Roll Call
2 members (stile86, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, stile86, Legion Tracker, stile86, Legion Tracker, stile86, Legion Tracker, stile86, stile86, stile86, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, stile86, stile86), 68 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/17/24 07:35 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:32 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:30 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Alexander - 05/17/24 07:09 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/17/24 03:40 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Son of M?
#500642 02/17/06 06:39 PM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
#4 preview, and Luna's powers: http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Mar_previews/march_8.htm

Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Whoa. This issue it got really interesting. I think this entire series is in fact the set up as Pietro as a major villain personally...or his death. Or Pietro as a complicated hero/villain type which I enjoy.
Hine's said that the start point and the end point for Pietro were mandated to him, and the route was his choice(s). So there are obviously plans.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#500643 03/09/06 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SON OF M #4

Between THE THING from a week or two ago and this issue, poor Lockjaw just can't catch a break from his family. Crystal's behavior was unlike her, but she *was* under the duress of just having her daughter kidnapped. I hope she makes apologies to Lockjaw and to Medusa (who *did* have a son-- but I've forgotten the ins and outs of his story. Something else else to do with Mephisto and Daredevil, I think. What was his ultimate fate? I should know, but I think it occurred in the early 90's- an era I skipped out on, except for the LEGION and a couple of other DC titles).

I'm not quite clear on why Pietro would travel to Genosha to administer the terrigen mist therapy. No super-heroes to confront him? I would've thought he *might* look up his surviving *sister* for the first doses. Oh, well- another opportunity wasted.

Poor Calisto. Her scenes were effectively written, conveying her sense of handicap post M-Day and her exhilaration at being repowered. And then, the cut of the teeth biting her ass as a result of that repowering.

Gotta say, the artist draws a beautiful Magneto. I'm looking forward to next issue- though I'm also dreading it, because I don't see how the characters featured here (all of which I'm very fond) can make it out intact.

#500644 06/06/06 12:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SON OF M #6

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

I was completely satisfied by this mini, though it does seem to be leading to at least two other stories. In other words, another 'soft' ending. Points off for that.

HOWEVER, what *is* there is 'cherce', IMO. Pietro's now positioned as a unique player in Marvel. Some are calling him a villain, now. Some still see him as a misunderstood hero. I think him just about the saddest character I've encountered in a comic in quite a while. He's done some awful things. I think the character realizes that about himself and his actions, compounding his sadness. Some awful things have happened to him, too.

Pietro's new role as the possible De-Decimator is interesting, but it's almost overshadowed (actually, it's *completely* overshadowed) by one whispered little word. "War" breathes Black Bolt.

The Inhumans vs. the US government. Now, this can't be good.

I would've liked to see a little diplomacy attempted before BB utters his havoc-wreaking syllable... but the Inhumans *have* been separated from humanity. They gave the general a chance. He was foolish not to take it.

It's a pretty one-sided 'war'. I don't see how the government could justify this general's actions. It'd be like someone stealing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution from every library, bookstore, museum and database at once.

It'd be nice to see the Marvel heroes rally around the Inhumans and partially seal up any rifts that have occurred due to CIVIL WAR. But that *ain't* gonna happen. The writers are going to have to work overtime to persuade me about any arguments used to sway Cap or even Iron Man to side against the royal family in this case.

I suppose the 'war' might simmer for some time... coming to a head *after* CIVIL WAR. That'd surprise me a bit.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,421
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mr. Kayak
Mr. Kayak
Milan, Italy
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star