Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/10/24 05:38 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
#476403 05/18/04 03:05 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Check here

This looks really cool! Good writing, good art, a character I really like...I'm in!

For those that haven't clicked the link yet, there will be regular appearances by Strong Guy and Wolvesbane (although Rahne will still be in New X-Men, so don't worry Arachne wink )

Re: New Peter David mini-series featuring Madrox the Multiple Man!
#476404 05/18/04 11:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm psyched cuz I really liked what PAD did with Madrox on his "X-Factor" tenure (the comedy stuff as well as the serious side he exposed). I also liked Madrox's appearance in X-Men awhile back that really showcased how much an "army of one" can really be a force to be reckoned with -- he held his own against the FF after all...

#476405 05/19/04 05:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like Madrox, and I like PAD's writing. But I'm not sold on this just yet.

Madrox has "third-tier" stamped all over him and PAD is going to have to come up with a really good angle to sell this.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#476406 05/19/04 05:29 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
I'm sold with PAD's involvement alone with these three characters because I'm a huge fan of his 90's X-Factor days and the New Mutants (and thus Wolfsbane).

I'm fond of the character of Jamie, so I'm looking forward to getting the comedy and drama back into his life after his regulation to the sidelines mostly the past five years. I'm interested to see where Mr. David goes with Jamie as a detective, seeing as how the role makes sense for his powers, but I'm not sure how it'll be executed with his personality...

One can also hope for the return of one of the greatest villains ever to counter a team in their first appearance: the mayo jar. wink

#476407 05/19/04 11:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Where did you read that he's going to be a detective?? What kind?

I really liked how PAD gave Jamie a personality -- he seemed like a wiseacre clown who was crying on the inside because of past trauma and possibly because of the schizophrenic nature of his powers. I hope we get to see what he'll look like soon (I hope it's not that old green/yellow outfit).

#476408 05/20/04 08:28 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Newsarama has posted an interview with Peter David here: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13187

This includes a look at Jamie's new design (his shirt design is classic in my book) and more details about Jamie's life, his current job, and the roles he and his supporting cast will play.

#476409 05/20/04 11:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Very cool. It looks like "MadroX" be joining Monk and Creegan (from "Touching Evil") in the new pantheon of "defective detectives" from the sound of it. The concept and art look promising and since it's a mini, I'll likely stick through the whole thing unless it's horrible.

#476410 05/21/04 05:46 AM
Active
Active
Thanks for creating this thread, Cobalt Kid! Even though I'm not a fan of PAD (having read his Aquaman, Hulk and Star Trek work, I feel he works too hard to insert a gag, especially at inappropriate moments), this DOES look like an interesting mini-series that I'll be sure to buy.

Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php
#476411 05/21/04 06:38 AM
Leader
Leader
Oh joy, another plotless PAD series that will run on and on and on and on forever without anything ever actually happening...except for the occasional of so clever gag that only serves to break my suspension of disbelief that this hack ever broke into the business

#476412 05/21/04 07:15 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
Oh joy, another plotless PAD series that will run on and on and on and on forever without anything ever actually happening...except for the occasional of so clever gag that only serves to break my suspension of disbelief that this hack ever broke into the business
Oh, Ouch! And I thought I wasn't fond of PAD. Who took a leak in your Wheaties this morning, O.O.? laugh

Well, you should be glad to hear that "MadroX" is only a 5 issue mini-series, so the nothing "ever actually happening" won't go on and on and on. Only 5 issues. smile

You really think PAD is a "hack"? I usually only reserve that term for Chuck Dixon or Ron Marz.

#476413 05/21/04 07:42 AM
Leader
Leader
No, I don't really think he's a "hack"... I just got on a roll there and couldn't stop myself. But I do get frustrated with shelling out $3 for a few lame puns and only the very smallest snippet of a longer neverending story. I have not gotten any real enjoyment out of PAD'S work in years, and his name on a project is more likely to act as a disinsentive for me to buy a new title. Writes a good column in CBG though... or used to, havn't subscribed to CBG in years.

#476414 05/21/04 07:50 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
But I do get frustrated with shelling out $3 for a few lame puns and only the very smallest snippet of a longer neverending story.
Yes, that's my chief complaint about PAD as well, particularly his Aquaman and Hulk work. PAD can write some VERY witty puns, but he places them in inappropriate moments.

A five issue mini-series, I'd assume, would have to be tightly focused, so no plot threads that get typically dangled by him for 12 issues or so.

MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
#491902 08/27/04 08:42 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Apart from p9, which I presume they'll fix in reasonably short order, MileHigh has the whole first issue up now here - http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/madrox1/

Looks decent (despite Guido's painfully stupid glasses), although I'm not sure if I'll buy it. What do the rest of you think?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Re: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
#491903 08/27/04 09:06 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I preordered it on the strength of PD's X-Factor run. I'm going to avoid the previews, but (or because) I'm really looking forward to it.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#491904 08/27/04 09:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Looked pretty strong.

If I had the cash...I'd get it.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#491905 08/27/04 04:21 PM
Leader
Leader
I found it very enjoyable. Jamie is a interesting character with a lot of story potential. Not to mention the fact it has Rahne & Guido is a huge plus. I really want one of those Multiple Man t-shirts now.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#491906 08/27/04 11:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Looks pretty good. I'm glad it's not just being played for laughs (no mayo jars yet). PAD made me a Madrox fan despite the fact that he spent so many years in that wacky costume and is named after an Oreo clone (or is that "dupe"?). He really found an interesting angle on the character and his powers. I also really like Rahne as a supporting character - much better than if he'd hired a new character as his secretary.

The art's also really impressive for what we've seen so far (urban drama). Hopefully he can handle action and more exotic locales as well.

I hope we find out what Madrox learned from his "Kane" dupe - it'd be nice if little quirks or bits of knowledge show up from one of his absorbed dupe's experiences around the world (I can imagine it almost being a bit like "the Pretender" except that rather than being a genius, he has all that knowledge from various dupes who'd lived the life).

#491907 10/21/04 11:17 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
On to issue 2...

Nice issue.

I like that Madrox's dupes are showing differing personalities now, but I'd like to start seeing a pattern in the dupes' variant personalities soon, rather than completely random elements of Jamie's psyche.

Oh, and I want to lay money on "Kim" actually being a cocker spaniel :-)

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#491908 10/23/04 06:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm actually liking Madrox quite a lot. If PAD could sustain this level of quality (and if the fantastic Pablo Raimondi stayed on the art), I'd love to see it as an ongoing. Unfortunately, PAD tends to stay a little too long on his books. Example: Supergirl started out _very_ strong but eventually moved too far away from his original concept to the point that I wasn't all that interested.

Dan
#491909 10/23/04 08:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
PAD does meander after a while... but in the case of Supergirl he sure got the title back on the track just before its cancellation.

I thought the concluding storyline was terrific... I don't know why DC didn't capitalize on *that* momentum.

Madrox has been fun. Love the dupes... I sort of wish Luornu could be taken somewhat in this direction. Though without the 'disposability' of Madroxxi (sp?).

I wish Quicksilver and Lorna would show up... just for a panel or two.

Todd

#491910 10/23/04 09:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This is a really good series and I hope it gets its due. David had totally found a great milieu for Madrox in the detective world. he functions much better here than in mutant slugfests. The infidelity case that comes in through the door (cheating via astral projection) reminds me of the kind of inventive melding of genres that "She-Hulk" is doing with law.

The art's also very good, although the Steve Buscemi look alike was a tad distracting. From the solits it sounds like Rahne will have more to do later and that's a good thing. I'd rather see him interact with her and Guido than his other selves.

#491911 10/24/04 05:28 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Madrox has been fun. Love the dupes... I sort of wish Luornu could be taken somewhat in this direction. Though without the 'disposability' of Madroxxi (sp?).
The plural is "Madri" - buy the AoA TPB when it comes out tongue

And what did you mean about Lu? Turn her into Myriad?

Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I wish Quicksilver and Lorna would show up... just for a panel or two.
You seen Lorna lately?

#491912 10/24/04 07:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Considering Alex and Lorna are still in full-costumed X-Men superheroics, it'd be a fun contrast to see Jamie work a case in those surroundings. Or better yet, have him investigate some of the other high powered super tights in Manhattan (kinda like "Powers" or "Alias").

#491913 10/24/04 07:55 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Mystery Lad, I'd definitely like to see Lorna in the pages of Madrox. Then he could work to undo all the horrors inflicted on her by Austen. Hell, he's done wonders for Rahne Sinclair in just the first issue!

I heard a rumor that if this book was successful that it might lead into a new X-Factor book.

Dan
#491914 10/25/04 03:03 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Hell, he's done wonders for Rahne Sinclair in just the first issue!
Actually, reverting her "voice," and going against what's happening in NXM is something I don't like about this. I know he had an "acknowledge and ignore" caption or two to explain it. But it plain does not fit...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,241
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Paul Newell
Paul Newell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star