Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
Re: Official '52' Discussion Thread ... SPOILERS!
#489054 04/10/06 11:05 AM
Active
Active
True, Cassie is alive but we don't know anything about here besides that fact, correct? Hence, my suggestion as unknown.

Jamie

#489055 04/10/06 11:13 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I'm beginning to think that Cass herself framed Robin. The way she's stalking him is eerie; she seems to want to know his every move. I heard a theory that she frames him to force him in her new League of Assassins, but that's just a theory. I suppose it could be true...

Cosmic Boy...Rokk Krinn...Legionnaire...hero!
#489056 05/05/06 07:48 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
More bump than anything...

When does the first issue hit the stands?

Just spouting off.
#489057 05/05/06 08:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Next week, May 10.

#489058 05/05/06 01:55 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Check out the offical Daily Planet \'52\' website.

There are some fanboy stuff there that will make you smile. And someone over at DC is a fan of 'Office Space.'

#489059 05/06/06 05:47 AM
Leader
Leader
You'd think a newspaper as big and important as the Daily Planet would hire a copy editor or two to check the stories on its Web site before posting. At the very least, they should be read for grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Seeing as how I do that in my regular job already, I'd like to offer my services, but, alas, there is no "Contact Us" link on its Web site.

My tongue is slightly in cheek here, but it does really irk me when I go to even the most professional Web sites and find so many basic errors.

But it's an extremely fun idea.

#489060 05/06/06 06:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Cool site. DC has really done a good job promoting this story. FYI, Washington Post today features "52" in its "Media Mix" showcase and gives it an A-.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/daily/graphics/media_mix/050706.html

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#489061 05/06/06 08:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
You'd think a newspaper as big and important as the Daily Planet would hire a copy editor or two to check the stories on its Web site before posting. At the very least, they should be read for grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Seeing as how I do that in my regular job already, I'd like to offer my services, but, alas, there is no "Contact Us" link on its Web site.

My tongue is slightly in cheek here, but it does really irk me when I go to even the most professional Web sites and find so many basic errors.

But it's an extremely fun idea.
I do the same thing Seymour. Old habit from back when I was a journalist. Even more annoying than websites, thought, are comics that make it to print with the same kind of errors. I finally 'found' a copy of Civil War #1 and there are at least two instances of either a grammatical error or they just plain forgot a word or two and what was said made no sense.

#489062 05/08/06 09:50 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
OK, I figure with two days to go, it’d be fun to update this. The concept of the missing year has me excited, especially with DC giving us nuggets of knowledge before hand about who is missing and who is left available. To put it all in perspective, I thought I’d catalogue the information (because lately for some reason, I really like doing this laugh ).

I’m using the final list of IC deaths to begin, although I realize off the bat that many on the list aren’t quite that prominent in the DCU.

Died in Infinite Crisis and events leading up to Infinite Crisis
Sue Dibny
Firestorm
Harbinger (Lyla)
Doc (of the Omega Men)
Darkstars (Ferrin Colos, Munchukk, and Chaser Bron)
Vigilante I
Whip II
Gimmix
Boy Blue
Dyno-Mite Dan
I, Spyder
Timothy Ravenwind
Ibis the Invincible
Taia
Doctor 13 (Terry Thirteen)
Indigo
Manhunter (Dan Richards)
Manhunter (Chase Lawler)
Manhunter (Kirk DePaul)
Hector Hall
Fury
Blue Beetle
Pariah
Rocket Red
Supermen of America
Sparta
Hawkwoman (Shayera Thal)
SHAZAM (aka the Wizard)
Black Condor
Phantom Lady II
Human Bomb
Jade
Dr. Fate (Nabu)
Airwave
Neptune Perkins
Tempest - debatable
Dolphin - debatable
Lois Lane of Earth-2
Pantha
WIldebeast
Bushido
Lois Lane of Earth-2
Superboy (Conner Kent)
Peacemaker II
Ballistic
Geist
Nightblade
Mongrel
RazrSharp
Cardinal Sin
Major Disaster
Zauriel
Looker
Technocrat
Breach (at least exiting DCU forever)
32 Green Lanterns
Superman of Earth-2 (Kal-L)
Shift

Permanently disabled
Judomaster
Risk

Heroes we know are missing during the missing year
Superman
Batman
Nightwing
Robin
Batgirl (if not dead)
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally West)
Kid Flash
Aquaman
The Atom (Ray Palmer)
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
Ion
Green Arrow II (Connor Hawke)
Speedy II
Cyborg
The Metal Men
Blue Beetle III
Captain Marvel
The Spectre (?)
Dr. Fate
Captain Atom
The Outsiders (Thunder, Grace, Metamorpho, Captain Boomerang, Kitana)
Starfire
Captain Marvel
Jesse Quick?
Uncle Sam
The Creeper (speculative, but with the upcoming mini-series, I bet this one is a sure bet)
The Justice League of America – as a team, it does not exist.
The New Gods (Orion, Lightray, Mr. Miracle, Barda, Forever People, Takion)
Suicide Squad (including Bronze Tiger)

Heroes eventually missing during the missing year
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Supergirl
Hawkman
The Ray
Mary Marvel
Captain Marvel Jr.
Raven
Justice Society of America – as a team, stop having meetings sometime during 52

Heroes not known to the General Public during 52
Donna Troy/Harbinger – (very much up in the air what her status will be)
Checkmate
Fire – (now part of Checkmate)
King Faraday (part of Checkmate)
Atom-Smasher (in jail)
Wildog
Vigilante
Phantom Stranger
Dr. Occult
Amethyst
Shadowpact – (Blue Devil, Enchantress, Detective Chimp, Nightmaster, Nightshade, Ragman, Black Alice)
Various other mystical heroes (i.e. Faust, Nightforce, Bloodwynd)

If you think about it, that leaves a very thin DC universe. On top of that, rumors persist of various other heroes leaving Earth and disappearing during 52 (I suspect Adam Strange, for instance), further thinning it out. One can see now why a new Freedom Fighters and Global Guardians might arise during the missing year.

We know the Titans continue on during the missing year, but aren’t exactly a banner team for stability and reliability. That basically means we have the JSA (who stop having meetings) and the new Doom Patrol in regards to teams, and then a few heroes here and there. If we did a list of active DCU heroes (counting only ones to exist at the end of IC) I bet it’d be surprising as to how many ‘traditional, public’ heroes there are (Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, etc.).

Should we start compiling such a list? It could be fun…

#489063 05/08/06 10:40 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Characters Confirmed as Starring in 52 (as a lead)
The Question
Steel
Booster Gold
Enlonganated Man
Black Adam
Animal Man
Renee Montoya (possibly becomes Batwoman)
Adam Strange
Captain Comet
Will Magnus

Active “non-missing” DCU heroes on Earth*
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Martian Manhunter
Hawkgirl
Red Tornado
Zatanna
Firestorm
Arsenal
Vixen
Birds of Prey (Huntress, Gypsy, Oracle, Lady Shiva)
Manhunter
Obsidian
Geo-Force
Halo
Lady Quark
Dr. Light
Nemesis
Black Orchid
Plastic Man
Shining Knight
Guardian
Frankenstein
Bulleteer
Klarion
Agent Liberty
Gang-Buster
Oddman
Shade the Changing Man
El Diablo
Blue Jay
Tasmanian Devil
Mia
Faith
Manitou Dawn
Gunfire
Anima
Loose Cannon
Sparxx
Argus
Aura
Ambush Bug
Jack O’Lantern
Tempest (female one)
Willpower

Justice Society & allies
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Flash (Jay Garrick)
Wildcat
Mr. Terrific
Dr. Midnight
Hourman
Sand
Power Girl
Stargirl
JJ Thunder
Crimson Avenger
Brainwave

Titans & Titans East & Allies
Wonder Girl
Hawk & Dove
Flamebird
Aqua Girl
Red Star
Terra
Argent
Joto
Damage
Harlequin
Mirage (retired)
Thunder
Lightning

Doom Patrol
The Chief
Robotman
Elasti-Girl
Negative Man
Bumblebee
Herald
Changeling (I’ll count him as a DPer and I refuse to call him Beast Boy)

*At the exact moment between Infinite Crisis #7 and 52 #1. This, however, does not count heroes that are confirmed to be ‘missing’ at some point in 52.

Heroes eventually missing during the missing year
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Supergirl
Hawkman
The Ray
Mary Marvel
Captain Marvel Jr.
Raven
Justice Society of America – as a team, stop having meetings sometime during 52

Introduced or re-introduced during the missing year to the DCU
Supernova
Isis
Batwoman (Montoya?)
Mon-El?
The Global Guardians
Characters for the Force of July/The Freedom Fighters
Various Titans: (Kid Devil, Ravager, Offspring)

I know such a list is a massive undertaking, and there are all kinds of additions/corrections to make, but I was bored at lunch today and decided “why not?”. So feel free to add in, I’m curious to what the DCU would like during the missing year. Sure, we’re about to see it anyway, but its fun to speculate!

And also give your opinions on characters like the Challengers of the Unknown (are they active now?), etc.

#489064 05/08/06 10:56 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmmm-- I hadn't heard about a new berth for the Global Guardians. Where was that mentioned?

I hope Owlwoman and the Olympian make the cut (and survive 52, etc.)

#489065 05/08/06 11:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
ML, the new Global Guradians showed up in the first OYL issue of Green Lantern. It was a "news story" of them condeming GL Hal about some treaty where only native "metas" can operate in a country- ie Rocket Reds only in Russia and GL Hal being an American was breaking international law.

I think Owlwoman was the main spokesperson and I think Tasmian Devil and Cascade -the Indonesian water based powers- was in the group too. Anybody want to scan it so we can identify the others?

#489066 05/08/06 03:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks, rtvu2! I'll have to see if my cbs still has a copy.

#489067 05/10/06 11:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So, anyone pick up week 1 yet? Spoilers?

#489068 05/10/06 01:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think it started off well, giving us a hint of where the main characters are all at in their heads. Booster gets the lion's share of the spotlight, ending the issue with a minor shock.

The issue counts out the first week, using newsfeeds to cover the clean up and establish where the DCU is at this time. Talk about the Crisis is minimal, with only Bludhaven getting mentioned and Superboy-Conner's death being discussed in the media. A big memorial is going to be held at week's end, attended by the heroes.

Ralph Dibny:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Ralph takes a phone call from someone, asking how he's doing, hinting at an attack in Opal City of the Monster Society. We learn the caller is Bea (Fire,) and Ralph's home is destroyed. Later, he's listening to voice mail as he contemplates eating a bullet. The first call is Bea reminidng him of the memorial service for Superboy-Conner. The second is Sue's mortician, telling Ralph someone left a message on her tombstone.</span></span>

Booster:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">We see Booster the hero stopping Mammoth and learn he and Skeets are using their knowledge of the future to become crimestoppers. He's a sponsor hound now. By the end of the issue, we learn that the Crisis has put a kink in their plans.</span></span>

Steel:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Steel has a talk with his niece about their use of the armour. She seems more interested in catching up with the Titans than helping with the Crisis clean up. Steel disables her armour, telling her it's about what you do with it that counts.</span></span>

Question:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The Question claims the Bat-symbol for himself, replacing the bat with a "?" He tells Gotham he's watching, and shines the light at the city.</span></span>

Montoya:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Montoya's a drunk, spending the issue in a bar. The death of her partner and his killer getting off have left her in a sad state. Even her girlfriend has left her, unable to cope with Renee's drinking. Sulking in her apt, she gets blinded when the Questioin shines his revised Bat-symbol at her window.</span></span>

Black Adam:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Adam is ruling over his people in Khandaq. He mentions how the outside world betrayed him. The Themyscira Embassy is replaced with a Khandaq Embassy. He tells his people they will teach the world justice, just as a suicide bomber decries him and his people. In true Black Adam form, he dismantles the bomb (and the bomber,) asking who the bomber works for.</span></span>

General:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">In the crowded funeral shots, we get to see some heroes whose fates were unclear. Connor Hawke is there, Zuariel is alive again. Bart Allen is there, looking rather late teenish, and still unpowered. He mentions seeing Wally and Linda and how big the twins have grown.

The heroes are waiting for Supes, Bats, or WW to start the memorial service. Skeets tells Booster when the three of them should appear. They don't, and Skeets seems to have some malfunction as Booster freaks out over the missing Trinity. He keeps shouting they should be here, only to be told by Clark Kent that they won't be showing.</span></span>

Just spouting off.
#489069 05/10/06 01:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I see CJ was typing at the same time as me. tongue

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
Ralph's house in Opal City has been destroyed by one of the fights in IC. Fire tells him to go to the memorial for Superboy and the other fallen heroes. He contemplates suicide.

Booster takes down a villain in Metropolis and apparently has a detailed history of the future in Skeets. Tells a young girl Wonder Woman will be at the memorial service.

Steel takes the armor from his niece saying she hasn't earned it and she doesn't deserve to join the Titans yet.

Black Adam takes posession of Wonder Woman's former embassy to spread his vision to the world. Someone sends a suicide bomber at him. Elsewhere someone abducts Dr. Sivana and Mr. Mind.

At the memorial Booster counts down the seconds until Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman proclaim a new Justice League and usher in a era of peace and harmony. They don't come, the timeline has diverged from the history that Booster and Skeets know.

Montoya depressed over Cris Allen and on the bottle, returns to find her girlfriend has left her. The Question shines the rebadged bat signal into her apartment asking "Are you Ready" </span></span>

#489070 05/10/06 01:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
TL is much more succint than I. I will be studying at his knee until further notice.

Just spouting off.
#489071 05/10/06 02:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So, no History of the DCU in this issue?

#489072 05/10/06 02:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
HofDCU starts next week and runs for 10 weeks. Week 1 had 24 pages of content rather than the standard 22 though.

#489073 05/10/06 02:15 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Um, yeah. What he said...

Just spouting off.
#489074 05/10/06 02:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Of course the most brilliant move was not to have any credits on the cover. Or else it wouldn't be much of a cover, a little like this perhaps.

[Linked Image]

#489075 05/14/06 12:35 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I thought it was awesome. The sense that Infinite Crisis, in all its monumental 'end of the world'-ness just happened is right there and its very powerfully done.

Others have done a great job spoiling the details, but I really liked some of the little things:

- Black Canary puts her arms around Ray in seeing he lived (Canary and the Ray had a 'fling' in the old Ray series--minor bit of continuity that only myself and Geoff Johns seem to remember).

- Black Lightning saying that no man should see his daughter die as Alan did (he too has his own daughter as a super-hero now).

- Geo-Force, Zauriel (alive and well!), Vixen, Gypsy, etc. All in the background really, but I'm glad they're shown. I hope this continues!

- Most of the heroes in space have still not returned...I wonder how that is going to play out?

Poor Ralph. His scenes are still so heart-breaking, and I suddenly feel like we haven't really seen him since Identity Crisis, which is unfair to us for some reason. Odd how you can relate to a fictional character that way.

I feel Steel is going to have a tough year. The latest covers make me think that his niece might not live through it, or do something stupid.

I really like Montoya and can't wait to see what's going to happen with her and the Question, a fave of mine. The twist that he's shining the bat-signal at her window was just really cool. I feel like Grant Morrison *must* have had a hand in that, even though I'm sure Rucka is writing Montoya.

Can't wait to see more heroes, who lived and who died, etc., etc.! I like that we'll be seeing Clark all year too. I know Bruce, Tim and Dick will be around later in the year, as will a host of others and that will be part of the fun.

I'm really more excited about 52 than I was about Infinite Crisis, and well, just about anything published by any comic book company in years. Great start!

#489076 05/14/06 04:51 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Nightwing at the service = Jason Todd? Isn't Dick supposed to be gone by now? I'm wondering if the Nightwing in Outsiders has been Jason Todd during the whole year now...

Real Aquaman in at the service with Mera. I wonder if an actual reference will be made to when he last appears?

Characters unsure of: (1) guy in purple and white talking to the Ray and Guardian. (2) Person chatting with new Aqua Girl (in front of Gypsy and Vixen), (3) shiny woman with blue hair floating down with Mr. Miracle. Any ideas?

BTW, I expect weekly Wednesday spoilers from Tamper and CJ laugh

#489077 05/14/06 05:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Characters unsure of: (1) guy in purple and white talking to the Ray and Guardian. (2) Person chatting with new Aqua Girl (in front of Gypsy and Vixen), (3) shiny woman with blue hair floating down with Mr. Miracle. Any ideas?
1. It looks like an early Arsenal costume. Dunno.
2. I believe its supposed to be Black Lightning.
3. OMAC girl/Batman's girlfriend bodyguard Sasha Bordeaux.

#489078 05/14/06 05:08 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Good call on 2 & 3 Gary! I knew they were obvious but couldn't figure it out for some reason...

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star