Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by rickshaw1 - 05/03/24 09:15 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:11 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:10 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:07 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Quicksilver and Crystal have been breaking up for 21 years...
#493857 12/02/06 12:38 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Check out my poll over at newsarama
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=92904

Re: Quicksilver and Crystal have been breaking up for 21 years...
#493858 12/04/06 03:26 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I generally have always hated them as a couple. Crystal should really be with, above all else, the Black Knight IMO. Not the Torch, the Sentry, Pietro, etc., but Dane Whitman.

Pietro works so much better being divorced/seperated too.

#493859 12/04/06 03:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Darn even in my complicated formula to figure out comic book years that's a long time! I'd put it at 6 to 7 years. wink

As for the Black Knight? His curse seems to be women! Wasp, Sersi, Crystal? So close yet so far.

#493860 04/01/07 06:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
As of SILENT WAR #3...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Crystal divorces Quicksilver. According to 'Inhuman law', anyway. Which is now, apparently, the only law she recognizes.
</span></span>

Anyone reading SILENT WAR? #3 has a very nice image of Crys and Pietro on the cover, though the interior art features an absolutely wretched rendition of what should be the Exquisite Elemental.

It does have a corker of a last page, though. Even if it does bring in a character I really didn't want to see just now. Can't there be *one* INHUMANS story without this character? Sheesh!

I personally hope the Inhumans kick the U.S.'s butt, since what the Marvel American government has perpetrated is a crime equivalent to someone or ones stealing our Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell and Betsy Ross's first flag.

#493861 04/01/07 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
crystal and quicksilver are both kinda icky crazy....maybe they deserve each other.

p.s. i hope the inhumans hand the U.S. their butts, as well as the Sentry...I'm tired of his "i'm sooo powerful" business. except after civil war the U.S. has an organized army of super powered agents. maybe the inhumans will move again to a more distant space local.

#493862 04/04/07 02:17 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Were they the third married couple in Marveldom? I think Reed and Sue were first, followed by Jan and Hank. Hmm...makes me wonder who was the fourth...

#493863 04/04/07 03:00 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, the double wedding of Mantis/Swordsman and Wanda/Vision was right after Pietro and Crystal, so they would probably be next.

Was there no one b/t Jan and Hank (Avengers #60) and Pietro and Crystal (FF #150)? I can't think of any else...

#493864 04/05/07 02:18 AM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
I loved the crack about how Crystal loved Pietro unconditionally... was that before or after sleeping with Wanda's real estate agent?

I was thinking of juxtaposing frames in this comic with other frames ok comics that show just off the continuity and characters are in this one but after the Silent War fiasco I don't think I would be telling anyone anything they don't know.

Also what is up with Pietro's hair? I thought it was like that because he was running all the time... shouldn't it stay combed now? He looks like he's dressing as Dracula for a costume party.

I should stop buying marvel books altogether they are just depressing me lately.

#493865 04/05/07 05:15 PM
Leader
Leader
This is why I have no interest in reading new Marvel Comics (and haven't for many years now).

To me, Crystal should have been Johnny's girlfriend-- PERIOD. (Jack Kirby would have NEVER broken them up...)

#493866 04/06/07 05:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by wndola1:
I loved the crack about how Crystal loved Pietro unconditionally... was that before or after sleeping with Wanda's real estate agent?
Poor Crystal... Pietro was hardly the model husband during this period. That's no excuse, I suppose, but did she even think of herself as married, given the 'married on Earth' comment she made to Sentry in that recent AVENGERS issue? She and Pietro were wed in Attilan-- apparently Inhuman's marital status changes depending on *where* they are.

Or not.

That episode with the real estate agent was certainly a low point. Sort of human, though. Ironically. Or not.

Originally posted by wndola1:

I was thinking of juxtaposing frames in this comic with other frames ok comics that show just off the continuity and characters are in this one but after the Silent War fiasco I don't think I would be telling anyone anything they don't know.
Did you mean 'Civil War' fiasco? I don't know that I would call SILENT WAR a fiasco, since it's only half way through. Crystal's artistic representation, excepted.

#493867 05/31/07 09:06 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
p.s. i hope the inhumans hand the U.S. their butts, as well as the Sentry...I'm tired of his "i'm sooo powerful" business. except after civil war the U.S. has an organized army of super powered agents. maybe the inhumans will move again to a more distant space local.
Well, Black Bolt & co OWNZOR the Mighty Avengers. Except Sentry, who narrates the issue, watches it all, gets updates from CLOC on a situation no-one else knows about... and decides that getting involved would just make things a hundred times worse.

Incidentally, David Hine has ten times the handle on Sentry that Bendis does.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#493868 06/01/07 12:21 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think Reboot's talking about #5, which came out today. And the Inhumans do indeed acquit themselves well-- though Marvel's stupid U.S. government is digging in and launching a counterattack.

Can't believe *no* heroes stand with the Inhumans over this issue-- or at least ask them about the incident at the theater.

The government and Tony Doom'll probably blame the Inhumans for the transformations and eventual quick deaths of their little Marine attack squad altered by the Terrigen crystals (we know humans who exposed themselves to the mists die soon after exposure now).

I thought it was funny that the bystanders on the street called one of the teams the 'Mighty Avengers'. Do they actually call themselves that? That's hilarious. Do Spidey, Luke Cage and co. call themselves the 'New' Avengers?

The Medusa/Luna/Maximus scene was chilling and can result in no good. (Unless Luna actually *does* heal Maximus and he emerges a shiny, happy, well-adjusted individual full of remorse for his past actions and ready to seek redemption. But what are the chances of that?)

I liked Sentry's narration-- you're right, Reboot, Hines has a great grasp of the character-- or, at least a compelling one, since I'm not all that familiar with Sentry's history. I sort of begrudge him his role, though- since I would like to have read this battle from Crystal's POV... since she was an AVENGER! You'd think Jan or Carol or somebody would've at least *thought* that!

Of all the characters on that battlefield, she would've been the one most conflicted. And what's her role? She says "Home, Lockjaw". And that's it.

Is it editorial edict for all Marvel writers to completely ignore *anything* that happened in Avengers comics before Bendis took over?

#493869 06/02/07 12:37 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Bendis + Sentry = tons and tons of fans not giving the Sentry the chance he deserves. frown

Hine does a good job though.

#493870 06/02/07 09:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Any one else bugged by Crystal's role in SILENT WAR?

And when is the last time Triton has said *anything* anywhere?

#493871 06/06/07 12:26 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I didn't pick this up, so anyone want to give me the 411 on what's happening? Specifically in regards to Black Bolt, Crystal, and Pietro (if he's in it)?

#493872 06/06/07 02:20 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I didn't pick this up, so anyone want to give me the 411 on what's happening? Specifically in regards to Black Bolt, Crystal, and Pietro (if he's in it)?
Black Bolt's having a very unhappy time

Pietro was in issue 3, where Layla turned up (dragging Madrox along) to play a downright evil trick on him Re: Crystal.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#493873 07/01/07 11:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Inconclusive "to be continued" endings aren't limited to DC, apparently.

I like a couple of results:

I think the Inhumans returning to Earth is a *good* thing. Being up there on the moon has isolated them too well.

It doesn't appear that any of the royal family were killed (or does it?)

I'd like them to maintain some sort of presence on the moon, however.

I hope the Black Bolt/Medusa marriage survives, somehow.

Fitting this in with the Hulk War happenings is puzzling.

I hope future writers of the Inhumans better utilize Crystal, their second most powerful member (you could argue the point that she might be *most* powerful, actually). Did she even use her powers in this mini?

I further hope, *really* hope that Maximus' plan and usurption of the throne eventually leads to his death. I think one of the things that has held the Inhumans back is the continued reliance on this character for plot. A little variety would go a long way.

Where will the Inhumans appear next? I haven't seen them mentioned in solicits, I don't think.

#493874 07/24/07 11:33 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I recently read all six issues of The Silent War over a three-day period. What follows is a mini-review, with some SPOILERS.
Let me start by saying I've always been indifferent to the Inhumans. They're a cool concept and the characters have been somewhat interesting over the years, but I can take or leave them. Therefore, I do not have any great emotional investment in them.

However, I've been pulled into the Inhumans' and Pietro's situation over the past year or so. It began with Son of M, in which the depowered Pietro tried desperately to regain his powers, even if it meant defiling the Inhumans' most sacred ritual concerning the Terrigen Mists. I felt sorry for Pietro, even if I couldn't sanction what he was doing. He clearly had no respect for the laws of the people who had taken him in. However, he did love his daughter, and the scenes of them together were quite tender.

Pietro plays a small but important role in The Silent War: he loses just about everything he has left to lose. Again, I feel sorry him, even though he's brought it on himself. (Interesting use of his time-forward abilities, by the way, and how they were manipulated by Layla.)

Because of Pietro's earlier actions, the Inhumans are now in a cold war with the United States, but the war doesn't remain cold for long. An attempt by Gorgon and others to use terrorism without killing misfires, and things escalate, as they always do in war. All of this is frighteningly real.

In fact, I found it impossible to read this story without drawing parallels to the U.S. government's recent actions. The idea that any race or nation more powerful than we are must automatically be a threat -- as expressed by Professor Cartwright -- stands in chilling contrast to the absurd arrogance of our present adminstration, which seems to regard itself as all powerful. One can't help but wonder how the administration would react if a race such as the Inhumans truly existed in our world. Would the U.S. seek them out as allies, or would our baser nature get the better of us, as it has done in the Marvel Universe?

Luna plays a very interesting and pivotal role in all this, as does Medusa. Blackbolt remains as inscrutable as ever, and he is at least partially responsible for the horrific outcome of the war. His inability to talk without causing havoc is used as an apt metaphor for his inability to communicate with his subjects. Ultimately, he loses their trust even as he loses Medusa's affections (both of which may or may not be Maximus's doing).

This chilling and provocative story is no mere escapist fantasy. It kept me enthralled right up until the unfortunate Sopranos-like ending. Someone no doubt will pick up the story of the Inhumans in the future, and we'll find out what really happens. But for now I'm not quite certain how to interpret an ending that was left so open to interpretation. It is interesting, however, to note that Blackbolt ends up much like Quicksilver: he's lost pretty much everything and has only a little girl on his side.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#493875 02/02/08 10:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
According to a post made by Hines on a message board (which was transcribed/cross-posted on the Comic Book Resources message board, so take this for what it's worth), there will be *no* follow-up to SILENT WAR.

Y'know, the one with the most 'what next?' inducing ending in awhile.

At least till EMPEROR VULCAN came out.

Hopefully, this just means that Hines isn't involved with the INHUMANS' immediate future(s)... not that they don't have one.

With Black Bolt revealed to have been replaced by a Skrull at some point, they'll have to address SILENT WAR, won't they?

When's the first convention? I hope someone asks about this and that whatever Q&A sessions there are don't end up being devoted entirely to Spidey ONE MORE DAY crap.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,095
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SoM
SoM
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star