Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Re: Young Avengers & Children's Crusade
#497013 03/19/05 09:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Spoilers for #2
Scott, I didn't even notice the "Lad" reference. Of course, I don't think I ever knew Kang was from the 30th century. Iron Lad's identity doesn't thrill me. Don't we have enough Kanglings running around? (Kang, Immortus, Scarlet Centurian, and Rama-Tut) I would rather he be a son or namesake of some sort. This way we can avoid yet another Kang War where Kang rails against his desiny to become Immortus.

Otherwise, I liked the second issue more than the first. The Cassie Lang stuff is interesting, but it looks more like she'll be Giant-Lass than Atom-Girl. (Hmmm...actually, though someone referred to her as Atom-Girl, I suppose it's probably not a great idea to have two Atom-Girl's running around on two teen teams with near-identical powers.) I'm also curious about the woman YA "rescued" in #1 and how she'll fit it. My guess is she'll be a much-needed mentor to the team who will get them on track.

Dan
#497014 03/19/05 03:49 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
ANT-Girl, not Atom.

And Chung shouldn't have made her so big on that last page. It strains credulity just a bit to have her (normal) clothes stay on adquately (enough to cover her anyway) when she's more than double her original size.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#497015 03/19/05 07:46 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
[50 posts... I'd say this thread can support itself. Fly free, little thread!]

I finally get my copy of #2 this Monday, and after issue 1's ending it's near the top of the pile. nod

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#497016 03/20/05 07:43 AM
Leader
Leader
Lot's of speculation over at teh GLA yahoo group that the other girl will be a teen version of Hawkeye, largely based on the fact that she's wearing purple but I quite like that Idea.

Also *lots* of speculation about the relationship between Hulkling and Asgardian. Apparently the writer has said that Hulkling is indeed male (because there's something a little feminine about the way he's drawn so people had wondered if he was actually a she) and there will be issues to do with sexuality down the line. In #1 there's the little bit with Hulkling and Asgardian that certainly smacked of either flirting or actually a proper (but probably quite new) relationship.

Regardless, the title is worth it simply for teh art which I think is just gorgeous.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#497017 03/20/05 04:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The title is pretty interesting so far and the art is gorgeous, but my main problem has to do with Avengers mansion. In the last "Avengers" Iron Man said that he tightened security (or something), yet Cassie and whatsername can just climb over the gate?? You'd think there'd be tons of tresspassers/scavengers etc... And I can't believe Scott Lang's equipment (or anything else of equal value) is just sitting there in the ruins of the mansion (again, especially if security is so lax).

I don't read the title, but didn't Cassie Lang also become Ant-Girl in the "Spider-Girl" series' future?

#497018 03/20/05 06:18 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
In the last "Avengers" Iron Man said that he tightened security (or something), yet Cassie and whatsername can just climb over the gate??
Is this Avengers or New Avengers? If it's the former, it all got crapped (ergo the dud keypad). If not, we haven't caught up to NA 1 yet.

You'd think there'd be tons of tresspassers/scavengers etc... And I can't believe Scott Lang's equipment (or anything else of equal value) is just sitting there in the ruins of the mansion (again, especially if security is so lax).
Agreed there, but there's no indication that the stuff *is* there, only that Cassie *thinks* it is (and she's clearly not been there since her dad died). If it survived, Hank Pym probably took it.

I don't read the title, but didn't Cassie Lang also become Ant-Girl in the "Spider-Girl" series' future?
Stinger. And, while it's the same continity, it was A-Next, not SG (although she's guest-starred there a few times).

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#497019 03/22/05 01:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I forgot to mention before that it was heartening to see the Vision (even in that state). It was frustrating that that's where Kang's narration ended this ish - I wanted to find out what role he might play in this title (mentor?) Either way, I hope a little 30th century technology can fix up the poor boy.

#497020 03/22/05 06:10 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Yeah! Don't get me wrong, I loved the issue as a whole, but that scene made the book for me. It has me anxious for next month! Maybe they should have ended #2 with THAT scene, though the Cassie's reveal on the last page was cool, also.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#497021 03/22/05 06:59 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This issue was really good—in fact, it was just plain awesome. At issue #2, Young Avengers is already shaping up to be one of my favorite Marvel comic books, possibly in my top five (have to give it six issues before I make such a bold statement though).

The Vision scene as awesome and very heartening. To know that he’s still around in some capacity and will involved in this book takes a little more of the edge off of “Crapassembled”. Iron Lad is a very interesting character so far, and it looks like the interplay between him, Kang, Vision, etc. will be a driving force behind this book, and something I’m very much looking forward too. I wish it didn’t have to end there either, but it was well played in that it really left me wanting more.

Seeing the girls was great too. Cassie Lang is a definite plus, as she is a long-standing Marvel character with more backstory than quite a bunch of others. Although it wasn’t really a surprise, it was great to see that she’ll be trying to carry on her fathers legacy (although we already saw it in A-Next, the best of that series of comics IMO). The other girl looks interesting too, although a lot of that might be me being glad there’s another girl on the team. Supposedly there are maybe some more members to come and the roster will be fixed by #6.

Hulking and Asgardian seem cool too and very likeable. I’m curious to both their identities (and Patriots). And it does seem like their being set up as a possible gay couple—very cool. I get the feeling that his will be underplayed and not an ‘event’, which is how I think would be very beneficial to the comic and more enjoyable.

All in all, a very fun issue and I’m looking forward to the next. And the art was awesome—as we Scion fans knew anyway laugh

#497022 03/27/05 01:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read # 2.

I was sorta iffy after # 1. Fine, I supposed, but was it going to really interest me? I was gonna give it a few issues to hook me, and # 2 sealed the deal.

Here's why:

Cassie and the other chick. I suspect we're going to be seeing a Goliath Girl and Black Widow Jr. in the book very soon. I like!

Faboo artwork. WAY faboo.

But the # 1 reason was the revelation of The involvement of the Vision somehow with the team. YES!!!

And is it just me, or is Hulkling kinda looking like he, ahh, might play for the other team? He sure has pouty lips for a straight guy! OmiGAWD! I would *SO* buy "The Fabulous Hulkling" # 1! Or is "he" a SHE?!? Does anyone know?

So count me in on another Marvel book!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#497023 03/27/05 01:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just now read everyone else's # 2 comments!!

Kewl that the Vision's involvement made many so happy, as did the two chicas!

Bevis, your post has sent my mind racing! So Hulkling IS a guy. Oh, he's SO family. But he & Asgardian?!? I never really noticed. MUST reread 1 & 2!

Yeah, I'm digging this book, I think!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#497024 03/27/05 10:02 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Good to know you're on board too, Lash! It looks like we've all been pleasantly surprised so far!

#497025 03/28/05 05:10 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Hulkling and Asgardian shared a moment and a look in issue 1, Lashie... P.13, panel 3. wink

#497026 04/12/05 09:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I bought the first issue, just to see what it was, but as of issue 2 I am hooked. It is among my favorite Marvel titles at the moment. It has a kind of old school Teen Titans feel to it, and I like that.

Hulkling is a guy? I coulda sworn he was a she. Kids these days wink

Looking forward to issue 3!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#497027 04/12/05 06:53 PM
Candidate
Candidate
I've been lurking for months now after a friend told me about this board. I also really liked this book and I had to post an idea I had...

Could Patriot be the new Captain Britain's son? He mentioned about having to get home before his grandmother noticed and CB's son lives with grandma since he believes his mom died. Plus he would be bitter and angry over mom's death. Plus, he's a huge fan of Captain America, so...

The only real problem I see is a british accent, but he could disguise that if he wanted to.

Am I thinking crazy?

I'm not sure if anyone else has guessed on this but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it.

Oh, and, by the way... HI! smile

#497028 04/13/05 12:28 AM
Leader
Leader
That's not a bad idea about Patriot, but I'm not sure. He just seems a bit old. Then again Carrie (is it Carrie? Ant-Man's daughter) also seems a lot older than when we last saw her. I know this is supposed to be a year after the events of Disassembled but I'm sure she was only about ten when we saw her last so for her to be fourteen or whatever she said she was seems to be a bit of a leap. By that standard than the godsawful Captain Britain's son could be old enough to be patriot too. The only question there is how he got his powers (at the very least he appears to be fairly invunerable).

I'm still not sure what's going on with Hulkling and Asgardian. Like I say it's been confirmed he's a he and it's also been confirmed that some of the characters sexuality will be an issue too but the twists that we've had so far make me wonder whether there's not something a little les obvious than them being gay. I would love it if they were and they don't make a big fanfare of it but it could be something else. What that something else might be I dunno, but I'm certainly interested in seeing where it's going. I'm now seriously thinking about dropping New Avengers (which just doesn't seem to be going anywhere) in favour of Young Avengers which so far has had the characters, the action and some of the best art I've seen in comics for a good while.

#497029 04/13/05 12:29 AM
Leader
Leader
Oh, and welcome to the boards G-Man. Make yerself right at home. smile

#497030 04/13/05 06:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's an interesting theory, G-Man. But I agree with Bevis that the age leap may be a bit too much. I also have doubts anyone thought the new Captain Britain was interesting enough to tie into any story wink .

#497031 04/13/05 06:39 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Bevis - Cassie's the age she should be here. Johns deaged her in his Avengers and all Heinberg's done is restore her to the age she should be on a 1:4 ratio.

And I'm pretty certain that Iron Lad is meant to the the only pre-existing character in the first four. Although, a lot of people on another board were speculating that Patriot = Prodigy from the Slingers (not AX) based on that same thing about the gran.

#497032 04/13/05 08:03 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
'Boot, I've almost certain I've read somewhere that all four of the first four are pre-existing characters or have some direct connection to pre-existing characters. Which means you could still be right of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if more than one were also. The only one I can't seem to figure out at all is Hulking.

BTW, the new Captain Britain died in Dissassmbled? I didn't even notice...series was so crappy and she was such a bad character, that I never cared.

Cru, I'm glad you're on board! This has been a very pleasant surprise and I'm already anxious for the next issue.

And welcome G-Man!

#497033 04/13/05 08:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmmm... maybe the Young Avengers will have their HQ in the basement of a disco! Or a huge, "A" frame tower!

And maybe, after the end of the GLA mini, they can claim the Quin-Jetta wink

All kidding aside, I am loving this book. It's the first new series in ages that has really just grabbed me. The first issue was OK, although I could have done without that long ass scene in Jonah Jamesson's office, but the second issue was much better. I am definitely getting a Teen Titans/New Warriors vibe from it. And the art is simply gorgeous.

And if we get a little sexuality diversity in the characters with Hulkling and Asgardian, so much the better laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#497034 04/13/05 03:22 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Am I the only one that liked the new Captain Britain? Okay -the whole idea of "if you tell your secret identity then your kids die a horrible death" was just stupid, but otherwise I really liked her. Though I only read her origin story (Coipel's art was excellent and may have unfairly increased my enjoyment), so maybe she got very messed up after that. I also thought I heard that she was only injured and put in the hospital during Disassembled.

Either way, I like her better than Brian.

Based on your reactions, I'm glad I didn't read Disassembled -especially since Wanda and Viz were my 2 favorite Avengers.

I'm liking Young Avengers and echo the positive vibes regarding the new female members. I didn't really see anything about Patriot that made me think he had any kind of powers at all -but that's just me.

#497035 04/14/05 12:32 AM
Leader
Leader
G-Man, didn't he get shot in the last issue and pretty much brush it off? I suppose he could be wearing kevlar or something but I read it more as an invunerable thing. Possibly I've bene reading too many superhero comics though. laugh

I'm another one who has to jump on the bandwagon in hating the new Captain Britain. Actually hate might be too strong a word, but I do think it was stupid. There was no reason for her to be the new Captain Britain since it never really said what happened to the old one, and the whole 'if she gets hrt so does Britain' thing was just stupid. They then went on to ignore the fact that it said if she left England's soil (and they kept referring to Britain as being the same thing as England and vice versa which wound me up even more) and had her moving to the US. So... uh... is Britain now some kind of wasteland because she left?

I didn't realise she actually died in Disassembled though. I knew she got hurt when She Hulk went on the rampage but I thought she was just incappacitated rather than dead.

#497036 04/14/05 04:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by G-Man:
Could Patriot be the new Captain Britain's son? .... Plus he would be bitter and angry over mom's death.
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
BTW, the new Captain Britain died in Dissassmbled?
She's not dead -- her children only belive that she's dead.

The thing about the new CB that bothered me was the was the bizarre notion that since she's tied to Britain, injury to her results in catastrophe for the land. That sounds like a pretty ridiculous status quo for a superhero - someone who constantly puts themselves in danger. Other than that, there's certainly room for development (and it's nice to see the old outfit in use again).

#497037 04/14/05 08:06 AM
Candidate
Candidate
Bevis -you're right -I went back and saw where Patriot got shot and Hulkling asked if he was still bulletproof. I forgot that part.

From the Avengers story -I was under the impression that Captain Britain getting hurt by certain mystical means, such as LaFey's (LeFay's) magic, is what caused damage to Britain. Which is why she kidnapped Brian in the first place. Also, it turned out what made him so special was his parentage. It was a ridiculous storyline all in all and had a lot of stupid elements. It seems Marvel will allow certain writers to just tear up continuity in any way they please.

But I still like the character and what she did to protect Cap. And like I said, Coipel really heightened my enjoyment of the issue. I also loved his fill-in for the Uncanny X-Men.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star