Roll Call
0 members (), 32 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/21/24 08:43 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/21/24 08:42 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/21/24 08:40 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/21/24 08:32 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/21/24 05:53 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/21/24 05:47 PM
Fatal Five in DC August Solicits
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/21/24 12:27 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/21/24 10:16 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Son of M?
#500617 09/13/05 10:03 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Gee... just in case House of M wasn't bad enough, now they're doing "Son of M," a six issue Quicksilver spinoff of HoM.

Gee... doesn't Polaris need at least a "Daughter of M" one-shot?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Re: Son of M?
#500618 09/13/05 10:23 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
LOL

Just when it looks like the people running Marvel couldn't do something even MORE stupid...

When, oh when, will it end?

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#500619 09/13/05 11:20 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Silly Marvel! They're supposed to do 'Bride of M' first, then 'Son of M'!

#500620 09/13/05 11:35 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Stealth:
When, oh when, will it end?
About the time a present-day DCU book goes three months without tying into Infinite Crisis or one of its tie-ins.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#500621 09/13/05 12:22 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I'm waiting for "The M-pire Strikes Back" m'self... angel

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#500622 09/13/05 12:24 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Oh, and in the midst of all this, has anyone noticed how M is just being referred to as Monet in the X-Factor previews? smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#500623 09/13/05 12:35 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
No, I haven't--spill, 'Boot!

#500624 09/13/05 12:44 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Nothing more to spill - I'm just suggesting that they've dropped her codename (ummm... codeletter smile ) to avoid confusion with the M=Magneto motif going on.

#500625 09/13/05 03:08 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
What if they brought back Joseph, Mags' clone, and costarred them in M & M ???

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#500626 09/13/05 03:09 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Pov:
What if they brought back Joseph, Mags' clone, and costarred them in [b]M & M ???[/b]
That's reserved for the M twins smile

#500627 09/14/05 12:16 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
While I detest Bendis (except DD) and am not a big fan of Marvel currently...the House of M title is kinda cool methinks. The series? eh.

Son of M is a cool title. I am a Quicksilver fan...yes one of the few. So I am a bit interested in this. Things don't look good for Scarlet Witch or Magneto. If they get killed...I can see Quicksilver going insane...or atlest turning evil (again).

It seems he has no powers by the cover. Everyone seems to be moving so fast around him. I always thought it would be cool if Pietro started losing his speed powers and gained energy powers similiar to his fathers. ohwell I am not buying this anyways.

#500628 09/14/05 01:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Reboot:
Originally posted by Pov:
[b]What if they brought back Joseph, Mags' clone, and costarred them in [b]M & M ???[/b]
That's reserved for the M twins smile [/b]
That wisecracking button and his pal from the M& M commercials? (They worked a while to promote the coming of 2000, but soon lost their novelty here in Australia) Go figure!

#500629 09/14/05 04:53 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Gee... just in case House of M wasn't bad enough, now they're doing "Son of M," a six issue Quicksilver spinoff of HoM.

Gee... doesn't Polaris need at least a "Daughter of M" one-shot?
She needs a "Thought-I-was-Daughter-of-M-even-though-I-knew-it-was-false-years-ago" one-shot.

Also, does anyone notice that this is sounding like Mad Libs? Mad Libs, Son of Mad Libs, more Mad Libs.

Dan
#500630 09/14/05 04:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Reboot:
Originally posted by Stealth:
[b]When, oh when, will it end?
About the time a present-day DCU book goes three months without tying into Infinite Crisis or one of its tie-ins. [/b]
That's rough since the 52 book, which spins out of IC, will be going on for the next year.

Dan
#500631 12/16/05 07:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SON OF M #1

The Spider-man scenes were well-written and evocative. Though I'm surprised the parallel of Peter Parker's 'dream life' haven't been overtly compared to Pietro's. Spidey's dream of a family with a woman he can never have, ignoring the one he does have is in marked contrast to Pietro's dream of 'blessed' singlehood, his own wife and child no where in sight.

Said wife does pop up on the last page of the issue, asking 'What have you done to my husband'? I'm eager to read Spidey's answer and Pietro's response to Crystal (he fell off that roof, but since there's five more issues, I'm making the wild assumption that he survives).

The gritty art suited this issue, but I don't much like this penciller's Crystal. The colors for her are off, too. Always good to see Lockjaw, though.

#500632 12/17/05 02:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Where's "Uncanny M-Men", "M-Factor" and "M-calibur"?

#500633 12/20/05 12:16 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook

#500634 12/20/05 10:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I read #1. It was ok. Not sure how long the heroes will keep their memories but I hope not long.

The art didn't do much for me. But i like the focus on Quicksilver and now the Inhumans. The reason I am glad Marvel is doing this is because usually a character like Quicksilver will be ignored and we would have to connect the dots ourselves on his next appearance.

Sure they are banking of the "M" thing but it's to tell a good story about a usually ignored character. Resolution...imagine that.

#500635 01/14/06 08:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SON OF M #2

Great art, mostly. Loved Martinez's Crystal and Pietro (though I wasn't sure of his Crys in #1). She's clearly modeled after the Jae Lee rendition. I like what they did with her eyes... More beefcake shots of Pietro-- he reminds me of the guy who played the doctor in TALES OF THE CITY... and the husband in ONCE AND AGAIN.

Martinez's Medusa was beautiful, too- bedecked in Asian (Chinese? Tibetan?) finery. Lately, Medusa seems so... constrained. Perhaps she's adapted to her position. But I halfway expect a nice, juicy breakdown scene. Time to revisit the 'dame' in Madame Medusa...

Luna is six? Doesn't quite jibe with other Marvel character ages, but I guess keeping her roughly around Franklin's age (how old is he again?) makes sense. I *much* prefer her as a friend for him than Rachel Summers.

Pietro couldn't come up with a better plan than konking a sleepy guard over the head to sneak into the chamber of the Terrigen mists? Didn't he learn anything in his time as an Evil Mutant or as an Avenger/X-Factorer?

That last page-- what the madrox is going on?

I am enjoying this one- even if it did grow out of HOUSE OF M.

#500636 01/15/06 06:53 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I haven't been following Marvel in some time, so I'm completely out of the loop on this House of M business. But a friend recently loaned me SON OF M #1, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

It's always interesting to see a hero hit rock bottom. Sooner or later, they've got to climb out of that well of despair (if they are truly heroes, they will), and Pietro certainly has hit rock bottom in this issue. In fact, he's gone straight through the bottom. The opening narration, when he contrasts what his speed meant to him with the visuals of his present life as a derelict alcoholic, was touching. It also helped bring me up to speed (so to speak) very quickly without revealing too much information.

Spidey's appearances were also effective. Again, I have no idea what's been going on in M land, so Spidey's narration in which admitted that he was with the woman he loved -- and it wasn't MJ -- floored me. That must have been Gwen Stacy in the flashback, even though it looked nothing like her; she was Spidey's first true love, after all.

The interaction between Spidey and Pietro was also very moving. One can see just how far Pietro has fallen (literally), yet he still manages to be self-absorbed. He doesn't consider how his actions have affected Spidey or the mutant guy, or anyone else.

And then the last page is a classic Marvel teaser: Crystal shows up and immediately jumps to conclusions. I haven't seen # 2 yet, so I don't know how long she and Spidey duke it out before realizing it's all a misunderstanding (or perhaps writer David Hine will suprise me and not go that route at all).

But, for the first time in a long time, I am interested in seeing the next issue of a Marvel comic.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#500637 01/16/06 12:18 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The thing with Quicksilver is he's complex. Steve Engleheart made him a bad guy in a pretty good story way back in the day.

I do admit it was a bit of a stretch character wise but Pietro just makes a good villain.

Later it was explained as manipulations by Maximus that made Pietro "mad". But Pietro has always been mad. He's an anti-hero. By now I am not too worried he's powerless. Though I do think he would fare better if he had some energy powers similiar to his father's instead of super speed.

Is #2 out yet? You guys think Pietro will regain his old powers? Get new ones? Or remain powerless?

#500638 01/16/06 11:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#2 did have one glaring mis-step. Spidey's "You're Crystal, right..." like he didn't know her.

C'mon- he and Johnny Storm were buds when Crys and the Human Torch were an item.

AND they're both Avengers!

And Spiderman doesn't know the Inhumans live on the moon? Weak.

#500639 01/17/06 12:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Mystery Lad, lately I've been seeing that alot in Marvel comics. Characters who know each other act like they barely do. Writers need to come up with a better way to introduce the characters.

#500640 02/10/06 09:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SON OF M #3

Is 'grey' Quicksilver on the level? Or is Pietro being manipulated? This is like an inexorable tragedy. When Pietro stabs Goren, the doom of his fate seems sealed. Or does it? Greysilver said "this is the way it always happens". Meaning this sequence has been repeated more than once. Will Quicksilver find a way to change the pattern? To undo his actions?

If not, welcome Quicksilver to the ranks of super-villains. He'd be unbelievable as a hero after this issue.

The Inhuman with the eyestalks is up to something. He's either investigating Quicksilver or manipulating him. Perhaps he can implant visions to be activated later. Was he too good to be believed in previous issues?

Jolen has a thing for Crystal? I don't blame him. Wonder if she knows that he's a murderer? One who was taking orders from someone on Attilan? (That plot really needs to be resolved somewhere.)

She seems to enjoy Jolen's attention, her protestations to Pietro, aside.

However this mini ends, I hope it resolves the state of the marriage of Pietro and Crystal. Each one has treated the other badly at one time or another. Time for it to end, I think. Poor Luna, though. She's such a cutie. I hope this child has a future in the Marvel Universe. I liked her outfit. It fit a girl named Luna.

I didn't like to read that Luna's the only one who plays with Lockjaw. Crystal doesn't? She used to... in fact, her playfulness was always a big part of her character. Has she grown too grim and serious, like her sister? The royal family needs to get back to Earth. Perhaps literally. Let a little light in, Marvel.

Notice that it's Quicksilver-blue who departs Attilan with Lockjaw and Luna, but he appears to be wearing grey in that dingy room where he exposes himself and his daughter (and Lockjaw?) to the crystals he killed to steal.

Theft, murder, kidnapping and child endangerment (and turning a pet against it's owner?)... sound like the list of the acts of a super-villain to me. Will the remaining issues turn things around for Pietro?

I hope so.

#500641 02/11/06 05:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Whoa. This issue it got really interesting. I think this entire series is in fact the set up as Pietro as a major villain personally...or his death. Or Pietro as a complicated hero/villain type which I enjoy.

Hope nothing happens to Luna. I hate seeing young interesting characters sacrificed.

This issue was very well written. Certainly the most interesting.

So ya think Luna is gonna get powers? I hope so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,569
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Xben
Xben
Perth, Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star