Roll Call
0 members (), 15 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 08:31 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/17/24 09:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
The Infinite Crisis Death Pool (SPOILERS)
#480280 07/27/05 08:56 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As we all know, it's impossible to have an "event" series in comics these days without a body count. Doubtless there's already been a lot of speculation on who's going to bite the big one this time around. So, here's where you put your (virtual) money where your mouth is.

Pick your top five choices for who will have their ticket punched in the Infinite Crisis, ranked in order from most likely to die to least likely to die. For each death you correctly predict you get points: 5 points if your top pick dies, 4 points for your second choice, 3 points for your third choice, 2 points for your fourth choice and one point for your fifth choice. Whoever has the most points at the end of the Crisis wins. The winner, of course, gets, um, bragging rights and stuff...

For the purpose of the IC Death Pool all deaths are considered equal. Established supporting characters, heroes and villains are all fair game, and the death of a perennial fringe character "weighs" as much as the death of one of the big guns. In other words, a Snapper Carr death would count for just as many points as a Superman or Batman.

To count the death must occur in Infinite Crisis or as a direct result of the events happening in Infinite Crisis, meaning a death in an IC Crossover book would still count towards the point totals. Deaths occurring prior to Infinite Crisis (in one of the series leading up to IC) will not count in this pool!

All picks must be posted before Infinite Crisis launches on October 12, 2005. You may edit your picks at any time up to the launch of the IC mini (you know, in case one of your picks gets killed before the series starts) but once the series starts all picks are final!

So, let's get it on!

Re: The Infinite Crisis Death Pool (SPOILERS)
#480281 07/27/05 09:00 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
My picks:

1- Jay Garrick. It's a Crisis, so a Flash has gotta bite it, right. Let him go out in a blaze of glory!

2- GL Kyle Rayner. Now that Hal's back he's expendable.

3- Weather Wizard. Meh. Why not?

4- Connor Hawke. Now that Ollie's back he's expendable.

5 - Starfire. Again, why not?

#480282 07/27/05 09:30 AM
Active
Active
1 - Superboy (Kon-El) Clones out!

2 - Batgirl (Cassandra) I want Barbara Gordon back!

3 - Booster Gold (With his Legion past in limbo, he's another option)

4 - Firestorm (The new guy)

5 - Kid Flash (Another Legion anomalie, if Xs is out, her cousin too)

From UK with glamour.
#480283 07/27/05 12:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Kid Flash is my firsat choice.

Alfred (if he's still alive, I don't follow Batman) second.

Agree about Booster Gold for number three.

Beast Boy/ Changeling/ Gar Logan. He needs to die really.

Poison Ivy as five.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#480284 07/27/05 01:26 PM
O
Applicant
Applicant
O
1: Human Bomb
2: Green (Conner) Arrow
3: Professor Zoom (reverse Flash)
4: Damage
5: Jason Todd

#480285 07/27/05 01:44 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
1) Commissioner Gordon
2) Dr. Light (the villian)
3) Booster Gold
4) Golden Eagle
5) Donna Tro..er..Joke..er..Lex Luth..er..Phoeni...er...John Byrn..er...Synde

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#480286 07/27/05 02:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
What a morbid poll! I love it!

<strike> 1. Black Condor (OK I'm cheating here - I think I read somewhere that he dies in the first issue)</strike>

(Since Black Condor has been disallowed for use in this game I'm changing my guess to...)

1. Chronos (No particular reason. I just thought that some villains would probably die in this event too and that maybe the death of a time-traveller would start all the time mix-up hoo-hah.)

2. Dr Mid-Nite (Since Geoff Johns is writing this he'll definitely be feeling the pressure to off some characters from his own titles and I don't see the Doc bringing anything to the JSA that any of the others don't)

3. Booster Gold (Definitely a gonner IMO if he isn't already gone by the end of The Omac Project)

4. Shift (I'd love to have picked all of Winnick's new characters but this is the one I see as being the most likely to get killed - seeing as he's a completely redundant amalgamation of Metamorpho and Plastic Man)

5. Artemis (Doesn't an Amazon always die in these sorts of things too?)

I'm quite sure some Titans characters will die in this too but I couldn't bring myself to pick any of them. Too many Titans have died over the years.

#480287 07/27/05 02:42 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
*sob* Why does the world hate Bart??? frown And I sure as hell hope it's not Jay or Pieter or Kyle. Extra frown frown frown

All righty then -- my votes....

1. Captain Marvel. I'm not really sure why but I think he might be axed somehow.
2. Professor Zoom. That Wonder Woman/Flash crossover has to be important for sooome reason.
3. Dr. Light (the villain). Because he just needs to die. A-Sap please.
4. Guy Gardner. If we have to loose a Lantern, can it please be him?? He sucks arse.
5. Huntress. But that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Man, I don't want any Titans to die!! They're so young 'n' crap. frown It'd be uber sad if they die. Unless it's Starfire. Her I wouldn't be that sad about.

#480288 07/27/05 03:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<strike> 1. Black Condor - Yes heard about this one on the net. Apparently it's shown in the Wizard Preview. I'll remove it everyone else does.</strike>

1. Arsenal - Years of being the human punching bag for sadistic DC writers is over. R.I.P. Roy.

2. L'Ancienne Supergirl - Sorry Linda there can be only one. That cryptic comment by Jeph Loeb about clarifying your relationship with New Kara probably means some symmetry in the Crises.

3. Shift - Sorry redundancy, your character arc is over anyways.

4. Jason Todd - Yes again, this time stay in the ground. But once they've broken the seal they come back quicker with each successive death, quite analogous to a night of imbibing beer. Why'd you break the seal DC, why????

5. Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew. Not really but I needs to think about this

#480289 07/27/05 03:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
1.Wonder Woman

2.Alan Scott

3. Freedom Fighters (Uncle Sam, Human Bomb, Black Condor, Ray and Phantom Lady)

4. Captain Marvel Jr.

5. Brainiac

Let the Fun Begin!
#480290 07/27/05 04:30 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
1) Kid Flash
2) Booster Gold
3) Green Lantern - kyle
4) Booster Gold
5) Superboy - Kon-el

#480291 07/27/05 05:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by icefire:
3. Freedom Fighters (Uncle Sam, Human Bomb, Black Condor, Ray and Phantom Lady)
The thought of losing all these great characters scares me! But I fear you may be right eek

#480292 07/27/05 05:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
But there's rumors that they are getting a mini-series. Of course it could be a new Morissonian version of the Freedom Fighters.

#480293 07/27/05 07:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Tamper Lad Thats also my thought we will see a new Freedom Fighters come out of IC but I feel we are gonna lose the originals.

I think the new Blue Beetle will be here!

Let the Fun Begin!
#480294 07/27/05 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
1. Dr. Light - it would make a certain sense if the character who in a way started all this gets his in the finale.

2. Alfred - I'd hate to see it, but I get that feeling.....

3. Elongated Man - There's little point in a Ralph without a Sue.

4. Black Adam - I'll predict he turns against the bad guys and goes out with some honor.

5. Connor Hawke - popular enough that TPTB would consider his death to have an impact with fans, but pretty expendable right now as well.

I'm kinda bummed to hear that Black Condor's getting bumped off....

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#480295 07/27/05 09:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
wait a minute....I thought Poison Ivy was dead a few issues in Batman book, right? And Freedom Fighters will die??? where did it say? which issue of Wizard Previews? Fall or Spring or Winter....demanding mind wants to know! grrr....I like Black Condor, by the way! I hope that they don't kill off Phantom Lady!

#480296 07/27/05 09:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In the current issue of Wizard 167, they present 4 pages of art from Infinite Crisis 1, likely with fake dialogue like they did for the preview of Countdown.

That's where all the chatter about the Freedom Fighters is coming from.

#480297 07/27/05 09:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
1. The Ray. Like, does anyone care, and how long has it been since we've seen him. Years?

2. Kara Zor-El. History repeats itself.

3. Fire. 'Cuz the current DC hates the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League like yesterday's dooky.

4. Kyle Rayner. Because why do we need him at this point, and it'll be a huge emotional death with little fallout.

5. Zatanna, and DAMN you, DC, if you dare it.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#480298 07/27/05 10:06 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
1. The Ray. Like, does anyone care, and how long has it been since we've seen him. Years?
Well, he was in Young Justice... does that count?

#480299 07/27/05 11:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
1. Connor Hawke (at least one member of the "Arrow family" will go, if only because it's silly that there's an Arrow "family" at all)

2. Wonder Woman (replacing Martian Manhunter; I'm now convinced that she will be the founding JLAer to go)

3. Zantanna (isn't there supposed to be no more magic? Plus role in causing events)

4. Green Lantern John Stewart (maybe protected by cartoon, but maybe not if cartoon is ending)

5. Power Girl (just because I suspect her quest for her origins will be central to the plot)

#480300 07/27/05 11:42 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
1. Connor Hawke (at least one member of the "Arrow family" will go, if only because it's silly that there's an Arrow "family" at all)
Man, there's an Arrow cave, car and plane. I thin the 'family' is the least of their worries... wink

#480301 07/28/05 04:30 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
5 - Kid Flash (Another Legion anomalie, if Xs is out, her cousin too)
Note: Kid Flash is immune to continuity changes. He should be fine.

Now, on to my choices:

1) Hourman (Rick Tyler), for sheer redundancy - Johns brought back the original, so I figure he has no use for the son.

2) Starfire, because Nightwing's life isn't angsty enough. wink

3) Shift, because he's just a second-rate Metamorpho.

4) Kyle Rayner, because some villain had to be redeemed. Again, Johns had a hand in returning Hal, just as he did the original Hourman.

5) Ferro Lad - we'll discover that he was the first Legionnaire to die in the Legion's untold first year (which could be tied into the "52" event).

Dan
#480302 07/28/05 04:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Blacula:
2. Dr Mid-Nite (Since Geoff Johns is writing this he'll definitely be feeling the pressure to off some characters from his own titles and I don't see the Doc bringing anything to the JSA that any of the others don't)
You don't think having two Hourman's is in any way redundant?

Dan
#480303 07/28/05 09:33 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Caliente:
[b] 1. Connor Hawke (at least one member of the "Arrow family" will go, if only because it's silly that there's an Arrow "family" at all)
Man, there's an Arrow cave, car and plane. I thin the 'family' is the least of their worries... wink [/b]
Please tell me there's no Arrow hound... wink

#480304 07/28/05 10:00 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Caliente:
[b]
[b] 1. Connor Hawke (at least one member of the "Arrow family" will go, if only because it's silly that there's an Arrow "family" at all)
Man, there's an Arrow cave, car and plane. I thin the 'family' is the least of their worries... wink [/b]
Please tell me there's no Arrow hound... wink [/b]
There is no Arrow hound. (Have no idea if there is or isn't but, you asked me to tell you. laugh )

1. Mary Marvel - (she would provide the symetry with the original Kara ~ picture the identical Crisis cover with Capt Marvel holding Mary instead of Kal holding Kara)

2. Jean Loring

3. Batman (the iconic death a la Barry Allen. This of course leads to Dick finally assuming the mantle of the Bat as Wally did that of the Flash. And don't forget, Batman is to blame for the OMAC project and Big Brother.)

4. Lian Harper (they've already broken so many taboos in the lead up to Infinite Crisis that killing off a sweet kid is about the only thing left they can do.)

5. Guy Gardner (and he then becomes the new human host for the Spectre, restoring balance to that character.)

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,435
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jesjos
jesjos
Chicago, Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star