Roll Call
1 members (razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo), 46 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by razsolo - 05/17/24 05:44 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by razsolo - 05/17/24 05:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/17/24 02:24 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/17/24 02:22 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/17/24 02:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 01:38 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 04:00 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 03:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: The Rann/Thanagar War (SPOILERS!)
#470607 10/10/05 07:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It has, I agree.

The question is, is that how DC sees it?

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#470608 10/12/05 03:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You can read a "post-mortem" of the series at Newsarama here

#470609 10/13/05 11:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Overall, the series was good. This issue seemed to really build up more, rather than resolve anything. More set up for future stories and books as opposed to feeding directly into IC.

I've never been much of a sci-fi guy, so another space epic really didn't grab me. I was reading it mostly for Kyle and Shayera. Kyle was handled well as a character, but not as the GL I read about. We all know how Shayera ended...

I will say this, the artwork in this series impressed me more than any of the other minis. And Gibbons wrote a good story- just not one I am interested in following.

Just spouting off.
#470610 11/17/05 03:05 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Written by Dave Gibbons
Art by Ivan Reis & Marc Campos
Cover by Gibbons & Michael Bair
Infinite Crisis is here - and the Cosmic Storm rages out of control, threatening the fate of the entire universe! While the Rannian and Thanagarian flagships each suspect that the other is responsible for the disturbances, Donna Troy must lead her team of space champions into the cosmos in an attempt to prevent total destruction. But as the war rages on,
a startling discovery will be uncovered, one hero will be forever changed, and another will
make the ultimate sacrifice.
On sale February 1 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US

Predictions:

- Kyle Raynor the one who will be changed, to "Ion" again. This rumor has been around for months, and it might be the way DC can differentiate Kyle from the Corps.

- Captain Comet as the one who dies frown . I really hope not though.

- I hope somehow an Adam Strange ongoing spins out of this, or even a series of Adam minis each year. Some type of space-hero comic book with all of them would be even better.

#470611 11/17/05 03:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
In the wake of revelations about the future of the Hawkman title, I've got to wonder about who is being forever changed and who is dying.

Comet's probably hosed, though. Dammit.

#470612 02/05/06 11:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Comet was safe, so far.

RANN THANAGAR WAR INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL

The Rann Thanagar mini was my least favorite of the countdown events. This special does nothing to change that, and does plenty to propel it to the depths of HOUSE OF M. Bad dialogue, some weird characterization and a flat, useless death- no, worse, a death used to elevate an already-powerful hero-- of a potential-filled heroine land this in the running for worst of the year. Yep, I know it's just January, but I'll bet that'll still be true in December.

Blech. I'm sorry I spent the money to see Shayera Thal and Jade flicked away like so much dust and ash.

#470613 02/06/06 08:16 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I loved the mini-series, but this special upset me a lot.

I loved it at first, though. Very nice cover by Gibbons (he may not be drawing much these days, but that's probably why he's better than ever when he does draw); Reis and company's art is just as dynamic and detailed as in the mini-series, but with a cleaner line; I loved how much of the spotlight Donna Troy had in the early scenes.

But then...urrrgh, not Jade, nooooo! Does DC have some kind of vendetta against Roy Thomas or something?

Bad enough that they refuse to ressurect Katma Tui, and now Jade's dead, too! mad

Kyle...erm, Ion...um...yeah...that's a cool Starlin-esque "cosmic face" he's got now. It doesn't matter to me much either way. But since Ron Marz has clawed his way out of the pits of hell where he deserves to be (IMHO) and somehow gotten a new assignment from DC, I will most certainly not be reading the upcoming Ion ongoing.

And I agree with Cobie -- more Adam Strange, more, more, more! (Hope you didn't mind me borrowing your catch-phrase there, Harbi.) wink

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#470614 02/07/06 09:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
This series has been the big action book of the Coutdown minis. It set up the massive universe of fascinating characters that DC has stabled.

Jade's death was rathher blase', a typical hero death. I was never particularly attached to her, and she had been the favoured to die since it was announced in the special's solicits.

The shame is that DC has to kill younger characters because readers can't say good bye to older ones.

Just spouting off.
#470615 09/06/08 10:34 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Anyone else buy the Adam Strange Rann/Thanagar Holy War special?

There was a Hawkman one earlier this year (and, boy, did it potentially open a can of space-worms...)

Anyway, the heroes face a time-faring villain named Synnar (spelling?) who fills their head with cryptic statements. Mostly centered around the 'Aberrant Six', a group that Adam and Hawks are apparently a part of.

With that name, I half-expected the group to consist of Obsidian, Piper, Batwoman, Question II, Icemaiden and Tasmanian Devil.

From Synnar's M.O. and the inclusion of Hawkman, I figured Donna Troy would be the next stop. But Adam's place in this 6 has me puzzled.

There's a possible glimpse of future Thanagar that apparently gives away the ultimate ending of this long-lived War. But, maybe not- given the shiting sands sort of approach that seems tied to Synnar.

#470616 09/07/08 01:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I picked up the Hawkman special. It was okay, but really not a full story. The Aberrant Six thing just screams hack writing, a cheap way to build suspense. And the revelations behind the latest Hawkman incarnation don't bode well for the character.

Just spouting off.
#470617 09/20/08 09:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Throneworld's now destroyed. I was hoping a new issue would see some amelioration of that plot from last month. But not to be.

Poor outer-space Starman. Another 'Last son'.

I hope someone or other snaps Lady Styx's neck, or whatever body part will render her fully dead and unable to return. I hate her, and not in a good way.

I hope there's a payoff ahead, because this ongoing Rann/Thanagar stuff is more than beginning to wear. And the cosmic religions? I've pretty much had my fill of them, too. Lady Styx/Space Church can join the Spectre and 'bad' Mary Marvel in the Lex Luthor/Joker club of properties/ideas I don't want to see again for at least half a decade.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,393
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
crooow, DrJohnnyDiablo, sheer
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Paul Newell
Paul Newell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star