giving you a subject to make a team on; for example, Atlantis, and you'd have to make a team of underwater-based heroes/heroes with water powers/heroes any connection to Atlantis. Each team must have at characters, with 2 reserves, and you must explain your reasons. You're also only allowed to have 2 characters the same; for example, if I said:

Aquagirl - lives underwater, water-based powers
Tempest - water-based powers, Titan in past
Beast Boy - able to transform into any sea creature, valuable Titan etc.

The people AFTER that post would only be allowed to say 2 of the characetrs I used. You can also use villains in your team, but only if they have shown signs of heroism or are anti-heroes. Sorry if it's hard to understand.

Cosmic Boy...Rokk Krinn...Legionnaire...hero!
Re: Challenging the Titans
#445319 04/10/06 12:33 PM
strange but not a stranger
I think I need some clarification on the purpose of the game and how it works.

Is it to build various teams of Titans? What are the other posters voting on exactly?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#445320 04/10/06 12:53 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
The other posters vote for the team they think is best. The person who wins gets to pick the next topic. Sorry, I knew I forgot to mention something...

The basic idea is that the winner of the last round (or me, for this firts round) picks a topic; then, you would have to build a Titans team around that topic. However, you are only allowed to use 2 of the characters used in other teams.

Hope that's a bit clearer.

#445321 04/11/06 12:26 PM
OK. So what is the first topic?

#445322 04/12/06 03:55 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
The first topic will be this:

Build a team to completely decimate the current version of the Society.

But we have to wait for 8 other people before we can start.

#445323 04/12/06 05:55 AM
Leader
Leader
I...dont get it

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#445324 04/12/06 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Cosmic Boy:
The first topic will be this:

[b]Build a team to completely decimate the current version of the Society.

But we have to wait for 8 other people before we can start. [/b]
Do we have to wait for 9 people who say they want to play? (actually I think 9 is too high a number for this board) How about having the next 3-4 posters put together a team, then we can have a day or two voting.

Joe-Boy, I think the way this game will work is that you put together a team of Titans (present or past, alive or dead, or fit into the age catagory so you could use Star Girl from the JSA, but not Starman) that would fit the category. I think in the original post CB left out how many members each put together team should have. I say because the first Teen Titans consisted of four members with Speedy becoming the fifth Titan pretty early, we have it that each team put together consist of 4 members with an additional reserve member

Also say I post a team first, you could only use 2 of the characters I used. Then we vote on which team is the best.

#445325 04/13/06 02:31 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
^^
You just explained it ten times better than I ever could. wink

#445326 04/14/06 11:56 AM
OK then. Rules recap: Poster one: gives catagory. The next 3-4 posters submit teams of four Titans and one reserve. The members can be any present or former Titan or age appropriate character. Each team can have no more overlap than two characters. And you should explain your choice

After there have been 3-4 teams posted, other people can vote for the best team. Let's give 2 days for voting. At that time, the winner gets to pick the next catagory.

So let the game begin:

Cosmic Boy put forth the catagory: Build a team to completely decimate the current version of the Society. (I assume you mean the Secret Society of Super-villians and not the Justice Society of America.)

My Team:
1) Nightwing - Going against the Secret Society, you need someone who is a good leader, good tactician, and a good detective

2) Wonder Girl (either Donna or Cassie, but I'll say Cassie to change the interpersonal dynamic a little) - Super strength and good fighting skills

3) Raven - For attacks that aren't just on the physical level

4) Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones) - As weapons master and fighting ability.

Reserve: Kid Flash (Wally) - Can't beat super speed for a back up.

#445327 04/14/06 01:51 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
1)Nightwing (Richard 'Dick' Grayson) 2)Terra (Tara Markov)
Dick is into only a great martial arist and spectacular leader, he's a role model and has an insight into the criminal mind.
2)Terra (Tara Markov)
The member to shake Deathstroke, a member of the inner council, up a little.
3)Superboy (Conner Kent)
Lex Luthor cares deeply for him and views hima s his 'son'. With Luthor and Deathstroke's evil persona blunted, the Society's effectiveness will ebb.
4)The Ray (Raymond 'Ray' Terrill)
A complete powerhouse and my third fvaourite DC character. He is one of the most powerful people in the entire universe, as told by Vandal Savage.
Reserve: Ravager (Rose Wilson)
Yet another member to make Deathstroke a little more deranged. Going up against his own daughter limits his skill and willingness to kill.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Voting Categories:
Team Cohesion (choose the team you think fits together best)
Completing the Task (rate each team out of 10, 1 being the worst)
Readability (rate each team out of 10, 1 being the worst)

#445328 04/17/06 11:34 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Anyone else gonna play?

#445329 04/17/06 12:57 PM
Give it a little while Cosmic Boy. Legion World doesn't quite have the traffic as the DC boards. So there are less people who would play any games.

Even if no one else plays, it seems like a good game.

#445330 05/11/06 11:54 AM
Active
Active
I'll play.

1) Nightwing (leader) - there is a reason that he lead the heroes in IC and not Batman. Cause Batman can't play nice with other Children and Nightwing has been leading teams since he was in the FIRST incarnation of Titans.

2) Flash (Wally West) - Dick's co-leader and best friend. Wally is probably one of the most seasoned Hero in the DCU. He's tangled with practically ever menace in the DCU and triumphed. He is a valued member of the JLA and for good reason.

3) Supergirl - Apparently strong than her cousin and twice as inexperienced. Shes a powerhouse, and being on a team of vets like Wally and Dick can season her into the upper eschelon of DC Heroes.

4) Ravager - something about Deathstrokes kinda evil daughter fighting with alongside Nightwing makes me giggle. It would bring great story tension to the book. Plus Ravager has that killer instinct and you need that when fighting the Society.

5) Red Star (Leonid Kovar) - why you ask? Superstrenth, Flight, Speed, and Pyrokinesis. I good complement to Supergirl and Wally. Also, now that Pantha and Baby Wildebeast are dead he has renewed character meat. A character of long ago that deserves wider recognition.

How's that?

-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?
#445331 05/19/06 02:33 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And I'll give it a go as well:

Build a team to completely decimate the current version of the Society

1) Robin (Tim Drake) - Perhaps the only Titan that could out Nightwing Nightwing, Tim faced down Superman in Bludhaven recently and has fared well when pitted against Luthor as well. Of all the male Bats, he seems to have handled his recent personal turmoil the best.

2) Captain Marvel, Jr (Freddie Freeman)- Powerhouse you want? Powerhouse you get. Freddie can take on the toughest the SSSV has to offer. Black Adam beware! You will have to answer to CM3 now

3) The Ray (Ray Terrill) - Blaster extraordinaire and, as CB points out, among the most potent heores in the DCU. Plus he has a score to settle with the Society and this gives him the chance to avenge his FF teammates

4) Damage (Grant Emerson) - Grant is another powerhouse and, like The Ray, certainly has the motivation to take the fight to the Society for what they did to the FF. Besides who else do you know that has enough power to set off the Big Bang! I'm betting that the time spent under the tutelage of the Human Bomb in the FF has matured him to the point that he could easily be one of the most potent forces in the DCU if given the chance. And those genes!

5)Reserve Jakeem (and Thunderbolt) - Someone has to be available to take on the mystical villains in the Society, and Jakeem can easily fill that role.

This was tough! There were so many others I considered including Ion (Kyle), Wally (Flash), Donna (Troia), Leonid (Red Star), Kori (Starfire), and Garth (Tempest) among many others, but this is the group I've picked for this mission so lets have at it!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#445332 05/20/06 02:03 PM
I am thinking that we can forego the voting part. (unless others want to vote)

I am going to propose a new scenario.

The Brain has sent Madame Rouge and Monsieur Mallah back in time to the Old West in order to change history. Which Titans should go stop them?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,084
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Querl Dox
Querl Dox
Saline, Michigan
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star