Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/30/24 08:52 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:39 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/30/24 06:24 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:20 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 04/30/24 06:12 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added BOUNCING BETTY 30 April*
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:16 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JSA (spoilers)
#471010 07/12/03 08:35 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

Wow- #50 was quite an issue. It didn't quite wrap up everything nicely-- I think it was decided to extend the storyline another issue (bad choice, IMO)-- but what was there was fun.

I liked that the villains were taken down in the reverse order of their appearing earlier in the series. First Eclipso, then Obsidian, then Mordru (well-- almost...)

It was fun seeing Freedom Fighters and Soldiers of Victory-- though I *do* understand those that felt it got crowded.

I especially loved the Johnny Thunderbolt/Mordru 'smile' scene and dialogue. I think that finally sealed my acceptance of that change for Johnny Thunder, Jakeem and the Thunderbolt. "I smile because I love life..." (Take that grim 'n' gritty only Batman, Lobo, Wolverine fans... smile )

Obsidian's 'rescue' and (hopefully) redemption in the midst of an overdue family reunion was touching, if a bit sentimental.

This family needs some more exploration- either here or in GREEN LANTERN- or THE OUTSIDERS or a Scott family mini-series (where maybe just possibly we'd get to see the Golden Age Harlequin, Molly Mayne again...)

I think SAND will reintegrate at some point and rejoin the cast (at least, I fervently hope so-- he's among my favorite JSAers).

POWER GIRL's origin wrinkles has me intrigued. Maybe this could be explored in a time-tripping crossover with the Legion. Instead of either team traveling to the other team's 'hometime'-- they could both wind up in Earth's distant past-- where a small group of Kryptonions are trying to settle a new colony near the just-sunken Atlantis. "The War Between the JSA and the Legion", anyone?

PG could be half-Atlantean, half-Kryptonian. One of the Legionnaires can have a romance with a mermaid or merman... Stargirl can flirt with Star Boy... Jakeem could develop a crush on KID Q... Jenni and Jay can have a heartfelt reunion...

Wasn't there an 'ultimate sacrifice' mentioned in hype for this issue? I know lots of people think that means Sand, but it actually could be more applicable to Arion...

TN InvisibleKid

Re: JSA (spoilers)
#471011 07/12/03 09:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You know, I haven't read JSA #50 yet, but that is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea to get the Legion and the JSA together.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#471012 07/12/03 09:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thought Mordru had an interesting line,
"...nature prefers chaos! Disorder is the rule! My rule."
Sounding a bit like the Time Trapper there ...
although he definitely sounded like himself when he said it was his destiny to remake the world in his image.

#471013 07/17/03 06:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay I haven't seen anyone mention this here so I thought I'd bring it up. What's the deal with the revelation that it was Mordru who was the force behind Zero Hour? Is this true?

#471014 07/17/03 07:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't recall that revelation. They said that Murdru posessed Hank Hall who later became Extant, but that was for the purpose of bringing a Hawk/Dove child into the world -- one born of both Chaos and Order that he could inhabit.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the company line is that Zero Hour was still Parallax's doing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,031
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
kidflash2fan
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Red Bee
The Red Bee
Indiana
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star